Mr. Switch Electrical

Mr. Switch Electrical

Installing new stove

Friendly, professional, listened to and identified problems, offered choice of solutions. Thorough cleanup which is greatly appreciated. Suggested future improvements. Up front about costs. Nice to the very temperamental cat.

Patient and efficient

Had the toilet installed the early morning. The team was very nice and patient. All job was done perfectly. Service heroes always offer the warranty for the job done and it makes me really confident for the service. Also they cleaned everything before they left, amazing job!

Trustworthy - I'd use again

Had some electrical work done by Andrew from Mr Switch Service Heroes. What an awesome guy and supported by an awesome team.

Turned up during a tight work window, he explained the work, quoted, sourced the materials and did exactly what was set out on the work day. Andrew is highly skilled and very experienced in the first and confident of anything that came up. The work was well priced compared to other firms in the market and comforting knowing they take responsibility for the work in case of issues.

This is where their trust was proven. An issue came up with the device (not the workmanship) and they sent Andrew back without a fuss next day and took ownership of getting a replacement part with his team behind the scenes. It's service like that AFTER the job is done that tells me everything i need to know about the trustworthiness of these guys and I'd score them 11/10 if i could.

Top of my list for future work. I trust their pricing and their service.

Thank you.

Job 40638.

Tried to blame AGL for their stuff up

I approached Mr Switch to arrange the electrical connection for my new home. I was communicating via email with their office and waiting to co-ordinate the building completion with the electrical connection. The office incorrectly told me the Meter installation by the electrical supplier needed to be completed prior to the connection. Because of this, they did not schedule the work until after the Meter installation scheduled work which was due to be done on 19/3. The meter installation did not proceed as the electrical connection wasn't completed. We then had to start the process all over again with the supplier, and instead of being able to have electricity connected to our house on 19/3 we only just got the meter installed yesterday 1/4. This delay could have been prevented because there was ample notice given of the impending meter installation date of 19/3 but their team don't know what they're doing. The blame was placed on AGL while I was told "Different suppliers have different requirements". I contacted the Energy ombudsman who told me the regulation across the board is for the Meter to be done after the electrical connection and the electrician provided incorrect advice. This cost me hours in chasing AGL,trying to escalate the installation, stress and additional costs due to not being able to move in as scheduled as well as food expenses due to not having access to a working kitchen to be able to cook for my kids for the additional 14 day period.

Really genuine team

I got Nathan out to install a fan in my bedroom. Really nice guy and was really professional. Happy with the service and have recommended them to some people. Thanks Mr Switch and Nathan!.

RIP OFF STAY AWAY

I needed a light installed and made a quick Google choice.

Mr Switch arrived promptly the next day and charged me $240 to install one small bedroom ceiling light ! This took him less than 10 minutes to do.
He did give me a quote before going ahead with the job but I thought it must have been a difficult task due to the $240 he quoted me ! Was not expecting a less than 10 minute job !

I called up management and they reduced the price to $150. Still way too much in my opinion.
I will never use their service again and have put there name out there on Facebook.

Overpriced - won't use again

Mr Switch provided me with a quote of $850 to install two powerpoints (ex GST). When I asked what the price was for one he said it would be only $50 cheaper. This was despite there being excellent access under my house. They claimed that they couldn't install them in the (tall) skirting as they weren't carpenters and insisted that they would have to be put in the (common boundary) wall. Two electricians would be needed for 3.5 hours. They said that a very large, almost industrial style powerpoint would be needed - which was very chunky and would stick way out from the wall.

Upon consideration I decided not to go with this terrible price and advice. Two days later a different electrical firm installed a lovely, slimline powerpoint for $318 inc GST. It took one electrician about 1.5 hours.

My advice is that they overprice and provide terrible advice on solutions. I will never use them again.

Rip-off

Original callout was cancelled by Mr Switch. For the rescheduled callout, the electrician rocked up late... but I was charged $200 anyway. Am I an idiot for paying this callout fee? Yes. Please don't be an idiot too. My advice would be not to go with a business that won't give you a ballpark quote for a straightforward job over the phone or by email. Ended up being quoted almost $3000 to replace a total of 20 switches and power outlets (Clipsal Iconic range). Another fully-licensed and properly insured electrician has completed the job perfectly for less than half that amount. I was fooled by many of the positive comments here at Product Review. Other commenters have suggested many of the positive reviews here are not legitimate and I would not be surprised if that was the case.

