4Nestle NAN Comfort

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes · No
3.1
Straightforward preparation
Great value for money
Gentle on your child's tummy
Tastes good

Roya
Roya4 posts

Bad for digestion, gives constant upset stomach

Oh dear, o feel terrible for my child. I had her on Nan Comfort for 4 weeks since delivery and discharge from hospital. I thought constant crying and being in extreme pain and getting red and upset constantly was normal and part of development. I watched her closely and gathered she gets a lot of reflux and blocked nose and again constantly painful crying. I changed her formula and my god I saved my child. She is a new baby, not one bit of painful crying. I feel terrible having her on this product. Show details
Tiana K.
Tiana K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

Makes babies sick

A $250 trip to emergency today because our baby stopped drinking. We were worried that she was coming down with an illness. They told us there was physically nothing wrong with our daughter. She refused nan supreme and nan comfort. She would drink and then start crying hysterically. We came home and she had diarrhoea. And was passing gas and crying in pain. It had occurred to us that it's the formula making our daughter feel unwell. We rushed out and bought apramil sensitive and right away she took a liking to it. And after reading the other reviews on here people seem to be having the same problem. Now we will stop giving it to her twin sister who is also passing a large amount of gas and vomiting up her feed. Show details
Charlotte
CharlotteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
George
GeorgeSydney17 posts
SarahAustralia4 posts

Horrible experience for my newborn

Switched to this formula when my son was 5 weeks old after alot of research and recommendations from trusted sources. I swapped from Karicare because I was concerned he may be constipated.
Never, never again.
This formula was awful, it gave him horrible wind pains, runny poo every bowel motion was diarrhoea and he vomitted/spat up after every single bottle which he hadn't done on previous formula. Not to mention the amount of extra bottles he was having just to satisfy him enough to sleep at all!!

I do not recommend this formula for anyone! We've gone back to karicare after just 1 week! Show details

Brittany P.
Brittany P.Sydney, NSW

I would never buy again

I've had 2 of my boys on this formula.
My first son ended up having really bad eczema and I was doing everything to try and help his skin and nothing worked. I never thought it was the formula until I had my 2nd son and started thinking about my first boys skin condition and realised that his skin cleared at 2-3 yrs old when he was no longer on nan comfort. Only to experience the same eczema type patches on my 2nd boys skin like his brother. I then chose to change to NOVALAC ALLERGY formula after reading reviews from others stating that it helped clear up their babies eczema. 2 weeks on the formula and my sons eczema fully cleared up. Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Brittany, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional, or for further information about the product please give our Careline team a call on 1800 468 8736.

Ammy K.
Ammy K.South Australia3 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified 1

Please do not buy for your newborn

This milk is not good for newborn as my baby cried alot with gas and pain.
I tried infacol and gripe water but still my baby was crying after every feed and he was turning red while crying.
I switched the formula to s26 gold and now baby is happy and enjoying his milk with no pain. Show details
Ryan M.
Ryan M.North Queensland, QLD

Made our little one sick

Recommended to us by hospital staff to top up breastfeeds. Newborn stiff and screaming About 10-20 minutes after a bottle. Always unsettled and passing mucous. Wouldn't recommend at all. Show details
KBM
KBM5 posts
Nestle   DM

We are sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. If we can help with further information about the product, please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736 and for personal advice, please reach out to your healthcare professional.

MumTo4
MumTo429 posts

Its changed for the worse!

My 8yo thrived on nan comfort 8 years ago so we tried with our new baby this time around. He was always spewy, constipated, struggled to pass wind. Thrashed around in discomfort at night. Changed to karicare and he’s not spewing, poops every day and passes wind so easily!

I feel bad that I let my
Little boy suffer for 5 months on this formula Show details

Bridget
Bridget2 posts

Happy baby

We tried this formula for mix feeding on recommendation from a hospital lactation consultant. Our baby had terrible gas and discomfort on another formula brand which was immediately resolved with this switch. A much happier and quieter baby, highly recommend for anyone switching to formula. Show details
Lisa J.
Lisa J.2 posts

Not great

We tried this formula after rave reviews from friends and child health nurses.
Unfortunately it didn’t work for us. Baby was very unsettled, always hungry and screaming in pain from gas. Switched to another NAN product. Show details
Cloud
Cloud2 posts
  Fair Incentive 3

Easy to use, easy transition

My child transitioned from another brand to this one happily without any issues. We've gone through half a tin so far without any side effects or reactions. It was easy to prepare without any lumps. Show details
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.Perth, WA
  Fair Incentive 4

Great Taste..... Perfect!!

This is great for my daughter who still likes a bottle after dinner and before bedtime.
Taste great, yes I've tried it.
My daughter never had any trouble starting this formula, I didn't transition it slowly. No stomach upset etc
Easy to prepare, water, bottle, scoop and shake ☺️ Show details
Essym
Essym2 posts

Great substitute for breastmilk

My child enjoyed the milk. I was in the process of weaning them and this formula seems to have agreed with him . He drinks it without refusing and so far has not had constipation. Show details

sheril s.
sheril s. · NAN Comfort 1

How are your bubs on Nan comfort 1 the new formula? I just bought a can reading all the good reviews but realised later that the reviews were based on the old formula of Nan Comfort.

Sarah

My son suffered on the new formula! We ended up going back to karicare because nan gave him horrific tummy pain and every poo was watery/diarrhoea. It was awful :(

Nestle   DM

Hi Sheril, if we can assist with information about the product, please give our Careline team a call on 1800 468 8736.

Nazeera K.
Nazeera K. · NAN Comfort 1

hi guys I was giving my new born baby nan optic pro and it's constipated him so I changed to milk to lactogen and his still fussing and moan information with stomach cramps I want to now change his milk to nan comfort 1 the silver tin does anyone of u recommend that this would help?

Lucy W.
Lucy W. · NAN Comfort 1

Hi can I mix Nan AR formula with Nan comfort 1 for my 4 week old

Nestle   DM

Hi Lucy, if we can be of assistance with information about our products, please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.

Mara B.
Mara B.

Did you try this Lucy? I'm thinking the same for one of my 14 week old twins. He has ar but is struggling with the consistency

Nestle   DM

Hi Mara, our Careline team can be contacted on 1800 468 8736 for information about our products, and please reach out to your healthcare professional for advice regarding any concerns you may have.

Features:

• Nestle’s NAN Comfort formula is made from cow’s milk to nurture your baby’s healthy development.
  • The formula’s packaging features a separate storage area for the scoop, and a semi-transparent window which lets you know straight away how much powder you have left in the can.
  • NAN Comfort 3 contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals, as well as probiotics to promote a healthy gut in your toddler.
  • Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula will cost you $21.99 for an 800g tin, while Stage 3 formula will cost you $16.99, meaning your wallet won’t be too much lighter.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers noted that their children enjoyed the taste of the formula.
  • This formula was gentle on babies’ tummies according to reviewers, and helped ease their infants’ reflux.
  • A lot of parents found that the design of the tin made the formula easy to prepare, meaning less stress for both parent and bub.
  • The formula is great value for money, and cheaper than a lot of other formulas on the market.
Compare all Nestle NAN Comfort listings
Nestle NAN Comfort 4
  • Discontinued
Nestle NAN Comfort 44.2
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) $25.99$25.99$20.49$17.49
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)Junior (2+ years)
Stage1234