Neato Botvac D Series

Neato Botvac D Series

D80/D85 and DC00

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Neato bots designed to break- 2 BROKEN - do not buy

Cleans great until it failed. First robot failed just inside warranty. They couldn't replace as they didn't have it anymore. Had to pay a little extra for a different one. Second one has failed just outside of warranty. Company is of no use to help. Pricey and designed to break.

Purchased in July 2017 at Myer for $879.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Only Buy This If You've Got Money To Throw Away

I had the neato replaced after only 8 months and now the replacement has lasted 9 months. Neato are telling me the replacement isn't covered under manufacturer warranty, so they don't even expect it to last a year. When it did work it constantly got stuck or couldn't get out of a corner. So after having it scheduled to vacuum while I was at work I'd still come home to have to manually vacuum. I feel so ripped off. Never ever will I buy another piece of American junk.

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $900.00.

Floor Type Wood

Bad quality, poor service

On the 16/9/2017 I bought at MYERS a Neato D8500 Botvac Robotic cleaner.
It worked satisfactorily until June 2018. I contacted then the agents of Neato listed in the warranty. I was told by a representative, when requesting repair under warranty, that the warranty was almost over and that the battery was not covered. I managed to get the unit serviced under warranty. It came back, it worked one day and then failed. It took 3 tries over several weeks to get it fixed.
In September 2018 It started playing-up intermittently about one failure every couple of weeks. A reset would clear the fault so being out of warranty I put up with it.
By December 2018 the battery held hardly any charge. I purchased a new battery on 04/01/19 at a cost of $139.95.
In March 2019 unit died completely. Sent it for repairs to a company interstate (the same one I bought the battery from). 2 weeks later no communication from this company. I e-mailed them on 03/04/19. Their answer “Yes, it is here, we will be looking at it early next week.” One month later nothing, so another e-mail. Their answer (verbatim) “Sorry, I thought we had sent the quote for this; it has just been sent.” Cost of repair: $330. I proceeded with the repair.
Finally, on the 17/05/19 it arrived. The battery was dead, not flat but dead. Obviously, if they tested the unit it wasn’t with this battery. I ordered another battery from different supplier before contacting the repair company to test the unit first with another battery.
After about a week without problems I contacted the repair company explaining what happened and demanded a new free replacement battery. Of course, I got no battery, no apologies, just that “all units are tested after repairs”.
Conclusion: From my above experience only buy products from companies that are established here in Australia and have their own service departments. If not, when a product fails after the warranty expires dump it and buy a new one.

Purchased in September 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $1,100.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Occasionally

Terrible. Been through 2 vaccs in 20 months

Trouble with this vacc from 3 months old. Not charging, not completing vacuum of the house. Replaced under Myer warranty. New vacc is now not charging too. So the headache begins again. My mum had the same issues and got a full refund after having it firstly replaced and then same issues with the new one. So 4/4 vacuums not even making it to two years. I dont know how they have the nerve to keep manufacturing these unreliable products. I will NEVER buy neato again. Do not buy!!!

Purchased in August 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $999.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

My new favourite appliance

My Neato is a godsent. My home has floorboards, carpet and tiles and the Neato is great for all of them. It maps the house out and manouvres its way around furniture with ease. When it needs to recharge, it makes it’s way back to the dock, charges, then picks up where it left off to finish the clean.

The dirt bin is quite small, but if you set it to run every day, I find that it’s big enough to do the house. I have 2 Labradors who drop A LOT of hair and it picks up after them well. I still use my Dyson vacuum on the carpet, but only once a week and that’s only for a deep clean to pick up all the dog hair. If you don’t have pets that drop hair, the Neato would probably be fine on it’s own.

The only thing that’s missing is the ability to set zones for cleaning specific areas rather than the whole house. I believe this is available on the more expensive models.

I set it to run each day when the house is empty and it’s so nice to come home to clean floors. The app works well to schedule cleans, or you can open it from anywhere and start the vacuum cleaning (as long as the vacuum is connected to your home WiFi)

Just beware of cords that hang down (eg phone chargers that aren’t being used) as they sometimes get caught up in the vacuum and it stops. It’s easy to fix, just a pain if you’re not home.

This is my first robot vacuum and I am definitely converted to this way of life!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

OK to start with then has issues

Pros: It cleans well on wood and tiled floors, great for dog hair.

Cons: After a year the battery dies and will need a new battery every year after that!! $100 for a replacement battery. then after 2 1/2 years the spinning brush stopped working, looked up to but a replacement but too hard to replace and you have to completely dismantle the unit to do it. now sitting and collecting dust in the corner!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

What a piece of junk!!

After 5 months the robot stopped working.It kept saying it was switched off when it wasn't and would not go at all. Attempted to have the issues rectified with Neato. After multiple calls and emails where I would constantly be asked to provide the same details I already had provided multiple time they still failed to do anything about and I went over a month with no vacuum. Kindly appliances online gave me a full refund for this faulty product, I will not be purchasing another Neato. Absolutely terrible customer service!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Third time lucky

Our first Neato Connected failed after about a year or so, which made me devastated as I relied on it so much. We searched the market at the time and couldn't find any other model that has decent size dust bin. I bit my lips went back to buy another Neato Connect. The second botvac failed after a month, which we brought back to Harvey Norman, who replaced us with a new one. This time the botvac worked so well without any hitch for more than a year now. I realised that we didn't change the filter often enough the first time. We now change the filter monthly.
We have floorboards and rugs which the botvac clean reasonably well, it picks up lots of the dogs hair and climb over obstacles like table feet etc without any problem. Very happy that we finally find the one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Keep your house clean with the neat-o Neato!

Neato (say it with an Aussie accent, it is not Ne-ya-tow!) is our family best friend, cleaning the house while we're at work, and keeping the cats amused, so we come home to a clean home and content kitties! We've used Neato in a 100sqm apartment and now house, and it takes about 45 mins for a thorough clean in one battery hit, and makes its way back to the base station. After a few months we had a problem where it wouldn't charge, and the company was fantastic dealing with the problem, sending out a new battery which resolved the problem. We love coming home and seeing the carpets freshly vacuumed and the floors free from cat hair. Thanks Neato! I've been recommending it to all my friends.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Second one we have bought

We bought our first one in 2016 and just got a second one for our son, he loves it after having a Xiaomi that kept getting suck and really didn't clean that well. I would highly recommend a Neato vacuum if you want good clean floors and carpet and have pets.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Works Well

This is a very good robot vacuum cleaner, It seems to work the best without clutter, has great suction, I'm impressed with how much it picks up as we run it every day now as robotic vacuums don't have the power of convention units they need to be run more often.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not worth

the machine is fine until it breakdown, i contacted official service centre and tried all the ways told so, still not working, then they told me have to get machine fixed by authorized company, it costed nearly A$90 for checking fee and after nearly 2 month they told me it need to replace mother board, total cost $520. then i bought xiao mi S50, $503 from Ebay, works much better than this Neato, and also can mop the floor. so from my point view, xiao mi S50 does better job and cost less.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

DO NOT BUY THIS VACUUM - they will die within the first year - NO warranty support from Neato.

I have had two Neato Botvac Connected robots - both failed after a short time. They get into some state whereby they leave the dock and loop through power-up and power-down cycles, then "Please press Ok to continue". Once this starts, they will never run a cleaning cycle again. Both failed well within warranty period. The first one failed in time that I could return it through Amazon. I got no help from Neato. And no warranty support.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Only built to last one year

Just within warranty it has broken with the please clean my dustbin warning. They sent replacement battery to no avail. Poor customer service and the unit remains sitting broken in our garage. It basically cost us $100 a month to clean, and we used it a lot, so I guess it has been ok but expect to get 2 years minimum out of a unit

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Only buy it if you are a lucky person for the rest of us my advice is "don't"

