Morphy Richards 48319

Morphy Richards 48319

2nd Generation (2017) and 1st Generation

Ripped off!!

Ripped off!!Northern Region, NSW

Bought it in January and it just stopped working in July, computer has gone crazy!

I replaced my old bread maker when it started to let me down after about 10 years. I really liked the idea of being able to add automatically so purchased the Morphy Richards Stainless Steel Bread Maker - 48319MR .
At first it worked well, then it started to play up. Now it just cant be programmed. So disappointing!

Purchased in January 2019 at Catch.com.

Hi Ripped off,
Please return the bread maker to the retailer you purchased from with your purchase receipt and they will be able to replace it for you under warranty.

Cathy

CathyCentral Queensland, QLD

It's ok.

I use the breadmaker every second day. But it doesn't brown the top of the bread even tho I have it on the highest setting. Am I doing something wrong?
Or do I buy a different one?

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $150.00.

Noise Level

Date PurchasedMay 2018

THOMAS

THOMASWollongong nsw

Use it every day

Machine is good but I have been making bread for 30 years and never found ingredients of recipes correct. The bread is only as good as the correct amount of ingredients in the mix. Takes a number of trails before the right quantities are found. Makes perfect loaf if the mix is right.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Dr Michael Brennan

Dr Michael BrennanHervey Bay, Qld

Bread maker: New as Good as Old

Very short lived Breadmaker.

No receipt as was a Christmas present. Lasted approx 14 months of use, not continuous. Pan needs to be replaced as Possibly it may fix the problem. Paddle support falls out as split washer worn out. Pan also flicks to off location before finishing cycle. Have contacted Glen Dimplex Australia for support and received a "political" response....lots of words without committing to anything including only advising me to buy a new pan at Au$70.00. Loved the operation of the machine and found it to be user friendly. Will try a different brand now.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

sevastian

sevastianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Consistently good results, reliable and sturdy

This breadmaker is good for making salt free or gluten free bread. Replace the salt with a little gluten flour and lemon juice, and youll have a healthy loaf that doesnt send you blood pressure sky high. It has 18 baking options including sweet loaf, gluten free and two that you can set up with knead and raising settings you will reuse. Theres a nut and fruit dispenser that means you dont have to lift the lid at the right time to add them. You can lift the lid to add a little flour/liquid if it looks too we/dry after first kneading.
Its a reliable, sturdy machine that will take your own recipe and give consistent results. I love it, its my heart-saver.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Danielle D.Morphy Richards

Hi Sevastian.. Thank you so much for your review of our product. We very much appreciate your feedback!!

Very happy.

I'm not what some of the other reviewers are doing? But I haven't had a dodgy loaf yet. I follow the instructions & recipes provided in the manual & every loaf has been perfect.

Total Piece of crap.

I have tried a few times to make a normal loaf of bread with this machine.
Total fail even when following the directions to the letter.
It doesn't mix well and it doesn't knead well.
If the warranty hadn't expired I'd take it back.

The ancient Panasonic I had totally kicked it's terrible.

Back to Panasonic.

wenelle

wenelleWollongong

Paddle cooks in the loaf

Unexpected bread height and density

This is my second Morphy Richards bread machine. The first had a square tin and worked fine until it (probably) needed a belt change (became noisy) which is impossible.
The 48319 has a design flaw it cannot handle the rectangular tin. That's why the tin "dances" during operation and that's why bread shape and density are unexpected. My main problem is the touch panel. Everything works fine except for the on/off operation (long push on touch button). Sometimes I struggle with the button for 10 minutes before the machine will start. Does anybody know if service is capable of replacing the touch panel or should I look for a new machine?
The programmability
zero reliability

Natalia Noble

Natalia NobleEdinburgh

Awful. Wast of money and time

Jroman

I agree. This is the second replacement and has the problem of the basket working loose and ending up sideways in the machine without mixing the ingredients.

Denise Goodfellow

Denise GoodfellowDarwin River

Pan comes loose

The first time we used this breadmaker it worked perfectly. However, since then the pan hasn't seated properly. That is, one can seat it, but when the pan revolves it somehow becomes disconnected. Consequently the dough doesn't rise and the end product is a rock-hard bun. On looking up help Morphy Richards website, I discovered the options given for signing in were restricted. For example, only two countries were listed: UK or Ireland. Hence if I want to complain I need to phone, a little hard in our rural area.
Looks good
pan becomes disconnected. Difficulty in contacting manufacturer

Jroman

I agree totally have the same problem

Works well

Ryan55

Ryan55Yokine, Western Australia

This machine hasn't let us down, not once.

