1, 2, 3

Pros

• Straightforward preparation

• Great value for money

• Gentle on your child's tummy

• Tastes good

• Breastfed Child Yes (26) · No (69)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (96) · No (1)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (26) · No (70)
Caz

CazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service and supply

I started my baby on this formula to wean her off breastmilk at 4 months, and after a month we couldn’t find NAN comfort 1 anywhere. Learnt it was due to a formula change, but the lack of supply was ridiculous. Couldn’t find it in any shops, and once you start a formula you aren’t suppose to change it because it can upset a babies tummy! So we had to change formula because of no other choice, which is a joke in my opinion. Should never not have a supply for this exact reason. Thankfully the new one i found is way better on her tummy!

Darcie M.

Darcie M.New South Wales

New Nan Comfort 1 is horrible!

My daughter was absolutely loving this formula and has been on it since she was born(now almost 4 months old) but this new recipe is absolutely horrible must of the time she doesn't even finish her feed before she starts projectile vomiting everywhere and has had terrible runny poos!!! I will be changing her formula. Can't stand to see her in pain with throwing up her entire feed every single feed!

Purchased in May 2021 for $20.50.

Dee

DeeBrisbane

New formula range

I have to agree with all the comments below regarding the new formula recipe. I feel like so many of us took so long to find a formula that worked and that our babies would thrive on, and now we're back to square one.
Vomiting an hour or more after feeds, extreme wind pain causing my baby agony, and diarrhoea.
It's heartbreaking to see them like that. Now what? I guess the expense and dilemma of trying to find another one that works

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles for $22.00.

Jade

JadeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New Formula Recipe

My little one was on Nan comfort 1 and thriving. Now that they have changed the ingredients he has become more sick, throwing up constantly and has really bad wind and gas. Disappointed with this product. Will be changing formula.

Purchased in April 2021 at Nestly Online store for $22.50.

Ella

EllaIllawarra, NSW

New formula sucks

So frustrating that the formula has suddenly changed without any warning. My son has had a horrible reaction to this and barely gets through his bottle without spitting up & vomiting. Will need to look at a different formula.

Purchased in May 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $18.00.

Noddy

NoddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Change of recipe has a very negative effect

My baby has been on Nan Comfort 1 since a few weeks old and was thriving on it! Now the company has changed the recipe, he has been spewing after each feed and even after an hour or so. His poos have been so runny as well. I'm upset and annoyed that not only the company changed the recipe and not give enough notice, but also hiked up the price for $3.50 more.
May have to find another formula AGAIN and experiment which will cost us even more money and more so the stress. Thanks heaps Nestlé.

Purchased at Coles for $20.50.

Prue M.

Prue M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New NAN comfortable is making my baby miserable

We had our 6 week old on nan comfort since the hospital and he was happy and thriving. We weren’t able to transition slowly into the new one due to supply issues now our baby is crying every time we lay him down, straining all day to poo and hard to burp. Unfortunately we’ve had to look into other formula and will be starting that today.

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles for $25.00.

Breastfed ChildYes
Sarah

SarahThe Mallee, VIC

Disappointing

My son was happy on this and we never had an issue.. All of a sudden the company changes the formula, now I have a very unsettled baby who is power spewing even with following the direction of the company and using both old and new (last tin of old, no where has it anymore).. Don't understand why or how companies can change something as important as formula. I am so upset have been crying all night because my baby is now suffering it took me ages to find a formula that suited him, now he is unsettled and I am sleep deprived after working hard to get my boy in a routine that is now ruined..

Purchased at Coles for $21.00.

Stacey

Stacey

Change in recipe sucks

My baby loved the old recipe for this formula, never had any issues from birth to 2 months, then there was a recipe update although he still drinks the formula, now his stomach is constantly sore he now has runny poo and he wheezes after drinking it for about an hour. I have had him on the new recipe since the shelves were restocked as I had just run out of the old recipe and it has not improved. I usually have a very happy baby and now he is upset all the time. The price increase also makes this product even less desirable.
Will most likely be changing to a different brand.

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles for $21.00.

Bel_ness

Bel_nessHunter Region, NSW

New recipe is horrible, why change it!!!

My baby has been on comfort 1 since before 1 month and he was a happy and healthy baby and never vomited. The new recipe he vomits after every feed, screams in pain and has been doing runny poos. Why change something that worked. Very disappointed. Will change to another brand for sure!

Purchased in May 2021 for $21.00.

Carolyn M.

Carolyn M.Sydney, NSW

Change in recipe made my baby sick

My daughter was on this formula from day 1 and we had no issues. Ever since the recipe/ingredients changed it made her incredibly sick. She started throwing up multiple times after each feed and also bad diarrhoea. Very disappointed with Nestlé, we will be changing to a different formula now.

Purchased in May 2021 at Nestle for $22.00.

Georgia N

Georgia NPerth, WA

Did not live upto the hype

My baby initially enjoyed drinking the formula from 4 weeks up until he was 2 months old.. he started getting terrible stomach pain and was unsettled 24/7 and wheezing. I have since changed formula and he has improved! It’s a shame because so many people used to rave about this formula but recently I know so many people having issues with NAN comfort.

Purchased for $17.00.

Ad

Best decision to switch to this

My 5 month old baby loves this formula! I started her on other organic brands and they did not suit her as she would be constipated with alot of colic until we made the switch to Nan Comfort 1 and we all could not be any happier!

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $17.00.

John N.

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

Price collusion - no retailer ever has this brand any cheaper than $17

NO Retailer - not Coles, Woolworths, Chemist Warehouse, IGA, ALDI - ever has this cheaper than $17 *EVER*. It is obvious illegal Price Fixing & Price Collusion is happening by the manufacturer, Nestle, and the ACCC just turns a blind eye to it all. It should hang its head in shame, what a useless organisation!

Purchased in January 2021 at IGA for $17.00.

sara

saraSouth East Queensland, QLD

I heard great things, but unfortunately didn't suit my bub.

My little girl had pretty bad reflux, and this definately flared that. She was very spewy after every bottle, and started to get awful trapped wind and tummy aches, it got to a point where she went on a bottle strike, so we had to change formulas, since change were much happier. Works for some, not for others unfortunately.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $18.00.

Mamabear712

Mamabear712

Didn’t work for my baby

This was the second formula I tried. I saw a great improvement from the first formula but after a few months my baby still had tummy pains more often than not and I have had to switch to another formula. It was a good formula for the price, it mixed well, and my baby seemed to like the taste.

Purchased for $17.00.

Susan

SusanGippsland, VIC

Saved my sanity and my marriage

After having our one month old cry continuously unable to settle her down other formulas hurt her soo much we chise nan comfort forst night she slept better and became so much happier very very easy formual to make and mixes well. Waiting to see if it helps her poo easier as she tends to be in a lot of pain pooing. So far we have found no problems

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $17.00.

Emily

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed to NAN comfort after reflux/regurgitation

Baby loves it!
He was 2 weeks old and had reflux/wind pain and would regurgitate on Aptimal Gold Plus every second feed.

Changed to NAN comfort at 3 weeks old as read about NAN comforts positive reviews!

His wind is halved and hasn’t regurgitated once.

The only negative is having to use 4 scoops, compared to two with other formulas.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $16.99.

Tayla

TaylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great formula, not suited to my bub

We tried NAN comfort after a suggestion from a few of our friends. Unfortunately bub did not like the formula and it gave her very hard, clay-like stools. However, a good handful of our friends highly recommended the formula and it is fantastic value for money - just not suitable for our little one.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $17.00.

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

Do not recommend ! Not sure why it’s even called comfort !

Something has changed in the ingredients for sure we used this for my daughter and it was amazing and now on our newborn it has been nothing but troubles causing severe constipation ! I mean he literally would scream pushing our pebbles / rocks. Not sure why it even is called “comfort” as my newborn was so distressed with clogged bowel from this formula and soo many other mums have said the same !

Purchased in August 2020 for $17.00.

Breastfed ChildNo

Remz

Remzasked

NAN Comfort 1

Since the new tin and receipi change my 4month old seems unsettled! His poos are a runny green colour, tummy seems uncomfortable and its like he wants to drink but in pain from drinking? His gas seems to be more frequent. I never had this before he was very happy and comfortable. What do i do?

Nora

Noraasked

NAN Comfort 1

Hi .. I switched my baby from Nan optipro to Nan comfort 1 my baby still got lots of colic and he doesn’t finish the bottle plus he pushes the bottle and cries and turns red most of the time .. he seems like he have more stomach pains than before .. they recommend Nan comfort but it seems like it’s not working? What advice you give me ?

Alam K.

Alam K.asked

NAN Comfort 1

I have a 4 weeks old baby . Can i use nan comfort 1 as a suppliment with breastfeeding?

Get an answer from our members and Nestle representatives

Features:

• Nestle’s NAN Comfort formula is made from cow’s milk to nurture your baby’s healthy development.
  • The formula’s packaging features a separate storage area for the scoop, and a semi-transparent window which lets you know straight away how much powder you have left in the can.
  • NAN Comfort 3 contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals, as well as probiotics to promote a healthy gut in your toddler.
  • Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula will cost you $21.99 for an 800g tin, while Stage 3 formula will cost you $16.99, meaning your wallet won’t be too much lighter.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers noted that their children enjoyed the taste of the formula.
  • This formula was gentle on babies’ tummies according to reviewers, and helped ease their infants’ reflux.
  • A lot of parents found that the design of the tin made the formula easy to prepare, meaning less stress for both parent and bub.
  • The formula is great value for money, and cheaper than a lot of other formulas on the market.
Compare all 3 Nestle NAN Comfort
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) $21.99$21.99$16.99
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123