• Rates and Fees

Chelleid
ChelleidTasmania

Better rebate than the alternative but only just.

Changed to this crowd because they had a slightly better solar rebate but in reality, it isn't a whole lot better, only a few bobs. They only send email bills not posted ones. I would like a smart metre supplied automatically. They do not do this.

Sophia
SophiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great energy provider

I am with 1st Energy for both gas and electricity. I am very pleased as I am saving money on both. The customer service team are great and very helpful.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thanks very much for taking time to provide a review Sophia. We are thrilled to hear you are pleased with the service and your rates. Many thanks Sarah

Trevor Thrale
Trevor ThraleSouth-East, TAS

Very difficult to contact

I tried to join 1st Energy in March and heard nothing. Tried again in April and thought I had signed up. I have now received two emails with two different account numbers. I am unable to to log on. Every time I try and use the forgot password option. It simply states successful check your email. I have checked my main and junk absolutely nothing. Combine this with it being difficult to contact them has made for a poor start.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Trevor, I'm very sorry to hear your feedback. I will ask a member of the team to give you a ring to reset your password for you and confirm your account number. Kind regards Sarah

Do NOT join 1st energy! extremely disappointed

Receiving a $57 fee when disconnecting with them. Never had this with other providers. Each quarter bill is more expensive than the bill before joining them. I don't think I'm using more electricity, they usually have estimate reading and same to my parent's place and my rental place, all electricity bills are higher. (even though they advertise their rate is cheaper). I feel something's not right. Will change provider for all the property and see if bills are cheaper.

It's good but there is always room for perfection.

Power is good, constantly. No black outs unless serve storms or power plant failers.

Only have electricity for home appliances, including hot water.

Stove is Bottle gas for the top, but electric oven.

Thanks.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review David. Great to hear you are pleased with the service.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Ken B
Ken B

Excellent service

Made the switch from Aurora energy who were charging for there Aurora+,i get the same service from 1st Energy and not charged.
Plus getting extra for feed in on solar so very happy.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review Ken. We are thrilled to hear you are happy with the service and the savings.

Johnny W
Johnny WLaunceston

No issues at all

I live in Tasmania and we only have one choice of power company that is government owned and that is Aurora energy. 1st energy is the first company to be allowed to operate in the state as competition to Aurora.
I had no trouble switching over, it was really easy and 1st energy organised at all.
My power bills seem to be much cheaper even though the tariffs are identical to Aurora.
Very happy with the company, the service and the app that links to my smart meters without charging me a fee (unlike Aurora).

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review Johnny. It's great to hear you are pleased with the service. Many thanks Sarah

cheryl
cheryl

Rude, manipulative phone consultants

Cold call to my partner who was too polite to hang up on pushy, rude salespeople. He repeatedly told staff he didn’t need their service and that he had trouble hearing them. Ended up they connected us to a service that was not needed or requested and then charged $95 for ending the contract. I would NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy. Incredibly poor experience and staff must be bonus driven.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Cheryl, we are very concerned to hear this review and would like to investigate this further. Please contact me on sarah@1stenergy.com.au with further information so I can locate your account on our system. Many thanks Sarah

Graham Hancock
Graham HancockSydney, NSW

Thankful.

Electricity no difficulties in transferring from another biller.
Significant reduction in monthly bill. No power dropouts supply has been faultless.
Change over took about a month as I had to complete cycle with other supplier.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thanks very much for taking time to provide a review Graham. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with the service. Many thanks Sarah

Kate R.
Kate R.

Great electricity experience

I've used 1st Energy for several years now for my electricity and have never had any complaints. I love the pay on time discount. Monthly bills make it so much more convenient to keep on top of it and it's not so overwhelming to receive my bill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review Kate. We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the monthly bills and your pay on time discount. Kind regards Sarah

Deb
DebVIC, 3136

Great service. Glad I swapped.

I changed to 1st Energy for my Gas and Electricity. The comparison carried out was clear, concise and logical. I did not experience any issues with the transition, in fact it was seamless.
My energy costs have been lower and therefore more affordable for me. It is much easier to track how much I am spending with the clarity of the bills provided. Thank you.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you for taking time to provide a review Deb. We are thrilled to hear you are saving money and have had a seamless transition. Kind regards Sarah

Extremely please with Ist energy

No complaints from us, very pleased. Original representative contact was pleasant with all aspects of change over details explained. Web site access simple and easy to view all details of billing.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you for taking time to provide a review Stan. We are thrilled to hear you are pleased with the service. Many thanks Sarah

Dipal S.
Dipal S.Sydney, NSW

Very cheap and very good seevice.

1st energy electricity. The set-up process was very easy as we do nothing the company had set-up itself for us. It is more reliable than others that we have used. We don’t face any dropout while using.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review Dipal. We are thrilled you are happy with the service. Kind regards Sarah

Steve Psolomitis
Steve PsolomitisHobart, TAS

Good service, fair pricing.

Solar feed in rate is better than the opposition.
No power drop outs and monthly bills.
Can't get any easier to deal with.
Highly recommended.
Hoping to stay with them long term.

Stuart
StuartSouth-East, TAS

Best option in Tas

Monthly bills are great, easy to understand and all pay options. Not receiving paper bills is the best bit. Solar feed in rate is higher first 12 months. Some good sign up options.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives