3.8

• Rates and Fees

Terrible customer service

I have been with Energy Locals for several years on the one plan and decided to change to another plan in September. Come October I did not receive an invoice so chased them up. Come November I still had not received an invoice so chase them up yet again (notice how I am doing the chasing up - they never called me back). In the meantime I had someone visit my house to disconnect the electricity! Luckily I was at home to tell them not to. Finally received my invoice for the last couple of months last Thursday with a completely different address to mine and also I am still on my old plan. Can't rely on these guys anymore and am sick of doing the chasing up (I thought as a small businesses they would be trying to maximise their cashflow).

Tim & Gillian

Tim & GillianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Switching to Energy Locals

I heard about Energy Locals on a FB post. I have done some calculations, and if the Energy Locals rates are all correct, we would have saved $150 on our last electricity bill (from Simply Energy). So I have switched and now trust that we will reap the savings in the months to come.

rmd_auAdelaide

Very expensive and horrible customer service

My bill was huge despite living in a small household. I received multiple threatening emails despite making payment arrangements with them. It's also annoying I have to call to make a payment arrangement and cannot make it through an online account.

rmd_au

Hi Adrian. I requested an off-peak plan but didn't get it, so the bill was huge. Disputing the bill didn't help either.

Find out how Energy Locals compares to other Energy Providers

Energy provider selection made easy

I am a high user of energy and have also installed solar to reduce the cost of the energy bills, my current supplier reduced the solar input credit rate and increased the supply rate, I reviewed many energy providers and concluded the energy locals provided a less expensive service for the supply.

mickwillIllawarra, NSW

Sign up was easy but too early to tell how well the system will work.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back

Zero Carbon Electricity from a Genuine Australian Company with scruples

I have recently installed an electric vehicle charging station and have 3 phase power. The team at Energy Locals have been amazing. They are genuinely supportive and sought a solution to make sure my car charging was as cheap as possible. I love the fact the power is sourced sustainability and that a portion of profits go to support surf Life saving (in my case). I have had some delays with metering however that is due to the metering party and not Energy Locals.
I would highly recommend to anyone.
Thanks Adrian and team,
Dan

Caitlin C.

Caitlin C.Sydney, NSW

Excellent prices and green energy options.

Newly transferring to Energy Locals, their online interface it appealing and easy to navigate. All fees were made quite clear. The are just generally cheaper than out current provider and it's clear they care about the environment which is a big plus for my household.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Attractive alternative to other company

I have been with Origin for several years, but high prices has inspired a move. Recently had solar system installed and so am making the change: Energy locals promises to be competitive. Australian based support centre is an important factor in making this decision.

Kaniss

KanissSydney

Expensive

I signed up a few months ago hoping to get a cheaper price. Moved over from Origin. Far from it. My bills went up way higher than what I paid with Origin... Energy locals also scam you with a membership fee ontpo of daily supply charge.. lol Membership to what? Avoid.

NickSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Australian based support and low prices

I'm a customer of Energy Locals for about 3 years, moving the house twice. Any issues I had has been resolved swiftly. Having Australian based support center is so easy to deal comparing to offshore call centers. Prices are low, plans are simple with no hidden costs and on top they share something like half of the profit to your charity of choice. You can contribute to some of the iconic NPO such as Surf Guards!

Unknowns

UnknownsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Smart Meter install, Disappointed. (For My Solar Panels)

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST. NO TRANSPARENCY, ALL EMPTY PROMISES AND LIES

Thoy T.
Thoy T.

good rates

Good rates, all Australian best company and again really great precises. I have just joined Energy Locals, advised by a compare vic. I got through the entire sign-up process my my self

Rudi

RudiSouthern and Hills, SA

New Customer

Joined their Tesla plan, the customer service that Oliver from the call centre provided when I joined was excellent. Best experience for years. Their rates are on par with the rates of my previous supplier where I was getting a 32% discount on the energy charge, Simply Energy had a supply charge of around $90 a quarter, there is no supply charge with Energy Locals.

A.V.

A.V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

excellent customer service

I have just joined Energy Locals, advised by a friend. I got through the entire sign-up process guided by Oliver via the online chat and Adrian on the phone, and then via email. They answered all my questions and explained each step to me. I understood how they work and so I decided to join them. This first experience with them is very promising :)

Find out how Energy Locals compares to other Energy Providers

Complete nightmare! AVOID AVOID!

Highly incompetent staff, messed up my application and breached my privacy by accessing credit information. They then lied about it when they were found out. They are not transparent, dishonest and play games. Nick from the credit department is a pathological liar and unscrupulous. Please avoid at all costs.

Truth2Power
Truth2Power
ADB

ADBSydney

Best electricity company in Australia

No matter what problem that might arise (which is very rare), they'll answer the phone right away and actually listen to you very patiently and always find a way to solve what ever it might be. Pricing is very fare with none of your 'fake discount' that most companies do. It's just cheap to begin with but with the service!

Energy Locals

I had the pleasure of recently connecting our business to Energy Locals and would recommend them 1000%

Through no fault of their own we had a weird situation with our electricity meter. Oliver was such a pleasure to work with, his focus and professionalism together with a “whatever it takes” attitude had the problem corrected in next to no time.

Oliver kept me updated throughout the whole process with phone calls, which is something that rarely happens. Big Thanks to the Energy Locals crew.

More expensive than AGL

Used energy locals for more than a year and find them very expensive, averages around $500 per quarter, highest bill was $697, they charges late payment fees for payment only 1 day late, doesnt accept payment at auspost. switched to agl and electricity bills dropped to $450. I will not recommend energy locals to anyone.

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Would not recommend at all

My 80 year old + parents signed up but after my father passed away it took 4 phone calls and 6 months to get bills changed to mum's name. Bills are also higher than their last supplier

Jeff Pasked

So if I agree to join the SA virtual power plant I am locked to $356.25 minimum each quarter ? locked for two years regardless of how much I don't use? so Solar panels and a Powerwall and still get charged ? as a small house with two pensioners this does not seem fair..

Jeff P

and if you go to another supplier you still never own or use any of the electricity forever!

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Hi Jeff, thanks for your question. It looks like you got the minimum $356.25 per quarter from the price disclaimer. Regulations require us to add this disclaimer so that customers can compare offers on a like-for-like basis. The total cost you list is based on a customer using an average amount of power. However, you will only pay for the amount you use. If you use less than average, you'll pay less than this average amount.
If you switch to another retailer you'll lose access to the solar PV and Tesla Powerwall that will be installed at your home and will also lose access to the benefit of backup power.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. Kind regards, Adrian - Founder, Energy Locals - adrian.merrick@energylocals.com.au

Victoria

Victoriaasked

do you need a smart meter?

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

Hi Victoria, no you don’t need a smart meter for our main products, although if you have solar your network company may require a smart meter so you can export unused solar. Apart from that we can support whatever meter you already have. Thanks, Adrian - Founder, Energy Locals

Hi Vic,

As per Adrian reply, no need a smart meter. We currently don’t have one.

Not happy Jane

Not happy Janeasked

We've new meter install yesterday 08/01/2020 and I've been checking with my Tesla app, our powerwall is 100% full but Power Flow keep showing we're buying of the grid, day and night. why?

Adrian MerrickEnergy Locals

HI Jane, are you on the Tesla Energy Plan in South Australia? If so, the Tesla software may send energy from the grid to your battery but don't worry - you won't pay for this and you'll see credits for this grid charging on your bill. Please flick me a note if you have any further queries or send over screenshots and we'll work with our friends at Tesla to provide extra information. Thanks, Adrian - Founder, Energy Locals - adrian.merrick@energylocals.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Energy Locals representatives