Great Customer Service
Had an issue getting power connected but was helped by Maureen on the support team to get everything running smoothly. Her customer support was friendly and she was very patient!Show details
Mia was very helpful in helping with my electricity payment plan situation. Very helpful in finding out other options of my payments. She reassured me by giving me her email that i could email to her if i needed to change my payment plan dates.Show details
Great customer support experience
Mark was very helpful and answered my questions quickly and clearly. Very happy with the support I received.Show details
Fantastic customer experience
Well done Ryan thanks for assisting me with my Gas & Electricity today. Shout out to Mark for following through. Easy and highly recommend.Show details
Four questions solved in one call
We were very happy with our conversation with Maureen. She added my husband's pensioner card to our Gas account so that we could obtain a concessional discount. She set up direct debit payments. She extended our payment date for our first payment for a few extra days so the due payment could be direct debited. No wait time to be connected to Maureen. I did need to wait about 3 minutes to find out how much concession discount we received on our first bill. Overall, Maureen is an expert in these matters with a friendly manner and professional attitude.Show details
So easy to chat and process changeover!
Teo and Mark were friendly, easy to understand, knowledgeable, quick to respond to questions, prompt to activate an account and professional. A happy experience to talk to 'real' people! Excellent work, guys - your company should be proud of youShow details
Use our energy plans comparison tool
Maureen and Jose were very helpful and friendly
Setting up my electricity and gas with Maureen and Jose was very easy, i found them to be very friendly and helpful.Show details
Maureen and Teodulfo made my transition from AGL to CovaU seamless.
Great customer service, excellent rates!
I signed up because of the cheap gas prices and was impressed with how easy the process was. There was a hiccup with the transfer from my previous provider and Jhon provided an exceptional personal service to get this sorted, checking in and giving me regular updates via email. Early days, but so far, I'm very impressed.Show details
Ana was very friendly and quickly understood what I needed & promptly & satisfactory resolved the issue.Show details
Use our energy plans comparison tool
Bhrigette was very helpful, friendly & patient. A thoroughly pleasant customer experience over the phone.Show details
Promises made and never kept
I was phoned and offered to come back across after I left them for a cheaper rate company. I was promised a percentage discount off both my accounts and found when I received my first bills it was only given to one of my accounts. After many calls and speaking to 3 different customer service I was told by the 3rd person my issues would be sent to their Sales team and they would email me or call me. this was 2 weeks ago and have received no contact. Offering discounts to entice consumers to come back to them and not giving these is very unprofessional. Be wary of offers they may say they will give you. They will not keep their promisesShow details
Ana was clear concise and friendly she dealt with my problem quickly then gave me extra advice on navigating the system which was very helpfulShow details
Use our energy plans comparison tool
Worst Energy Supplier in Australia
This company is definitely the worst Energy Supplier in Australia, Please don’t get fooled with the customer service >> It is only for the first time to hook customer, after that, they will slay you with every bills!!
1. They never do the meter reading, send bills on assumption according to last year Usage.
2. Called them and emailed them numerous times to send me invoice with the correct meter reading, but they never do So !
3. Alternatively, I have emailed them the actual meter photo with date and time , for them to adjust bill according to t
Customer service from Covau Excellent
Spoke to a customer service rep named sky from Covau. He was able to complete my request even at night 10.30 pm. He was pretty quick and helped me straight away. I would definitely recommend Covau for their service.Show details
Questions & Answers
For Residential Electricity at postcode 2164, why does the CovaU website only offer the "Freedom Online" plan at "28% more than the reference price" and the "Freedom" plan for "31% more than the reference price"? Isn't the whole point of attracting new customers to offer pricing below the reference price? Or have I missed something?
How can I trust such a company that clearly posts hundreds of fake reviews here?
Hi Joe, sorry we missed your question here. All reviews directly come from our customers. We recommend that both bad and good experiences be shared so that we can continue to learn from our mistakes and strive to deliver the best service possible.
I didn't receive the first couple of paper statements when I first signed up and since my concession card was updated have not received my state-based concession details on the paper bill....also am having trouble finding where my total bill is up to.
Hi Alexandra, good day! May we ask for you account number so we can review your account and have one of our representative contact you today?
Get an answer from our members and CovaU Energy representatives
- CovaU’s electricity plans allow you to sign up for electricity or gas sources for fuel. If you have a solar installation at your home or business, CovaU also provides solar plans, complete with feed-in tariffs to compensate for any surplus solar energy produced by your panels.
- There is also a GreenPower plan, which draws on renewable energy from sustainable Australian sources. This plan is also approved by the government’s GreenPower program.
- 24/7 customer service support is available online and over the phone.
- There are no lock-in contracts, just month-to-month plans that can be cancelled. This makes it more convenient to trial the service without worrying it might not be right for you.
- Each plan comes with a complimentary CovaU Reward membership, which makes customers eligible for discounts and benefits with 4, 500 businesses.
Points of praise
- CovaU provided prompt and efficient customer service that’s delivered in a friendly and helpful way to satisfied customers. This included the straightforward resolution of issues or problems customers had with their accounts or plans.
- The fact that queries can be answered and problems solved on weekend days was another unique plus point for reviewers.
- Staff were also proficient in linking accounts and setting up the rewards program, improving customers ease-of-use when it came to managing their service accounts.
CovaU surpassed customer's expectations when it came to providing energy plans that wowed customers and made them happy to pay their bills, earning them a 2023 ProductReview.com.au Award. Top points were awarded for the company’s transparency when it came to business practices, and their attentive customer service.
|Services Provided||Electricity and Gas|
Contact info for CovaU
- ABN: 54090117730
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.
Compare, switch and save all in one place