NetComm N600 NB16

2.0

Kathy

KathyRozelle

Cheap and very basic

I bought this router as my previous broke and thought that I needed to write the review because it is a very basic router and also does not have a good range. It works well in small spaces and needs a wifi extender for bigger areas. I am not sure if it is worth recommending.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Completely useless for online gaming

If you want to play online games with this router it is completely and utterly useless, you fully lag out most of the time event though your ps4 is 1 meter away from the router, an Ethernet cable will slightly improve the lag however it's still a completely useless internet connection with an Ethernet cable.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
    Sonia

SoniaSydney

Basic router, works well in small spaces

This is a basic router and works well for a small apartment or office. It does not have a big wifi range and you would probably need a wifi extender for a house. I registered it for 2-year warranty and got an additional 1-year warranty. I have happy with the product considering the price and warranty for peace of mind.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Blue_Daisy

Blue_DaisySydney

Reliable, however can have improved Wiifi reception

It is a reliable and versatile router for both ADSL, ADSL 2+ and NBN and also has 4G support. IT would suit a smaller environment because of its range. Via Wifi reception is around 2-3 bars only if you are more than 25 meters away. I think that this router can be improved on the WIFI range.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
    JDD

JDDSydney

Good router with 4G support

This is a very solid dual band router with 4G support. Signal is surprisingly strong for such a small router without external antennas. You can also configure network storage and use it as your central cloud. 4G capability is solid.
    It does both ADSL and NBN, so a very versatile appliance indeed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    EisakT

EisakTVictoria, 3818

This Is An OK Router For Small Homes Without Max Internet Speeds.

This wifi router came with our iiNet NBN plan of which we got the maximum speeds for our plan. The wifi router doesn’t have the capability to sustain those speeds so if your plan doesn’t include the max speeds this should be fine. That’s not all though. The coverage is actually pretty alright considering that there are no external antennas sticking up out of the back of the router. But when I place my device directly on the other side of the brick wall in the garage joined onto our house it registers as 2/3 bars but the actual internet doesn’t work. It doesn’t load or anything. This is really weird! Good budget router but don’t purchase it for max speeds and large-scale coverage.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Embarrassing

Constantly drops out. Having to factory reset and set up WAN connection at least every fortnight and usually even then it won't work for a couple of days. We are with Active Utilities and they just keep sending new routers no charge because the NetComm router is so unreliable and low quality.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    Corey

CoreyAdelaide

Extremely slow

Only briefly had the this in my possession. While using it I found the router crashed regularly, and was constantly resetting to try and fix. Only lasted a month before the machine would no longer provide reliable connection as one of the ports became faulty and was forced to purchase a new new router. This was supplied by iiNET I would have preferred not receiving it at all. As well as all the other problems I have had with iiNET I would not recommend this router as its not worth hassle.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    K man

K manCranbourne

A+

Changed service providers so needed a new modem. So many to choose from but didn't want to spend a fortune. I saw this and it offered everything I needed. Dual band, wifi, very simple to self install and configure. I'm on tier 5 speed (100/40) stream Netflix, Stan and Amazon without any buffering while the kids are on the iPad playing games. Well worth the investment for what we need.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Keeps freezing

Trustpower Tauranga supplied me with this modem for my fibre UFB and from day one it has frozen when more than one wifi device is connected. A total pain in the proverbial. It has made my first experience with ultra fast, feel ultra slow. I would not recommend this modem to anyone.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Terrible quality

I don't usually write reviews, however this router crashes frequently and now the ADSL port became faulty while the rest of the machine works. We now need to purchase a new router. This was supplied by iiNET and it was woeful. iiNET have just lost another customer as well now. You shouldn't purchase this router as its not worth the money or the headaches it will cause when it does fail.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
    ReynoBurkey

ReynoBurkeyMoranbah

Painfully slow

We got ours from iiNet & it hasn't worked properly in about a year.
    This modem may be ok if you have a small home with low usage levels (eg one computer and a few phones on wifi). Anything more than that, and it just can't handle it. It is really a cheap, entry level modem.
    If you want to run multiple computers/laptops, stream or download video or music, or have a number of wifi devices, this won't be suitable.
    iiNet offered us their new standard modem as a replacement, but it's also an entry level model. We'll be upgrading to something with more capacity ASAP

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Poor Quality

This is what iinet customers are supplied for the NBN and it does not last very long. Starts out ok but wears out very quickly. If you have to have this one, find a replacement to have as back up for when it fails. Message to iinet don't supply rubbish like this if you wish to retain customers. I would gladly pay more for a good reliable product.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

The worst

It is actually ridiculous how terrible and slow this modem and the netcomm service is. My download speed at one point was 5 bytes/s when the average is 2.3 MB/s. I can't even load a YouTube video without it buffering, a 3 minute video takes around 10 minutes to watch because I have to wait for this terrible Internet to work. That's not even mentioning that at some points it just completely stops working. There is no 0 star but this piece of garbage deserves it. It is barely a modem and netcomm wireless is barely a service provider. Definitely switching.

IraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never ever buy or accept this modem.

iiNet sent us this modem as a replacement to another modem which could not give the desired speed. This one is hopeless. Leave aside speed, it cannot give you a continuous internet connection. What worse can you expect? Tried resetting to factory default still nothing happens. Returning it to iiNet.

Steve e

Steve ePerth, WA

Extremely Disappointed

After hooking up to the NBN, I decided to change my provider to iinet. A free N600 modem was provided.
    To be honest, my coverage and speed were immeasurably better with the old Bigpond ADSL2 modem. Rang for tech support, tried other settings, completely useless! I'm extremely disappointed! iinet should remove is insipid modem from there options.

Disgraceful

I contacted iinet as my old modem wasnt working well and they replaced it with this piece of junk. It definitely connected and allowed me to access the internet but immediately caused me wifi pain. The signal dramatically dropped. I have been playing around with channels but where my last modem was fair, this is weak to not present most times.

WuldemirdTauranga

Totally crap!

Same result here in NZ - TrustPower is using this piece of crap as router for their fibre clients!! Can you image - FIBRE - the router's WiFi is so terrible that it even can't stream properly 64bit radio - connections just freeze and router has to be restarted. Speed is just hideous - never more than 8.5Mbps - that's lees than 11g, even if you stand right in front of it. 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz cannot be used independent - high traffic on 5 means 2.4 won't work anymore...

Disgraceful product

Drops out every 6 seconds, what a con what are iiNet thinking how do they expect market share with such crap.

Westnet modem NetComm NB16WV-02 Doesn't Work!!!

I had to pay for this modem and it only partially worked. Ok, It connected to the internet but only on a good day. My printer connected every other day. Apple Time Capsule Router fixed the problem immediately. Westnet Modem is now in a paper bag so I don't have to look at it.