Globird Energy

Excellent customer service

I have had the most pleasant experience transferring over from another energy provider. It was very prompt and professional and to be very honest, GloBird puts the other providers to shame!

ServicesElectricity and Gas

No help with any enquiries or clarifications

I have just spoken with the most condescending and unhelpful person, who had attitude with a capital A!
I was trying to clarify rates and discounts that applied to a particular plan and unfortunately the person who I was speaking with was unable to really listen to the actual question I was asking, and trying to get more information on, then told me no-one has ever made the same enquiry or clarification, insinuating that I must be pretty stupid to be asking these types of questions. What a waste of time I'll stick with my current provider.

ServicesElectricity
Hi MMS, We are troubled to hear such a harsh review, our customer service is usually excellent. If a prospective customer was treated poorly by one of our staff, we would need to take action. Could you provide some more details to assist us investigate your complaint, for example the date and time of the call, the last 4 digits of your phone number? We would appreciate if you could provide the above info on our complaint site https://www.globirdenergy.com.au/help-support/complaints/. Regards, GloBird Energy.

Globird extend my payment period for discount rate

i was too busy and forgot to do my payment within discount period of time. When i realised, it was 2 day over due. i was so frustrated, but paid full fare immediately. The next day, i got an email from Glibird, said, i am still eligible for discount if i make the payment on the same day. so i wrote back, explained my situation. Glbird agreed to credit the extra money to my next invoice. i was so touched. thank you, Globird, for such an excellent customer service!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Happy, We're delighted to read about your pleasant experience in regards to a late bill paid. We understand that at times, life happens - so where we can, it's great when we can assist in ways such as this. Thanks again for your support and business. We look forward to continuing to be of service to you! Regards, GloBird Energy.

The ultimate utility retailer anyone would ever need

Turn around times are always within 24 hours. Customer reps are super friendly and understanding. There were couple of times when I missed the payment by couple of days, and when I requested, they would still approve for the lower rate as a gesture of good will. Amazing product.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Charles, We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review, and we're delighted by your experience! We hold the provision of good customer service to a very high standard, and is embedded within our culture in our Melbourne office. Regards, GloBird Energy.

For the perfect Australian; not the everyday Australian

Currently moving into a new home and was looking to connect electricity and gas. Called and they picked up in about a minute - so far so good. Talked to their customer representative; asked questions and he answered. The home-based call centre was a nice touch but as far as helpfulness was concerned... it felt like this, "Hey mate, the details you need can be found here and here. Go find it yourself. Come back once you do. I ain't got time to work with you to figure it out together, bye!"

Went to look for the information required and ended up calling back three times as a result. Same guy each time, repeated the same thing each time as he didn't seem to show any recognition despite the repeated calls. Finally got to the end process to be told, credit report declined, we can't do anything about that, bye!

Searched up my credit report and score to see I'm in the margin of 815/1200 and 775/1000; which simply speaking is good. Given that I've owed nothing all my life, have no debt and have perfect credit history; it leaves me puzzled over why I was declined. But that's that, and I see no reason to waste further time with GloBird.

Tl;dr
GloBird is a nice and simple company. Fit their formula, the perfect Australian, and they'll gladly have you. Sign up would be quick, easy and relatively painless.

If you're anything else, say us everyday Australian with our own life story, don't bother - they don't want us.

Pro:
- Simple and easy to sign up if you have all the right information at hand

Con:
- Customer representative could perhaps learn customer service
- They select you, not the other way around

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Alphonse L, Thanks for your honest feedback. It’s good to hear what we are doing well, and areas we need to improve. Regarding the credit check, this is something we are always looking to optimise. If the bar is too high, it blocks everyone, if it’s too low it doesn’t protect us, and when it’s in the middle it can be hit and miss sometimes. We hate to give you (or anyone) a negative experience, so we apologise about that. In reality, there is no such thing as a perfect Australian, a perfect company, or a perfect credit threshold, but we take your feedback onboard as we continue to evolve the credit system. Regards, GloBird EnergyAcknowledgement is a great start. Here's to GloBird developing into the go to company for Australians when it comes to utility in the foreseeable future. Until then, I'll direct my resources to companies like Click Energy. They set me up in a couple of minutes and get utilities up and running next day without having me run around in circles searching for info. Simple at it's essence, and that's the way we like it.

Just signed up

Compared the rates against my existing Provider & found Glo to be better in all areas and all rates. The change was a no brainer after I read mostly positive reviews.. This will definitely push out my solar ROI because of the cheap rates, but its money in my pocket. Now waiting for the cutover to happen to start seeing some savings.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Simba, Thank you for taking the time to submit a positive review! It's always a delight to read people's positive experiences in using our service. We're confident you'll have the same experience as a new and ongoing customer! Regards, GloBird Energy.

