Darebin Gas

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Rates and Fees

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great team effort

I was referred to Darebin gas by my neighbor who uses you for their hot water service.
Spoke to Michelle in the office who quickly booked me in for the same day to have my Rheem hot water system looked at.
Kyle showed up two hours later, found that my cylinder had a crack in it and unfortunately couldn't be repaired. Gave me a quote that seemed reasonable enough.
Within another hour the owner himself showed up with a new unit to assist Kyle in the installation as they were busy and short staffed for that day. (Good to see the boss get his hands dirty)
Couple hours later job done.
Cant thank the team enough for their efficiency and response time.
Will gladly use and refer you guys again.

Alan and Anne Simons

Alan and Anne SimonsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Credit where it is due. First class service!!!

Hi Alan
We enjoyed every moment, its a great feeling to be able to help out our long standing customers. As always it was a pleasure.
Thank you for your great review and always look forward to being of service in the near future.

Missylv73

Missylv73Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Highly recommend

I booked in a repair to my Braemar Ducted heater and found the service from this company outstanding. From the office staff that took my booking over the phone to the technician that came out and repaired my heater, l found them to be very friendly and professional from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone no problems and will definitely be using their services again.

LAST MINUTE RESCUE

Thank you so much for your help yesterday. I called on the slight chance being 3pm that someone could come and repair our hot water unit that decided to break down.
The kind lady in the office advised that she will ring around and see if anyone was able to stay back and help me.
Ten minutes later they called back and said a plumber is happy to come past on their way home.
Arrived about 4:30 and had our hot water up and running again.
Cant thank you guys enough for the chop out
Definitely recommend

FOREVER RELIABLE

Wow not sure what experience the past reviewers have had, but I have and my parents have been using DarebinGas for over 15 years now with out a single real issue.
Always prompt, always explain costs upfront and offer my mum a pension discount every time they've attended.
Mums evap cooler needed servicing last week and were happy to push her forward due to her age, they offered to even test her heater to ensure it had no carbon monoxide leaks while there.
The fees are reasonable as Im a strong believer that you get what you pay for.
Couldn't recommend DarebinGas high enough.

Hi Amy
We are pleased that you've found our services satisfactory. As long serving customers we are always happy to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for taking the time to review us

Khurshid

KhurshidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad & poor experience, exhorbitant costs --never ever use them

Nick J.

Nick J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor servicing

Incredibly poor service and product - DO NOT USE DAREBIN GAS

Darebin Gas came out to replace our ducts (for $600) and two months later we were faced with the same problem (collapsed ducts). They came out again and said this time it was due to cats damaging the ducts and wanted to charge an extra $300. I had a second opinion who advised it was simply because the ducts are of poor quality and therefore collapsed again. The technician (SHANNON) who came out the second time was rude and did not care. He simply referred me to management. DO NOT USE them there are better service providers out there who actually care about their work and product quality and are cheaper

PAM

PAMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor service/high cost/no positive outcome

Store LocationDAREBIN GAS
Marilyn

MarilynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Darebin Gas take advantage

When I called Breezair to find someone to repair my Evaporative Cooler it went automatically to Darebingas. This is a monopoly!! They serviced and did minor repairs my cooler on 4/1/18 and charged $889, $13 was for credit card charge. It is now just over a year since and my cooler has the same problem. They will not come out and assess if it is the same issue and could be a manufacturers fault and refuse to take any responsibility for the work. They take advantage of being directly referred by Breezair and their paperwork was inadequate, not itemisation, we don't know what we paid for. Do not use this company, shop around.

Very Disappointed

Very DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

NOT outstanding service.

Two men came; they went up on the roof for 2 minutes (If that).
Came down said unit will eventually need a new motor and pads; gave me a quote of over $1000.0, charged me almost $280.00 and left. Easiest money earned in 2 minutes!
They didn't service the unit. In fact, not sure if in the 2 minutes they even "looked" at the unit.
Do GP's say:- "you will eventually die" and so do not treat you now?

James B.Darebin Gas

Don’t use Darebin Gas - not reliable - unprofessional - over charge - no service

Terry p

Terry pGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outstanding service darebin gas

Gas heater playing up. Job assigned to darebin gas. Visit scheduled within two days. Rang back two hours later to see if it was convenient to attend that afternoon. Very fast friendly efficient service. Highly recommend darebin gas

Hi Terry
thank you so much for your kind review, its a breathe of fresh air to see someone come online and express their satisfaction. Always welcome at Darebin Gas

regina

regina

heating and cooling service + call out

super reliable, the team were very fast to come to check out my problem and fixed it immediately. reasonably priced and he explained to me in basic terms the problem. I didn't feel like he took advantage of my lack of knowledge as a female at all. My aunty dealt with them too and was very impressed with how fast the service and work was. definitely recommend

Joyce Allen

Joyce AllenMelbourne

Super helpful

Our hot water service actually got stolen from the new house we were building. We did not realize until we had moved into the property and obviously had no hot water!! We called Darebin Gas and they were super helpful, we had a new unit put in the same day and are so grateful for all their assistance!

DC75

DC75Melbourne

Three call outs, gas heater still not fixed

Don't waste your time with this company. Our heater wasn't pushing out hot air and we called Darebin Gas. Each time he came out (3 times and 3 call out fees) the serviceman says 'it should be fine now', and doesn't explain what he fixed or what the issue was. He doesn't wait to see if it actually heats up the house and says gives us a call if it's not working and we can come out...

I would've thought you would fix it before you leave. Avoid at all costs.

Hi
we have never charged a customer a second call out fee let alone a third if the original issue is still occurring. If you could please send me a copy of all your invoices and i would be happy to go over them with you.

Quan

Quan

Either scammers or not knowledgeable

Was quoted to have hot water unit replaced for $1500 after being charged a callout fee of $150. Called a second plumber for a second option (who didn't even charge a callout fee) and fixed the problem in 10 minutes.

Nils2626

Nils2626St Albans

Braemar Loft Heater System

Hi
thank you for your kind and honest review
we really do appreciate our customers taking the time out of their day to express their gratitude.

nino

ninoPOINT COOK

DISHONEST

I was told on the phone when I made a booking for our evaporative cooling to be serviced that the cost would be $155 however the technician charged $260 just to wash the filter. This price is higher than anyone in Melbourne and it seemed sneaky to charge a lot more than we were told on the phone.

John Laurence

John Laurence

Excellent service for breezair Evap cooler

Very impressive with Gary and Sam at office and Gary and his assistant at the service. Would use and recommend your company in the future.

Hi John
thank you for your honest review, we appreciate the time its takes to write a positive feed. Always happy to help