• Rates and Fees
Michael
MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quick processing - very impressed.

I changed our electricity to Energy Locals to save money. The change was done on my iPhone and I slipped up. Energy Locals contacted me to sort my incomplete signup. I checked my concessions were registered and completed the signup which was a quick process. After the cooling off period we will be switched over shortly thereafter.

Brett F.Energy Locals

Thanks for the feedback Michael, we really appreciate it. Brett - Head of Customer Operations

Bannon T.
Bannon T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service is a joke

VanessaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Late fees applied too easily and a lack of reliable Customer Service

lylabelle7Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

This company has continued to take centerpay deductions from a DSP since 2019 despite them not being a supplier of any service or having any contact whatsoever with the tenant. Tried to contact support for immediate refund and explanation. No one at all until Monday.
Not even chat or email or social media.

It comes to $2940.

Ben and Kelly d.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Long wait for a resolution on Solar Feed in - I ended up leaving

Michelle M.Energy Locals
Ben and Kelly d.

Thanks for the call - appreciated.

Ben and Kelly d.

Funny how quickly this company responds to feedback made on a public place like this, which makes them look responsive, but in the end I STILL DONT HAVE THIS ISSUE RESOLVED four weeks later.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Philip DHunter Region, NSW

Long wait to get my call answered made worse by unwanted recorded voice ramblings

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Update: a callback feature is currently being tested and if it all goes well it will hopefully launch within a week. Adrian

Philip D

Thank you for the super-quick response, Adrian.

bellysmelly
bellysmellyAU

Tick all the boxes

Energy Locals haven't missed a beat. I really like their ethos and lower bills.

I left my last provider 3 years ago because they wouldn't match their own offer for new customers.

Just phoned Energy Locals and in 10 minutes I was on a better plan. Australian based call centre, less than one minute hold time. Easy peasy.

Can't wait until they do gas too!

Excellent service, communication and great prices

Having electricity connected at a new address in Sydney in a hurry and a delayed disconnection at previous address on the far north coast of NSW is confusing and a stress when already undertaking such a large move. Energy Locals were so helpful and Hannah was extremely empathetic to my difficult move. I had done my due diligence and checked prices etc for the new location and Energy Locals remains competitive.
Connection was seamless and a transfer the next day. At previous address, I only experienced blackouts when the entire area was without power and couldn’t attribute and problems to Energy Locals.
I just wish they had gas as well.

John Wheatley
John Wheatley

Power to suit my Pocket

Reviewed all the retailers and found Energy Locals was the best supply price and solar rebate price in combination, since joining them I found them very easy to correspond with.

Brett F.Energy Locals

Thanks for the feedback John, we really appreciate it.

Misleading on pricing swiched

Switched to energy locals in December 2020 in a combined deal with tesla power wall .we were told price would be 22% below market default price,you need to realise other retailer's are also below the market default price.in our case our previous supplier (Origin ) was 14% below the market Default price.
So the saving was 8% some of that was gobbled up in different charges.was it worth the switch, probably not.
Promising billing monthly, first bill came in three months.

roger s.

O the little savings you mentioned,
If we saved $1.00 you would say we are better off.the question is how much better off are energy locals.

Susy
SusySydney, NSW

Ethical, Sustainable, Simple, Honest

I've been with Energy Locals for a few years now and highly recommend them. They cut out the nonsense gimmicky "discounts" that other companies offer (then expire), and they are focussed on green energy and sustainability. Great company.

Unimpressed
UnimpressedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Utterly Useless.

From contacting me two days prior to moving in to advise that they couldn't find the property in their database that I was moving into, after booking in the connection a month prior, to not being able to advise when a bill could be issued on three separate occasions in two months, to being told I can go elsewhere if I wasn't happy with that (which I did) the company itself gave a clear indication that while they may offer cheap prices they couldn't be relied upon to provide simple customer service. Pathetic and the lack of care from staff is astounding.

ServicesElectricity
Redo 47
Redo 47Southwest, VIC

Cheaper electricity prices

Switched electricity providers as the KWh charge was nearly 6 cents cheaper and the supply charge 40 cents per day less than current supplier .
Went through the Vic Gov compare site took 15 minutes to set up the change

Brett F.Energy Locals

Thanks for the feedback Redo 47, much appreciated.

JasonSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service , i will start looking for other provider now

I Signed with energy locals , have have since required a controlled load metering connection to be installed to my smart meter that was installed by them , have sent many emails to arrange this however no reply , even emailed Adrian direct , no reply , so called (40min wait time) , on 19th Jan they said they have received the email etc and it is with the metering department and will be actioned 14 days , did not hear from them so I called again again , was on hold 20mins , talked to lady , gave details etc she said that there was nothing in the system , very poor customer service she said that she will sort it out , however i hold not faith in the staff or the company , am in process of looking some ware else

Jason

Adrian sure email you on the Jan28 time 2:05pm to adrian.merrick@energylocals.com.au

PeterB
PeterBCentral, SA

ENERGY WHO????????????

Got electricity from this mob quite quick as well as my first bill. Bill did not take off my pensioner discount nor my government subsidised solar input. I have challenged this account on many occasions but have been totally ignored by EnergyLocals, not even an acknowledgement. Public relations skills are totally lacking. Please think twice about signing up with them.

Rates and Fees

Bob M.asked

My system generates more energy than i use. Why is my battery discharged to the grid and solar production diverted to the grid leaving me having to buy energy and PAY for it?

Brett F.Energy Locals

Morning Bob, I'll send you a private note to get your account details, and I'll have a look at your account.

Bob M.

Was contacted by a representative of Energy Locals and after some discussion was told "well that's the way it works".
So, after investing $$$$$ to eliminate electric bills, i'll still have to pay for energy because Energy Locals can discharge my battery to the grid at will, and then divert my solar output to the grid instead of charging my battery even though it leaves me having to buy energy for essential purposes. I'm 65 and wont run my heating now. The solar systems are a good thing but need to be managed for our benefit not the benefit of the grid or the "community" ?, after all the energy is generated by OUR systems. Don't swallow the sales talk, read the fine print people.

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Hi Bob, I run Energy Locals and would like to investigate this to see what's happening. Please give me until the end of tomorrow so fully dig into it. My direct email is adrian.merrick@energylocals.com.au
Thank you, Adrian - Founder, Energy Locals

johnmacasked

hi i have just joined up with your company i sent a email requesting how to pay account as i like to have account in credit but no answer has come back cant see any where how to access account to make payments

Valmorph
Valmorph

You can just pay more towards your account at any time on the website with Bpay, credit card and direct debit options.

You already should know your member number - it will be in the welcome email.

The only way you can't pay *until you get your first bill* is BPAY as you won't know the Bpay reference number until you get tht 8 digit number (most likely you member number + 1 random digit). Potentially the quickest way to get this piece of info is to just give them a phone call to find out what that is. They usually answer quick.

Without the Bpay reference number, the easiest ways to to pay before you get the bill is to set up a direct debit or creditcard payment, both options available on their website - a quick search for 'energy locals pay' will guide to the correct pages quickly

Direct debit
You can set up what they call 'Smooth Pay' which is a fortnightly debit that you can set up on their website.

This is however automatic and repetitive, and if you are like me and don't like automatic and like to pay at time that you are in control of, then you are left withe credit card options, that incur a 1% surcharge.

Credit card options available at anytime on their website and all you need to know is your member number which you will have in your welcome email

Hope that helps

johnmac

ill give them a ring but don't think i am likening this company no reply to email i sent gee if they can not answer email Plus few things Ive been reading maybe Ive made a bad choice stll got 10 days to pull out

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Hi Johnmac, one of my team has checked all possible customer account names that are similar to your username here without success. Please could you let me know your full name so we can look into the specifics? As fun as productreview is, I'd like to get straight to the root cause and fix whatever might be wrong. Thanks, Adrian - Founder, Energy Locals - adrian.merrick@energylocals.com.au PS thank you Valmorph for answering the payment method question.

Jeff Pasked

So if I agree to join the SA virtual power plant I am locked to $356.25 minimum each quarter ? locked for two years regardless of how much I don't use? so Solar panels and a Powerwall and still get charged ? as a small house with two pensioners this does not seem fair..

Jeff P

and if you go to another supplier you still never own or use any of the electricity forever!

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Hi Jeff, thanks for your question. It looks like you got the minimum $356.25 per quarter from the price disclaimer. Regulations require us to add this disclaimer so that customers can compare offers on a like-for-like basis. The total cost you list is based on a customer using an average amount of power. However, you will only pay for the amount you use. If you use less than average, you'll pay less than this average amount.
If you switch to another retailer you'll lose access to the solar PV and Tesla Powerwall that will be installed at your home and will also lose access to the benefit of backup power.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. Kind regards, Adrian - Founder, Energy Locals - adrian.merrick@energylocals.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Energy Locals representatives