Nestle NAN Supreme

Is there a problem with manufacturing batch?

To,
Nestle Australia Ltd
Homebush Bay drive
Rhodes, NSW 2138
Australia

I would like to bring following to your notice regarding an infant food formula.
I had purchased an infant formula as per following product details:
Nestle NAN Supreme 1, Premium starter infant formula.
Batch No L 80670742F1 19:26
Use by 08.03.2020
I used it as per the directions by the manufacturer. On feeding about 10 ml of the formula to my 5 week old child, I noticed following:
1. The baby was lethargic.
2. The baby slept more than usual.
3. The baby was sleepy most of the time.
4. The baby gave a dazed look while awake.
5. Baby appeared to fall asleep with her eyes wide open.
6. The baby was less playful and less interactive than usual.
7. The baby was quieter than usual.
8. The baby declined to have formula feed.
9. The appetite of the baby fell down drastically by >50%.
10. The baby slept off while consuming the feed formula as well as breast milk.
11. The baby did not have enough strength to suckle the breast and did not make any attempts at breast feed.
12. The baby passed lots of foul smelling gas.

These symptoms and signs recurred after every attempt to feed the baby with the same batch of formula.
We observed the baby for few hours and then changed the formula of the same brand but of a different batch and manufacturing date. Within 12 hours since the change, the baby has regained the strength, awareness, appetite, achieved the previous sleep-wake-feed pattern and is behaving normally.
We suspect that the mentioned batch of the formula has some ingredient which has led to this problem. We have quarantined and retained the unused content.
We would like to report this matter for suitable investigation to prevent any harm to any other user of this product. We would like to know the outcome of this investigation.

Have any other consumers noticed any similar incidence?
Thanking you
Yours sincerely

Purchased in April 2019 for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Great product

Never had any issue with nan . Using it for my second child mow no problems . No side effects baby enjoy drinking easy to pre pare . Runs out in shops very quick

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $33.00.

perfect

bought this formula for my little one just to try, didn't expected too much because l tried s26 and another brand(cannot recall) before but my baby didn't like them, thought it might take several attempts to finally find the right one for him. lucky my baby seemed to like the taste. mission completed...

Purchased in March 2018.

Worst ever for my baby!

I have a very fussy baby and we tried so many formulas. Nan was the worst. On nan my baby didn't poo for 5 days, was crying with tummy pain and when he pooed it was black and sticky like tar. We switched to karicare and things have improved dramatically.

Purchased in February 2019 for $25.00.

Breastfed Child No
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

My boy's favorite formula since birth

It is my boy's favorite formula since birth. It is easy for digestion, easy for preparation. My little boy never had any side effects or reaction to drinking this formula. It is creamy and smells good. Also it is cheaper than other overpriced formulas.

Purchased in November 2018 at Coles.

Breastfed Child No

Perfect for little tummies

I first started using Nan Supreme 1 to top up my son after a breastfeed from age 6 weeks and he loved it straight away! We have had no problems with constipation or upset tummy and my son has thrived. It is definitely worth paying the little bit extra to know my bub will be happy!

BBy formula

Baby love this formula. There are no side effects from the products. My baby gets weight from the formula. Very easy to prepare. Baby loves and enjoy drinking. Packing put safe amd freah formula for long time. Easily avilable in stores. Love this product. One of my friend refers me this product.

really great!

Have had my five month old on this formula since 3months because he started to get bad eczema on his forehead and since we have no rashes! The only bad thing about this formula is that it makes his poo very green and really smelly but he is fine and doctors and nurses have informed me it’s normal. Very easy to prepare and love that the scoop can sit on top so I never have to put my hands in the formula.

Great brand and formula, used all stages since birth

After having latching difficulties at birth, we were offered some nan formula to use by the hospital so I could build up a breast milk supply.
I ended up exclusively expressing breast milk for 8 months.
We went along with the hospital’s recommendation and used Nan as a back up to expressed breast milk.
After returning to work early when my son was 9 months we had to up the intake of formula as I could no longer express as often.
My son is now nearly 2 and continues to use nan. It has worked perfectly for him and was nice and gentle on his gut.

Perfect food for Babies

Formula is very easy to prepare with no side effects at all. Using since this formula was given to my daughter when we were in hospital and we have been on it ever since. I have studied about this product along with it's benefits in relation to nutrients provided to new born. I would recommend this product to family friends.

