Darebin Gas

Darebin Gas

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor service/high cost/no positive outcome

Technician attended & advised of SIMPLE fix to our problem AFTER having spent sufficient time on the job to then charge the next increment. I would have hoped experienced technicians to look for the quick/common troubleshooting first, not last to keep householder costs to a minimum. Recommended replacing batts, but not the unit (older unit). Batts replaced and problem reoccurred very soon after - now told major part/cost or replace unit. Also told that everything was fine on last visit. Hard to believe same issue & different resolution now. No empathy/responsibility by the company. Unfortunately can't get on the roof with technicians to see what they do or don't do, but technician very quiet while up there. Would not use again or recommend.

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity
Store LocationDAREBIN GAS

Darebin Gas take advantage

When I called Breezair to find someone to repair my Evaporative Cooler it went automatically to Darebingas. This is a monopoly!! They serviced and did minor repairs my cooler on 4/1/18 and charged $889, $13 was for credit card charge. It is now just over a year since and my cooler has the same problem. They will not come out and assess if it is the same issue and could be a manufacturers fault and refuse to take any responsibility for the work. They take advantage of being directly referred by Breezair and their paperwork was inadequate, not itemisation, we don't know what we paid for. Do not use this company, shop around.

Rates and Fees
ServicesGas

NOT outstanding service.

Two men came; they went up on the roof for 2 minutes (If that).
Came down said unit will eventually need a new motor and pads; gave me a quote of over $1000.0, charged me almost $280.00 and left. Easiest money earned in 2 minutes!
They didn't service the unit. In fact, not sure if in the 2 minutes they even "looked" at the unit.
Do GP's say:- "you will eventually die" and so do not treat you now?

Deceptive company

Deceptive company, bad customer service, call at your own peril.

Choose another reliable company who can offer better service at a reasonable price.

Don’t use Darebin Gas - not reliable - unprofessional - over charge - no service

The worst plumbing experience I ever had! My hot water system not work, no hot water. I get on to Darebin Gas and sent a guy to come and quoted $400 to fix my hot water system, been told it’s fixed and water boil again, hot water should be ready in 1/2 hr, so the guy left. I waited more than an hour there is no hot water, i check the tank, it has stopped boiling, I called the guy told him no hot water can he come back fix it again, I was shock that he said “NO”, he’s not in the area he can’t come, all I need to do is call office to arrange other time. I call the office immediately (around 4pm Friday), get on to the manger he said they can’t get anyone to come over, all their plumbers finished work no one available, the early they can do is next day, terrible customer service! Next day a different guy came, ask me some questions and check for problem, at the end he told me there is other problem, I need to pay $300 for a part to get it fix. This is ridiculous!! At the start no hot water, after paid $400 I still have no hot water, not even work for an hour (you can’t count this job been fixed right?) I paid $400 for nothing. The guy keep saying the first problem been fixed, this is other problem, if I not pay $300 he will leave, not fix this problem, call office on Monday if I want. I didn’t pay so he left and leave my family with no hot water for 3 days (Friday, Sat. & Sun). They don’t care for their customer at all, all they want to get your money. If they are professional enough they would have identified what’s wrong on the hot water system. If they told me approximately $700 to fix it, I will consider to buy a new one, not paid $400 at the start, and now ask for another $300. I can buy a new system on $700. Now my concern they have not fix the right part at start. they offer me a new hot water system with the cost $1800. I checked in shop I found a new hot water system just $695, and installation charge $250, altogether under $1000. Darebin Gas charged way too high, not reliable, unprofessional and no service! Don’t get them to do your work!

Outstanding service darebin gas

Gas heater playing up. Job assigned to darebin gas. Visit scheduled within two days. Rang back two hours later to see if it was convenient to attend that afternoon. Very fast friendly efficient service. Highly recommend darebin gas

heating and cooling service + call out

super reliable, the team were very fast to come to check out my problem and fixed it immediately. reasonably priced and he explained to me in basic terms the problem. I didn't feel like he took advantage of my lack of knowledge as a female at all. My aunty dealt with them too and was very impressed with how fast the service and work was. definitely recommend

Super helpful

Our hot water service actually got stolen from the new house we were building. We did not realize until we had moved into the property and obviously had no hot water!! We called Darebin Gas and they were super helpful, we had a new unit put in the same day and are so grateful for all their assistance!

