NAB Rewards Platinum

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• Earn up to 3 Points per dollar (see Details), uncapped

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 6 months

• Seven complimentary insurances, including Overseas Travel Insurance

Cons

• $195 Annual Fee

• 2% Balance Transfer Fee

• 3% International Transaction Fee

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Rewards ProgramNAB Rewards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 NAB Rewards Point for every $1 spent on everyday purchases

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$15
Annual Fee$194 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Interest Free Period 44 days
Cash Advance Rate21.74% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive 60,000 Bonus Points when you spend $1,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 2%

The one I use for everyday purchases

Because I bank with NAB, I have a Visa Platinum credit card which is also attached to the flybuys reward scheme. I have no fees because I hold at least 500 NAB shares, although they did charge me the $65 fee one year and I had to get it refunded because of the shareholder discount (great dividends, but poor customer service - trying to get my statements via email was very difficult to achieve - and it shouldn't have been - someone gave me 2 id numbers so i have to remember to log in separately to see my statement with the id for that one - one id for my bank accounts and one for my credit card - wish that hadn't happened - they seem to blame the home loan stuff going on in 2010. Every time I have to alter eg a new credit card they stuff it up, and then I have to spend my time getting them to merge it all - what can I say about that. I get lots of points by ensuring i use the credit card for all purchases, flybuy points accrue from where you shop sometimes but also on the credit card transaction. I usually get a $10 reward each month. So I can get this either via a credit to use when I shop at flybuy partners eg coles, target, kmart, liquorland, first choice. So when the balance on the credit card at the end of the cycle comes along I get flybuy points on my flybuys eg when I pay my rates ie a lot of points - I think it is one point for each dollar spent, so rates being high at $1200 per quarter mean I get 1200 points just for that one transaction and when I have 2000 points I get $10 in reward points. The only problem is if you shop overseas/online to overseas businesses there are transaction fees eg Book Depository/Amazon, but have also found when i went on the a cruise (which I believed was Australian based - I still got charged those separate two fees because the parent coy wasn't Australian - the coy was really good about it & gave me the fees back, and no that wasn't NAB) I got hit with their transaction fees & exchange rate fees. So I do not use this credit card for anything overseas. If there is any fraud, they contact you asap, but it can take months to get the amount recredited, ie they want you to pay for someone else's fraud and then you have to keep following them up.

Card Start DateMarch 2004

NAB Platinum One

Not finding the exact type of NAB card, i wonder if they have forgotten me altogether. anyway, the card woks, but i find the rules of max points allowed per month on purchase less anything they consider business is a bit rich. The fees are built in to cover the cost of points and other transfer fees, so by limiting the points earned is another way to increase profit over service and fairness. I cant find any bank that is up front and honours all purchases, Talking to NAB is like talking to a brick wall. no doubt the others are just the same. Originally this card had no limit, but it has just been getting less attractive to stay.

Card Start DateJuly 1998
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Don't buy any tech product from your rewards point

Don't buy any technology product from your rewards point. Just redeem it to cash and buy from wherever you want. if you need to seek support for product fault then it is a nightmare.

Card Start DateJune 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

no problem experienced with reward points adding up in considerable time

no problem experienced with reward points adding up in considerable time. Did not have to pay for any annual fees do to having a home loan. There's quite a diversity in where we can use the points (which was mostly used for grocery shoppings)

Card Start DateJanuary 2018

Great Card for FlyBuy Rewards & Travel Insurance

Have had a NAB Card for along time. This Card is perfect for us. As we use it for everything, I can keep track of our spending. Rewards points add up quickly and are easy to spend and use. Have used it overseas and its fine, also get FREE Travel Insurance when using this card to pay for travel. Have never used it to transfer balance from another card, I have a dedicated card for that. Rewards are awesome and easy to redeem. Have a great credit limit on it to and don`t pay interest as card is always paid in full each month. All round its awesome. Love this card and will never bother to change.

Card Start DateJanuary 2009
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Good for Fly Buys rewards points

We find this credit card ok as we pay most things using it and as such get awarded Fly Buys points worth more than the annual fee. You need to use it for payment of about of $2000 very month to receive Fly Buy points worth more than the annual fee.
We use the points to use to purchase groceries etc at Coles (other places too).
We never transferred the balance of another credit card to this one so can't comment on that.
We have used it overseas without any problem although some countries including USA don't seem to be able to read the chip or allow input of a pin and so you have to sign most of the time. This could also happen with all other credit cards.
We also have a St George credit card for emergencies which does not have any annual fee but no rewards points either.

Worst credit card ever

I am about to close this card and has 721 reward points left, cannot redeem anything online, even with points + pay option, as it tells me not enough points. Called the reward team, the girl said sorry, with 721 points you cannot redeem anything, so it is going to be wasted! What a great experience, with 1 point on every dollar spend, it was $721 spend on the card, it will be wasted, and the redeem website do not even offer cash back option.

Stay away from this reward card, go for CBA credit card, at least you can use all your rewards point not waiting $721!

So much for customer service

Don't ever make the mistake of paying online for a purchase with your black Platinum Visa NAB card. If you decide to cancel your purchase and have the refund paid back into your Visa account, the NAB do not see this as payment of the purchase price and will charge you a late fee for non-payment because you didn't personally put the purchase amount back into the account!!! NAB's reasons for doing this are devoid of any feasible explanation - other, of course, than the obvious - they want the money in your account for their own purposes!!!!

Note: Once I informed the NAB that I had contacted the Royal Commission into Banking regarding this they very rapidly advised me that my account was paid up in total and that they would look into this dodgy banking practice.......too late! I had already let the Royal Commission know!!!

Worst experience and customer service

I ordered an iPhone 8 on 04/12/2017 and still have not received it until today. Called the rewards team after 2 weeks of waiting and requested to cancel my order, as I will be away during Christmas and New Year, I was told that someone will call me back to confirm if they can process my request but no one calls me back. So I called them again after New Year and was told they can't process my cancellation request and I have to wait for my order. This is the worst service and experience ever. My advice for everyone please redeem your points for digital gift cards instead.

Terrible service from the rewards team

I redeemed NAB rewards points and purchased some goods and still waiting for those items, obviously, now it has been more than two weeks, so I rang the rewards team to see what's happening with my items. Surprisingly they do not have any details to track my items and they have asked me to wait another 48 hours for them to get the tracking details (48 hours due tomorrow morning). That is really disappointing because I bought items from their store but they do not have any details to track them. As a leading bank, they should give a proper training and must revise their policies about their rewards system.

After few emails and complaints, NAB finally reloaded those points back to my credit card.

Worst ever choice!!!!

I have NAB Reward Platinum card. My first attempt to re-deem by points and it failed miserably. I have ordered Harvey Norman Gift Cards (not digital). NAB sent me email that I will receive it in 10 business days. I have planned accordingly and scheduled delivery. I was shifting my home and planned the time accordingly so that I could receive the Gift Cards in my mailbox well before I transfer my home.....
I did not get the cards after 8 working days, got little nervous and called Call Centre to check. They said they can not track as they are sent from Harvey Norman, but they should be there by 10th working Days and if not call us.
It did not come by 10th working day. I had 2 extra days on top of these 10 days, for my home shifting. It did not come in 12 working days. I called them, and got response that "There was a big order at Harvey Norman, and they could not deliver it in as planned in 10 working days. It will come anytime in next week". (Just to add my partner also ordered same cards through Westpac Reward Card, at same time, he received it in mailbox in 3 working days!!!!).
I have now shifted my home to a new area, I do not have keys to mailbox, as it is rented by a new tenant. I am chasing NAB Loyalty Team, and there response was, I need to open the mailbox and confirm that I did not receive it in mailbox. Ok....I went back to apartment and found that new tenant is overseas. I left message for new tenant, no luck. Chasing NAB loyalty team, they have said until you open mailbox we are not sure if you received it or not.
Now I am not sure, should I hack the mailbox. But NAB has given me no option but to stand outside my old apartment and track new tenant and open mailbox. Ridiculous!!!
NAB did not deliver card on time and I am penalised......