Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard

Amazing for my reflux baby

My son loves this seat he's 6 months, he spews alot And suffers bad reflux!
It's roomy doesn't squish him up like other seats meaning less pressure on his belly.
It's super comfy and so easy to remove and put in other cars, and I love all the extra safety it has with it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Safety
Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelHonda CR-V

Great car seat

This is our second Britax seat. Great quality. Love how easy it is to adjust. Easy to install too (the other one is Isofix so I was worried this would be hard for me to do).

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $349.00.

Safety
Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelHyundai i20
Hi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in further, please call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe and comfy

The car seat is very comfy. Baby is very protected and fabric is soft. It is not a bulky seat so it fits in a medium car. Not overpriced and it works as it should. I'm happy with it and would recommend if you want it as a second car seat as the head protection is not as sophisticated as other car seats.

Hi MariaB, Thank you for your great review and valuable feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro harnessed car seat. The Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro has SICT (side impact cushion technology) in the head section as well as the torso section. If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 303 330. kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

The black button is to easy for child use

This needs to be recalled!! I want my money back!!!! Waste of $430 bought this for my 3 year old and with in 2 weeks she figured out how to press the black button to loosen her straps and get out. I was driving on the high way and she lent all the way over my shoulder I nearly died as I wasn't expecting that! I pulled over and asked her how did she get out and she showed me! The black button is in the child's reach she kept playing with it I had to take it out and put her old insecure neon car seat it where the "leaver" is under neath AWAY from her reach. You say that safety is your first priority well maybe take a look further into it.

Hi Amanda, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please give our consumer care team a call on 1300 303 330 as we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Dangerous

This is my 5th Safe n Sound seat and after one month of use I am unable to use it. The strap release leaver can be reached by my son, he lifted it, released the straps and climbed out whilst I was driving down the freeway. I’ve gone back to using my older Maxi Rider as the strap release is further away and is a push button, we’ve never had an issue with that seat. A Britax representitive advised me to discipline my son better.

Fantastic Seat

I purchased two of these seats in January 2018. The seat is so easy to install, and once in it is easy to adjust and take the seat cover off for easy washing. My daughter loves the seat and is very comfortable sitting in it too. I love the fact that it is a 5 point harness until she outgrows it at around age 8, as the idea of a lap sash is not so appealing for me. Will be definitely purchasing another 2 when my son grows out of his carseat.

So easy to install and change height for each child

I love our britax MaxiGuard. I have 3 children who love to swap chairs daily. The Maxi Guard makes it possible to do this with the inbuilt height adjuster. No longer do I need to take the car seat out to adjust the height. Super Easy to clean and my kids fight for this seat (others are another brand currently - upgrading for my sanity ASAP).

Great comfortable seat for growing kid

I bought this seat in May last year. It is very easy to install and perfect for my one year old kid.Also It is quite stylish, comfortable. The fabric is also great. I think it is safe for the kid when travelling in the car. Very happy for my purchase. I recommend it to all.

Hi Jay, thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review. We're glad to hear you found our car seat easy to install and comfortable. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Greats for growing families

Easy to intall. It’s perfect for my growing family. I love that it has the 5 point harness to keep little ones safe for longer. Impact protecting is worth the extra you pay for this car seat.
Easy to clean just put in the washing machine and comes out like new.

Good seat, easy to install

We bought this for our 3.5 years old recently. Easy to install, comfy to sit in. When child falls asleep his head can rest on the side, won't lean forward which is perfect. Shoulder protector strap won't attach to the back rest like our previous car seat does, meaning the shoulder pads does drop to chest from time to time which defeats the purpose of being there. I might sow it on to the backrest to keep it at neck high. Overall, happy.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave the above review! We're glad to hear you found our seat easy to install and comfy for bub to sit in. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please do not hesitate to give our customer service team a call on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Great comfortable seat.

We purchased this for our 2.5 yr old as an upgrade when we had our daughter and he loves it! It is quite stylish, comfortable and practical. The fabric is also great in the heat! the straps are supposed to tuck out if the way but they often end up back where they were.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us the above review. We're glad to hear you find our car seat comfortable and practical! If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

My boy loves this

My boy has changed to this car seat, he loves it and settles well every single ride. The seat is so comfortable, the head rest and harness can be easily adjusted. I install the car seat without any issues by following the instruction. Both my hubby and I are happy with this purchase.

Average

Highly recommend this baby car seat. Bought one for my little one few years back and never regret it. very easy to install and maintenance is cheap and easy. Little one found it very comfortable whilst sitting on it even on long distance trip. SO I would highly recommend it to everyone. Even go for the pro version if you want to spend an extra $50.

Hi Ming, Thanks for your review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Comfy to sit on

My 4 year old boy tried a booster and this car seat. He loves the Maxi Guard a lot more because he thinks it is more comfortable. The car seat is a bigger version of 0-4 y.o car seat, so the installation is very straightforward. I think it provides better protection than a booster seat.

The price is higher than booster.

Hi ROZO, Thanks for your great review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Love it.!

Purchase this seat a year ago for our first born. I brought the one with the more breathable mesh fabric in the blue style and I love it.
So easy to install even in my car where we had to get an extension for the strap to hook in properly. As soon as my daughter is in the car seat she falls fast asleep. it is very comfortable and she doesn't get sweaty.
Would encourage others to buy this brand as we have been super happy with our purchase.

Hi Scarlett, Thanks for your terrific review and, we are glad to hear how much you love our car seat. Thank you also for recommending our brand to others. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Love Britax

We purchased the Maxi Guard for our son who has autism, I love the fact that even though he's old enough to be in a regular seat, I can keep him safer for longer with this seat! Being small for his age means he will fit this seat for a long time & can adjust it as he grows :) He never complains of being uncomfortable in it and I found it easy to install. Thanks for making seats for older kids Britax!

Hi LucyQLD, Thank you for your kind words and for your fantastic review :) If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Why not travel in effortless comfort?

After having an accident I upgraded my beloved Safe n Sound Maxi Rider to a Maxi Guard. I knew that the maxi rider was easy to install and use but have been blown away with how much easier again the maxi guard is. The seatbelt path is clearly marked and easily accessible through movable flaps and the tether has a secure but easy to adjust tensioner.

My daughter was only just 3 years old when I bought this seat and as a small child was only just over the minimum height markers. She has grown rapidly in the past 2 years and it has been simple to adjust it to her height. It is comforting knowing that I am not just restricted to three different strap heights like many of the older style seats, rather a sliding scale of heights so I can find the safest level for the most comfortable fit. It has a brilliant recline which means that my daughter can comfortably fall asleep on longer trips without slumping forward or ending up uncomfortably contorted. It also takes up a smaller footprint on my back seat which is important as my other two children are teenagers and they require a fair amount of room to be comfortable.

Of course, there are always the odd spill or, God forbid, vomit or wee incidents in the car. I have found this seat extremely easy to pull apart and clean. The covers come up beautiful after a gentle wash in the washing machine and line dry very quickly. The straps, even thought they are a light grey which concerned me at first, have come up nice and clean every time with a simple wipe over with a damp cloth. After 2 years, they still come up looking really new. The shell is easily wiped down and although, like most seats, they catch a lot of crumbs - they are easily brushed out.

I often have other children in my car - this seat is ideal. Easy adjust and simple to get in and out - it's the best seat I have had in the course of 16 years! My eldest daughter sat in it when we first bought it. If it weren't for the fact that she was 14yo and her shoulders were too wide, she only just met the 'stop use' line ... she said it was very comfortable and she wishes she could have a seat that she could sleep comfortably in.

Hi MummaKy, Thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We are delighted to hear how easy you find our car seat to install, use and clean. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Great seat for 3+ year olds

This is a very comfortable and easy-to-use seat. Great recline. Forward-facing only so I wouldn't put a 6-month-old in it (most 6-month olds wouldn't meet the entry markers for it anyway). It uses the safer option of an inbuilt 5-point harness all the way to the exit line of 51cm (average 8yo). The easy-adjust headrest is fantastic for allowing different kids to use the seat. Not having arm-rests can be handy for kids with wider hips, or simply for ease of getting in and out of the seat.

Hi AnnieG, Thank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear how comfortable and easy to use our seat is. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Excellent...

Easy to install.
Great to be able to adjust the seat itself and the harness from the front with the child either in or out of it.
Ours came with an audio set up that plays through the head rest...amazing. I set it up with my old iPhone and play children's audio stories and songs.
It is easy to clean and look after.
All in all brilliant.

Hi Frayah, Thanks for your terrific review! We are glad to hear that you found our car seat easy to install. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Great for older kids

Simple to install and fantastic being able to adjust harness height from front.

Seat cover tricky as usual to remove for washing, but not too bad, managed to do it without taking seat out of car.

Daughter is comfortable and head is supported at the sides if she falls asleep.

Great being in the 5 point harness until 8 years.

Hi Jen, Thank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear how easy our car seat is to install. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team :)