Beat for my babies

I have tried many brands of formula over three children I have had but always come back to Nan HA as it is super gentle on the tummy and doesn’t give your baby reflux or Collic which can be very upsetting to a little tummy. Highly recommend to any new parents

Good formula for newborn

I used this formula as it was what was given to my child when we were in hospital and we have been on it ever since. There has been no side effects and I feel comfortable giving my baby this formula daily. We will definitely stick to the NAN brand.

My 2 year old Loves it!!

Easy to mix, easy on my toddlers tummy, have tried other formulas when the bottle was first introduced but had issues with wind and tummy cramping, have been using since a friend recommended it when my daughter was 6 months old and have not even once considered changing since that day!

Excellent product

My baby loves this particular formula over a few others, it seems to keep bub fuller than others for longer. My baby has had no side effects and I've been using this product for a few months now. Nan is an easy formula to prepare, my only criticism is too many little scoops in one bottle, time consuming when bub needs a feed.

Son likes formula

The formula is easy to prepare and my son loves it, he drinks it all and tries to drink it so quick. However, it gives him reflux and wind- that’s the only reason I’m giving 4 stars. We also used this with my daughter when she was little and same it gave her find and reflux.

Perfect for my kids

Feed this formula to both of my children after I was unable to breastfeed. Kids took to it well without upsetting their little tummy's at all. Been able to store and easily prepare for kids, instructions are clear and simple.
Definitely a great formula that I would quickly recommend to all friends.

This is excellent

Our Baby seem to enjoy drinking this formula. My baby have not side effects or reaction to drinking formula. The formula very easy to prepare .My baby very much seem to enjoy drinking this formula . My baby never have any side effect and reaction to drinking this nice formula

Very sick baby!!

We changed from another formula due to constipation and under instructions from our GP and Paediatrician we changed to this formula. Once we started this formula, a few days in, baby started to develop eczema, excruciating gas pains (pulling legs up) and poo went dark green and foul smell! She became unsettled and wouldn't sleep! She had all signs and symptoms of severe colic - until we read others reviews! We have changed to another formula now and she's an angel - no colic symptoms AT ALL!
We seen this product has changed it's name to "supreme" now - "Supremely horrible" more like it! Nestle need to review their product as majority of comments are the same and making our babies VERY sick!

Good baby formula

I was having a small amount of milk for my baby at the beginning becouse he was big baby and asking for more milk than usually newborn need. We start using this formula as top up after every breastfeeding and my baby was happy and enjoyed drinking this..it is easy to prepare... and does not makes any problems to baby stomach

Easy to digest

my 9months old son is using this formula. we started with HA1 gold and change to HA2 when he turn 6months. he is digesting this formula without any issue. no issue with the product except sometime I have to search in different store due to limited supply. overall best product for toddlers.

Are you able to use NAN supreme 4 on a 1 month old baby? A family member had brought the wrong formula and I am unable to take it back to the shops as it didn’t come with a receipt.
My husband bought the wrong tin and lost the receipt. As long as you haven't opened the product and it is in date they should exchange for you.... if not I would put it aside for when your little one is older to use

I feel slightly confused about your recent rebrand. We were using the NAN opti pro Hd Gold and now it seems to be rebranded to Just NaN opti pro??? Should I swap to NaN supreme gold to insure my 3 month old is still getting enough nutrition? Why have done this?

I have a two month old baby. I have changed from Nan Optipro to NAN Optipro HA due to baby having a lot of gas and was wringling alot during feed. Being a first time mum.. I have explained this situation to different pharmacists and they suggested that I change to NAN Optipro HA. From the time I changed to NAN Optipro HA- my baby has been passing dark green runny like poo and it stinks awfully when she passes gas. I did not have such problems with NAN Optipro that I was initially using. Can I go back to NAN Optipro? Would it affect my baby if I change again?
First I would like to mention it is always a good idea to talk to your maternal nurse. I’m pretty sure it takes about 7 days for babies to get used to the new formula. If your child has a problem with gas you could always try infants friend or gripe water- I used with both my children. They probably changed formula because I believe the iron is lower and iron is what makes the gas. Maybe just try gripe water and if that doesn’t work you can always go back to other formula. However, I would like to say that dark green poo is pretty normal for a formula fed baby as long as it’s not like really running or blood in it. I hope that helps again it’s important to talk to your maternal health nurse. All the best :)

NAN Supreme 1NAN Supreme 2NAN Supreme 3NAN Supreme 4 Toddler
Price (RRP) $29.99$29.99$29.99$29.99
Contains MilkYesYesYesYes
Stage1231
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)Infant (0-6 months) and Follow-On (6-12 Months)

• GTIN13: 7613035187719