370L Bottom Mount MR-CX370EJ Series, 402L Bottom Mount MR-CX402EJ Series

• Internal Layout
Melawella

MelawellaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

disappointing

Not overly cold and the shelves keep breaking. We are on our second round of shelving. Shelves are cheap and not good quality plastic. The front of the fridge look cheap and scratches, dents easy. Not happy with the purchase, however one positive is the ice maker! That has been designed welln and is a geat fuction.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,100.00.

Ian

IanSydney, NSW

Great Upgrade

Needed to upgrade my older fridge. Only need a smaller unit to fit my kitchen.Decided on the Mitsubishi as it seemed to have the best warranty and reviews.
After only a few days use, can only say I am totally sold on this fridge, especially the ingenious ice maker and the crisper drawer with a special light.
The flexibility of the shelving is convenient and more than adequate for storage.
Great Fridge.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

SARA B.

SARA B.South East Queensland, QLD

Love our fridge!

We've had the fridge since April 2018 and it's been great. Love the vege drawer. This is the best fridge I've ever owned. It is compact but if you don't need a huge fridge I would highly recommend this model. For the prize and the features - it's great value.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

I love this fridge so much... I bought two :-)

I absolutely love this fridge. So much space considering the liters capacity and the vegetable drawer is the best invention ever. I loved it so much i bought a second one (as we had extended family with us and needed more room). I see they have a 492L model now which looks great. I highly recommend this fridge!!!

Purchased in January 2016.

Louisa

LouisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this fridge - great design and good-looking

Purchased in February 2020 at Appliances Online.

Rebekah

RebekahHobart, TAS

I want to marry this fridge!

I love pretty much everything about this fridge, from the ice making without needing to be plumbed, to the easy glide drawers! I adore the middle humidity drawer which keeps veg fresher. The only downside,is the split shelf, which I'd never use... but I guess, handy to have it needed.
Yes,it makes a few new and strange noises, but nothing compared to my old clunker 20yr old Westinghouse workhorse fridge. Yes, it was a tad expensive, but you truly get what you pay for!
With shiny black front panels and matt black sides, this fridge is a stunning piece of art in my kitchen! I am utterly in Love with it!

Purchased in January 2020 at Winning Appliances for $1,137.00.

Ilya Lisunov

Ilya LisunovSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent freezer

I bought it six months ago. I've read some negative review about the noise issues, but my one works just fine. It's a perfect fridge. I even use its manual ice maker is spite I've got another, big LG french door fridge with automatic ice maker. It's because LG doesn't dose the needed quantity ice properly.
The Mitsubishi MR-CX402EJ isn't the cheapest fridge, but it's a really magnificent device in the house.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,400.00.

lolexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good, but it's got a rattle noise

I bought this because I like Mitsubishi....all my Aircon systems are Mitsubishi.

It's a good frij, well designed, although better use of space possible (see Benito's review on Appliances Online site).
So, overall I'm happy but the motor has developed a bit of a rattle that's getting increasingly annoying. I guess I need to call their customer service

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,099.00.

CY

CYSydney, NSW

Excellent Fridge for under $1,000

I bought this to replace a faithful 25 year old Fisher and Paykel. It is exceptionally good looking. The doors and drawers are easy to open. The vegetables cooler and freezer drawers make storing and getting things so easy. The shelf design is good so you can fit a lot of things in it. Even has an automatic ice-maker that does not require plumbing, just fill a plastic container in the fridge compartment full of water and ice is made in the freezer. Very quiet and cold. With a factory 5 year warranty (10 years on the motor) you really can't go wrong. I am very happy with it. Just kicking myself for not getting the red one (got the steel one) which is stunning.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliance Online.

Annette

AnnetteSydney, NSW

Perfect for a small family

This fridge looks fantastic and fits far more in it than I expected. The best feature is the internal ice maker. I wanted a small fridge with a smooth door that could make ice but didn’t think it existed. It does! The seperate fruit and veg draw saves loads of room inside the fridge. I’ve had it for several months. No problems mechanically and no issues fitting everything in the fridge but I do use a chest freezer for bulk stuff. Priced right.

