370L Bottom Mount MR-CX370EJ Series, 402L Bottom Mount MR-CX402EJ Series
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi Electric

• Internal Layout
Rowen
RowenSouthwest, VIC

Bought this fridge in April 2021. Through the freezer drawer everything is easier accessible.

Temperature is consistent across all compartments and the fridge is really easy to open and close, we wanted a highly efficient fridge and it is very efficient. I can highly recommend!

Brooke
BrookeSydney, NSW

They've thought of everything!

Best fridge I've ever bought! How the times have changed!

I love the design of this fridge and how much attention to detail has gone into the practical compartments and features.
There is a large section for general fridge items, a second draw for fruits and vegetables, an ice section where you can store thing like ice bricks, a large freezer draw and an ice maker!

This is the best thought-out fridge I have ever purchased

This fridge was bought for an apartment and I originally thought id be stuck with some small basic fridge however when this fridge met my specifications I was ecstatic!

Absolutely love it and high recommend!

Purchased in March 2021 at Appliances Online for $1,149.00.

luiza
luizaSydney, NSW

very happy with my new fridge

amazing fridge, lots of space , the veggie drawer is so good , the ice maker is a big plus , inside is very well distributed the spaces , totally recommend! it's even better for us as our kitchen is small and we were struggling to find a model that has enough litres for 600mm wide.

Purchased in June 2021 at Appliances Online for $1,049.00.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good fridge but vegetable drawer not so great

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,100.00.

Melawella
MelawellaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

disappointing

Not overly cold and the shelves keep breaking. We are on our second round of shelving. Shelves are cheap and not good quality plastic. The front of the fridge look cheap and scratches, dents easy. Not happy with the purchase, however one positive is the ice maker! That has been designed welln and is a geat fuction.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,100.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
IanSydney, NSW

Great Upgrade

Needed to upgrade my older fridge. Only need a smaller unit to fit my kitchen.Decided on the Mitsubishi as it seemed to have the best warranty and reviews.
After only a few days use, can only say I am totally sold on this fridge, especially the ingenious ice maker and the crisper drawer with a special light.
The flexibility of the shelving is convenient and more than adequate for storage.
Great Fridge.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

SARA B.
SARA B.South East Queensland, QLD

Love our fridge!

We've had the fridge since April 2018 and it's been great. Love the vege drawer. This is the best fridge I've ever owned. It is compact but if you don't need a huge fridge I would highly recommend this model. For the prize and the features - it's great value.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Viv
Viv

I love this fridge so much... I bought two :-)

I absolutely love this fridge. So much space considering the liters capacity and the vegetable drawer is the best invention ever. I loved it so much i bought a second one (as we had extended family with us and needed more room). I see they have a 492L model now which looks great. I highly recommend this fridge!!!

Purchased in January 2016.

Louisa
LouisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this fridge - great design and good-looking

Purchased in February 2020 at Appliances Online.

Rebekah
RebekahHobart, TAS

I want to marry this fridge!

I love pretty much everything about this fridge, from the ice making without needing to be plumbed, to the easy glide drawers! I adore the middle humidity drawer which keeps veg fresher. The only downside,is the split shelf, which I'd never use... but I guess, handy to have it needed.
Yes,it makes a few new and strange noises, but nothing compared to my old clunker 20yr old Westinghouse workhorse fridge. Yes, it was a tad expensive, but you truly get what you pay for!
With shiny black front panels and matt black sides, this fridge is a stunning piece of art in my kitchen! I am utterly in Love with it!

Purchased in January 2020 at Winning Appliances for $1,137.00.

Ilya Lisunov
Ilya LisunovSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent freezer

I bought it six months ago. I've read some negative review about the noise issues, but my one works just fine. It's a perfect fridge. I even use its manual ice maker is spite I've got another, big LG french door fridge with automatic ice maker. It's because LG doesn't dose the needed quantity ice properly.
The Mitsubishi MR-CX402EJ isn't the cheapest fridge, but it's a really magnificent device in the house.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,400.00.

lolex
lolexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good, but it's got a rattle noise

I bought this because I like Mitsubishi....all my Aircon systems are Mitsubishi.

