Origin Energy

Origin Energy

1.3 from 1,788 reviews

• Rates and Fees

Incompetence beyond compehension

I am still awaiting origin to connect my power. Unfortunately they still remain unable to complete this task. The process has already taken 1 month and is still ongoing. I have been able to access and read my meter several times during this process.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Amy, really sorry to hear that this is still an ongoing issue. So that we can get to the bottom of this once and for all, can you please email your Product Review to supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, along with your account details? Thanks - Jen.

Johno

Johno

Origin estimated my usage to be more than twice the previous quarter

Origin estimated my usage to be more than twice the previous quarter.
i've told origin that i wasn't around for one-third of the billing period.
so in actual fact, origin has over estimated my usage at least 3, if not 4 times my real usage.
When contacted, they do not listen to reason. How in the world do they think that i can use more than twice the previous quarter, without giving any reasons for the increase?

NormNorth Western Region, NSW

Do your maths

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Harry
I wrote my product review after talking to your sales rep. They told me the latest offer. Unless Origin takes the cap off I will be a lot worse off. Not only the cap but Origin also took off the 3% discount. Prove me wrong

lynda k.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor billing origin lpg

lynda k.

It was all sorted and charges were sorted
Thankyou

Origin E.Origin

So glad to hear this, Lynda. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to get to the bottom of this for you. Take care - Jen.

UnimpressedSydney Surrounds, NSW

No accountability

The anonymity afforded to customer service within Origin is a god send for operators as I’ve called three times today alone and more times in the last week to fix a broadband fault. Each time I get a flurry of apologies and promises that they’ll have someone call back or call back themselves but as soon as the phone call ends, there you have it anonymity and they clearly feel nothing for the customer as when I must call back I will go to another operator. I have no understanding of how someone qualified (if they are) have such difficulty fixing error for which they are qualified in. If a medical practitioner was unable to aid a patient they’d be let go soon enough...it should be the same here.

James L.

James L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can't believe it.

William

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT use Origin broadband.

naa

naaMid North Coast, NSW

Not poor customer service, no customer service

did not receive my last 2 bills. Requested copy of previous account twice but never received it. Never received copy of new account, had to sign up to view a copy on website. Account due in 9 days, but nowhere on site to request an extension and when I last tried to call a few days ago waited 1 hour 30mins, I checked the time on my phone, before I hung up without my call being answered. i can not say you have poor customer service because you have none.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Naa, we'd like to have a look into what has happened here and ensure that it does not happen again. If you could send us an email at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, we'll get on top of this for you and get it sorted. Thanks - Kirk.

Frank Castle

Frank CastleSydney, NSW

Abysmal customer service. Being a long term customer (loyalty) means nothing to them!

EdgedBirtinya

Forced plan change to more expensive plan

We are forced in to a plan change a few weeks after getting an email from them, losing an 11% discount. Origin said move to a different supplier if we don't like it. Have been customers for 14 years with Origin.

Edged

I’ve already checked your offers and we will be paying more. I have lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman.

John F.

John F.Mid North Coast, NSW

Terrible

I can't believe the arrogance of these people. They took a metre reading. They didn't like that reading so they used an estimated reading. Many phone calls later they still refuse to amend my bill. It's complicated because I had solar fitted to my property and they were extremely slow to change my metre. After being with origin for many years now i'm changing providers. Appalling customer service, totally unwilling to work with me to come to a compromise.

Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

High Solar Feed in tariff. Reliable electricity so far

Thanks to Origin's 21c/kWh solar feed in tariff, we no longer pay any electricity bills and in fact, receive credits on our bill each month. Have not experienced any drop outs. Personal website account is very useful, factual and intuitive in that you can review usage, solar feed ins, predicted bills, etc. Highly recommend Origin if you have solar. Hopefully tariffs will not drop

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Origin E.Origin

Hi Cisco, thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. It's always nice to hear when we're doing a good job. Cheers - Jen.

Gas bottle service ordering isn’t great but delivery man is great!

Their bottled gas services In the office/call center aren’t very good. I ordered new bottles 3 months ago but aparrently they didn’t deliver them cause they didn’t get confirmation about how many bottles. I had no calls voicemails nothing.

I have changed this review a little as when i called and re ordered and it was finally delivered. The delivery man Mathew that delivers to epping NSW was really great! He showed me how to change the pipes over to the second bottle and made sure it was ready to go. If it wasn’t for his great service and professionalism this review would still be a 1 star but thanks to him its now a 3.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Cindy, thanks for updating this to let us know and again, we're sorry for the trouble you had initially. We're glad to hear you've received your delivery now and that Mathew was helpful. Have a great day - Vanessa.

DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not doing proof of ID

Had account set up fraudulently, origin not even check proof of ID, signed this person up for 18 months before cutting them off, when report to police,being investigated now by police, can't even get Australia number to contact,all calls go to call centres over sees,while investigating going on, origin sent account to debt collection agency even knowing account set up fraudulently and still under investigation, origin is nightmare to deal with, seeking legal advice at the moment,need to make sure origin never make this mistake again,they need to do they proof of ID check list

Disappointed

Forgot to mention that within does 18 months of fraud electricity account,not one payment was made,over $2,000 bill and electricity was never cut off,how is that possible?

Disappointed

Got call from origin this morning Jen and got it all sorted for me,it was stressful few months while it was going on,but lucky origin sorted out, thanks for you reply Jen

Poya

Poya

Extremely poor customer service

Phoned to understand why we had received another bill from them even though we changed to another provider. The representative was extremely rude and unhelpful. "The bill you received was correct, why are you calling" was how our question was answered

sandeep a.

sandeep a.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not had any problems so far

Using their connection for over a month now. Not had any problems or troubles with them. Set up was easy and timely. They got everything connected and ready at the date they mentioned. No delay or drama

Origin E.Origin

Hi Sandeep, thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It's always nice to hear when we're doing a good job. Cheers - Jen.

Harley-Rose

Harley-RoseFar West, NSW

Customer Service was amazing!

I called from Broken Hill & spoke to Tracey this morning (12/03/20) and she was so very helpful. Went above and beyond to make sure my case would be sorted. So very grateful for people like her that make tricky situations easy

Mihaela  M.

Mihaela M.South East Queensland, QLD

Origin is extorting money from customers

More than 75% of my gas usage has been charged with the highest tariff!! The rest ( less than 25%) with the second high tariff and NONE with the lowest tariff!
Upon asking their sales dept, I was told that if I'd be chosen Origin as an Enery provider too I'd be given another treatment. That is outright extortion and totally unprofessional!

Mihaela  M.
Mihaela M.

Hot Water Malfunction

Origin E.Origin

Customer service agents have no idea on the deals they offer

I have called Origin energy to move from my existing energy provider. After 30min call with customer service agent, she has no idea on how to offer plans. They call you everyday to take up their plan which doesn't solve my purpose.

JMVH

JMVHasked

I am very annoyed and disappointed that after giving you my name, address, phone number, my Origin Account number etc; that after nearly two hours I have gotten nowhere with paying my account. I realised soon after I entered my present email address( which has been the only email address for at least four six months) that you hadn’t updated my email address on your system. You spent ages this evening ignoring my new email address that I kept entering, by scrubbing it and insisting on repeatedly entering the out of date email address? The simple remedy to this problem(as customers usually know their own email address) was to to send a code to this new email address. If you received a response back(problem solved).
Unfortunately these days most domestic customers don’t get taken any notice of, only if their account is overdue. I have spent over two hours on this , and as I was due to go out an hour ago, I am not at all happy. I will not be rushing to pay this account tomorrow either. This evening a text message to me, about email addresses would have sorted the problem of not updating your system. It also seems strange that when I usually pay my gas or electricity account you don’t ask for my email account.
Thanking you
Jacqueline.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Jacqueline, we're really sorry to hear about the troubles you've faced trying to pay your accounts. We'd love to be able to assist you further with this. So that we can get to the bottom of this once and for all, can you please email us on supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, with your Product Review and account details? Thanks - Jen.

Tony G.

Tony G.asked

I would like to know why I can get no response , to a request , that, our business Lpg, deliveries are made using the purpose built access, driveway to our storage tank , and to stop your vehicles destroying our property, photographs available,

Origin E.Origin

Hi Tony, this sounds very concerning and we'd really like to get to the bottom of this. So that we're able to, could you please send an email through to us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au (feel free to send any supporting photographs) along with your account and contact details (and reference to this message), and we'll take the steps to ensure that this is put to an immediate stop. Thanks - Kirk.

Simone G.

Simone G.asked

I accidently deleted my electricity bill of my Gmail how can I get it back.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Simone, if you log into My Account, you can view and download a new copy. Alternatively, please email us on supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your full name, account number and contact info and we'll email a new bill through to you. Thanks - Vanessa.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives