2Energy Locals

1,433 reviews
Carolyn
Carolyn
 Pinned

Best power company I have ever been signed up for

Do yourself a favour and switch today. Best price, ease of use, communication and personalised service. Maddie even helped me to see if there were ways I could save even more money with my power bills by offering to switch my plan! Which power company does that??!! Run don't walk and join this progressive and 100% Australian owned and operated company.
  • Services: Electricity
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Energy Locals   DM

Hi Carolyn, This is an amazing read, thank you for your wonderful feedback we are so happy to hear you are having a great experience with Energy Locals.

Please reach out if you require any assistance, the team is always on standby.

Regards,
Nick -National Customer Service Manager

Emma S.
Emma S.Sydney, NSW

Fabulous Customer Service Marion

Marion provided an excellent, helpful, expeditious and professional service.
She has a lovely manner and solves all problems courteously. Show details ·  1
Margaret Wing
Margaret WingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

very pleasant

My direct debit was taken out without a bill being sent first. I rang and talked to Caleb, who was most helpful and courteous and offered me a discount on my next bill which was most appreciated. Problem fixed for the future too Show details ·  1
Jocelyn.
Jocelyn.

Thankyou Varsha

Varsha made my day by clearly explaining my bill and helping me decide on ways to alter my energy consumption. Thankyou! Jocelyn. Show details ·  1
John
John

Power costs

To check on electricity chargers to see if it can be reduced. Show details ·  1

JTM
JTM

Responsive and effective call centre

Called the call centre which was answered within a couple of minutes. My issue was resolved easily by Caleb who also went the extra mile to find out for me why my bill was an estimation only (the metre had not been read) After making a couple of enquiries he got straight back to me with a reason and advised that next quarter's bill will adjust as needed. Show details ·  1
Poppy
Poppy

Happy Customer

Thank you to the lovely Rachael for setting me up with my gas and electricity at my new premises. Was a very easy set up and she was so lovely and professional. Show details ·  1
Lynda
LyndaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Efficient

Caleb was very polite and helped with payment of my account. Show details ·  1
Louise Kolff
Louise KolffRichmond-Tweed, NSW3 posts

Excellent service with focus on sustainability

Energy Locals are a great power company. Customer service is excellent, and I love their focus on ethics and sustainability. Show details ·  2

Phil
Phil

Help

Caleb was very helpful and understanding
Thankyou for the help Show details ·  1
nessa r.
nessa r.2 posts

Happy !

Nice and easy to deal with , Debbie help me to disconnect my service Show details ·  1
Claire
ClaireLaunceston, TAS

New client

Thorough, respectful and knowledgeable regarding his product. As a new user I had questions that were answered and reassured me I was making the right decision in choosing Energy Locals. Show details ·  1
Andrea
Andrea

Call experience

I just made a call to connect my services and Debbie was very friendly and helpful over the phone :) Show details ·  1
Paul G.
Paul G.

Energy locals

Quick and efficient service for update of account regards Paul a Gibson Show details ·  1
Karynk
Karynk

Great service, very helpful. The customer service person went above and beyond to assist. Show details ·  1

T and K
T and K

I've recently joined Energy Locals and have tried to chat, but it's either through Messenger (which I don't have) or a bot. How can I chat with a human? Is there a particular phrase the bot will understand and transfer the chat to a person? Over the phone is no good for me.

Energy Locals   DM

Hi There, Thanks for your message, you can email us at hello@energylocals.com.au our team are quick at replying to our customers and confident we can answer all your queries.

Regards
Nick -National Customer Service Manager

levend62

Hi, Joined on the 14th of July the first bill arrived and the prices are outrageous to what I signed up for so much so, way over even from the big companies agl, energy au by quite a bit. Adding the member fee is not viable as first given.
How can you say you only charge member fees to keep the rest at bought prices? Only to inflate those prices? Not to mention the spam messages about me introducing my friends to this company. Thought the law states no false advertising this goes beyond that.

levend62

Sorry already moved better with the devil I know than the one I don't.

Energy Locals   DM

no worries, if you change your mind, please send the details we can at least take a look to ensure you are on the best deal. Thanks

quochuy
quochuy

The My Usage page for my account only shows Off Peak, Shoulder, Feed-in and Controlled Load. I can't see Peak hours usage. Looks like it's counted in Shoulder time usage. Is that normal?

Energy Locals   DM

Yes that is normal, It’s in the low season so you only have shoulder and off peak this will then change for winter i believe this occurs in June. Kind Regards,
Nick

Plans from Energy Locals

Residential plans

There are residential plans available; the pricing and options of which depend specifically on where you live. (If you live in an apartment you’ll likely need to know your NMI, or National Meter Identifier).

You can choose to become a local member or an online member, with a slightly higher cost per month for local members. In addition to rates, there is a membership cost of around $18 a month for local members, or $13 for online members.

Business plans

The costs for business/commercial plans also depend on your location. There is a $29.99 monthly membership fee for businesses, charged in addition to rates on a flat-rate tariff. There is the option of a 7-cent solar feed in tariff.

For both residential and business plans, there are no lock-in contracts or exit fees, so you can cancel any time without financial stress.

Points of praise

• Overall, Energy Locals was described as an ethical and transparent power company that does a great job of providing renewable sources of energy to customers.
  • Low rates are another welcome bonus of signing up with this energy company.
  • Reviewers happily reported that the process of switching providers to Energy Locals was a pleasantly seamless process. Staff were helpful and efficient, the set-up was quick, and there was often no interruption to energy services.
CategoryEnergy Providers

Fri8:30 am - 6:00 pm
SatClosed
SunClosed
  • ABN: 23606408879

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now