6Mountain Buggy Swift

Mountain Buggy Swift Questions & Answers

ChanelL
ChanelL

I have a tall nearly 3 yr old and looking for a pram that will last us a it longer then our current pram. Does this have a high seat height?

Emily R.
Emily R.

I’m after a pram/stroller to use around our farm on dirt roads and across rough grassy paddocks that offers plenty of sun protection. Is the swift suitable or should I be looking at one with bigger wheels like the Terrain?

Gerhard13
Gerhard13

Bigger wheels would be better. That said, if someone's giving away an old Swift at a bargain price, I wouldn't knock it back - it'd do the job, just not as well/smoothly.

Jodi Winter H.
Jodi Winter H.

Hi Everyone, We have just bought a 2nd hand Mountain Buggy Swift that comes with Bassinet, but need to buy a baby capsule for the pram. What is the capsule that is compatible with the pram & what adapters do we need to get ? Thanks for your help. Jodi

Angie

We are heading to Italy. Is this worth buying considering the pavements there are non existant or bumpy cobblestones?

Lana
Lana

Hi Angie, yes very good pram and easy to fold. Have been to italy 12 times and you need something with big wheels. I have one for sale if you wish. You can contact me directly

Angie

Hi Lana, thanks for the advice but I will probably wait until next year when we head on over

Ned
Ned

Aus standards:

How can I find Which bases are compatible for "Protect" (mountain buggy) capsule and Where do I get the base ? Thanks .

Rebeccaaaaaa
Rebeccaaaaaa

I drive a 2015 Suzuki Swift Sports. The sports model has extremely little room in the boot due to the exhaust system being underneath it.

Has anyone else had the newest model Swift Sports and been able to put the Mountain Buggy in it successfully? We may be up for another new car - this is our last option.

Unfortunately there are NO baby stores near where we are.

jle2015
jle2015

My mum has a Suzuki Swift (not the sports model so not too sure how they differ) - the boot is tiny and I think she would be struggling to fit a basic umbrella stroller in there let alone a bigger pram such as a Mountain Buggy. There newer versions of the Swift have a more compact fold that the older versions (not as long) but I still doubt it would fit in the boot of a Swift). I think your boot size will limit what pram you can buy - might be time to upgrade to a family car?

Kellpa
Kellpa

Is this suitable for a 16 month old toddler will it fit him comfortably sitting and laying? please he is 11kg .. And how wideos the buggie please

gsm

Definitely suitable for 16 month old - my 3yo (admittedly only 13kg) still fits easily and spent most of his 2nd year having his afternoon nap in it.

Not entirely sure of the width - the new one is 58cm which seems about right as it's got to be one of the narrowest prams around. I have never had a problem with fitting through anywhere.

Joshua Holloway
Joshua Holloway

Does the swift have a scooter accessory?

gsm

Yes - I'm pretty sure it's called the freerider and can be detached and used as a regular scooter (free of the pram). I haven't used it though. Most other scooters/board also fit on it.

Mountain Buggy
Mountain Buggy   DM

Hi Joshua. Yes we have the freerider buggy board which fits onto the swift. Here is a link to our website with more information on this accessory - external link  . MB x

Claire Kenny
Claire Kenny

Is it easy to lift in and out of the car? I'm a 52 year old grandmother and drive an SUV so the boot area is quite high off the ground.

gsm

It weighs 7kg (I think). I can lift it easily into the boot of my SUV and my 65yo mother has no problem lifting it into her sedan. It is an awkward shape. It does have a loop with a clip for locking it closed which would make it easier, but I never bother (I think the new ones might have an even easier lock). Probably the best way to check is to test it out at a baby shop if there's one in your area. They usually allow you to check that prams fit in your car.

Caroline m
Caroline m

I have just bought a second hand MB swift. I put on the brake and now cannot release it. I have also tried using my hand. Any suggestions? It's 3 yrs old.

Mountain Buggy
Mountain Buggy   DM

Hi Caroline, If you haven't contacted our care team, they would love to help!

They can be reached at ozcare@mountainbuggy.com

Thanks,

Team MB

minnie2010
minnie2010

Is it safe for a newborn without buying the bassinet?

HBswell

Probably safer as the bassinet offers no support being strapped in.

jeral.taka
jeral.taka

Is there a big difference between the pre 2010 mountain buggy swifts and the newer version? which do you find is better? and what's a good price for a second hand one?

HBswell

I can't really comment on pre 2010 mine is the 2013, but I truly love it.

I know many mums with this stroller and are very happy with it. I think like anything gets better over years and even though the newer version is not made in NZ it is very good quality.

I would pay half for a second hand, around $200 to $250.

MummaB**
MummaB**

How does the mountain buggy swift handle all terrain??? Gravel, ditches, grass etc i live coastal and would like to know how it handles??? Thanks in advance

Vikz
Vikz

Hi there. We've had no trouble taking the Swift on rough terrain like parks with bumpy ground and grass areas. We haven't tried it at the beach yet but I expect it to be fine. A friend has an Mountain Buggy Mini and that goes well on the beach so I'm sure the Swift would be the same.

Liv_M
Liv_M

Is the Steelcraft Infant carrier compatible with the Mountain Buggy Swift?

ladyj
ladyj

Hello, I don't think the Steelcraft will fit the Mountain Buggy. Mountain Buggy make their own carrier which will match their base frame but we didn't have one of those. We had the portacot attachment which was great while my little man was not able to sit up.

KylieLiam
KylieLiam

Hi, sorry I'm not sure anymore, there are a few that attach to it. Remember you need a car seat adapter too. Mountainbuggy.com have a global travel systems compatibility chart, start by clicking on accessories. This site shows Australia, and the Swift is compatible with the " Safe and Sound- Unity- capsule. However I would confirm with one of the big baby outlet shops like Baby Bunting, they are generally pretty helpful. There are probably other capsules you can use. Hope this is of some help. Kylie

Get an answer from our members and Mountain Buggy representatives