Origin Energy

1,906 reviews
  • Rates and Fees

Jordy

JordySydney

Worst service I have ever come across

From day one requesting gas to be put on to there contractors on there prayer mats on my front yard.
Haven't connected any appliances yet and the send me a bill. The contact center they use is worst than the Indian contact centers the telcos use. How about employing people who know what they are doing. I would never recommend Origin. Even the complains team is useless

The review should have - star ratings as well

Greg C.

Greg C.Far North Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with service

Using Origin to supply gas for forklifts - last two services been left with leaking bottles.
Apart from dangerous, I am paying for gas not being used.
Rang up to complain, man was more interested in blaming us than helping ... we work at night so hard to contact anyone and had to stay up just to contact and then got poor response!!!\
Certainly wouldnt recommend their services to anyone.

Isolde Clark

Isolde Clark

Estimate a joke

I just received an estimated Electricity bill from origin. Shocked I phoned for an explanation as to why my estimated bill was $700 dollars more than the same time last year. I am still waiting to hear from a manager but one explanation given was they may have guessed higher due to Covid and people working from home . Simply not good enough

Anton Setiady Tjeuw

Anton Setiady TjeuwCoburg

10 Years contracts with Origin. They sneakily made most of apartment units signed with Body Corporate.

Moks

MoksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Certified Scammers

They'll tell you all the promises low charges and 3 days after your energy is with them, price change more than what you're paying from your previous provider.

Just an advise to those who are still looking for energy provider, avoid this company. They'll try to match the lowest possible price and within 1 week, the price will be change leaving you with a hefty price for 1 month.

MICHELLE

MICHELLEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Origin Broadband stay away!

Signed up for 100mbps unlimited broadband with them as package for energy and gas, now I regret moving from TPG. Typical speed is 20-40mbps. not even half of what I signed up for. Told them I wanted to just stay with TPG as I am still on the cooling off period. I was told there was no cooling off period with the plan I signed up for and I am stuck with them. I lodged a complaint with TIO. Goodluck with energy and gas to me. Find evidence of their nbn speed. Apart from that, I had multiple dropouts. STAY AWAY from Origin broadband.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

DavidHunter Region, NSW

The worst company I have had the displeasure to deal with

I have been trying to get an electricity bill from origin for 5 months they put incorrect NMI number on my account apparently to hard for origin to correct mistake

Dave a

Dave a

Don’t trust them

Embedded networks are a complete scam. Why am I forced to go with origin? They charge so much and I can’t change companies. They are only open normal business hours and their customer service is appalling

SLk

SLkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sneaky Ripp off bills

I have been with them for 5 years. When electricity prices reduced during pandemic, Origin still kept on overcharging us on old plans, when I enquired they won't call , email to my queries, also realised Origin charges admin fee of2.992 on controlled load, noone else charges that.
When I changed the plan, to use newer rates, they took away my 21%discount that was meant to end in Feb 2021.
Now I end up paying more
Then charge highest rates then apply fake discount and still the bill is higher than non discounted fee of 3 providers I compared. Very frustrating experience.Feel cheated.

Find out how Origin Energy compares to other Energy Providers

AVOID ORIGIN! Shameful customer service. Worst ever.

Not Happy JanBrisbane

The most shocking customer service!

Emme

EmmeSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE THEIR INTERNET SERVICE

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Origin E.Origin

Broadband- WORST EVER provider!!

Misleading information to get you signup.
Various delays to get the service going.
Seriously lack technical expertise.
Blamed previous provider and NBN.
Finally changed ISP after 15 days with no luck!

Origin E.Origin

Hi Holis, we'd like to have a look into this further for you and see what's occurred here. Could you please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your account details and reference to this message and we'll got onto this. Thanks - Kirk.

Check your Origin contract details

Kleen Kay

Harry, weak answer. We're still going to be worse off than we were before.

Nameeta N.

Nameeta N.Sydney, NSW

NBN Issue

Warren P.

Warren P.Illawarra, NSW

Terrible Service With No Answers

Origin took money out of my account when i was in credit without my permission and i have had to ring them every second day for 1 hour each time explaining to a different offshore person for 2 weeks to try and get it back, i have got half of it back and they cant tell me why it occurred, no one rings you back, terrible service with people who cannot help you or understand what is going on, CLUELESS, bring back the call centre to Australia, Aussie Jobs. NOT HAPPY JAN.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Warren, so that we're able to have a look into this for you and see what's occurred here, could you please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your account details and reference to this message. Thanks - Kirk.

xkiap

xkiapGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unwarranted payment recovery threat

Kristen Bromell

Kristen BromellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refusal to replace empty LPG gas bottles on weekend.

I set up a LPG delivery service with Origin Energy and asked them to replace the gas bottles that where existing here. They refused and said call back when I am out of gas.
I did so now that they ran out on the weekend and they refused to replace them since it was my first delivery. So now I have to go without hotwater and my oven until Tuesday. It wasn't disclosed to me that there would be any issue getting gas when I signed up with them.
Poor service, poor system. And no gas.

Sue

SueSydney, NSW

Closing bill was too high

Our usage for entire year has been 350 kWh or less than that but in the final bill it goes upto 990 kWh there hasn't been any major shift in our lifestyle

HTra

HTraSouth East Queensland, QLD

No gas refill delivery

Ordered a gas refill bottle. No delivery after a week. Called livechat.. on hold reply on hold reply nearly 20 mins and then direct phonecall....on hold transfer on hold transfer on hold transfer... took almost 45 minutes in total. After all that they still don't understand why the bottle was not delivered and we still have no answer when the bottle will be delivered. Did not encounter this issue before.

HeatherWasked

Where does origin get its energy from does it use renewables ?

HeatherW

Does origin use renewables eg wind farms solar etc

David

According to there website they use coal, gas, plus renewables from wind & solar
Hope this helps

Origin E.Origin

Hi Heather, you can find info on our renewable energy via our website here; https://bit.ly/3aiTcHD Thanks - Vanessa.

Caleb

Calebasked

I have recently received a bill from a long time ago. I didn't continue with origin after I moved out of this residence due to the terrible service. I have read online that I cannot be issued a backbill over 9 months old. Is this correct? The bill doesn't say the date I am being charged for but was issued yesterday and is meant to be paid in a week! Is this an error or a scammer posing as origin? I know I was paid up when I left. I would love to save my self the hassle of going through an ombudsman to deal with this.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Caleb, sorry to hear about the bill you've received, especially if you left the property quite some time ago and there are no dates listed on the bill. We'd like to check this for you, would you be able to forward of copy of that to us on supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, along with your account and contact details? Thanks - Vanessa.

MegC

MegCasked

My origin app dashboard has my cost to date, cost per day and predicted bill. Cost to date states $294.49 with my billing period ending tomorrow (Aug 5th) predicted bill is $302.30 yet when I press usage on the app it says charges so far are $335.14. Curious how there is a $40 difference between the two sections in the app. Want to know what my bill should come through as tomorrow when billing period ends and I receive my bill.

Origin E.Origin

Hi MegC, the usage section only shows your usage and supply charges, including GST. The predicted bill section will include any discounts and rebates, so the amount will usually vary depending on your plan and/or concession. If you bill period is set to end tomorrow, your bill will be issued shortly after. Thanks - Vanessa.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives