1st Energy

• Rates and Fees
Andrew

AndrewSouth-East, TAS

Great, reliable service

I have had electricity connected for 8 months with 1st Energy and have been very satisfied. I was previously with Aurora Energy. The sign-up process was very easy and connection went without a hitch. On the times I have had to call customer service I have found them to be very helpful and with only minimal time spent on hold.

I find the billing system effective and like the fact that there are many payment methods bills, however I do find the online customer portal can be a little slow at times. Maybe this can be improved in the future.

Sarah L.

Sarah L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great company, good rates and good service.

Good prices and good service. I am with them for electricity as well as gas and they are a very good company to deal with. Never had any problems and been with them for years.

ServicesGas
Anja S.

Anja S.South East Queensland, QLD

One less huge bill to worry about

Our power supply has been reliable and combined with Solarn, rebates and pension discounts our bills have been very manageable. As a household we try our best to limit waste of energy

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Alan G.

Alan G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great local and honest Energy company

1st Energy supply my home Gas and electricity. They are very easy to deal with. Cheap prices, honest and local customer service. My experience with their operation (prices and customer service) has only ever been of the best standard.

Highly recommend 1st Energy

Haven't had a single issue since switching to 1st energy for both Gas & Electricity. Setup was very smooth & efficient. Customer service team very helpful. Completely reliable service. Love the pay on time discount. Highly recommend.

1st Energy works for me

Every time I check my pricing 1st Energy they are always price competitive giving me no reason to leave.

The 1st Energy discount reminders are really very helpful. Every month across on both email and SMS I get timely messages making it very easy to take advantage of the pay on time discounts every time.

These two reasons I really like this energy company, an odd thing to say I know.

D M.

D M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service, Great people

In Victoria and they service both gas and electricity. Prices are very competitive with every other energy retailer available. Having Australian based call centers makes communicating very easy and any issues i have had, have been solved quickly and correctly. I haven't had to go back with the same issues multiple times which is a nice change of pace

Rebecca

RebeccaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

great service , very helpful, save me lots $$$$

electricity . 5 mins yes power works just the same ! no point paying extra $$ for an essential service. much better service than the big operators . gas is also much cheaper than my prev company

Nazlı E.

Nazlı E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Competitive Prices!

Great company. I have been receiving very reasonable bills since I sign up with them! I called their call centre for an enquiry once and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Robyn

RobynCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good rates and customer service

Changed both power and gas to 1st Energy happy with our rates and service. Would recommend. Set-up seamless and have never suffered from drop outs etc. Will continue with them

Lisa J

Lisa JAU

Prefer to deal with a small company

We switched to 1st Energy from Aurora for our electricity. The switch over process went smoothly. Its good to have an alternative in Tasmania after not being to choose anything other than Aurora.

Kettle

KettleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Something not right here!

FRAUDSTERS

We've been using their services from past 2 years and there was no change in the amount of bill we pay as it was around $150 always. All of a sudden we received a bill of $470 which left me shell shocked. After talking to them on phone and asking why we received such an outrageous amount as bill they informed us that it's the result of EXTRA usage. we didn't even stay at home whole day during the month. This is completely unacceptable.

David Baird

David BairdCentral West, NSW

Con artists, deceitful and liars.

Toby M.

Toby M.Launceston, TAS

Pushy sales and didn't even know the product

Leah

LeahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Not Great

There was a whole big situation I won't go into but it involved a lot of misleading and perhaps not factual information and as a result, we wanted to cancel the account we set up but were told they couldn't do it straight away and it might take days to investigate. Thankfully it has been resolved but not before Ombudsman complaint raised. There is a lot the public apparently doesn't understand about power suppliers and who holds the rights to your property for power supply. In this instance, First Energy were technically 'in the right' but a lot of unnecessary angst was caused by not checking databases etc. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Rozzie T.

Rozzie T.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not go with this rip off company...Gov should close them down

I went with this company my bills are over 50 percent higher..Over 800 for two adults not using heaters..compared with 300 Alinta ...This was for Electricy only Absolutely disgusted in this company's charges.Time to contact the obusman

Gina

GinaHunter Region, NSW

1st Energy rip off

I transfeered to 1st Energy with the belief if would save me money. I was charged double what I was with AGL. When contacted I was told to have an electrician check my house. Then told to to have my solar checked. Then I was told my usage for this period was unusually high that I must have had more people in my home at this time.
My usage according to 1st energy was what a 5 person house hold would normally use.
I transferred back to AGLmy bill had my usage at between 1 and 2 people.
We actually have 3 adults living at home.
Solar electricity and gas hot water and cooking.
If this is what an Australian based Company does to its customers.
It's not a good advertisement.

Brenda

BrendaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this company and for heaven's sake do NOT engage in a conversation with anyone from 1st Energy.

This company switched my energy without my permission. The customer service reps became abusive with me when I attempted to switch back. I was called a liar when I explained that I'd not agreed to switch and called an idiot for wanted to switch back to my original provider. It was the worst experience I've ever had with any service provider.

Lauren S.

Lauren S.South East Queensland, QLD

First Energy Acts Illegally

First energy acts illegally. They changed over our energy bill without our permission then wouldn’t let us change back to origin. After all our dealings with them were finally over my boyfriend said he got a call from MY Facebook messanger and it was First Energy on the line. I had to go and change my passwords.

Wendy B

Wendy Basked

What was the cost to you to change over from Aurora to First Energy in Tasmania?

Janderraasked

I agreed over the phone to change from Alinta Energy to this company because the guy who called was polite and offered rates that would save me about $70 every 3 months (I am on a pension). Said he would send me a welcome pack and I had 10 days cooling off period before they took over the billing and that I could check the rates offered on line, so after checking my rates I am being charged I agreed.
When I went to check their rates online I came up with these reviews. I did give them my pension no because you normally need to do that t get your discount, so did not think of a scam.
After reading all the reviews I do not want anything to do with them, how do I cancel the whole thing before they change me over. Janderra

Kyles
Kyles

I'm not sure of your circumstances but I just went back to my previous provider and signed back up with them. They did the rest. Good luck

Janderra

Thank you. I have already contacted them by email today to tell them I do not want to change billing company and telling them the story and asking for help. Tomorrow I will contact 1st Energy by email (keeping a copy) and phone telling them that after further thought and because of my rights I do not want to enter into any contract or agreements with them. Hope I can just cancel it all without any more stress. I can not believe I said yes when I just normally tell all these people no and just hang up on them. I checked the rates he was quoting etc with my current bill and seemed like it was a good deal and because of the cooling off period though I was safe. We are never too old to learn. Thank you for advice and all the reviews which woke me up

Zhen Z.
Zhen Z.

I was in a same condition with you. I got a call from them today and I agreed over on the phone to change my elec corp from Aurora to Frist Energy. I just saw this review when I searched this company on google after ten minutes i hanging up the call. I then called the Aurora if they can refuse the request from the First energy while they would not able to do that.

I called the First Energy as well the staff said i am not on the list yet and i have ten days to cancel it.

Other Energy Providers