Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA 2020 and Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA 2022. LS, Black Edition, ES, Exceed
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mitsubishi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

LisaP68
LisaP68Illawarra, NSW

Traded my Toyota CHR for this! Couldn’t be happier (Comparison)

Purchased in June 2021.

Suresh P.
Suresh P.Sydney, NSW

Great car and value for money

This is my family car and i love it. The best car i ever had. No issues so far. I am really impressed with first class comfort and love it ❤️.

Purchased in December 2020 at Mitsubishi Dealers for $42,000.00.

Abdulrahman A.South East Queensland, QLD

I am very happy with it...more than I expected

I bought my ES eclipse cross in December 2020.
So far everything is excellent. Fuel economy, a larger leg room than other small SUVs with adjustable back seat, good performance, comfortable to drive. Overall, I am happy with it and love it.

Purchased in December 2020.

Tony
TonyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Eclipse awd exceed

Just ordered the new model and 2 years of trouble free low cost motoring , good fuel ecomony great awd system with all the current safety tech all included and great features like head up display and dual sunroof and great small suv that is actually very spacious insure can fit 2 6 footers in front and back no problems

Purchased in May 2018.

Ricky
RickySydney, NSW

! EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE!

Perfect for long drive as well as local
Good mileage with 1.5 turbo engine
Stunning
Great family SUV
Much better shape, bigger boot more leg room
Amazing car worth it

Purchased in January 2021 for $33,490.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Mel
MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best car i have had

I have had this car 16 months , used to go everywhere, had no issues and all, great in city and country, great for the pets too to travel in. Economical with petrol too

Purchased in March 2019 at Northside Mitsubishi.

AFKPeel, WA

Take a "chance" and test drive this car..you might be surprised. Excellent car

Purchased in February 2020.

Angus
AngusRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Pleasantly surprised....

Very happy wit our EC driven now in mixed conditions for 2650km.....economy matches your driving style, extremely safe with every safety feature available. Its quiet and gets along well, likely not to win a drag race, but, plenty of zip...Eye catching and stylish, 7 year warranty and 2 years free services. We wanted a bigger vehicle than our Kia Cerato, the Eclipse cross is exactly the size we wanted...as we have gravel roads around AWD is very good. But its too nice to go on a bush bash....overall, very pleased, would recommend you test drive...

Purchased in January 2020.

Nikki S
Nikki S

Perfect family SUV

I use this car daily for driving to work, shops, family etc. I have had no issues and driving the car is so nice. I recently drive this car 150+ km for a trip and it was a great driving experience for a long distance drive. The car is very get in and go - easy to park with the parking sensors and reverse camera.
I have found the car to be quite fuel efficient also, with only needing to fill up once a week and it always gets me through, sometimes even longer than a week depending on what extra activities I have on over the weekend.
This car is definitely worth looking at and test driving - I love it

Purchased at Mitsubishi Dealers.

Year2019

Tony A
Tony AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outstanding vehicle

Just a joy to drive. Economical, quiet, spacious, smooth and can wake up the turbo and GO. Almost silent on smooth roads, big bump behaviour could be improved. Radar cruise control is outstanding - could not live without it. Think it is the best kept secret and easily best in class.

Purchased in November 2019.

Harry Sammi
Harry SammiSouth Australia

Best mid range SUV for the price

We bought the Black Edition few months back and love this car soo much. Engine is responsive but could have been better but for this price bracket its great.
Feature wise we have not found any other car which beats the price.
Highly recommended for family looking for mid size SUV.

Purchased in August 2019.

Dallas M.

Awesome vehicle. Don't believe the journo's

Wow what more can I say my partner and I were on the hunt for a new compact SUV. After looking at every available option. We settled on the eclipse cross and it's been the best decision yet. It's,stylish, compact ,quiet, comfortable and surpriseingly peppy. From top to bottom this car has exceeded our expectations. The turbo charged 1.5 ltre engine is a joy to drive with amazing pick up and smoothness. And yes it is a tad noisey if pushed but enjoyable. Visability is great and the room for this compact SUV is surprising. Overall this is one of the best SUV's it the segment.dont listen to the Media's views on this car they are wrong. Take one for a test drive and you will be surprised.

Purchased in August 2019 at Ballina Quayside Motors for $31,990.00.

Dallas M.

6 month update could not be happier. Still loving our eclipse cross.

Wayne J
Wayne JHobart

Extremely poor rear vision

Purchased in April 2019.

good technology, quick engine . Noises from rear cabin area. After 17 months and 20,000 kms I’m selling the car.

I use the car everyday for family use only.
It had been serviced by the Mitsubishi dealer but they could not fix all the problems just after second time and another dealer they fix the mayor noise from the rear of the cabin ( sunroof assembly bolts incorrect torque adjusment )

Purchased in March 2018 for $40,000.00.

Ianmar
IanmarGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well credentialed SUV...but

Responsive 1.5 turbo, significant boot size, ideal efficient hwy vehicle, nimble and easy to park around town, excellent safety package and 360°cameras, missing electric tailgate for vehicle of excellent quality

Purchased in March 2018 at Berwick Motor Group for $37,500.00.

Sayed H.
Sayed H.asked
Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021)

I bought eclipse cross 2021 before 10 days only and I am hearing a sound coming from the car i can not recognize from where exactly after going out from the parking in the morning one time only when i am turning right or left with the steering with the first acceleration. The sound like friction sound. Can you tell me what it indicates for ?!

Abdulrahman A.

It could be from the tyres on the ground if the ground surface is very polished. I heard a sound from the tyres when I was in shopping parking once and I went down and I noticed that was from the front tyre friction on the ground surface.

Reemz K.
Reemz K.asked
Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021)

I keep hearing 3 loud beeps while driving my car. Does anyone know what this is

AFK

do the 3 beeps occur with regular frequency or following specific events like radar incursions where objects come into play - we don't get lots of beeping events but it does beep when the active cruise control gets into distance between cars that have been set (when it engages and disengages) and other similar events but it doesn't beep a lot - I think you can re-programme the audio visual display screen to suit your preferences - there is full instruction in the drivers manual on how to do this - if you can identify the specific events that that cause the beeps, and they are not critical safety warnings you may be able to programme them out , but if they are regular and not identified then the dealer would no doubt be able to give you some advice.
regards
Afk

Darrell E.
Darrell E.asked
YA Exceed (2017-2021)

So.
My wife loved her $38500 car BUT twice now on different occasions the car has surge and run rough fuel consumption goes up to around 80/90 lts/100 and all dash/instrument lights fade and flickering Mitsubishi said we must have put dirty fuel in it. C'mon Mitsubishi!
Has anyone else had anything like this with there Eclipse. 37000 odd k's on it btw.

AFK

late answer, but this does sound odd - maybe dirty fuel is a source but one would hope the fuel filters would filter out "dirt" - water would be a different situation though, that could cause some grief - 80-90 litres a 100 has to be an aberration and possibly a temporary fault in the instrument calculation and display, hence the blinking on the instrument panel. Sometime my Pajero sport head unit display chucks a wobbly but turn on turn off fixes it, its not a persistent problem - no car could use 80-90 litres a hundred kilometres. Do you get your fuel from the same place or move around, contaminated fuel is not common but it does happen. We have only had one problem with our car, the radio antenna lead has resistance causing DAB+ problems on distant stations and Mitsubishi were very responsive - if this problem persists I would beat a path to the dealers door
regards
Afk

See all Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021) questions

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021)

Compare all 5 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021)
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $29,990$40,990$38,490$32,990
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption7.7 L/100km7.7 L/100km7.3 L/100km7.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 60 L60 L63 L63 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5 L4 Cylinder 1.5 L4 Cylinder 1.5 L4 Cylinder 1.5 L
Max Power110kW @ 5500rpm110kW @ 5500rpm110kW @ 5500rpm110kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque250Nm @ 2000-3500rpm250Nm @ 2000-3500rpm250Nm @ 2000-3500rpm250Nm @ 2000-3500rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)750 kg1,600 kg1,600 kg1,600 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)1,600 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions
Ground Clearance175 mm175 mm175 mm175 mm
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017
Compare all 5 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA (2017-2021)

Other Small / Compact SUVs