Horrible experience for a new customer. Just handballed me to old provider.

I signed up for power and gas with Globird. My old provider is Simply Energy for both services. Received an email from Globird stating they have taken over the power service from August 16. However when I received my final bill from Simply Energy the last day they charged me for is August 16 as well. Called up Globird and they said to call Simply Energy and take it up with them (basically a handball). Also inquired about my gas service being taken over and Globird said they had ordered a final meter read for August 21.

Called Simply Energy and they said they provided power to my house until the end of the day on August 16 and to take it up with Globird (another handball). They also confirmed they are still providing the gas service to me (as of August 26, the day I wrote this review) as a final meter read hasn't been requested by Globird.

This is very poor form by Globird and a horrible experience for a new customer to go through. I just keep getting handballed between 2 providers and obviously one of them is lying to me. Apart from being charged by 2 providers for the same date who knows when and if the gas service will even transition to Globird?

Looks like I'm going to have to raise a complaint with the Victorian Energy Ombudsman as I can't get a straight answer from Globird or Simply Energy!

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi MoTown, We're sorry that you feel like your situation is being handballed. We can assure you that this is not our intention. Our billing system relies on the meter reads sent to us by the independent Network Distributor. They provide the data to each retailer. This can be confirmed independently with them. If the other retailer made an error, they will need to work it out with you the account holder to resolve it, because they will not allow us to act on your behalf. Please email us your account number to CustomerService@globirdenergy.com.au, so we can provide the information such as FRMP date, official account start date, your network data reads that will assist you getting the other retailers to resolve for you. Again just to stress that this is not a case of us handballing you. Infact we are happy to help, but only in the area we have control over. Regards, GloBird Energy.

Give me a better options!!!!

Globird gives a better option when i ask if their is a way i can have a better option when it comes to my plan the agent help me with better offer , glad to have made a call and discuss it before changing to a different provider

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Sasa, Glad we were able to assist you in finding a better plan that suits your usage and lifestyle. We understand that maximising your savings is extremely important and wise when it comes to electricity and gas! Regards, GloBird Energy.

Excellent assistance and explanation

GloBird provide me not only with competitive rates, but were very patient with me over the phone whilst we compared my then suppliers bills and GloBirds rates. Explained the process very well.
Received a very prompt acknowledgment text for changing over, as well as an email.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Meagan, Thank you for taking the time to submit a great review in regards to the process of transitioning to our services. We're delighted that we have exceeded your expectations for this! Regards, GloBird Energy.

Smooth and Hassle-free Signup!

I recently signed up to Globird Energy! Found out about this company from a friend. And could not be happier with the service! Prompt, Professional, Friendly and best of all Hassle-free.

The set up was easy and quick. It saves me lots of money and time! I love the customer service too.

Cannot recommend highly enough!

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Samuel, Thanks for your positive review. We appreciate the feedback on your experience with our customer service team, as well as the easy hassle-free process on onboarding with us. We look forward to continuing this standard for you. Regards, GloBird Energy.

Superb Customer Service

I have both gas and electricity with Globird. The set up process was simple and easy and connection was within a few days of me contacting them. Their customer service representatives are superb, helpful and friendly. Excellent plans too. Recommended.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi SiBy, Thanks for taking the time to submit a very positive review. Delighted to hear that our setup process was quick and easy - great feedback that reassures us of our processes. We're also glad to hear that our customer service has met your expectations. Thanks again, GloBird Energy.

Excellent Customer Service and Good Price!

I have been a customer of Globird for 1 year. The setup process is smooth.
This company is worthwhile to be recommended!
Good customer service and very human touch in every aspect!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Xuan, We're so pleased to hear that you're happy with our service and the setup process was smooth! We look forward to providing you with continued service. Regards, GloBird Energy

good customer services

i am an existing Globird customer for electricity, now i also take up their offer of combo - gas and electricity, with good rates overall, the switch was painless and efficiently executed .

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Michelle, We're so pleased to hear that you're happy with our service and that the switch went smoothly. We value you as a customer and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Regards, GloBird Energy.

Best Customer Service & Quick

Globird Energy is among the top 3 as far as pricing is concerned. The customer service is excellent. This is my 3rd year with Globird. Every offer from them is valid for maximum period of 12 months and you have to review after every 3 months to get the good offer.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Essentialserviceshunter, We're so pleased to hear that you are happy with our service and pricing. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to the next 3 years. Regards, GloBird Energy.

To be totally honest best prices and best customer service

Quite simply these guys have consistently offered excellent customer service and been the cheapest in the market place which is all you want when dealing with an energy company. Well done

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Max, Thank you for your kind words and for leaving a review. We're so pleased that you're happy with our service - it's something we pride ourselves on. Regards, GloBird Energy

Try to keep your customers instead of winning them back

I just rejoined Globird. I was previously a customer of Globird for electricity, and changed to a competitor because of the better rates. Before I switched I called Globird asking for the same rate as the competitor offered, but Globird said they cannot match it. Now the competitor did the same so I am back to Globird with both electricity and gas. It just happened, so cannot offer anything else apart from the fact that the change went smoothly and hoping that next time Globird will be able to keep me as a customer for longer. After all we all want better rates. Thank you.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Anna, So glad to hear the change went smoothly. We're so pleased to have you as one of our valued customers again. Regards, GloBird Energy.

Cannot fault the customer service

I moved over to Globird purely for the price, but was amazed to find that the customer service was the best of any utility company I’ve come across.
When we received an incorrect bill through them from our actual energy supplier, they spent weeks fighting it on our behalf, and in the end, winning.
Thank you! Above and beyond.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Alicia S, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're passionate about customer service, you, and providing competitive rates. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to providing continued excellent service in the months to come. Regards, GloBird Energy.

Prompt local service

When chasing lost bills (my PC crash) not only was my call promptly answered and all "lost" invoices sent immediately I was offered to review my current plan and was offered an even better plan which reduced my overall bill. I regularly check to switch providers but so far have found no incentive to do so. Globird seems to be the best value for me, a Vic customer with solar on the (old 60c) premium tariff.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Rob, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're so pleased to hear that you're happy with our pricing and that you were even able to reduce your bill. We are so happy to have you as a customer! Regards, GloBird Energy.

My complaint was taken seriously and I got credit for it as well, much appreciated!

Update -20190724 9AM
His manager contacted me and apologized on his behave, he listened to the recording and accepted that many things can be avoid if it is been handled differently. In that phone call. he was professional, understandable and happy to think in customer shoes. I accepted their apology and they also offered me $30 credit for the damage it cost. It is great to show some support in that way and I happily accepted that too.
In the end, we are all human and we all make mistakes, I believe this business will do just fine since they treat their customer reviews promptly and seriously.
It made my day and I will stop whinging. Lets move on.

----original post----
Let me make it clear, this is not against Globird but against one customer representative.

I am actually so angry right now and shaking, because of this poor customer service I received over the phone for pathetic $22. And I just paid my mover $1113 dollars in another review, I am actually extremely happy about that payment.

So this review is not about money. It is purely about customer service.

---- Background -----
I recently moved in an apartment and I did my research, looks like Globird got the best deal so I called in to get connected, all good.

I received an message from Globird to ask to make sure the switches are all off before the connection on Friday, I called agent and they said it is confirmed off. (Which turns out to be all on, fact is fact, I wont lie about it.)

There is nothing wrong about no one knows everything, so once the first attempt failed, I called Globird ask suggestion, they suggest if I can make it happen before 2:30PM same day, the second connection will be free. The guy `s name is Naron.

So I went to Agent from work to get the keys, spent 2 hours running on road together to get to my new address, once I was standing in front my Switch Board, it looks like off( I admit it is misleading.) So I took a picture then contacted Globird again, ask can I send the picture to them, also ask what should I do from this point.

The lady on the other side was very supportive, she said, lets try switch it down and up again, then they will give another try. I suggested can I send the photo over and she said it was not needed. I also asked do I need to stay and she suggest I was ok to go back to work.

It failed again and then the same lady called me again saying we need give another go on next Monday, and I need to switch all the switches to the other direction because sometimes Apartment is different, and she was right about that. I agreed and I came over to the premise over the weekend and did what she suggested.

This time it worked.

I was very happy about her support.

-----
Today I received my bill and it says $44 for connections twice and so I called Globird to clarify that.

And [name removed] answered the phone, he literally said, I remember you, we offered you an already free connection on the same day, and you failed. So the next one is on you. Whatever happened at your end is your responsibility and we can not see what you have done so you need pay for this.

This really upset me, because,
First, I tried everything I can to prevent it happen and I was strictly following Globird`s support`s instructions, if it failed, then should not it be "We failed"?
Second, I talked to many customer support in my life and this is the first Customer Support arguing with me all the time, try to cut me off all the time, keep trying to give me a lesson all the time, for $22? I might not be a rich guy but I work full time and I make over $60 per hour, the time/energy I wasted on this phone call and this review is a lot more than $22. I just spent $1113 for my movers and I was truly happy about that. I work for Court and I believe in justice.

