Natural Gas and Water

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rude and NO followup or service

I have NEVER experienced such rude service or abuse as I did from their receptionist, Tiffany. I have had 2 experiences and many phone calls to this company chasing them. First time, while fixing the evaporative cooler, they broke a part and promised to remedy it. Months past before they realised they hadn't invoiced us and then and only then did they follow up their promise to fix it. On that visit, I had them look at a gas fireplace remote control that was clicking over. Their staff member used the other remote control (we have 2 fireplaces) and disabled both remote controls and promised to call me back as soon as he knew more. He left us with 2 disabled fireplaces that had been working and we had no heating for the past winter. We never received a call or followup and couldn't follow up as we were about to depart for overseas. Thank goodness we were away in Europe for some time over winter. Upon returning home, we have followed up numerous times wanting the fireplaces rectified and put back to working order. Fast forward - after numerous calls and requesting that the technician who disabled the fireplaces return and rectify them, we had a visit from another of their technicians who told me that the fireplace needed a new gas valve and would need to be pulled apart to fix it. He promised to call me back with a quote, even though I questioned him on the fact that the fireplace worked before his colleague tampered with the remote control and underneath it. Again, no return call, no followup and when I called them, I received a lot of abuse from the lady called Tiffany who works for them. I asked if she owned the company and if not, to have the owner call me and told her that I would be posting a review and that we wanted nothing more to do with the company. No one ever called! This company is not worth the stress. I had to engage another gas company come out and look at the fireplace because of what they had done. 2 minutes later they had it working and stated it just needed a plug worth $30 and NOTHING was wrong with the fireplace as I suspected, nor the gas valve and absolutely did NOT need my fireplace pulled apart. My recommendation is deal with companies that know what they are doing! There are great companies out there and I would never deal with this one again.

Gas heater repair

Thanks to the team for almost immediate service to fix my elderly Mum's gas heater. The heater failed in the middle of winter and a NGW tech attended within an hour of my mother calling for assistance. Absolutely first class!

Outstanding customer service (thank you Tiffany!)

Great communication and fantastic customer service by both Tiffany and Chris, who came out to fix out heater on a very cold winter Saturday morning. After getting the run around by the company who installed the heater (who were no help at all), then Brivis and Rinnai, Tiffany from Natural Gas and Water came to our rescue and sorted out an urgent service for us with no drama, on very short notice. They could teach their competition a thing or two about customer service. THANK YOU.

Very unprofessional customer service

Dear Manager/Natural Gas and Water, Gungahlin ACT,
I am mailing to report the very poor quality of customer service by your front desk staff person.
Further to my telephone call yesterday, I was advised to expect someone visit my home today/Tuesday 07.02.17 between 1 and 5pm to look into the faulty cooling system.
Since no one arrive by 4.30pm, I called your office only to be "advised" by the front desk staff person that: "although I may have said Tuesday, I actually meant Friday", this was followed by a cursory apology and an almost accusing excuse: "I handle a million calls a day".
I don't appreciate the tone nor attitude of your front desk staff person and wish you would look in to this matter.
After all, I am calling to pay for your services which contribute to this person's pay cheque and I don't appreciate being spoken to as if I am to blame and have nothing better to do and sit around for her confusion.
A very dissatisfied customer and a wasted afternoon.

Excellent service and workmanship

Top service provided on a short notice weekend job to try and fix then replace our HWS. Excellent company. Would recommend to anyone.

Prompt Plus!

The team at Natural Gas and Water were helpful and efficient. At short notice, Natural Gas and Water supplied and installed our new hot water system within the day. Thank you!

Amazing value for money- great quality service

We got over 6 quotes for ducted gas heating and these guys were the cheapest by far. They aren't advertised much on the web because they don't spend much on advertising- instead they are able to give the customer a better price. The only way I found NGW was by calling ActewAGL for a quote to get our old heater unit fixed at our new home- turns out that ActewAGL outsources to NGW. The NGW employee told us that the old heater was over 18 years old and that we should replace it. He then said he'd hate to charge us for a call out just to tell us that so he said he could either charge for the call out and the piece to fix it or he could leave then and not charge at all. He gave us the card for NGW and suggested we call for a quote on getting a new system installed.

So that's exactly what we did- along with 5 other quotes. NGW was nearly $2,000 less than some of the companies and the guy who came to quote (a different NGW employee from before) gave us a very helpful tip as to why we were getting such poor performance with our original system. I wondered why they were so much cheaper but then remembered that ActewAGL trusts the enough to represent their name so I didn't hesitate and went with them. Four months after installation we have yet to be disappointed. They even gave us a better system (higher energy star) than the one we were originally quoted for because they had it in stock- all for the same price. We plan to stay with them for anything to do with our natural gas heat and water. We don't even feel the need to shop around to ensure the best deal- these guys are it!
Price, value, reliable, quality service and materials, helpful workmen

Very happy to have found these guys...

Was shopping around for someone to install my gas fireplace, called these guys and when they were at my house to give me a quote I mentioned that wanted a continuous gas hot water system, as well.
Thank god I did cos he said they were the Rianni service agents in Canberra and they sell and install the units too. Much better priced than the ACTEW shop. And their quote for the heater was much less than I had been quoted by other installers...

So they did both jobs on the same day and I couldn't be happier.

I just want trades people who are good at what they do, are considerate of my house, turn up when they say they will and don't screw me on price, of course....

These guys tick all the boxes.
Very well priced, very tidy job, well organized...