Three call outs, gas heater still not fixed

Don't waste your time with this company. Our heater wasn't pushing out hot air and we called Darebin Gas. Each time he came out (3 times and 3 call out fees) the serviceman says 'it should be fine now', and doesn't explain what he fixed or what the issue was. He doesn't wait to see if it actually heats up the house and says gives us a call if it's not working and we can come out...

I would've thought you would fix it before you leave. Avoid at all costs.

Either scammers or not knowledgeable

Was quoted to have hot water unit replaced for $1500 after being charged a callout fee of $150. Called a second plumber for a second option (who didn't even charge a callout fee) and fixed the problem in 10 minutes.

Braemar Loft Heater System

They fitted a new Braemar heater system for me in 2015 and did a real good job at the time I had a honeywell system and was asked if I wanted to keep the existing thermostat on the wall I said yes fine they left me with the new units thermostat for later down the road. Anyway the other day the old Honeywell thermostat packed in. So called spoke to a lovely girl on the phone really helpful made a booking and all good. Well these guys are better than that they slotted me in earlier than the booked appointment and Locky came out the guy is a whiz not only did he neatly setup the new Braemar thermostat but also I feel he has set up after servicing the unit even better and the evenly spread heat from each rooms ceiling duct works even better. Thanks Locky & Darebin Gas your on my call list for future if needed no problems

DISHONEST

I was told on the phone when I made a booking for our evaporative cooling to be serviced that the cost would be $155 however the technician charged $260 just to wash the filter. This price is higher than anyone in Melbourne and it seemed sneaky to charge a lot more than we were told on the phone.

Excellent service for breezair Evap cooler

Very impressive with Gary and Sam at office and Gary and his assistant at the service. Would use and recommend your company in the future.

No proplems

Everytime i call these people there quick to come out so i decided to get new ducted heating unit from them and worked great for 2 days, rang them and they were straight out to fix problem couldn't be happier, will use again without hesitation

Great srvice

My ducted heating had an issue and I intitially called a guy from service seeking. That monkey took my 150 $ and fixed nothing. He blamed the Bremar company and left. Then I called Darabin gas and they did an excellant job. The problem fixed in 15 minutes very well behaved. Came on time. I give full marks to them.

Horrible scammers, DON'T TRUST them!

If i could give them zero stars, i would.

Lying, two-faced company. The technicians came three times, every time charging something different. I feel i have been scammed by these untrustworthy people who are looking to make a quick buck off families whose heating needs fixing. Please DON'T CALL them unless you want to get scammed, learn from my mistakes!

ZERO care factor for customers

Had a brand new heater installed Apr 17 stuffed up within the week and have still waiting for parts and were in July.... No one knows what's going and they keep saying they will get back to me but no avail, i had to call them every day, person on the phone is horrible and don't care that we are left without a heater for over a week and they expect us to wait!!!! Definitely to steer clear!

Customer Service that puts new meaning to woeful

Rang up to enquire about a gas cooktop and electric oven installation and pretty much given the brush off immediately. They advised they couldn't help without even advising a price for the gas cooktop installation. I've since read some reviews and even those poor reviews are flattering.

Good service

Got Darebin Gas out last week to fix my mums heater. So far so good..and mum said the young chap who came out was lovely so bonus!

Terrible customer service

Have had them out four times to fix the same problem with our heating. The person I spoke to on the phone was horrible! No customer service skills and did not understand the urgency of my call as the error was due to their own technicians fault (not completing the job completely before leaving). Our heating was purchased through another company who sub contracts to darebin gas. Would not recommend their services as they have no urgency to act! Had to wait over 8 days to have my heating fixed and I mentioned I had a newborn in the house with no care factor at all.