Hi Mark, We have tried to get in contact with you regarding this matter to find out some more information. Our team in the office (one of the lovely girls you would have spoken with to book the job) are not trained electricians which is why we always send out a trained and licensed expert. We are always trying to be as transparent as possible with our quotes and pricing. Could you please contact us so that we can have a supervisor review this job and come to a resolution. As a family owned and operated business for more than 10 years, we take our reputation very seriously and have never used fake reviews or anything of the sort. Please get in touch with us as we want to turn this around and have you join one of the other very happy customer like you can see below. Our number is 1800 694 376. Just ask for a manager regarding the job and they will work with you to come up with a solution that aligns with your goals.You did get in contact with me regarding this matter a few weeks ago and I expressed my disappointment, quite clearly, over and over. I don't know what more can be said. I just called your number and the gentleman I spoke to assured me that I'd receive an email from Mr Switch during business hours tomorrow. Looking forward to it.No email received.

Safety switch diagnostic check

Hi I wanted to thank Jake from Mr Switch for a professional diagnostic call out to check my safety switch. Jake called me 20 minutes before he arrived right on time, very friendly as he explained what was diagnosed. He was fast professional and clean and tidy. I will definitely use jake and Mr Switch again thanks guys.

Hi Stuart, thank you for your review! We will definitely forward this great review onto Jake, he will be happy to know that you were happy with his service! Please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime in the future! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

They turn up on time

I called Mr Switch for my mothers place to fix a problem with the power which kept causing the safety switch to trip. They replaced it and its working now just fine. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for.

Hi Lorene, thank you for the feedback! We will pass this onto our electrician, they will be stoked to hear about your feedback. Please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

Top quality highly attentive service

Fantastic service through and through. Highly recommend Mr switch and our electrician Ahmed especially for their personable and highly attentive service! Had multiple issues recently and they were all sorted so quickly with minimal stress. After a quick call out the job was always sorted right there and then even if the issue was a little more complex. The quotes given to us were also much more reasonable then previous electricians. Highly recommend!

Hi Joshar, Thank you for your kind words we are happy that we were able to help and will be sure to let Ahmed know about your wonderful feedback! If you ever need anything in the future, feel free to give us a call! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team.

Excellent and professional

I had used Mr Switch a while ago and was impressed by the service I received. So again when I had problems with leaking taps there were no hesitation in contacting them again. And again was impressed by their professional manner. I have always recommended Mr Switch plumbing team to my friends and family. Keep up the great work!!! Thanks guys

Hi Denise, thank you for your kind words and on going support! We love to see raving reviews from our loyal customers, I will make sure to share this review with our staff, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Kind regards, the Mr Switch team.

Really happy with James

Got Service Heroes out after my toilet started to block up. James attended with Sam and was really helpful. Everything from the first call to the repair was easy and they kept me informed. Really professional business that have changed the was I think about plumbers.

Hi Renee, thank you for your fantastic review! We'll pass that on to James and Sam I am sure they they will be ecstatic that you were so happy with your experience! If you ever need anything feel free to reach out! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

wow.. Alicia really brightened up my day

I just want to say from calling multiple other companies who won't really helpful the way Alicia answer the phone at Mr Switch really brighten up my day I was distressed with no power. Within an hour of my call the electricians arrived resolve the issue with my faulty wiring and turn my power back on.. FiVE Stars on trust reliability and efficiency to get my job done I felt comfortable with electricians at my home

Hi Jess, thank you for your great review! we're so happy to hear that you were happy with our service! We will definitely forward this raving review onto Alicia and our electricians we are sure it will make their day! Please feel free to reach out in the future! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

Very happy with Mr Switch Service Heroes!

i booked an appointment to have my plumbing gas fixed and they came out on time and did the job effectively. very happy will use them again in the future.

Hi Annabelle, Thank you for your review! I will make sure to let our plumber know how happy you were with their service! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

Avoid

Light circuit blew and after 3 vists over the course of 5 days they failed to fix it, charged me $1500, and told me I needed a complete rewire. I called another electrician for a second opinion and the whole thing was fixed in less than 4hrs.

Avoid at all costs.

Great service.

John L and Gary came out to install an aerial today. They provided great friendly service. Very happy with the end result

Hi Wendy, thanks for the positive feedback! We will make sure to pass on your feedback to John L and Gary! Please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

Fixed up lights fine

JohnL arrived on time and replaced all the lights and switches. No problems and happy with the work. All as per Steven's quote. 8)

Hi Peter, thank you for the feedback! We'll pass this onto John and Steven! If you ever need anything feel free to reach out! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team.

So happy to have air Conditioning!

John L and James P arrived at time stated, they were polite and friendly and worked professionally together, very happy with the finished job of installing 2 airconditioner!

Hi Chris, Thank you for your raging review! I will make sure to let John L and James P know how happy you were with their service! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future Warm regards, the Mr Switch team

Very fast and efficient

Nathan was very quick and professional. Diagnosed and fixed the problem promptly without any fanfare. Provided clear explanations and cost breakdown.

Hi Liz, Thank you for your review! I will make sure to pass this feedback to Nathan! If you ever need anything feel free to reach out! Warm regards, the Mr Switch team