It's a good frij, well designed, although better use of space possible (see Benito's review on Appliances Online site).
So, overall I'm happy but the motor has developed a bit of a rattle that's getting increasingly annoying. I guess I need to call their customer service.

I called their customer service and it was properly fixed within 7-10 days.....very quiet since then.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,099.00.

CY
CYSydney, NSW

Excellent Fridge for under $1,000

I bought this to replace a faithful 25 year old Fisher and Paykel. It is exceptionally good looking. The doors and drawers are easy to open. The vegetables cooler and freezer drawers make storing and getting things so easy. The shelf design is good so you can fit a lot of things in it. Even has an automatic ice-maker that does not require plumbing, just fill a plastic container in the fridge compartment full of water and ice is made in the freezer. Very quiet and cold. With a factory 5 year warranty (10 years on the motor) you really can't go wrong. I am very happy with it. Just kicking myself for not getting the red one (got the steel one) which is stunning.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliance Online.

Annette
AnnetteSydney, NSW

Perfect for a small family

This fridge looks fantastic and fits far more in it than I expected. The best feature is the internal ice maker. I wanted a small fridge with a smooth door that could make ice but didn’t think it existed. It does! The seperate fruit and veg draw saves loads of room inside the fridge. I’ve had it for several months. No problems mechanically and no issues fitting everything in the fridge but I do use a chest freezer for bulk stuff. Priced right.

Purchased in February 2019 at 2nds World for $1,098.00.

Larissa Chehelnabi
Larissa ChehelnabiSydney, NSW

Love the way you can organise your food!

I love this fridges because it has different compartments with regulated temperatures.
I have my vegetables divided from the cheeses/salumi and when I buy fish there's a special compartment.
Love also the ice maker. Perfect for a small family

Purchased in November 2017 at 2nds World Physical store.

Brendaasked
Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)

I was impressed with this fridge/freezer when I saw it in a shop yesterday but forgot to look at the door opening mechansim. Could someone tell me please if the door opens flush on the hinge side or does it need a couple of cms of space to fully open. I have limited cabinet space. Many thanks.

Ian

The top door opens flush with the side panel. Both bottom areas are drawers so should not be a problem.

Brenda

Thanks for that. It will save me a 40 min drive to check it out.

karincrowe
karincroweasked
402L Bottom Mount MR-CX402EJ-OB-A2 (Onyx Black)

Hello, Is Onyx black steel? Is it just a name of a colour or it is a different material?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Jamo
Jamoasked
402L Bottom Mount MR-CX402EJ Series

I had my heart set on getting one of these fridges mainly because of the vegetable drawer & swayed by the CHOICE recommendation. However, my son purchased one 6 months ago and they are very disappointed in the vegie drawer which they now use for drinks etc because the vegies do not stay crisp for long. I called Mitsubishi and they advised I would have to keep the vegetables in plastic bags as recommended in the manual. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Ian

I had the same experience but since using plastic bags or containers, the problem was solved and find vegetables last a long long time. Overall very happy with the fridge and find the crisper draw great

See all Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter) questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives

Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)

Compare all 10 Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,649.00$1,649.00$1,649.00$1,649.00
Dimensions 1698 x 600 x 660 mm1698 x 600 x 660 mm1698 x 600 x 660 mm1698 x 600 x 660 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice Dispenser
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins1111
Weight72 kg72 kg72 kg72 kg
Door Hinge RightRightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishOnyx BlackStainless SteelWhiteBlack Stainless
Capacity
Total Capacity 370 L370 L370 L370 L
Fridge Capacity 189 L189 L189 L189 L
Freezer Capacity 103 L103 L103 L103 L
Compare all 10 Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)