Mother-ease Air Flow Snap Cover

Mother-ease Air Flow Snap Cover

See the Best Reusable Nappies in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Leak-proof

I own several types of cloth/reusable nappies and these have to be the best for containing leaks. Have used in combination with the mother-ease inner soakers and with other brands of soakers and even the good old convention nappy cloths. They're just not as cute as other nappies - the prints of frogs and sea animals and so forth could be improved upon.
Leak-proof.
Prints are not entirely cute.

A solid cover, but not very trim and will wick sometimes

The ME Air Flow has been around for a long time and is a durable, high quality cover. It was far from my favourite though.
First, I found it quite a while before it fitted baby well around the legs. The size I had were supposed to fit from 10lb but there were gaps around the legs on the smallest setting long after baby reached 10lb in weight.
They breathe quite well, but they are also one of the 'puffier' covers and so they often have to be squeezed under clothes which can create wicking / leaking issues.
I think it really comes down to preference and the shape of your child. I know some who love them, but I have a strong preference for the trimmer fit and (in my experience) more reliable protection of Bummis covers (and wool covers at night).
I'd suggest trying just one of the MEAF to start with rather than buying 4 as I did.
Durable, breathable, good quality
Large sizing, occasional leaks, bulky

Fantastic quality cover that will last.

Of all the covers I have tried these are my favourite. These covers will hold a sopping wet nappy and still not leak. I also love the fact that it has poppers, they are easy to use and don't wear out. (unlike velcro) Use the smallest size you can to avoid the puffy bum look. The Rikki covers are also excellent, but the velcro tab is quite wide and looked uncomfortable for baby. Unisex designs also mean they are easy to re-use on future children.
Leak-proof, long-lasting, cute unisex designs.

We are so happy with this product. Our 8 month old baby boy started to sleep through for 10-12 hours at night but the disposable nappies we were using kept overflowing. It got to the point where we had to change bub, clothing, sheets and mattress protector in the early hours of every morning which got pretty tedious. I could not find any product readily available in the shops that worked. We bought 2 pairs of these nappy covers and we put them over a disposable nappy of a night time. This cover has not leaked once and we haven't had to change our baby once during the night since purchasing them. I would recommend them to anyone especially if you have a baby who has leaking nappies.
It's waterproof,leak free, easy to adjust, easy to clean.
None that we know of so far.

A happy nappy

This was a very good nappy cover for us. It's easily adjustable and offers a little extra reassurance against leakage.
They're a nice size and help keep bub dry for longer. Pattern is cute.
They aren't inexpensive.

Best I've tried

Love these covers out of of the covers I've tried. Easy to custom fit. Very rarely leak. Pretty animal patterns
Reliable, fitted, cute, full sized
Expensive, hard to get in australia

Good

Gave theses to my daughter for my grandson and she thinks they are great. She is very happy with them.

I have used Modern Cloth Nappies with both my kids during the day, and am now using them both day and night with my second. This is the best nappy cover I have, its easy to put on and I like that it isn't so air tight. My favourite nappies to use it with are the Sandy's nappy during the day and the Baby Beehinds night nappy for night.
Easy to use, very size adjustable, and has never leaked. You can useit with any of your favourite nappies, it doesn't just have to go with the Mother Ease ones.
I wish the fabric came in some more modern designs.

If you are using cotton/bamboo fitted nappies, or contour nappies, these covers are the way to go. They are really easy to put on properly and you don't have to worry about leaks.
These covers fit really well around the legs, without being too tight and cutting in to babies thighs. If used correctly they are virtually leak proof and i used them at night regularly. If you are using fitted nappies and covers, I reccomend these.
I think when babies get older they would be able to undo the velcro, so after about 5 months I moved on to a pocket style nappy with snaps. This has the advantage of being a one peice set up, which is easier as baby becomes more mobile at nappy change time. There are cheaper options, but in nappy covers i think you get what you pay for - a leak proof system if worth the money.

I've been using the air flow covers with my Mother Ease one size nappies since my son was 4 weeks old. We've rarely had trouble with leaking...the only leaks we've had were due to user error (part of the nappy was left sticking out, or if we waited too long between nappy changes it would leak when he was on his side while breastfeeding). I only use one cover per day unless he has a blowout. Since I wash nappies every 2nd day I only need 4 covers in each size.
easy to use, very adjustable, contains messes well, dry quickly
nothing yet!

I tried a few different covers and this was by far the simplest and best. Having no velcro is fabulous for ease of washing. Bub also seems to be able to get a lot more movement through the pelvis with this cover than with the covers made from stretchy fabric and also the Rikki. Couldn't recommend it more highly.
Absolutely bullet-proof: contains all explosions and extreme wetness for those delayed nappy changes. Super fast drying time, and really great variable fits with the ability to adjust the size of the legs and waist independently. The plain colours are great so that you don't have designs peeping through the baby's clothes. Also, I really only use about one cover per day - unless you get something really explosive, the cover can be reused over and over. Makes for an economical choice.
Not the best for newborns. The small size cover fit well from about 6-8 weeks old. For the younger babies the Rikki was better.

Good

I have a full-time Mother Ease package and it's fantastic. I had to buy more Rikki covers though, because they fit smaller babies much more snugly than the Airflow.
Easy to wash, dries almost instantly (if you wipe the waterproof side), and lasts several nappy changes. No leaks after 4 months use. Snap buttons don't wake up baby like velcro does.
Bit too bulky on little babies. Baby looks like a rap artist! Rikki is much more snug fitting

I've got a very wriggly baby and this cover is my favourite for ease of use. Not to mention that its bullet-proof and heard wearing.
Easy to put on and very adjustable. Extremely hard wearing.
Some dont like the old fashioned patterns but I actually don't mind them.

Good

The air-flow cover is a very effective part of the complete Mother-Ease nappy system. It is easy to use, the size can be adjusted, and it is re-usable to save on washing. The only drawback is that it is a little bulky, but it does the job and covers the inner nappy very well.
No leaks, easy to use, can be used 3-4 times before needing a wash
A little bulky, especially while bubby is still small

Definitely recommend these covers! They are light weight and yet stop the leaks and they fit nicely. They come in a variety of prints/colours too.
I love these covers! They adjust nicely around the thighs and the waist to get a good fit to prevent any leaks. The snaps are great, and I prefer them to velcro as baby can undo velcro, but the snaps have proven baby proof so far. The prints are really cute too.
Can't think of much. Maybe the expense, as you do have to buy fitted covers, even if you are using the one-size nappy by motherease. But you only need about 3 covers for each size.

When bub first arrived I bought a mixture of brands but am about to buy size large and will only be buying motherease. This brand is the only one that i am confident will Never leak. A friend saw them on the clothes horse and commented that they looked new after 7 months of full time wear - so they will be good for bub number 2! I have preferred the Rikkis, but now that toddler can get them off and summer is on it's way (no clothes over nappy sometimes) I'll be loving the Airflows!
No nappy rash because PUL breathes. Toddler can't undo snaps. Easy to clean. Quality. No leaks.
More expensive than some covers - but worth every cent. Baggier fit than some. Not as adjustable as velcro - sometimes one snap would be too tight but the next position too loose. The small wasn't quite small enough for our newborn even though she was a almost 9 pound so we had to stick with the rikki's for a while.

These were my favourites I think! They fit so well! They did not leak. The snaps made them easy to use. They contained every mess that our nappies could (or sometimes could not) hold. We had no nappy rashes with these as the cover allowed the nappy to breathe and it did not get sweaty as traditional plastic "pilchers" can. Stood up to heavy washing and a lot of wear.
These are a fantastic nappy cover! Fits beautifully. No leaks. Snaps are easy to use. Cute patterns. Very breathable but somehow keeps baby dry.
The white did discolour - but this is a small price to pay.

I bought 4 of these covers as a necessity after my expensive cloth pocket nappies began leaking terribly, and my toddler could undo the nappy if it hadn't started falling off just from moving around. Even in the hot tropical climate I feel that the material breathes so am not stressing about heat issues. I am no longer covered in pee or worse when I nurse my little one, and my furniture is safe from accidents!
I love the fasteners (which my toddler is yet to undo) the amazing cloth that breathes but holds in everything (& I mean everything) and the ease of use.
there are none

Mother ease make great covers, we were given one with a gift package and have also managed to pick up a couple that I know are about 8 years old.....handed down to me from a sister....and they work just as well as my new one. I love that they breathe through the side snapping design and I've never had any leaks. Good for baby's butt because of the breathability, easy to wash, they don't seem to stain, very quick drying and they fold up very flat so are easy to travel with.
Breathes, a great fit, easily available, goes over many different nappies

A great cover for my Motherease nappies, though have been told you can use them on any other cloth nappy. They are pretty much leak-proof, I have had only a handful of leakages in the years I have used them.
They are cute!