4Maxi-Cosi Moda

Can be fiddly to use

Louise J
Louise JHobart, TAS
 Pinned

Excellent safe car seat, easy to install

We've had the Moda for 4 years and have been very happy with it.
Easy to remove the covers and pop in the washing machine from time to time, and very quick & easy to remove and reinstall back in the car as needed.
The safety features made us feel comfortable in case of an accident, and when there was a motor vehicle accident we used the Accident Exchange Service offered by Maxi-Cosi to get a free replacement. The process was simple and quick, and what a great service offering.
Our son is very tall for his age and he didn't outgrow this seat before he turned 4.
Definitely recommend this product and Maxi-Cosi.

Purchased in for $475.

• Car Model: Ford Territory SZ TX
Maxi-Cosi   DM

Hi Louise, Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely review. We are super excited to hear that you had a great Maxi Cosi experience. All the best! Mak, Maxi-Cosi Team

Gemma S
Gemma SAU4 posts
  Top Review

Great, safe and secure car seat

Having to move from a capsule to a main car seat because both my children hated the capsule they instantly stopped crying during car journeys. They look comfortable, they don’t sweat like they did in the capsule, is easily installed with clear instructions. I feel like my child is very safe and surrounded and protected in the right places.

It’s easy to remove and washes well in a standard washing machine.

My only bad thing is my 2 year old seems to be able to remove his arms no matter how tight I make the straps. Would be nice to have that extra security strap across the chest instead of having to buy one separately. Had an extended rear facing although I’m not sure how an 2.5 year old would go with their feet at the back. My son lasted till 18 months and then became uncomfortable and we had to turn him around. All in all a great seat that I love and have confidence in if we were unfortunate to have an accident. I now have two seats for both my children

Toni
ToniMelbourne
  Verified Top Review

Made for very petite baby

The seat was easy to install and adjust the height. the head rest is very soft. The head rest is very tight on my 4 month old baby’s head. The seat would suit a petite baby. My baby is average size. The seat kept my baby quite warm on long trips even with the air conditioning on.

Ash
Ash

Maxi-Cosi Moda

Great car seat. Baby loved it from day 1, slept in it well and has used it through toddlerhood. Easy to install and easy to clean as well. Also recommend Maxi-Cosi customer service, they have been great to deal with. Show details ·  1
Hanan
Hanan

Maxi cosi moda

Maxi Cosi company were amazing to deal with. Had a small malfunction to my car seat and was given a brand new one provided I was able to show proof of purchase a few years down the track!
Definitely won me over and decided to buy another maxi cosi but an upgraded model
Their customer service was excellent Show reply
Nat
Nat

Fabulous product and even better service

The seat itself is amazing. Had for 4 years and 2 kids and it is great. I contacted Maxi Cosi to get some replacement harness covers and they were so helpful. Immediately said they could ship me some and were very courteous and professional. Show details ·  1
brit
britGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Has been a great car seat

Great car seat for our little one. Easy to use. If only it had a self cleaning function then it would be perfect. Unfortunately some stitching came undone but after speaking with a customer service representative she reassured me that this doesn’t happy and has kindly replaced the cover for me. Great service. Show reply
Mel G.
Mel G.
  Fair Incentive

Fantastic seat!

- Easy to get my child in and out of.
- Quick adjust harness.
- Can happily fit my almost 3 year old rear facing with heaps of room to move.
- Love the convenience of isofix which makes for a quick install between cars.
- Easy to install both rear facing and forward facing.
- Cover comes off easy for a quick cleaning process.
- Have had this since before my son was born and it has never failed me, from him being an infant and growing to the size he is now. Show details ·  1
Kiana
KianaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Underwhelmed
UnderwhelmedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Laura M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts

Great newborn carseat

My 1st born son and now my 2nd son both seem to love sitting in this carseat. I love the anti twist straps and how easy it is to adjust the height of the straps.
I dislike how the tightening strap works, it seems to go up in "clicks" and can take a while to get the right tightness. But overall a great carseat. Show details
Charlie
CharlieSydney, NSW4 posts

Ennaihr
Ennaihr9 posts

Angel
AngelMid West, WA2 posts

Kept my baby safe

I am amazed by my Maxi Cosi capsule. We had an accident and it had to withstand a large amount of pressure. It kept my baby safe. Forever great full! Show details ·  2
Ipshita P.
Ipshita P.3 posts

Secure and safe

Secure and safe car seat with optimal padding. Have been using this since my baby was a newborn and she always seemed very cosy and comfortable in this. Unfortunately, the straps are a bit fiddly and take some practice to master. Show details

Lou G.
Lou G.

I am thinking about buying this car seat online for my 12 week old baby but I am concerned about the reviews.
Can the maxi cosi moda be returned if there os a fitting problem with it?

Cheers

Monique W.

Hi we purchased this carseat in 2017 for our first daughter and I used it for her from newborn until about 1.5years when i changed to a Diono rear facing as i was finding it too difficult to lift her over the anchor straps to put her in and out. I have bought it out again to use for our 1 year old who recently swapped from the capsual to the carseat. I put up with it with our 1st as we had spent so much money on it but it fits terribly in our car (Toyota Prado 2011) even when i try to tighten it like crazy it still wobbles about and the strap is so hard to tighten/near impossible its like it just doesn't work properly or nothing like tightening our diono which tightened easily and i know the kids are secure once i have tightened it. We actually bought two of these car seats in 2017 preparing for the birth of our first daughter one for us and one for the grandparents thinking they were the best available but it fits terribly in their car as well ( Ford Falcon) and it is very difficult to tighten the strap on the one they have as well. Are we doing something wrong? Is there are way to make it sit more securely in our cars so the carseat doesn't move about or does it just not fit well in these particular cars? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Monique W.

Thanks for that info I will try those tips :)

Aresha S.
Aresha S.

is this car seat: MAXI COSI Moda ISOFIX Convertible Car Seat Suitable Approx. 0-4 Years compatible with bugaboo stroller chameleon 3 plus ?

Features:

• The Maxi-Cosi Moda is a convertible baby car seat for use between birth to 4 years of age
  • Has ISOFIX compatible for easy installation
  • Very safe and secure with GCELL- Crash Absorbing Technology, Air Protect Superior Side Impact Protection and head support
  • Comfortable with 3 reclining options and soft newborn insert and 'cool baby' wicking fabric to keep your baby cool
  • Adjustable 5-point safety harness, perfect for a growing child
  • Removable and washable covers

Reviewers like:

• The convenience of the ISOFIX easy installation
  • The safety of the product
  • That cleaning and maintenance is easier than other products

Reviewers don't like:

• Some noted that their toddlers found it uncomfortable, overheated and that the straps were misfitting
  • The product is large and not suitable for small vehicles
CategoryConvertible Car Seats