I bought my Neato on September 16th last year and it worked fine until the end of last month. Then it failed. After having it ‘repaired” under warranty by Neato support it was sent back to me with no information about the repair. Finally, I learnt that the display board was faulty. It worked for a couple of days and then it failed again. After arranging another pick-up, I went through another wasted day at home waiting for the courier. It came back again with no information and when asked for details I was told that it was an intermittent fault and that this time the ‘main board’ was the problem. This second time It worked for exactly 2 days and today it failed again. It says: “Please open my dirt bin and push switch DOWN to ON”. Of course, the switch is ON already. It is stuck in this mode no matter what I do.
After 22 days in this situation, and reading other similar negative reviews here, I think it is useless to contact again the so called ‘NEATO support’.
I definitely would no recommend this brand as the product is bad quality and the ‘support’ team even worse.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
I found out that by resetting the unit : holding the 'house button" down until the error message clears, It comes back to normal. I have to reset it about once a week. Apart from this it works fine. I have inspected other brands but they are 'toys' compared to the Botvac

Ok

Purchased in May broken down in late July due to blocked fan. Warranty advise this is not good and will need replacement unit. But whilst operating Neato was great amazing how much dust gathers over one day. Time will tell how warranty goes regarding replacement unit and life of replacement unit.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

It’s great until it breaks!

Used the vacuum 2 - 3 times a week. Made sure nothing big was left on the ground. Changed filter every 4-6 weeks (these aren’t cheap!). Had it just under one year and it broke. After a lot of discussion with the company, which has to be through email, they finally sent a ‘new’ one. It’s been less than 6 months and this one is broken too. Have been told that I am no longer under warranty as it lasts one year since purchasing. It doesn’t matter that machine is only 6 months old. Not worth the $1200 spent! I would find a better company with better customer service that’s accessible in Australia!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great machine

I love it, navigates from room to room on its own, much more intelligent then my old Roomba, I would recommend the Neato Connected. I hate vacuuming, or any cleaing for that matter..lol, now I need one to wash my car and windows. You will not be disappointed with the Connected.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Do not buy you have been warned

It broke once during warranty. Then it broke out of warranty (about a month out of the 12 month warranty). Of course we didn't get any support. Spent $400 to repair it because it kept saying the dirt bin wasn't in, when it was. Now a couple months later it is broken again. No fault message, it just won't go and it beeps. So broken 3 times and costs half it's purchase price to repair, but still doesn't work. Buy something that isn't a hunk of junk.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Could be better

I thought it was going to be a lot better then what it is. Doesn’t clean the corners very well as the side brush is very small. Filter is cheap and needs replacing every few months. It’s pretty noisy too. Other then that it’s ok the coolest feature is it goes back to its base

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Hi there, not happy jan, I read your review. Ive had several neatos too that were terrible, can you recommend a roomba that is good. I have a 2 bedroom unit, light colored tiles, no carpet, no pets. no kids, doesnt get very dirty. Needing something that actually vacuums with suction, not just the type that skim over the floors. with virtual wall or similar to contain it to certain areas. that returns to dock when it need to without going flat on the way or having issues attaching itself to the dock with no charging or battery issues That doesnt get lost, and can navigate to clean all areas efficiently eg: some machines keep going over one area repeatedly while missing other areas or take ages in their navigation to do an area due to their poor mapping Not wanting anything that gets stuck, climbs walls, gives error codes when nothing is wrong Not needing anything wireless or with an app as I dont use technology or have a smartphone ect. Hoping you can help Deb

Is it supposed to shout off if the bin gets full? The one time my got full it did not shut off.
Mine does, beeps a lot to let you know.Thank you Lisa, maybe mine beeped and I wasn't in the area. I know it didn't shut off but I really can't say it didn't beep. That is good to know.It should beep

I have a shag rug & wondering if it can handle that ?
Not very well. It's not really powerful enough to deal with this & the wheels will struggle to drive it around. You can place the magnetic strips under the edges of the rug to keep it off if you'd like, I suppose.I've got a super high pile rug and after trying it a few times it now just avoids it. Normal low pile rugs it handles no problem.

Neato Botvac D80/D85Neato Botvac DC00
CategoryRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $1,199.00$1,599.00
Weight4.1 kg4.1 kg
FeaturesWi-Fi Connectivity
Dimensions 100 x 335 x 321 mm100 x 335 x 321 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual