Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard

• Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
Hedonna

Hedonna

My 10 year old has only just grown out of it!

Safety for my children is my number 1 priority. After learning that the manufacturers of seatbelts state that you must be a minimum of 145cm in height to safely use a seatbelt (to adequately clear the neck and avoid submarining) I started actively searching for a booster with harness that would suit children up to 145cm tall. This seat, whilst one of the more expensive options, proved to be the most comfortable and easiest to adjust. The children especially love the head protection, which serves as a head rest on long trips, and the seat is extremely comfortable. The ease of adjusting the height of the headrest and straps for different height children is also a major design breakthrough. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased for A$490.00.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Merissa

MerissaSouth Australia

My 5 year old love it

We upgraded my son seat because he is quite tall for his age I wanted something safe for him as I drive country roads a lot. He was so excited to get it in. Now I need one for my daughter they fight over it lol

Purchased in August 2020 at Baby Bunting for A$365.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelHolden Commodore VF (Wagon)

Adele K.

Adele K.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely love ours

We purchased 1 then had to go back to get another cause it’s so fabulous! So comfortable for our kids and we have 2 in the back of our Santa Fe and will eventually upgrade the 3rd britax Seat to this model when its time.

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe

Annon123

Annon123Sydney, NSW

Best compact booster seat

We needed to purchase 2 of these to fit 3 seats across our Captiva. These are amazing. Structurally Safe but still comfy for the kids. Will definitely buy a third when it’s time.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Car ModelHolden Captiva
Evie

EvieSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO CHEST STRAP OPTION

Purchased in February 2020.

Shannen1993

Shannen1993Perth, WA

LOVE LOVE LOVE

recently upgraded both my kids seats. The ease of installation and use has been game changing. Fabric is so soft and comfortable. Best money spent. Almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old love.

Purchased in June 2020 at Baby Bunting for A$369.00.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH
Monique

MoniqueSydney Surrounds, NSW

This seat is amazing

we bought this seat for extended harness till 8 years old. So much better then the infasecure car seat we had. I dont have to fiddle with the harness for my sons height you just pull the clip on the headrest which is amazing. All car seats should have this feature and the price was amazing.

Purchased in May 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$369.00.

Car ModelMazda Tribute
Dee

DeePerth, WA

Extra trimmings without the price

We chose this seat mostly because it has extended safety harness to 8 years. We now love so many other features- the Hugh quality covering and passing, the removal seat liner, the atm rests ... and overall comfort. It is a great product and is our fourth and favourite car seat.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$349.00.

Car ModelHyundai ix35
Ang

AngCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Amazing for my reflux baby

My son loves this seat he's 6 months, he spews alot And suffers bad reflux!
It's roomy doesn't squish him up like other seats meaning less pressure on his belly.
It's super comfy and so easy to remove and put in other cars, and I love all the extra safety it has with it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$499.00.

Car ModelHonda CR-V

Jessica

JessicaPeel, WA

Great car seat

This is our second Britax seat. Great quality. Love how easy it is to adjust. Easy to install too (the other one is Isofix so I was worried this would be hard for me to do).

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for A$349.00.

Car ModelHyundai i20
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in further, please call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

MariaB

MariaBSydney, NSW

Safe and comfy

The car seat is very comfy. Baby is very protected and fabric is soft. It is not a bulky seat so it fits in a medium car. Not overpriced and it works as it should. I'm happy with it and would recommend if you want it as a second car seat as the head protection is not as sophisticated as other car seats.

Amanda

AmandaRamsgate Sydney

The black button is to easy for child use

This needs to be recalled!! I want my money back!!!! Waste of $430 bought this for my 3 year old and with in 2 weeks she figured out how to press the black button to loosen her straps and get out. I was driving on the high way and she lent all the way over my shoulder I nearly died as I wasn't expecting that! I pulled over and asked her how did she get out and she showed me! The black button is in the child's reach she kept playing with it I had to take it out and put her old insecure neon car seat it where the "leaver" is under neath AWAY from her reach. You say that safety is your first priority well maybe take a look further into it.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Amanda, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please give our consumer care team a call on 1300 303 330 as we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Dangerous

This is my 5th Safe n Sound seat and after one month of use I am unable to use it. The strap release leaver can be reached by my son, he lifted it, released the straps and climbed out whilst I was driving down the freeway. I’ve gone back to using my older Maxi Rider as the strap release is further away and is a push button, we’ve never had an issue with that seat. A Britax representitive advised me to discipline my son better.

KirstyMatt

KirstyMattPerth, WA

Fantastic Seat

I purchased two of these seats in January 2018. The seat is so easy to install, and once in it is easy to adjust and take the seat cover off for easy washing. My daughter loves the seat and is very comfortable sitting in it too. I love the fact that it is a 5 point harness until she outgrows it at around age 8, as the idea of a lap sash is not so appealing for me. Will be definitely purchasing another 2 when my son grows out of his carseat.

So easy to install and change height for each child

I love our britax MaxiGuard. I have 3 children who love to swap chairs daily. The Maxi Guard makes it possible to do this with the inbuilt height adjuster. No longer do I need to take the car seat out to adjust the height. Super Easy to clean and my kids fight for this seat (others are another brand currently - upgrading for my sanity ASAP).

Review collected in partnership with Britax Safe-n-Sound

Jay

JayMelbourne

Great comfortable seat for growing kid

I bought this seat in May last year. It is very easy to install and perfect for my one year old kid.Also It is quite stylish, comfortable. The fabric is also great. I think it is safe for the kid when travelling in the car. Very happy for my purchase. I recommend it to all.

4 little cherubs

4 little cherubsvictoria, 3825

Greats for growing families

Easy to intall. It’s perfect for my growing family. I love that it has the 5 point harness to keep little ones safe for longer. Impact protecting is worth the extra you pay for this car seat.
Easy to clean just put in the washing machine and comes out like new.

AY

AY

Good seat, easy to install

We bought this for our 3.5 years old recently. Easy to install, comfy to sit in. When child falls asleep his head can rest on the side, won't lean forward which is perfect. Shoulder protector strap won't attach to the back rest like our previous car seat does, meaning the shoulder pads does drop to chest from time to time which defeats the purpose of being there. I might sow it on to the backrest to keep it at neck high. Overall, happy.

KJ23

KJ23Melbourne

Great comfortable seat.

We purchased this for our 2.5 yr old as an upgrade when we had our daughter and he loves it! It is quite stylish, comfortable and practical. The fabric is also great in the heat! the straps are supposed to tuck out if the way but they often end up back where they were.

Zoe

ZoeMelbourne

My boy loves this

My boy has changed to this car seat, he loves it and settles well every single ride. The seat is so comfortable, the head rest and harness can be easily adjusted. I install the car seat without any issues by following the instruction. Both my hubby and I are happy with this purchase.