Nestle NAN Supreme

See the Best Baby Formulas in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unfortunately Didn't Work For Us, but seek professional advice

We were trying both Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro 2 and Nestle NAN Supreme 2 to feed our baby based on a recommendation from a dietian. Bubs was being weaned from another specialist formula and this was a test to see which one baby accepted better.

Unfortunately NAN Supreme didn't work for our baby.

Bubs was quite refluxy on this formula which led us to suspect baby might have a milk allergy. I'd recommend seeing a paediatrician or dietitian if you require more advice for your child's feeding needs as your experience and circumstances would be different from ours.

Baby is tube-fed and we had no problems mixing up the formula and pushing the feed down the pump.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.49.

Very uncomfortable newborn

My baby son was only a few weeks old when I placed him on Nan Supreme 1, he suffered the following:

- Bouts of crying after each feed
- Green runny stools and
- Overall discomfort

Purchased in April 2019.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Green poo, frequent spit up and some vomiting

My baby used NAN since birth but starting 2 weeks he started having green poo. Frequent spit up and occasional vomiting. He also not pooping for 2-3 days. I changed to Aptamil which resolves all this issues but wit Aptamil he was having Up to 5 poops every day which is not good as well.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $29.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Happy Baby, Happy Family!

We decided to bottle feed straight away and as sad as it sounds, the way we chose our formula was to go to Coles at the end of the day and see what was left on the shelves.. then we knew we wouldn’t struggle to find our brand. This was the option we went for. In hospital we were given another brand which didn’t agree with our Bub and switched when we went home, it was an almost instant improvement. Keeps our baby happy which means parents are happy!

Purchased in June 2019.

Very good, Baby Is Active and Growing Well

My baby has been using NAN Supreme since he was born. He looks quite well nourished and never fallen sick, as well as showing really good signs of development and growths.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $17.00.

My baby's favourite choice

My baby like NAN very much. He enjoys drinking NAN. In my opinion, my little one did not face any side effects. It provides more energy. Easy to prepare. NAN could be a good option of formula.

Purchased in March 2019.

Is there a problem with manufacturing batch?

To,
Nestle Australia Ltd
Homebush Bay drive
Rhodes, NSW 2138
Australia

I would like to bring following to your notice regarding an infant food formula.
I had purchased an infant formula as per following product details:
Nestle NAN Supreme 1, Premium starter infant formula.
Batch No L 80670742F1 19:26
Use by 08.03.2020
I used it as per the directions by the manufacturer. On feeding about 10 ml of the formula to my 5 week old child, I noticed following:
1. The baby was lethargic.
2. The baby slept more than usual.
3. The baby was sleepy most of the time.
4. The baby gave a dazed look while awake.
5. Baby appeared to fall asleep with her eyes wide open.
6. The baby was less playful and less interactive than usual.
7. The baby was quieter than usual.
8. The baby declined to have formula feed.
9. The appetite of the baby fell down drastically by >50%.
10. The baby slept off while consuming the feed formula as well as breast milk.
11. The baby did not have enough strength to suckle the breast and did not make any attempts at breast feed.
12. The baby passed lots of foul smelling gas.

These symptoms and signs recurred after every attempt to feed the baby with the same batch of formula.
We observed the baby for few hours and then changed the formula of the same brand but of a different batch and manufacturing date. Within 12 hours since the change, the baby has regained the strength, awareness, appetite, achieved the previous sleep-wake-feed pattern and is behaving normally.
We suspect that the mentioned batch of the formula has some ingredient which has led to this problem. We have quarantined and retained the unused content.
We would like to report this matter for suitable investigation to prevent any harm to any other user of this product. We would like to know the outcome of this investigation.

Have any other consumers noticed any similar incidence?
Thanking you
Yours sincerely

Purchased in April 2019 for $30.00.

Great product

Never had any issue with nan . Using it for my second child mow no problems . No side effects baby enjoy drinking easy to pre pare . Runs out in shops very quick

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $33.00.

perfect

bought this formula for my little one just to try, didn't expected too much because l tried s26 and another brand(cannot recall) before but my baby didn't like them, thought it might take several attempts to finally find the right one for him. lucky my baby seemed to like the taste. mission completed...

Purchased in March 2018.

Worst ever for my baby!

I have a very fussy baby and we tried so many formulas. Nan was the worst. On nan my baby didn't poo for 5 days, was crying with tummy pain and when he pooed it was black and sticky like tar. We switched to karicare and things have improved dramatically.

Purchased in February 2019 for $25.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

My boy's favorite formula since birth

It is my boy's favorite formula since birth. It is easy for digestion, easy for preparation. My little boy never had any side effects or reaction to drinking this formula. It is creamy and smells good. Also it is cheaper than other overpriced formulas.

Purchased in November 2018 at Coles.

Perfect for little tummies

I first started using Nan Supreme 1 to top up my son after a breastfeed from age 6 weeks and he loved it straight away! We have had no problems with constipation or upset tummy and my son has thrived. It is definitely worth paying the little bit extra to know my bub will be happy!

BBy formula

Baby love this formula. There are no side effects from the products. My baby gets weight from the formula. Very easy to prepare. Baby loves and enjoy drinking. Packing put safe amd freah formula for long time. Easily avilable in stores. Love this product. One of my friend refers me this product.

really great!

Have had my five month old on this formula since 3months because he started to get bad eczema on his forehead and since we have no rashes! The only bad thing about this formula is that it makes his poo very green and really smelly but he is fine and doctors and nurses have informed me it’s normal. Very easy to prepare and love that the scoop can sit on top so I never have to put my hands in the formula.

Great brand and formula, used all stages since birth

After having latching difficulties at birth, we were offered some nan formula to use by the hospital so I could build up a breast milk supply.
I ended up exclusively expressing breast milk for 8 months.
We went along with the hospital’s recommendation and used Nan as a back up to expressed breast milk.
After returning to work early when my son was 9 months we had to up the intake of formula as I could no longer express as often.
My son is now nearly 2 and continues to use nan. It has worked perfectly for him and was nice and gentle on his gut.

Perfect food for Babies

Formula is very easy to prepare with no side effects at all. Using since this formula was given to my daughter when we were in hospital and we have been on it ever since. I have studied about this product along with it's benefits in relation to nutrients provided to new born. I would recommend this product to family friends.

Beat for my babies

I have tried many brands of formula over three children I have had but always come back to Nan HA as it is super gentle on the tummy and doesn’t give your baby reflux or Collic which can be very upsetting to a little tummy. Highly recommend to any new parents

Good formula for newborn

I used this formula as it was what was given to my child when we were in hospital and we have been on it ever since. There has been no side effects and I feel comfortable giving my baby this formula daily. We will definitely stick to the NAN brand.

My 2 year old Loves it!!

Easy to mix, easy on my toddlers tummy, have tried other formulas when the bottle was first introduced but had issues with wind and tummy cramping, have been using since a friend recommended it when my daughter was 6 months old and have not even once considered changing since that day!

Excellent product

My baby loves this particular formula over a few others, it seems to keep bub fuller than others for longer. My baby has had no side effects and I've been using this product for a few months now. Nan is an easy formula to prepare, my only criticism is too many little scoops in one bottle, time consuming when bub needs a feed.