NAB Car Insurance

NAB Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ongoing problem

I set up my car insurance with NAB in a main branch in the city. I have had nothing but issues. Turns out the direct debit is incorrect the payments are not coming out of my account (even though this was set up in a NAB branch). I knew nothing of this until I received a letter concerning my car insurance. I call up and clarify my bank details. Again the payment did not work. I made a payment by phone straight away. The following month I received another letter saying they would cancel my insurance as there was a problem with the payment. I called again made payments direct on the phone. Clarified the details again, was so worried this would happen again I called this month just after the payment was due, to see if there was still the same problem and could I pay my bill by phone again directly if the payment had been unsuccessful . Apparently I cannot as they cannot confirm if the direct debit payment has worked or not. An honest customer calls to make a payment, to ensure their car is insured and is told sorry no not possible, no way to fix my ongoing issue apart from confirming my details again. This is all they each time no othet solution. I asked for bpay or another method of payment or some way to update the payment method. Not possible either. I work long hours and have been unable to go back to NAB to sort this. A waste of time, I am now looking at changing my car insurance as this has been a problem from day one. Would not recommend to anyone.

Insurance claim madeNo

simply

To be honest they are the same as all insurance companies like lawyers arrogant and just want your money luckily I have not had to make a claim just had to amend details

Insurance claim madeNo
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback Daveden, I've passed this on to the team for you ^TC

Didn't want to known me! Don't waste your time!

I have been comparing insrance policies recently and I decided to ring NAB after reading some good reviews. How wrong I was firstly I waited on hold for over half and hour. Then when someone answered they were rude and trying to get rid of me. They asked silly questions and then said they couldn't give me a quote. Then she said by the way what's your name and told me to ring a broker and hung up. When I complained about waiting on hold for so long she didn't apologise just said it's because of the floods. When I mentioned previously I am a farmer affected by the floods with the phone cut off for over 3 weeks so I couldn't ring she just said we would have to insure your whole farm and not just your vehicles. In other words they wern't interested unless they were going to get a large some of money out of me. I will think twice now about switching my banking to NAB!

Good

We have had NAB Car insurance for 8 years now. We have not had a problem with the customer service, even after a claim. When a quote for our second car seemed a little high they went to the underwriters and discussed this quote. They then came back with a lower figure. Insurance is comprehensive. Customer service has been excellent - they even put on more staff after Qld severe storms caused a number of claims.
Customer service after an accident was excellent. Our claim was dealt with promptly and efficiently. You can pay your premiums fortnightly at no extra cost.
It took a little long for an assessor to attend and confirm our quote so work could begin.

Hi, I'll b moving to Sri Lanka permenently so I need to close my vehicle insurance, can you please explain how can I do that?
Just give them a call they refund the premiums as long you didn't make a at fault claim. They will credit back into your bank account or send you a cheque.

Car Insurance
Contact Number 13 29 28
Online Live Chat Yes
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Landlord, Life and Travel
Coverage OfferedComprehensive, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Roadside Assistance OfferedYes