I do not need a lesson for $22.

At middle of the conversation, [name removed] cut me off saying, let me put you on hold,let me put you on hold, without giving me a chance to talk, HE PUT ME ON HOLD.

I was exploded since He did not explain why he put me on hold, and he cut me off while I was talking and I do not know if he will be back or he actually angry, and there is no way to find out.

I hang up and started trying to make a compliant straight away, while waiting, he called me back.

He called my mobile back and told me, I just talked to my manager and he said it is ok to waive it off.

I felt a bit better and still angry, I told him you should never put people on hold without confirmation. Also I was angry for all this arguments wasted, suggest there is a much better way to handle this.

He asked to explain himself and he said since there is no visibility from his side, they should never help us. Now lesson is learnt, they will not do extra to help customer anymore. What they did for me was extra, it should never happen. They will not do that extra again to avoid this argument happen again. They should let customer to manage all this themselves so they can take 0 responsibility.

Really? Another lesson? Do you think it will make me feel better? Can you listen to yourself and let me know what you learn from all that?

You got it all wrong Naron. First, I appreciate all the effort from you and that lady at the beginning . I am happy to accept whatever happened because no one knows everything. However, when the other lady talking to me, she was using "We or we need try it again" all the time and I really appreciate that.

What I am unhappy about is first I spent 2 hours under Globird(as a business) `s instruction and I got this outcome. I showed my concern and initiative to try to avoid this and "We" failed. I was expecting the same result(get that $22 off) without this argument with you- as an individual.

If you are a true professional and you knew this would be the result, would you consider a not so defensive approach? other than arguing and interrupting me all the time? for $22 dollars? I have seen a lot better than that with no argument required at all.

Second, this should never be personal, you should never take it personally. You work for a business and let business decide what business will do for this situation, you took it too personally and you stand in between me and Globird. This should never happen if you understand business is business and work is work.

For whoever is in charge at Globird, I request you listen to the recording of this conversation and let me know what you think about it.

I am still waiting for your manager to talk to me after his lunch break. Let see if that will ever happen.

ServicesElectricity
Hi RageRocky, We're pleased to have been able to rectify your experience. We value you as a customer and appreciate you leaving a review. Thanks again! Regards, GloBird Energy.

Great customer service, great pricing, very very happy!

We have been with Globird for both our electric and gas for the last 10 months. I called earlier last week to see if we could get better rates and I didn't have to wait at all to speak with someone, the first person I spoke with could actually address my concerns and she spent quite a bit of time with me discussing options and finding out which variation of their pricing structure would suit us best. All in all a very pleasing experience. I also dipped the toe in the water and compared our pricing with all the rest and we were far better off with Globird, but to be honest even if it were a little higher I'd stay for the service.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Thank you Kevin we're delighted to have you as a customer!

What country are Globird's owners registered?
To be honest Wally it is hard to tell. Have had one person come to town claiming to be Irish but living here for 20 years and being the owner, yet all indicators point toward China. Had a lawyer friend look it up and he says China as well. Very hard to track on the internet.Hi Wally, GloBird is a privately owned company, it was started in 2014 by Irish born Australian John McCluskey who has lived in Melbourne for the last twenty years. He works in the company’s Mitcham office and he is a part owner along with some local investors and staff.

Is there any previous customers? Do they still take money away after the disconnect date? Is there any dis-connect or leaving fee? Do they do gas as well?
They will do Gas in approx 2 monthsI just signed up with them yesterday, just for GAS. I've done a research on each single energy provider and found Globird cheapest in GAS and Tango cheapest in Electricity, so I changed to these from Origin. I haven't got any e-mail or SMS or anything to confirm but it's early days...Hi Shayna, As an energy retailer, GloBird is licenced by the Victorian government’s ESC (Essential Services Commission), and also licenced by the AER (Australian Energy Regulator). The company is a registered participant of AEMO (Australian Energy Market Operator) therefore the company must comply with the same market rules and laws as AGL, Origin or any other energy retailer. This means they can only issue bills based on meter reads provided to them by an independent (and also government regulated) meter data provider, this is usually your local distributor. The meter data provider will only provide meter reads to one retailer at a time. If you switch from GloBird to another retailer, the independent meter data provider stops sending GloBird your meter reads and start sending them to your new retailer, so it’s impossible for GloBird to bill you beyond that point. You can contact your local distributor and verify that the reads your retailer is using to calculate your bill match with what is provided by the distributor. There is a disconnection charge when you move out of your premises. If you are just leaving Globird and changing to another retailer at the same premises than there are no charges. As for gas, we have been providing this service since July 2018.