Bangalore
Bangalore

Thank you for such a thorough comment on the machine. Very helfpful, and the info about how you get best results! Awesome.

Michelle white
Michelle white

Haven't got my machine yet but can't wait to start baking. Thanks for all the tips

HenkMELBOURNE

Not very good at all

I have bought this item 8 months ago the first one blew the fuses, the second one was good for approx 10 bread and started playing up bread not rising and only seem to bake little bricks. I rang the store and you get the usual run a round try this and than try this.
I would advise everyone to skip this machine as a friend of mine bought the same and has similar problems.
the look
everything is wrong with this machine

Margaret33
Margaret33

Wayne_Dowding

Wayne_DowdingAU

Simply awsome, i did much research after my sanyo lasted 13 years, this machine is fantastic after two weeks of solid baking every day, very quiet, no viabrations, easy twist action of the bread tin putting in and taking out, the colapsable paddle still leaves hole but is much smaller than old machine, bread falls right out every time, i like lightest crust setting for white bread, also keeps bread warm when finished if you forget to get it out, so bread doesnt go soggy and the timer counts to let you know how long it has been ready, very happy so far.
very quiet, competitive price, internal light, heaps of functions.

Terrible, only fit for the dump.

Probably the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. wish I didn't throw out the old one, it at least had a 99% success rate. There is no way way i would recommend this machine to anyone.
Would be lucky if 1:10 even turns out, yesterdays attempt did not even mix the dough properly.
Have contacted the company. Lets see if they respond.

Poor success rate in actual bread making!

ErinT

If I could rate it 0 stars, I would!

This breadmaker does not produce anything edible. I have tried many different recipes (The provided recipe book is very hard to read) and premixes, but none turned out a good loaf of bread. It doesn't bake well, with the bottom of the loaf always super dense. It does not mix well, with the corners of the tin often piles of flour! It also short-circuits my house when switching to bake mode.

In one word: Horrible!

Doesn't bake, doesn't mix, short circuits the house.

Rudi62
Rudi62

Sounds like you have a wiring problem in your house if it is tripping the circuit breaker. Or the unit has a electrical fault in either case you need to get it checked out. Have you used a bread maker before, at all???

ErinT

I tested it to make sure it wasn't my house - tripped in two separate locations, so definitely the unit. Also yes this was my 2nd machine after my faithful panasonic died after 10 years of use.

Robo

Roboasked

what is the difference between 48319 and premium 48319 Robert

Hi Robo,
The Morphy Richards Bread Maker model 48319 is the Premium Plus. There is only one model with the numbers 48319.

Colinasked

Is normal on pizza dough setting no 14 that there is a delay of approx 30 min before it starts up

Colin

Should the machine start working as soon as you have programmed it?

GLEN D.Morphy Richards

Hi Colin, acutally no the pizza function goes for 50 minutes so it should start once you have pressed the Accept/start button. You need to press for a few seconds for this to start the process.

Blue53

Blue53asked

48319 1st Generation

I find it hard to program. I press the plus button at the top and it will go to about program 3 then back to 2 then maybe up to 7 then back to 6. Sometimes I just cant get it to go to 14 Pizza no matter what I do. I then use my cheap Breville which is super easy to program and try the Morphy Richards next week. Sometimes it will go right through to 14, its just a crap shoot. I would like to make pizza doughin my Morphy Richards and a loaf of bread in my Breville at the same time, but this is not to be. Can anyone tell me if holding my mouth a different way will help?

Henk

The only thing I suggest is what I did, just tip the whole thing in the trash can. I was running out of patience with the stupid thing, it has been the worse appliance I ever bought.
I know this is not going to help you - but I am sure that is what you end up doing with that piece of [censored word removed].

Caddy48
Caddy48

My machine moves easily through the numerical sequence. I have never experienced any difficulty programming it. It sounds as though the machine is faulty. Time to test Morphy Richards customer service - good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Morphy Richards representatives

Morphy Richards 48319 2nd Generation (2017)

Morphy Richards 48319 2nd Generation (2017)

3.1