Listing monitored by Energy Locals

Pros

Clean energy
Cheap rates
Easy to switch over

• Rates and Fees
Aussie P.
Aussie P.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Ethical Aussie Start-Up

We're really happy to support an Aussie Start-Up striving to provide a service AND care for our earth. We had electricity installed and very happy we can opt for the small extra amount to use green energy 100%. Very reliable in starting days.

Review collected in partnership with Energy Locals

Robyn66Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I hope the next steps in the Tesla Energy Plan are better organised

I'm very happy to sign up to the Tesla Energy Plan but to have to sit for five minutes going back through the calendar for 76 YEARS is a really offputting process. Why can't I just write in my birth date?

Adrian MerrickEnergy LocalsSend a private message
Robyn66

I was using my desktop computer.

Refreshingly helpful!

Steve was very helpful explaining the different rates, so I was happy to change to a new plan, as a consequence! He showed me how I could save money on my electricity bills.

FrancineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

helpful beautiful team energy locals

The greatest gift of all was to receive my TESLA home energy solar and battery backup, this has been such an amazing experience for myself to have this opportunity, and the team at ENERGY LOCALS are FANTASTIC I will give these guys a 5-star rating because they truly do deserve it, I have a little quote that I share ((make your day mean something)). I KNOW THESE GUYS DO.

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Francine

remember make your day mean something.

Brett F.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Oh, Francine, what a beautiful review to leave, thank you so much, we certainly do try! Thanks, Brett - Head of Customer Operations.

Rita
RitaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First Rate Customer Service by Steve H

I called to enquire about the upcoming electricity price rise, currently with simply energy. Did not understand the pricing, Steve H answered my call and went out of his way to explain the price rise that simply energy are pursuing and the comparison with energy locals, explained the new pricing to come in July. Steve H was very professional, genuine, honest and informative. The Best customer service experience by far. I will be changing supplier over to Energy Locals.

Philip B.
Philip B.Southwest, VIC

5 stars for the powewall2 we will see about the virtual power plant all in good

Our Powerwall 2 is great, hopefully so will changing to Tesla / Energy Locals will be just as good
Natural Solar supplied our Powerwall 2 and it has saved us $$$$ already. If it saves us money and benefits the community then it’s a no brainer. Let us know if you supply gas ????

ServicesElectricity

Frances
FrancesSydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Support

I switched my electricity from Reamped to Energy Locals (EL) lately. The transfer was quick and smooth, because I have a smart meter it took a few days to transfer. I submitted 2 online enquires to EL in early June 2022, however I did not receive anything from them in more than 1 week. I understand EL staff must be busy lately with new customers joining and EOFY etc, so I decided to contact Ryan on Product Review earlier this week, Ryan replied to me promptly and asked his colleague Robi to contact me and solved all my problems within 24 hours! I am impressed with their service and support so far. Thank you.

Ryan M.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Hi Frances, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the positive feedback you have provided regarding your recent experience with Energy Locals! I am pleased we were able to assist you and resolve all of your queries. Thank you, Ryan

How to reduce your heating costs this winter

Winter is here, and with it, higher power bills. Stay warm during the colder months without breaking the bank by following our practical tips on how to reduce your heating costs.

Clara V.
Clara V.
how-to-reduce-your-heating-costs-this-winter
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Choose Wisely
Choose WiselySydney, NSW

Good company making a difference in a tough market

Marc B.
Marc B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Setup of Account

I had some changes re the setup of my account and Maddie got in touch with me promptly and got everything sorted out extremely quickly. Website setup is also very user friendly and informative

Ryan M.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Thank you for the review Marc! We're very pleased to hear about your positive customer experience and feedback regarding our website. Thanks, Ryan, Manager - Sales & Service

Elizabeth K
Elizabeth K

Great customer experience so far

Their customer service guys are very kind and generous unlike some other companies . Steven, Mustafa, Chandra these guys helped me regarding late fees and refunds. Highly recommend their customer service for their generosity.

