Mitsubishi Lancer CE

Mitsubishi Lancer CE (1996-2003)

4.3 from 14 reviews · View Details

• Comfort
Dominic N.

Dominic N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Solid 1st car

Purchased in July 2016 for A$2,500.00.

Year2001
Tyrone Bandara

Tyrone BandaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very well built cars

I've had 3 of these cars in the last 11 years. They tick all the boxes of a reliable buzz box. I always end up going back to one of these. Classic 90s japanese car with a simple functional design.

Purchased in April 2020.

Year1999
Dave

DaveHunter Region, NSW

Reliable, cheap on fuel, economical and sporty.

I use my CE Mitsubishi lancer frequently to and from work, long drives down the coast to see family and occasional surfing trip. I have had the car serviced on the due dates with no faults mentioned by my mechanic. It's no v8 but it's perfect for me. I highly recommend this vehicle for the average family.

Purchased in February 2019 at Private for A$2,500.00.

Year2000
Sedans

Find out how Mitsubishi Lancer CE compares to other Sedans

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Affordable luxury

This car has great fuel consumption and is a pleasure to drive. It has so many options that contribute to the overall quality of the vehicle making it feel and drive like a luxury car. At a great price it definitely puts it ahead of the competition. Recommend a test drive if in the market for a new sedan as I’m sure like myself you won’t be disappointed.

Vlad

VladForest Lake

Reliable Car

I bought Mitsubishi Lancer Limited Edition with about 65,000 kms and sold it at 208,000 and never has let me down very reliable car with good handling, fuel economy and performance, although it was serviced almost every time on time. And never had a bigger service than $1300 when the timing belt was done usually up from $150-$500 depending what needed changing. I would recommend it.

BodyCoupe
BadgeES Limited Edition
Date PurchasedAug 2004
Raychiiee

Raychiiee

A great little car

It's a great little car haven't had any issues with it neither did the previous owner it's a great car to drive it's reliable and very cheap on fuel. It's not overly spacious inside so if installing a car seat it is a bit squishy there's enough leg room but if you have a tall driver or passenger it makes the leg room in the back seat very limited also the back seats are slanted towards the back making installation of a car seat difficult and the car seat unstable but overall it's a great car to have and to drive.

BadgeGLi
Date PurchasedSep 2016
Stevos

StevosMelbourne

Lowered Shockers and springs

Will lowered shockers and springs suited to suit a 1999 lancer CE fit a 2001 lancer CE. Wondering about this as I've been asked if I want an unopened new set but stuck as I'm not 100% if they will fit.

Thanks heaps, can't wait for what you all have to say!

BadgeCommonwealth Games Edition GLi
Date PurchasedDec 2015
Shaun

ShaunWestern AU, 6163

My first glxi, had two gli before.

haha, I bought one in very good condition a week back, has done 190ks but was with old couple and is terrific inside and out. Surprisingly auto is fast and responsive with gas pedal and more surprisingly it returned 230kms in $25 fuel. Verified this economy twice and it's awesome. No wonder why so many rally cars have been Mitsubishi's.

BadgeGLXi
Engine Size1.8

Dependable and low total cost of ownership

We've had a few of these car's as we had a great run with the first two which were purchased new, both of us travel around 1500 - 2000k's a week each for work. The two we purchased new both travelled over 400,000km before trading and we honestly couldn't have been happier, the third we purchased second hand and has now done just over 250,000km. Faults are few and far between, it is worth selecting a quality tyre is as they are prone to tyre noise being a cheaper vehicle, headlights don't set the world on fire either. Servicing costs very impressive, other than batteries every few years and a wheel baring we can't recall any unexpected servicing and certainly never a breakdown.

BodyCoupe
BadgeGLi
Engine Size1.5
Sedans

Find out how Mitsubishi Lancer CE compares to other Sedans

lilypie

lilypie

Good

This is a great little car for city driving. Not so great for longer road trips, but if you're looking for something to get you from A to B without costing much and is able to get into even the smallest parking space - the car for you! Great visibility out of all windows and no blind spots. It can be a bit crampy in the back and a car full of adults makes the Lancer a bit sluggish.
A great city car - easy to get around and park in small spaces & fuel economy is wonderful
A bit low on power, crampy in the back seats

mikeo

mikeo

Good

Other than an aircon compressor -$1500 - and a disc pad that came loose we have spent nothing other than regular services over 3 examples that we have had. I like that! It gets up & goes every time!
We have our 3rd - solid, reliable & economical - 480km on 33 litres from new to now 90,000km. I am tall my wife is short, As such I need front legroom & this is one of the reasons we bought & bought & bought - 43 in a row!
NVH could be better but is reflected by it's low price - some road noise does come through. A good tyre choice helps make this acceptable but it can be intrusive with a "cheap" tyre.

shian36au

shian36au

I bought the car a year ago and totally adore it :)
Everything totally love it :)

Dodz77

Dodz77

OK

Car drive okay, but electric window should be standard for that price (compare to other car in the same market).
Suspension at the back start have funny noise after 2 years.
I used the car daily and it is easy to maintain and very reliable. Engine quite powerful for those engine size and petrol not to bad for city. Air Conditioning even I put in for front only, but still have air come out from the foot. The brake quite good and comes with standard Air Bag safety. Overall, great car to buy at that price, only few minor disadvantage.
Model, style, engine power
ES model for that price not with Electric Windows

BadgeES
sano2sano

sano2sano

Very reliable and sturdy, the only problem i have had in 5 years on a 10 year old car is oil usage, it does not leak but it burns a fair amount, the efficiency is not too great but also not too bad I still get 100 km on $9.00 0f petrol @ $1.25 per litre.
Good second hand car
The automatic gears can tend to stay in a low gear for too long forcing you to accelerate too much to get it to upshift.