5Snuza Hero

Caroline
Caroline
  Verified Top Review

Provides peace of mind

This is an excellent product and I wouldn't be without it. My bub is now 6 months old and so I initially thought that I would probably stop using the snuza soon. I'm really glad that I continued to use it as it turns out that since my bub has started moving more in his sleep (occasionally I find him facing down into his mattress), there have been several incidents of him not breathing for 15 seconds (at least 3 this week) and one alarm. I have no doubt that on the few occasions he stopped breathing, the rouse alarm must have worked. I'm definitely going to continue to use this for some time yet. I've only just replaced the battery after more than 4 months of use. Would recommend to any new parent!

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
JB84
JB84Adelaide
  Top Review

Great for all parents who worry about SIDS!

I worried extensively about my baby since she came out so small, and being a first time mother I worried even more about SIDS. I bought one after reading a lot of reviews online. I was quite surprised when it arrived, it was very small but of course, very proportionate to the size of my baby. Since it is so small and light, I could even clip it to my baby when she's asleep, and she wouldn't even notice it on her. It is also portable so I bring it out with me whenever I am shopping with my baby in tow. I read a review at [link removed] where she tested it on herself, and I did the same as well. It was loud! There are also lights that flashes so you know the device is working. You will also need to press two buttons simultaneously to turn the device off, so if your baby moves a lot in his/her sleep, you are assured that he/she will not turn the device off accidentally.
Small, light and reliable. Loud alarm!
Nothing
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Petra L.
Petra L.Perth, WA9 posts

Peace of mind!

We bought the Snuza Hero SE second hand after our chiropractor recommended it. After having a friend lose her baby to SIDS I was paranoid and needed something to set my mind at ease.

It has gone off a few times, but usually if she's wriggled a lot, or we have gone up a diaper size (fold the diaper down and it stays put). I'd much rather wake up to a false alarm vs the alternative.

Recommended this to all my friends with bubs.

Only negative, I can't hear it downstairs and my baby monitor doesn't pick it up. Show details

Smk532
Smk532

There are better breathing monitors out there!!

Between constant false alarms and difficulty to reset, brings me to the conclusion that I would not recommend this product!! It has caused me more sleepless night than my baby!! Respisense is definitely more worthy of your investment and gives you much better peace of mind. Show details
Skye A
Skye A8 posts

Love it!

As a paranoid, FTM to twins, it was a no brainer to get some sort of breathing monitor for them. We chose this as it is so easy to use and can be used in bassinets, pram, car seat etc. We have had it for 3 weeks now and have not had any false alarms. My babies don't notice it and it helps keep my mind at ease during the night. Would 100% recommend to any parent. Show details
Lauren B
Lauren B

This product saved my daughter’s life. ER nurse review

This product saved my preemie daughter’s life. She was sleeping when the apnea alarm sounded, I found her slightly blue and shallow breathing. It woke me up and I was able to stimulate her and intervene in a terrible situation. Without this monitor to alarm me, my daughter might not be alive today. Thank you snuza. You truly save lives. Emergency Room Nurse approved! Show details
Beau
Beau

Peace of mind

This is a must have. Great device, easy to use. Peace of mind knowing it has the in-built vibration feature to rouse baby when respiratory rate falls. Although would like the alarm noise to be louder. Very compact and seems to be gentle on the baby's skin. Would recommend to new parents.

LauraMelbourne11 posts

Good for peace of mind in the early days

I really liked using this product when I was still in hospital with my baby (and before I could use the sensor pads). The only tricky part was when my baby still had her cord and clip attached and it was hard to find a good position to clip it on. It only went off falsely two or three times when she moved.

Kirby
Kirby

Can not live with out this product

Really easy to use. Means we know she is safe after a scare early on. I would recommend this to any new parents. Means you can also get good sleep when they do. It had only gone off once was a false alarm because of the position. Absolutely love this product

Ash2 posts

Perfect would definitely recommend

With my first son I barely slept because he had breathing difficulties so I was always paranoid he would stop breathing while I was asleep. For my second son I purchased the snuza hero and it has been amazingly comforting knowing that not only does it vibrate to wake my baby if he stops breathing but an alarm will sound to wake me. I've had it for 6 months and it has worked when it has needed to and we've only had false alarms when it has fallen off from him being a wiggle worm. I would definitely recommend this product it is easy to use and reliable

Jess
Jess4 posts

Best thing I bought for baby

This provides so much peace of mind, I sleep so much easier knowing it's on. I have only had two false alerts, one when I just started using it and positioned it wrong and one when I was holding him sideways so there was no contact.

Highly recommend this product.

Billygoat37
Billygoat37Rutherford4 posts

Would not live without the peace of mind

We lost our 5 week old son to SIDS in September 2015. We now have his baby brother, and we are PARANOID. This has saved our sanity!

We test it every time we change his nappy.

Take it off, and you can guarantee, it will alarm unless we either turn it off, or clip it on to ourself.

Best thing I have ever encounted!

Ezza
Ezza

Fantastic

This has been a sleep saver for me. I use it whenever my daughter sleeps. It is so easy to use and gives me peace of mind. Loud enough to wake me up but not everyone else in the house.

I check everyday that it functions properly by putting it on the bench and making sure it goes off.

Jessica
Jessica

Taryn
TarynPerth, WA58 posts

Lola0210
Lola0210

Our son has been in the NICU for 8 months and is currently about to be discharged. Whilst I know they won’t discharge him without him being deemed “safe”, I am concerned because of these large vomiting episodes he has had that cause him to gag, choke and change colour. They have become less, but I’m concerned that it only takes one time for him to choke. Would Souza be an appropriate device for this. If he’s choking, he’s still moving. I don’t know what is the best route to take for my own sanity.

Jorja C.
Jorja C.

Does the snuza hero connect to an app at all to monitor the breathing?

Ceej
Ceej

I’m having a bit of trouble getting my snuza to stay put! My 4 month old now sleeps through the night resulting in a full nappy by the early hours of the morning, this then causes the snuza to dislodge enough for the sensor to not touch enough and set the alarm off. I have found after using this i now have anxiety if he’s not wearing it but would like to continue to use. Is there a way to get it to sit better? Like Velcro or something?

Laura

Good question! I only used the Snuza hero when my daughter was a newborn and now we use breathing sensor pads under her mattress. Velcro may work but I haven't tried it! Sorry!

Ash

Hey i found the best way was wearing tights over a top that buttoned at the crotch then i would just clip it on his pants. Hope this helps!

Features:

• The Snuza Hero baby monitor alerts you when your baby stops breathing, so you can respond straight away.
  • If your baby stops breathing, the Hero will gently vibrate to wake your baby after 15 seconds, but if this doesn’t work and your baby doesn’t resume breathing, it will wait another 5 seconds before alerting you.
  • This device is the world’s first portable and medically certified breathing monitor, and has clinical proof that it detects when a baby stops breathing.
  • It’s made out of medical-grade plastic and silicone, and is BPA, phthalate, lead, and latex-free, so you know you’re not making your child sleep with any nasties.
  • A convenient clip attaches to your baby’s diaper - you don’t need to worry about wires, cords, or complex sensor pads.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Snuza Hero was versatile and easy to use, as it just needed to be clipped in and switched on. Parents also appreciated that it could be used in a variety of settings, from bassinets to prams and car seats.
  • They also noted that the device alerted them appropriately and either didn’t or rarely sounded false alarms.
CategoryBaby Monitors