Mother's Choice Journey

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ideal seat for the older child

After researching the various types we have finally found the correct car seat for our 6 yr old grandchild. With other lap/sash booster seats you need an additional harness to keep the child who have core strength issues upright . Easy to install and make necessary adjustments to suit the child's height. Great price and highly recommend it for an older child. Peter

Purchased in March 2019 at Mothers Direct.

Safety
Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment

Not safe

It is fairly easy to install but difficult to tighten.

On a number of occasions, I have made sure my toddler was safe, seatbelt set right, only to get out of the car and find his straps loose. Like really loose.

It has just happened again and I think it may be because my toddler reaches down and releases the lever that keeps the seatbelt tight.

Not safe. Not safe when he does it while we are driving. Not safe if, god forbid, we have an accident and we are unaware.

Very disappointed in this product and definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Great for older kids that still need a harness

I like this seat. My son is nearly 4 and needs a booster seat - trouble is, every other car seat on the market uses a lap sash seatbelt and my kid WILL NOT stay in his belt. Had some really stressful car trips until I found this seat. The inbuilt harness can last until he's heaps older, somewhere around 7 years old I think? It's also really sturdy and my boy looks comfy in there too. Would recommend to anyone with a bigger kid (it's fairly roomy and tall) or who needs a harness past the baby stage.

Great

Once you get your head around how to put this seat in which on hindsight is really easy it's a great seat. Nice and sturdy and never had any problems. The only thing we found is that my delightful daughter (2) like to get her arms out of the straps regardless of how tight you make it, solved the problem with a belt cover Houdini strap.

BAD ALL ROUND

This seat is hard to install
As grand parents its not always in the car. So have to install often.

Says from 6 months but is essentially just a booster seat. Confirmed by mothers choice customer care that it is not recommended for small children!
It is way to upright when 2 year old is sleeping so her head falls forward.

DONT BUY THIS SEAT

love it

The baby car seat is a bit to put together at the beginning, and have to go through the instruction on how to install in the cat. Just had my first baby, so everything is new experience. Overall, it is not too bad. The baby looks alright when I put her on the seat. And I just leave the seat inside the car, so do not have to install again. Like the car seat and would recommend it.

Does the job.

I purchased the mothers choice journey car seat for my youngest bub and it was easy to install and it does the job. But I find it is too bulky for my liking and takes up a lot of space in my back seat.. Which I have to fit 3 car seats in.

It's real good

It's easy install and fit my daughter since day 1,she is almost 2yo old now, and looks like we still can use for a long time, my daughter always fall asleep after 15mins drive, very comfortable for her.clean not easy, you have to pull the seat up and clean it.

Not a great product

Initially I thought it was a great product, but it seems the price for the item paid was useless, It can be still managed This is not a great product I would say. Better to choose a different product of same company, as I can see other products are good from same company.

Ok. Needs improvement

Easy to clean covers come off I find easily. Easy to install. The only major issue I have and like minority car seats is when my boy's fall asleep their head's constantly drop no matter how tight the straps are even when the soft covers are tucked up under the faces their necks just drop and the support isn't that good. I find myself and husband having to pull over to pull my son's head up to try to stop it from falling. Somewhat good car seats but the major downside it that they do not support their little heads when they fall asleep.

Bad design

Just purchased one of these for my son from Target and spent an hour trying to install it. I finally decided to return it and go for something else because it is difficult to install, and does not recline (so I don't know how they think a 6 month old will be able to sit in it comfortably).