ServicesElectricity
Ryan M.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Thank you for leaving a review Elizabeth! We're very pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate the feedback. Thanks, Ryan, Manager - Sales & Service

Balázs
BalázsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sustainability rules

Switch from ReAmped as they actually urged me due to potentially doubling electricity prices. I am happy that I found a company, that is conscious of environmental concepts and sustainability

Rates and Fees
Brett F.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Thanks for leaving the review, it's certainly a crazy time in the energy market at the moment. We appreciate that you have chosen Energy Locals as your new energy supplier. Thanks, Brett - Head of Customer Operations.

Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service!

Super easy sign up process for electricity. The website has lots of information and really easy to access my usage data. Prices are very reasonable for renewable power. I like their ethics and values, definitely the best choice retailer.

Brett F.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Thank you Elizabeth for taking the time to leave that review, we really appreciate and are glad you found the signup process super easy, thanks, Brett - Head of Customer Operations.

Michael O.
Michael O.

These guys are awesome

Recently I had a problem with my Tesla Powerwall, and the support I received from Energy Locals was exceptional. Even though it was not their issue, Energy Locals support specialists (Steve and Lucinda) went above and beyond liaising with Tesla when I could not get through to anyone who cared.

After many attempts, Steve found someone at Tesla who actually knew what the issue was. The system got fixed, saving me lots of money and headache.

I highly recommend Energy Locals. Their support guys are legends.

Ajw
Ajw

Easy to work with, great ethics

Had a small issue, no problem resolving it fairly quickly. (Who expects instant responses these days?) Very happy to support a company who have a different business model and have great ethics.

Brett F.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Thanks Ajw, we certainly do try, we might not get it right the first time every time, but we certainly work hard to resolve issues when we find out about them. Thanks, Brett - Head of Customer Operations.

Blowfly
BlowflySydney, NSW

Retailer to be trusted

Dealing with this retailer is both honest and efficient, as well as good value for money. Well done. I thoroughly recommend them to all and sundry. And I often do, face to face.

Brett F.Energy LocalsSend a private message

Thanks Blowfly, I do hope you're taking advantage of our referral program and scoring yourself a nice referral bonus for anyone that signs up. Thanks, Brett - Head of Customer Operations

Jim K
Jim Kasked

The Tesla VPP plan, will this leave me with no energy on my battery at all for myself? I’m in the Ausgrid network area and there’s nothing on there about whether my battery will be getting cycled 100 times a year or 1000, unlike other areas they are guaranteed to be 50 cycles a year only.

Aussie P.
Aussie P.asked

Does a concession card include a Seniors Card pls?

jim
jimasked

Is there a rate designed for EV charging ?

Adrian MerrickEnergy LocalsSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Energy Locals representatives

Plans from Energy Locals

Residential plans

There are residential plans available; the pricing and options of which depend specifically on where you live. (If you live in an apartment you’ll likely need to know your NMI, or National Meter Identifier).

You can choose to become a local member or an online member, with a slightly higher cost per month for local members. In addition to rates, there is a membership cost of around $18 a month for local members, or $13 for online members.

Business plans

The costs for business/commercial plans also depend on your location. There is a $29.99 monthly membership fee for businesses, charged in addition to rates on a flat-rate tariff. There is the option of a 7-cent solar feed in tariff.

For both residential and business plans, there are no lock-in contracts or exit fees, so you can cancel any time without financial stress.

Points of praise

• Overall, Energy Locals was described as an ethical and transparent power company that does a great job of providing renewable sources of energy to customers.
  • Low rates are another welcome bonus of signing up with this energy company.
  • Reviewers happily reported that the process of switching providers to Energy Locals was a pleasantly seamless process. Staff were helpful and efficient, the set-up was quick, and there was often no interruption to energy services.
CategoryEnergy Providers

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now