Verifiedoriginenergy.com.au

11,923 reviews
Anthony Sydney, NSW7 posts
 Pinned

Best power company

Origin in my view is the best electricity company in Australia to deal with. They offer the best feed in solar tarrifs in Australia and they have the best mobile app. The app is very easy to navigate
  • Services: Electricity and Solar Buy-Back
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Origin Energy   DM

Cheers to you Anthony! We really appreciate your kind words and taking the time out of your day to leave us such an awesome review! Love it! Thanks - Rach

that was 2 yrs. ago.
things have change.
solar feed in tariffs 7 cents ????

Origin Energy   DM

We have some solar plans with a higher FIT, have a look at our plans if you are interested:
external link
Thanks - Madison

Michael
MichaelFar West, NSW

The service was quick to warn me to update information and even quicker to acknowledge my return of the completed forms

Origin were quick to give me a "Heads Up" requiring an update to a government rebate that was due to expire in June. All of the forms that needed attention were attached to the warning eMail and ready for completion by my doctor and myself. Show details ·  1
T Weber
T WeberSouth Australia2 posts

Origin Energy power review

I have been with origin energy for many many years and have never had any issues with power at all. My power has always been reliable and have never had any drop outs. I also find origin Energy customer service very helpful when I’ve contacted them regarding moving or changing my account ect ect. They have always been the company I’ve continued to stay with Show details ·  1
Peterv
Peterv

Latest Origin deal for gas and power for pensioners

The advice sounds ok. We can proceed . Thx for the update. Show details ·  1
robynhoyland
robynhoyland

Customer service

Great and very prompt response to my query. Much appreciated Show details ·  1

Leah Cowden
Leah Cowden4 posts

Exceptional customer service

I phoned Origin Energy after being prompted by a notification on my current bill suggesting there may be a better option available to me regarding my electricity charges. Not only was my call answered immediately by a very polite representative, she organised cheaper billing options and set them in place immediately. Emails were sent through whilst I was on the phone to confirm all that had been discussed and I was told to call anytime with any queries I might have. To add to this most "rewarding" experience the Origin Rep also emailed me the link required for the concession holders rebate that I can apply for after 30th June. This review justifies why we stay with Origin.....thank you! Show details ·  1
kristy a.
kristy a.

Extension

Customer service was quick when asking about an extension and very helpful to my needs Show details ·  1
Cheryl B.
Cheryl B.South East Queensland, QLD

Bill correction

Adam from the Origin team helped me today. He was very professional, courteous, friendly and spent a large amount of time with me correcting my bill error. I was most impressed. Thankyou Adam. Show details ·  1
Allan Mullins
Allan Mullins2 posts

Poor refund procedures

To ease my quarterly payments of electricity and gas bill IB pay small amounts every fortnight. I’ve now built up some funds and have requested a refund of those extra funds and every day over the last three days I’ve had to supply different information. The BPay that I make comes from the same account as the refund is going into surely this is enough but no, you wanted extra information just to jump through hoops this is my money and I expect to be able to retrieve it whenever I need to. Show details

Godsmack24
Godsmack24Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts
Michelle JAQUES J.
Michelle JAQUES J.South Australia

Couldn't access new origin app on new phone

Thanks for your fast response Origin when I couldn't access my app on new phone and another email today responding that I don't know anymore help..... :⁠-⁠):⁠-⁠):⁠-⁠):⁠-⁠):⁠-⁠) Show details ·  1
Nadia K.
Nadia K.Sydney, NSW3 posts

Wilson
Wilson

satisfied customer

Joanne was very efficient and finished in a very timely manner in handling my electricity rebate. Show details ·  1
Braydon
Braydon2 posts

Origin Energy   DM

Hey Braydon we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please send your account details to supportsocial@originenergy.com.au or reach out via Facebook messenger and we can assist further from there! Thanks - David

Helen Casey
Helen Casey3 posts

Concessions for Power and Gas

Friendly, helpful assistance provided in a timely manner. Raianne listened to my enquiry, clarified my questions and provided the information I needed. Show details ·  1

K V.

It has happened a 3rd time 13/4. So there must be a reason why staff don't respond when I provided what they asked for? My I.D namely my DOB to find out when my next meter reads and bill is due and why they claim the distributor has issues reading the meter which I don't believe as I got my bill for gas appliances with no issues with the reading of the meter.

Juntao
Juntao

I received confirmation letter to say that I have successfully transferred to Origin Energy from other supplier on 28 September 2023. Today is 15 January 2024 and and I have not received my bill for last 3 months of usage. I have not received any letters from Origin Energy explaining if there's any specific issues. When will I receive the bill and if this is normal to take this long for the bill to arrive? Thanks.

K V.

I thought a bill was based on a actual reading from the network distributor, even those Origin here claims the bill is based on an estimate reading?

Craig C.
Craig C.

When you review your bill the reading listed should have an (A) after each reading meaning an actual meter read. However they can also have an (E) after the reading total meaning estimate.

Energy sources available

Origin Energy states that it has a mission of providing affordable, sustainable and easy energy solutions providing cleaner energy.

Along with electricity and gas, there are green energy options, which are GreenPower and Green Gas. GreenPower lets customers choose a percentage of electricity use for Origin Energy to match with renewable energy sources, which goes back into the grid. The Green Gas program offsets greenhouse gas emissions caused by natural gas or LPG, using a Carbon Reduction Scheme created by Origin.

Energy Plans

Residential Energy Plans

• Origin Basic: This is the cheapest energy plan for households, with costs estimated to be around $1, 393 per year for electricity, and $899 per year for natural gas.
  • Origin Flexi Rate ePlus: Variable rates are offered on this 12-month plan. The estimated costs are approximately $1, 143 a year for electricity, and $773 per year for natural gas.
  • Origin Go: Guaranteed rates are provided on this 12-month plan. The costs are estimated to be $1, 184 yearly for electricity, and $827 a year for natural gas.

Business plans

• Origin Business Basic: With estimated costs at $6,900 per year for electricity, and an ongoing base rate for natural gas.
  • Business Go Variable: Variable rates on a 12-month plan are provided. It costs about $5, 865 per year for electricity, with variable rates on natural gas.
  • Business Go: Guaranteed rates for 12 months are provided, at around $6, 072 yearly for electricity, and fixed rates for natural gas, for 12 months.

Here’s what reviewers thought

Above all, reviewers were delighted with the excellent quality of customer service they received from Origin Energy. Staff went above and beyond, being friendly and helpful in assisting customers with all energy or account-related needs. Any issues were sorted out efficiently and with no hassles at all.

At times reviewers noted that promised discounts were not applied, or that they found it difficult to check their bills or rates on the Origin app. Others stated that the energy rates were expensive.

Rates are accurate as at February 16th 2022.
CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity, Gas and Solar Feed-In Tariffs
Awards 2023

Contact info for Origin Energy

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now