No problems

I signed up with Globird a year ago and at this point I have had no issues... just as it should be! Sign up was simple and bills are all direct debit so pretty easy.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Joshua

JoshuaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Application denied but thank you

My friend recommended me to switch to Globird but my application was denied, but thank you for that, that made me did further research to find the cheapest retailer and found that kogan energy is the cheapest for both gas and electricity for me. These monkeys shouldn't be in business, not only expensive but has also wasted people's time. My friend will also switch to Kogan energy.

nfoster

nfosterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Application rejected last minute

Application was rejected last minute which was frustrating, I have no default whatsoever on my credit file and just recently approved for credit card with 40k limit. Please think twice before applying, they will just give more stress when moving home.

Prakash T.

Prakash T.Sydney, NSW

Rejected application for no reason

They rejected my connection application as they say I have failed in a credit check, got the credit report today and it says I have a good score. Bunch of morons.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

I had electricity connection for 3 years whilst renting. Never had a problem. Very responsive & professional when disconnecting. Great to pay bills early & receive a discount. No drop outs experienced

MDLee

MDLee

Was with them for 2.5 years, never had any issues

Phillipmarc

PhillipmarcGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not give a damn about customer feedback!

Mathew

MathewSouthwest, VIC

The bloke I spoke with Jason was great and amazingly helpful he deserves a pay rise my names mathew christou

Never experienced drop outs actullay this is my first time setting up power to my house

So Im quite happy and glad with the result in the end a a

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Speedy / Flexible Customer Service

I use Globird energy and have been 100% happy with them for just about a year now. They are consistently quick in responses to questions and in the last month I have had some financial strain and they've helped to extend my due date to match up with my pay weeks in order to pay my bill without disruption or penalty fees. I find this to be rare to accomplish without multiple emails and explanations and late fees. The last two times I have requested an extension it's just automatically "yep absolutely can do that". I deal with a real person who is accommodating and supportive. I can't express how much stress this has taken off my shoulders. Would highly recommend.

Ricky

Ricky

Cheap and easy

I did some research and found them the cheapest. They were much cheaper than my last retailer which adds up significantly. Also they seem nice and honest. They notified me that I could change to a cheaper deal even.

BobbyG

BobbyGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good customer service

We just moved house and we chose GloBird as our gas retailer. So far, calling them and via email to customer support proved to be great. The people I talked to were respectful and polite, things we greatly appreciate and qualities that are being lost. Thanks guys.

ServicesGas
GloBird E.Globird Energy

Globird didn't want to sign me up!

I called Globird today to enquire about transferring to them and the person that I spoke to said to me straight away that I'm better off staying with my current provider as Globird just recently increased their rates. WTH? I thought that was weird! The person that I spoke to didn't seem like he wants to sign me up so I didn't.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is perfect.Cann't live without it.

Globird Energy is a friendly company.Warmly costumer service,especilly Michelle.Give us a great help but free of charge.I only wanna say thank you again to Michelle.I hope have a long term service from Globird.

Jagat P

Jagat PAU

Very rude idiots on the call center

Called to connect for electricity and gas for my new house. And the guy gave me expensive offer. Where as the government website gives cheap rate for the same company.
The sucker on the phone told me in rude words to call again once I check the rates on their website.
Can be nice when you ask as well.

Natuzza Mazzitelli

Natuzza MazzitelliGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Phone etiquette

I am so impressed with the Naz who answered my inquiry yesterday
Found him to be so patient and willing to help with honesty and commitment
A testament to the customer service
Well done Globird

Anita M.

Anita M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent customer service

I have had the most pleasant experience transferring over from another energy provider. It was very prompt and professional and to be very honest, GloBird puts the other providers to shame!

MMS

MMSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No help with any enquiries or clarifications

I have just spoken with the most condescending and unhelpful person, who had attitude with a capital A!
I was trying to clarify rates and discounts that applied to a particular plan and unfortunately the person who I was speaking with was unable to really listen to the actual question I was asking, and trying to get more information on, then told me no-one has ever made the same enquiry or clarification, insinuating that I must be pretty stupid to be asking these types of questions. What a waste of time I'll stick with my current provider.

Happy

HappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Globird extend my payment period for discount rate

i was too busy and forgot to do my payment within discount period of time. When i realised, it was 2 day over due. i was so frustrated, but paid full fare immediately. The next day, i got an email from Glibird, said, i am still eligible for discount if i make the payment on the same day. so i wrote back, explained my situation. Glbird agreed to credit the extra money to my next invoice. i was so touched. thank you, Globird, for such an excellent customer service!

Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The ultimate utility retailer anyone would ever need

Turn around times are always within 24 hours. Customer reps are super friendly and understanding. There were couple of times when I missed the payment by couple of days, and when I requested, they would still approve for the lower rate as a gesture of good will. Amazing product.

Alphonse L.Western District, VIC

For the perfect Australian; not the everyday Australian

Wally

Wallyasked

What country are Globird's owners registered?

Peter Waller
Peter Waller

To be honest Wally it is hard to tell. Have had one person come to town claiming to be Irish but living here for 20 years and being the owner, yet all indicators point toward China. Had a lawyer friend look it up and he says China as well. Very hard to track on the internet.

GloBird E.Globird Energy

Hi Wally, GloBird is a privately owned company, it was started in 2014 by Irish born Australian John McCluskey who has lived in Melbourne for the last twenty years. He works in the company’s Mitcham office and he is a part owner along with some local investors and staff.

Shayna

Shaynaasked

Is there any previous customers? Do they still take money away after the disconnect date? Is there any dis-connect or leaving fee? Do they do gas as well?

Christina
Christina

They will do Gas in approx 2 months

Susiii
Susiii

I just signed up with them yesterday, just for GAS. I've done a research on each single energy provider and found Globird cheapest in GAS and Tango cheapest in Electricity, so I changed to these from Origin. I haven't got any e-mail or SMS or anything to confirm but it's early days...

Hi Shayna,

As an energy retailer, GloBird is licenced by the Victorian government’s ESC (Essential Services Commission), and also licenced by the AER (Australian Energy Regulator). The company is a registered participant of AEMO (Australian Energy Market Operator) therefore the company must comply with the same market rules and laws as AGL, Origin or any other energy retailer. This means they can only issue bills based on meter reads provided to them by an independent (and also government regulated) meter data provider, this is usually your local distributor.

The meter data provider will only provide meter reads to one retailer at a time. If you switch from GloBird to another retailer, the independent meter data provider stops sending GloBird your meter reads and start sending them to your new retailer, so it’s impossible for GloBird to bill you beyond that point. You can contact your local distributor and verify that the reads your retailer is using to calculate your bill match with what is provided by the distributor.

There is a disconnection charge when you move out of your premises. If you are just leaving Globird and changing to another retailer at the same premises than there are no charges. As for gas, we have been providing this service since July 2018.

Get an answer from our members and Globird Energy representatives