Motorola MBP36

Motorola MBP36

See the Best Baby Monitors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bridgette

BridgetteProserpine

Best monitor for rural areas

The image quality is great! I live in a rural area and the range reaches easily over 100m from inside the house. Audio is quite sensitive - it picks up the fan when its on. The different levels of volume that you can select is great.
The hand held screen is easy to use.
It was very easy to set up.
Only had it 1 week but it hasn't missed a beat so far.

Shellie

ShellieBrisbane

Finally found something that works!

The most important thing to me is range. I had a monitor that would lose range from the next room, mostly due to wifi. This monitor, however, has never had any issues and even had full range when I take the parent unit out to the granny flat.
The image quality is good, not exceptionally clear but still very good.
The sound quality is also great, I can even hear k baby breathing sometimes.
The only additional thing which would benefit this monitor is a voice activated feature where the screen turns back on when there’s noise in the baby’s room. But not a huge issue to me, just a suggestion.
The monitor was very easy to set up and it’s also easy to use.
Very happy with my purchase!

Dee

DeeGold coast

Its OK

Not as good picture as they show it to be on the box. Its better using this monitor at night as the night vision part is much better. I can hardly see my baby in the day time but I can still hear him. The rechargeable part of the handheld receiver does not charge so it has to stay plugged in to work.

Koffer Koper

Koffer Koper

Clear screen, good reception, good battery life, convenient Micro-USB charging

MumOf2Girlz

MumOf2Girlz

Great range. Clear picture & sound

This monitor was very easy to set up and we've been very happy with the range and video/sound quality. I'm a keen gardener with a very big garden. The baby's room is at the front of the house and even in the backyard the reception on the monitor is crystal clear.

Jo L

Jo LMelbourne

Perfect for twins!

The image quality isn't great but is good enough to see if either of the kids is awake. The audio gets a bit crackly if turned up too loud. The zoom and 180 degree movement of the camera is handy when you have more than one area to focus on (with twins, for example). Great battery life. Have recommended it to other parents of multiples.

Wish we'd bought this one first

This monitor gives the best range.

We tried the Angelcare and the Oricom and neither could pick up signal from our nursery to our bedroom. They kept cutting out and alarming intermittently.

The picture quality is the best of the three also in my opinion.

We have twins so the picture in picture is great. Beats the other brands that cycle camera to camera.

My only negatives are that the controls are not that intuitive and take a bit of getting used to, and the battery life is not the greatest but I'm happy to have to push a few extra buttons for the overall performance and quality of this baby monitor.

Smurfette

SmurfetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

It was good while it worked

worked for 6 months, now sound is all stuffed up and I am unable to hear any action as all it's coming out of the speakers is a distorted random sound when the room is totally quiet.. hasn't even been 8 months since i've purchased it for our son. Now i have to leave all the doors open to hear if he cries, which really defeats the purpose of having a cam next to me to hear if he cries.
Another con is it has to be plugged in all the time otherwise battery dies within an hour or so.
I have a feeling it will be a nightmare to fix this product through motorola now.. disappointed..

FiTSydney, NSW

A bit pricey

In the day time when the blinds are drawn (and blockout curtains) the monitor flashes as it can't seem to work out whether or not to function on day or night mode. The vision is fantastic on day mode - although we close the blinds when our baby naps so we don't get much use from this mode.

The lowest sound level is really not that low - for overnight it would be good if this was much lower or only picked up sounds of a certain volume.

Very expensive

Ani

AniSydney

Hit and miss

I had the previous model for 1 1/2 years without a problem. I replaced it with the new model 6 months ago after I accidentally broke it. The new model was more expensive for the same features and what seems like a flimsier product. The video and audio are fine but I have had problems with the camera not moving and the tempturature not registering and now the charging connection to the monitor is not working. Considering the price tag, I would have expected more.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Great wireless range, clear pictures but don't put it next to your laptop / pc or it will kill your

Truly awful product. WARNING! Do Not Purchase This Item

I want to warn people not to buy this product. We cannot move 3 meters to the room next door without it losing signal. We have tried this is several different houses, all with the same result. Further more, avoid motorolla. They do not care that they are charging $300 for a product that is faulty. Look at the other reviews, people have various issues but the one common is that motorolla are awful and are happy stealing money from the public and getting away with it.

ErinSydney

Awful - would not recommend!!!!

From Day 1, connection has been terrible - nearly non-existent. I can't even make it out of my son's bedroom without losing connection with the camera which makes it completely useless. Have spent hours on the phone with Motorola troubleshooting and they have been very unhelpful and have never been able to determine the issue. I have completely turned off wireless and cordless phones and it does not help at all. I have tossed $300 in the bin and have had to buy another -- certainly not a Motorola!

Varun

VarunSydney

Poor Quality Build

After reading several positive reviews we purchase this unit with high expectations, 7 months later the power socket has become loose and now does not charge. It seems to be a common problem with Motorola Baby monitors that have faulty power connectors on the parent unit, the micro USB connection does not seem to be held in correctly. Would NOT recommend.

Very dissapointed

Since i bought it one year ago, its been in and out reparing for almost 5 times. The store told me that the signal already been fixed, but still cannot be used. It has the same problem over And over. My baby's room is next to my room, but the signal indicator always on. Im really dissapointed using this product.

Suzannah

SuzannahGeelong

Great Long Range Monitor

Great long range monitor!!! Had been searching everywhere and finally invested in this, never looked back. Clear picture, night vision and sounds quality. You can also mute it and still see the video plus it plays melodies and you can talk to baby from base until. Really pleased with this purchase!

Couldn't be happier!

This monitor is worth its weight in gold. I'm so glad we paid the extra money for a top quality video monitor. It has a very clear image in daytime (night vision is obviously not as clear). Love the temperature gage and constant feed of sound (as opposed to the sound cutting in and out) which provides the reassurance you need with a newborn baby. I only like one of the songs so that's a feature we could live without. All in all, great purchase and we couldn't be happier!

Leah

LeahPerth

Excellent monitor

Kl

KlAdelaide

Night vision is bad

The night vision on this is terrible,
I think there is something wrong with my camera as the led around the camera don't do anything.
Sent pictures of it as well
As my anglecare which is a lot clearer at night to cnp brands and they said that there is nothing wrong and the clarity is suppose to be that bad.

JB

JBSydney

Not happy at all

this product works extremely well at close proximity but the moment you enter another room or move more than 25 metres from the camera you lose signal. The info on the package promised 300metres.