Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Britax Safe-n-Sound

4.4
  • Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
Hedonna
Hedonna

My 10 year old has only just grown out of it!

Safety for my children is my number 1 priority. After learning that the manufacturers of seatbelts state that you must be a minimum of 145cm in height to safely use a seatbelt (to adequately clear the neck and avoid submarining) I started actively searching for a booster with harness that would suit children up to 145cm tall. This seat, whilst one of the more expensive options, proved to be the most comfortable and easiest to adjust. The children especially love the head protection, which serves as a head rest on long trips, and the seat is extremely comfortable. The ease of adjusting the height of the headrest and straps for different height children is also a major design breakthrough. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased for $490.00.

Merissa
MerissaSouth Australia

My 5 year old love it

We upgraded my son seat because he is quite tall for his age I wanted something safe for him as I drive country roads a lot. He was so excited to get it in. Now I need one for my daughter they fight over it lol

Purchased in August 2020 at Baby Bunting for $365.00.

Adele K.
Adele K.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely love ours

We purchased 1 then had to go back to get another cause it’s so fabulous! So comfortable for our kids and we have 2 in the back of our Santa Fe and will eventually upgrade the 3rd britax Seat to this model when its time.

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Annon123
Annon123Sydney, NSW

Best compact booster seat

We needed to purchase 2 of these to fit 3 seats across our Captiva. These are amazing. Structurally Safe but still comfy for the kids. Will definitely buy a third when it’s time.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Evie
EvieSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO CHEST STRAP OPTION

Purchased in February 2020.

Shannen1993
Shannen1993Perth, WA

LOVE LOVE LOVE

recently upgraded both my kids seats. The ease of installation and use has been game changing. Fabric is so soft and comfortable. Best money spent. Almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old love.

Purchased in June 2020 at Baby Bunting for $369.00.

Monique
MoniqueSydney Surrounds, NSW

This seat is amazing

we bought this seat for extended harness till 8 years old. So much better then the infasecure car seat we had. I dont have to fiddle with the harness for my sons height you just pull the clip on the headrest which is amazing. All car seats should have this feature and the price was amazing.

Purchased in May 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $369.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Dee
DeePerth, WA

Extra trimmings without the price

We chose this seat mostly because it has extended safety harness to 8 years. We now love so many other features- the Hugh quality covering and passing, the removal seat liner, the atm rests ... and overall comfort. It is a great product and is our fourth and favourite car seat.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $349.00.

Ang
AngCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Amazing for my reflux baby

My son loves this seat he's 6 months, he spews alot And suffers bad reflux!
It's roomy doesn't squish him up like other seats meaning less pressure on his belly.
It's super comfy and so easy to remove and put in other cars, and I love all the extra safety it has with it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Jessica
JessicaPeel, WA

Great car seat

This is our second Britax seat. Great quality. Love how easy it is to adjust. Easy to install too (the other one is Isofix so I was worried this would be hard for me to do).

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $349.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in further, please call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

MariaB
MariaBSydney, NSW

Safe and comfy

The car seat is very comfy. Baby is very protected and fabric is soft. It is not a bulky seat so it fits in a medium car. Not overpriced and it works as it should. I'm happy with it and would recommend if you want it as a second car seat as the head protection is not as sophisticated as other car seats.

AmandaRamsgate Sydney

The black button is to easy for child use

This needs to be recalled!! I want my money back!!!! Waste of $430 bought this for my 3 year old and with in 2 weeks she figured out how to press the black button to loosen her straps and get out. I was driving on the high way and she lent all the way over my shoulder I nearly died as I wasn't expecting that! I pulled over and asked her how did she get out and she showed me! The black button is in the child's reach she kept playing with it I had to take it out and put her old insecure neon car seat it where the "leaver" is under neath AWAY from her reach. You say that safety is your first priority well maybe take a look further into it.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Amanda, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please give our consumer care team a call on 1300 303 330 as we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Dangerous

This is my 5th Safe n Sound seat and after one month of use I am unable to use it. The strap release leaver can be reached by my son, he lifted it, released the straps and climbed out whilst I was driving down the freeway. I’ve gone back to using my older Maxi Rider as the strap release is further away and is a push button, we’ve never had an issue with that seat. A Britax representitive advised me to discipline my son better.

KirstyMatt
KirstyMattPerth, WA

Fantastic Seat

I purchased two of these seats in January 2018. The seat is so easy to install, and once in it is easy to adjust and take the seat cover off for easy washing. My daughter loves the seat and is very comfortable sitting in it too. I love the fact that it is a 5 point harness until she outgrows it at around age 8, as the idea of a lap sash is not so appealing for me. Will be definitely purchasing another 2 when my son grows out of his carseat.

So easy to install and change height for each child

I love our britax MaxiGuard. I have 3 children who love to swap chairs daily. The Maxi Guard makes it possible to do this with the inbuilt height adjuster. No longer do I need to take the car seat out to adjust the height. Super Easy to clean and my kids fight for this seat (others are another brand currently - upgrading for my sanity ASAP).

Review collected in partnership with Britax Safe-n-Sound

Amandaasked

Anyone with a maxi guard. Are you happy with the material or wish you went with the pro?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Amanda, I can see that you're asking the public this question and not Britax direct. The main difference between the fabric on the two seats, is the Maxi Guard is a polyester blend whereas the Maxi Guard Pro is a Bamboo thermo 5 fabric. If you would like further information regarding these fabrics, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com

Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Amanda

Thank you for your response. Yes I have read the difference. I currently have the maxi guard 0-4 years with the thermo fabric. But am now chasing up to 8 years and was just asking public if they missed the thermo or the fabric of the maxi guard is fine. Unfortunately no where close sells for me to look.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Amanda, the Maxi Guard is a harnessed forward facing car seat tested from 6 months-8 years approx, not a 0-4 year convertible car seat. The Maxi Guard does not have the thermo 5 fabric, only the Maxi Guard Pro does.
Please feel free to email au-support@britax.com if you would like us to try and help you locate a retailer close by.
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Sarah
Sarahasked

Hi, my small son is 10 and still in the maxi guard . He has low tone and falls asleep when we drive so ends up bent over in just a lap sash so love the 5 point harness. I recently washed the cover and the dog chewed it ! We probably have a years more use in it so will contact you about replacement covers. My main question when looking for 2nd hand covers both SICT and AHR are mentioned. Are they both features of the maxi guard? (Ours is probably 2012 - 2015). Or would they be different versions? Thank you

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sarah, thanks for your question. Pleas email au-support@britax.com and provide us with the manufacturing details from the back of your seat so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Beep beep
Beep beepasked

Hi, how wide is this seat please? Is it the same as the pro? Also what is the difference between this and the pro? Thanks

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Beep beep, thanks for your question. All the specifications for the product are located on the website under each product. If you wish to receive a product comparison for these two products, please email au-support@britax.com so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard questions