NAB Qantas Rewards Premium

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• 30,000 Bonus Qantas Points when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days of account opening

• Points Earn Rate: 1 Qantas Point per $1.50 up to $3,000 per statement period

• 0% on Balance Transfers for 6 months

• Seven complimentary insurances including Overseas Travel Insurance

Cons

• $250 Annual Fee

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• 2% Balance Transfer Fee

• Points Earn Rate drops to 1 Qantas Point per $3 after the first $3,000 per statement period

NAB Qantas Rewards Premium
CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 3 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1.50 Qantas points per $1 spent for the first $3,000 of everyday purchases on your Visa Card,

• 3 Qantas points per $1 spent for the next $3,000 ($3,001 - $6,000) of everyday purchases on your Visa Card,

• 1 point per $1 spent on eligible Qantas services.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$15
Annual Fee$250 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 44 days
Cash Advance Rate21.74% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive 30,000 Bonus Points when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 2%
Release dateMay 2007

Card was ok

Took a while to get this credit card approved which was strange. Got all our points luckily. I don’t get charged fees as I’m Nab staff so I can’t comment about fees.

Rates and Fees
Card Start DateAugust 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

Bonus Points

We got this card specifically for the bonus points. Was easily achievable for us in the first 3 months. Will probably cancel before the end of 12 months and get another one with bonus points.

Rates and Fees
Card Start DateJune 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Woeful customer service

I never received my bonus points even after three months of waiting. Made numerous complaints and got told it would be sorted out, to your not entitled to someone would ring me in 5-7 days. I’d hate to have other banking services with them. Customer service is terrible

Card Start DateAugust 2018
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

avoid this card and nab

I get this card with our loan. The promised bonus qantas points has never arrived and its been four months after i have spend the required amount of money with it. Every phone call needs more than half a hour with a promise that never come true. I also experienced very bad customer service at one of there branch in sydney regarding my money transfer request. I’ll move my loan and my savings somewhere else sooner or later. Helpless customer service everywhere.

This and all other NAB products could possibly breach your privacy and online security!

Had a Home Loan (with my partner) with the NAB and some years after applying for that loan, I applied for a personal Black Platinum Visa Card with the NAB! Out of nowhere, my personal black visa card statement had an annual fee of $66.60 "Interest and other Charges" placed on my statement - as I always paid prior to due date, I knew the "Interest" part of it wasn't applicable so phoned the NAB to ask what the "Other Charges" might be and was told that as my partner and I had a Home Loan with the NAB, no "Other Charges" would apply. What they didn't tell me at any time during this conversation, was that MY PARTNER COULD GO ONLINE TO CHECK OUT OUR HOME LOAN ACCOUNT STATEMENT AND COULD SEE AND READ MY PERSONAL BLACK VISA CARD STATEMENT AS WELL!!! The NAB have, since I complained about a total lack of security online of my personal account, been trying to take as long as possible over the investigation (3 weeks tomorrow) and have yet to give me any kind of explanation for this invasion of my security and privacy. TWO MONTHS DOWN THE LINE: Was offered $500 by NAB to go away, however, I have decided to take my complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commission who investigates "Breach of Privacy" such as this!!

NAB misleading and deceptive conduct

NAB offers 90,000 points if you spend $4,000 in first two months. I spent over $4,000 in first month that is, June 2018 and despite repeated calls, purported investigations no points yet transferred. AVOID NAB. I have wasted hours on the phone to NAB they promise to ring you back but fail to do so. NAB conduct at the Royal Commission still permeates the bank. The appropriate word here is corrupt conduct by nab in offering false incentives to sign up and then failing to deliver and or respond.

Avoid this card

Like so many others, I signed up for this card, paid my $395 and have not received a single point, despite repeated enquiries from the branch which signed me up.
NAB, I think a refund of our $395 is in order if you can't live up to your promises of Qantas points.
As a long term customer of this bank, I am now looking at moving my accounts elsewhere.

Appalling customer service

I'm so glad that NAB isn't my main Bank, application for the card been approved, provided pay slips and no news for one week, called the customer services on numbers132 265, 131 312, made 4 calls @ 3.45PM Perth time, all calls went to India and complete waste of time the call centre staff is making up an accent but it isn’t working !!, no one knew what they are doing, no access to system only they could do is sent a SMS to authenticate and then calls transferred all over no one was able to pick up my application! Shame on you NAB, shredding Australian staff and hiring cheap labour and providing poor services to customers! Your intention is only to have big chunk of profit at any cost to customers I would never bank with NAB!

Excellent Product for Points

Get the best of both worlds with two cards in one account. Use American Express where possible for maximum points, use Visa for universal acceptance.

Misleading information

As a Qantas Frequent Flyer I received an email advertising the new NAB Qantas Premium cards with 0% interest and fees and 40,000 Qantas points. When I clicked on the link to the NAB webpage, it lists 20,000 points. I called NAB to ask for clarification. The person I spoke to had no clue and no willingness to search for the answer or provide it. Eventually he told me to call Qantas because it was "their" promotion. So I called Qantas. They also didn't have a clue and told me to call NAB because it was "their" card. At least Qantas offered to follow up for clarification and call me back the next day. That was 2 days ago. I am still waiting for their call.

False advertising

Received and offer for frequent flyer points upon applying for a NAB Qantas Rewards Premium card. We followed all the rules and received the credit cards. NAB did not give us the Frequent Flyer points. We had to call and ask what was happening, now the bank is refusing to give any points!! We have the offer in writing and now have had to lodge a formal complaint. Once this is sorted, we are leaving this bank with our accounts, mortgage, other credit cards. Previous service over the last 7 years was so good! We can't believe they have lied and are treating us this way.

Interest free is untrue!!!

Promotion of 12 months free interest for balance & purchase.
Lies, lies, damned lies.
They give you such a low credit that you are forced to start paying immediately. No free interest!!!
I cancelled my application.

Good card for points

I recently changed to a NAB Qantas Premium card after CBA's Awards scheme was "adjusted" some time last year. I'm happy with the NAB card. Points earning rate is good on the Amex card (1.5 points per dollar). The Visa earn rate at 0.5 per dollar is not as attractive, however I find I use the Amex for the vast majority of purchases. NAB recently updated their systems so that transactions appear online immediately, whereas on the CBA card transactions could take several days to be applied to the balance. I reviewed the complementary insurance policy document prior to taking a trip to the US last year, and it seems to offer as good (if not better) coverage when compared to a number of others I looked at. I'd recommend this card to others considering a frequent flyer-linked credit card account.
Competitive insurance, good earn rate on Amex, transactions appear online immediately

Suck you in with bonus points then lower the rewards points without warning

Got the Platinum cards in September with average points scheme at 1.5 points per dollar on Amex and 2 points per 3 dollar on visa. It's now March and they have dropped the Visa points to .5 per dollar, 1 day after hitting me with the $290 annual fee. What a joke. After this they only lowered this extraordinary fee to $250 per annum. Less give and more take if you ask me. Got no reason to stay with NAB.
Initially the points
now get measley amount of points, not worth the $250 per annum fee

terribly let down by NAB Qantas Platinum Visacard

I had obtained two quotes from a merchant, A ($17,000) & B ($21,000).
I ordered the items quoted in B but the merchant delivered the items quoted in A.
The Merchant acknowledged it was their mistake.
I accepted the items in A as an alternative and advised National Australia Bank not to pay the excess of B over A (about $4000). I informed National Australia Bank that I had refused to sign the letter of authorisation for payment.
In spite of my advice and protests, NAB Visacard paid $21,000 to the merchant.
I am so disgusted with the service of "Platinum" that I am changing my card.
NAB Dispute Team is bureaucratic and after months od delay, did absolutely to get my money back.
I was told to go to the Financial Ombudsmen or VCAT to try to get my money back.
Awful experience with NAB.
frequent flyer points
expensive, unhelpful service. Unable to get them to answer the telephone

OK

I don't have the NAB Platinum Qantas card. I was considering it but gave up on it. I needed 2 supplementary cards but they would not allow that to happen. This is a bit strange as most other card providers in Australia do allow that.

It is a shame in my case as I am a NAB customer and would have loved to consolidate into NAB as my credit card provider.

Other than that, I dont't see a significant issue with the card. It is just like any other cards.
Good credit limit