Purchased in February 2019 at 2nds World for $1,098.00.

Larissa Chehelnabi

Larissa ChehelnabiSydney, NSW

Love the way you can organise your food!

I love this fridges because it has different compartments with regulated temperatures.
I have my vegetables divided from the cheeses/salumi and when I buy fish there's a special compartment.
Love also the ice maker. Perfect for a small family

Purchased in November 2017 at 2nds World Physical store.

Janet C

Janet CSouth East Queensland, QLD

A simply wonderful and practical fridge

My sister had a Mitsubishi 3 door - the best designed fridge I had ever seen, so I bought one too when it came time to upgrade. I love the separate vege draw and the visibility of everything stored in the upper compartment. I also chose Onyx black - paid a bit extra but it looks very stylish in a white kitchen.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
JasonF

JasonFBrisbane

Very quiet
Great storage
Love the veggie drawer
Easy to keep clean
This is easily the best fridge I have ever owned. Perfect for two adults. Being bale to separate the veggies form the rest of the products is excellent as it allows us to better organise our meals. The freezer takes a bit to get used to, but it works well. And id I mention how quiet it is. It just purrs.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Josh

Josh

Love it!

We couldn't live without this fridge now that we have it! The continual ice maker is unique to Mitsubishi fridges in the way that it doesn't require plumbing and makes a continual amount of ice in the tray inside the freezer. The dedicated vegetable and fruit drawer is great for keeping odours from other meat and foods from your fresh produce.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
and21

and21Sydney, NSW

Best Fridge ever

I used to have an LG fridge, till last year, decided to upgrade. The best decision, ever made. This Mitsubishi fridge is excellent. It's got a separate vegetable drawer, just for veggies and an Ice maker. Unbelievable, ice-maker in such a small fridge. Maintains good temperature in all the compartments. It is quiet. It need a bit of work on cleaning, which i don't mind.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Claire C

Claire Casked

370L Bottom Mount MR-CX370EJ Series

I am having a problem removing the toe grille so that I can pull the fridge out. Is it connected somewhere? PS I love the fridge.

lolex

Just give it a sharp pull...
It's a push fit item...
Good luck !

Nathaniel

Nathanielasked

370L Bottom Mount MR-CX370EJ Series

Hello,

I am unable to get the ice maker to work.
Do I just fill up the container and put it in?
I have turned to pump to the on position.
How long on average does it take for the ice to make?

carolynasked

370L Bottom Mount MR-CX370EJ-ST-A2 (Stainless Steel)

Where is the marker for limiting water to make ice? How many times can you refill the water for ice?
I sometimes get water collecting outside at the bottom of the water container box in the fridge.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Carolyn,

Please refer to page 9 of your user manual (available to download here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/mr-cx402ej-st-bottom-mount-refrigerator.html). There is a line on the side of the water container to fill up to.

Remove the container from the fridge, top up the water to the fill line, dry all around the outside of the container, and put it back in the fridge. Maybe some water has spilled outside of the container.

Are you filling the container while it is still in the fridge?

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

carolyn

I can't open your link to the user manual. However, my problem is finding the line on the water container. Is the line on the short or long side of the container?

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Carolyn,

Sorry, there was an error in the link I sent you. Please try this link:

The water "full line" is on the side of the lid recess, on the top of the water container.

Please refer to this photo (please excuse the Japanese writing, as we are using our original pre-production sample fridge):

Hope this helps.

If you still can't find it, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

See all Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter) questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives

Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)

Compare all 10 Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,649.00$1,649.00$1,649.00$1,649.00
Dimensions 1698 x 600 x 660 mm1698 x 600 x 660 mm1698 x 600 x 660 mm1698 x 600 x 660 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice Dispenser
Colour / FinishOnyx BlackStainless SteelWhiteBlack Stainless
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins1111
Weight72 kg72 kg72 kg72 kg
Door Hinge RightRightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Capacity
Total Capacity 370 L370 L370 L370 L
Fridge Capacity 189 L189 L189 L189 L
Freezer Capacity 103 L103 L103 L103 L
Compare all 10 Mitsubishi Electric Bottom Mount MR-CX Series (Inverter)