Maxi-Cosi Moda

Maxi-Cosi Moda

Listing monitored by Maxi-Cosi

Pros

ISOFIX compatibility
Convertible - rear & forward facing
Safe and sturdy build
Easy to clean

Cons

Can be uncomfortable
Large

Great, safe and secure car seat

Toni
ToniMelbourne
  • Top Review

Made for very petite baby

The seat was easy to install and adjust the height. the head rest is very soft. The head rest is very tight on my 4 month old baby’s head. The seat would suit a petite baby. My baby is average size. The seat kept my baby quite warm on long trips even with the air conditioning on.

Louise J
Louise JHobart, TAS

Excellent safe car seat, easy to install

We've had the Moda for 4 years and have been very happy with it.
Easy to remove the covers and pop in the washing machine from time to time, and very quick & easy to remove and reinstall back in the car as needed.
The safety features made us feel comfortable in case of an accident, and when there was a motor vehicle accident we used the Accident Exchange Service offered by Maxi-Cosi to get a free replacement. The process was simple and quick, and what a great service offering.
Our son is very tall for his age and he didn't outgrow this seat before he turned 4.
Definitely recommend this product and Maxi-Cosi.

Purchased in October 2017 for $475.

Hi Louise,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely review. We are super excited to hear that you had a great Maxi Cosi experience. All the best! Mak, Maxi-Cosi Team

brit
britGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Has been a great car seat

Great car seat for our little one. Easy to use. If only it had a self cleaning function then it would be perfect. Unfortunately some stitching came undone but after speaking with a customer service representative she reassured me that this doesn’t happy and has kindly replaced the cover for me. Great service.

Consumer C.Maxi-CosiSend a private message

Hi Brit, thank you for your feedback and we are currently working on a self clean option (just jokes) It would be amazing though. You new trim will give you a new seat look and feel. Have an amazing day!! Fee

Fantastic seat!

- Easy to get my child in and out of.
- Quick adjust harness.
- Can happily fit my almost 3 year old rear facing with heaps of room to move.
- Love the convenience of isofix which makes for a quick install between cars.
- Easy to install both rear facing and forward facing.
- Cover comes off easy for a quick cleaning process.
- Have had this since before my son was born and it has never failed me, from him being an infant and growing to the size he is now.

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Mode Physical store.

Consumer C.Maxi-CosiSend a private message

Hi Mel, Thank you for your amazing feedback of our amazing Moda car seat. Have a wonderful day! From the customer care team. Thanks Fee

Kiana
KianaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't buy this car seat! it heats up so quickly

Purchased in August 2021.

Underwhelmed
UnderwhelmedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Truly regret buying this.

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Train Physical store.

Laura M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great newborn carseat

My 1st born son and now my 2nd son both seem to love sitting in this carseat. I love the anti twist straps and how easy it is to adjust the height of the straps.
I dislike how the tightening strap works, it seems to go up in "clicks" and can take a while to get the right tightness. But overall a great carseat.

Purchased in August 2017 at Baby Train Physical store for $470.

Charlie
CharlieSydney, NSW

A little disappointed

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Kingdom for $450.

Ennaihr
Ennaihr

Mixed feelings

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Train Physical store.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
AngelMid West, WA

Kept my baby safe

I am amazed by my Maxi Cosi capsule. We had an accident and it had to withstand a large amount of pressure. It kept my baby safe. Forever great full!

Purchased in January 2017.

Kura A.Maxi-CosiSend a private message

Hi Angel, we are so glad to hear that your baby is safe. We have an accident exchange process so if you need to swap over your seat, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Angel

Already did. Thank you, this was a beautiful sentiment as well. Truly great full

Ipshita P.
Ipshita P.

Secure and safe.

Secure and safe car seat with optimal padding. Have been using this since my baby was a newborn and she always seemed very cosy and comfortable in this. Unfortunately, the straps are a bit fiddly and take some practice to master.

Purchased in June 2018.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Safe and comfy baby seat

We bought this seat for our new born. Was easy to use, comfy and very safe. We turned it from rear facing to front as well for multiple safe use.

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $525.

Grace
GraceSydney, NSW

Average seat

When babe was rearward facing the seat was very good, comfortable, sturdy. When baby was ready to face front ways the seat wasn't as practical. As he grew, the seat was less comfortable for him and less roomy as he was a chubba bubba. The seat belt is a pain to strap on, having to twist it to get into the lock. The good thing is it is easy to remove and reinstall though it is hard to put baby in and out of the seat. Baby is 1years old now and we have had to buy a new seat as it hasnt served its purpose.

Purchased in February 2018 for $650.

New dad
New dadBrisbane

Baby cooker!

Meg
MegPenrith

Great seat

I bought this car seat for my little hatchback as a second seat. Turns out this this is the only car seat that my son likes sit in. My son is a big boy and so it felt a little bit tight when we first got it but once I realise that you could remove the newborn padding he fits much better.

Gemma S
Gemma SAU

Great, safe and secure car seat

Lou G.
Lou G.asked

I am thinking about buying this car seat online for my 12 week old baby but I am concerned about the reviews.
Can the maxi cosi moda be returned if there os a fitting problem with it?

Cheers

Monique W.asked

Hi we purchased this carseat in 2017 for our first daughter and I used it for her from newborn until about 1.5years when i changed to a Diono rear facing as i was finding it too difficult to lift her over the anchor straps to put her in and out. I have bought it out again to use for our 1 year old who recently swapped from the capsual to the carseat. I put up with it with our 1st as we had spent so much money on it but it fits terribly in our car (Toyota Prado 2011) even when i try to tighten it like crazy it still wobbles about and the strap is so hard to tighten/near impossible its like it just doesn't work properly or nothing like tightening our diono which tightened easily and i know the kids are secure once i have tightened it. We actually bought two of these car seats in 2017 preparing for the birth of our first daughter one for us and one for the grandparents thinking they were the best available but it fits terribly in their car as well ( Ford Falcon) and it is very difficult to tighten the strap on the one they have as well. Are we doing something wrong? Is there are way to make it sit more securely in our cars so the carseat doesn't move about or does it just not fit well in these particular cars? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Monique W.

Thanks for that info I will try those tips :)

Aresha S.
Aresha S.asked

is this car seat: MAXI COSI Moda ISOFIX Convertible Car Seat Suitable Approx. 0-4 Years compatible with bugaboo stroller chameleon 3 plus ?

Customer S.Maxi-CosiSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Features:

• The Maxi-Cosi Moda is a convertible baby car seat for use between birth to 4 years of age
  • Has ISOFIX compatible for easy installation
  • Very safe and secure with GCELL- Crash Absorbing Technology, Air Protect Superior Side Impact Protection and head support
  • Comfortable with 3 reclining options and soft newborn insert and 'cool baby' wicking fabric to keep your baby cool
  • Adjustable 5-point safety harness, perfect for a growing child
  • Removable and washable covers

Reviewers like:

• The convenience of the ISOFIX easy installation
  • The safety of the product
  • That cleaning and maintenance is easier than other products

Reviewers don't like:

• Some noted that their toddlers found it uncomfortable, overheated and that the straps were misfitting
  • The product is large and not suitable for small vehicles
CategoryBaby Car Seats