Netgear AC3200 R8000

Netgear AC3200 R8000

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

MLO

MLO

Fabulous

Best ever, this router has not skipped a beat. It is not ISP specific which was important. Tri-band, and selects the least traffic-heavy bandwidth so you always get great speed. It also connected smoothly to a mobile/SIM (4G LTE) modem I tried it with out of curiosity. We have no dead spots. Paid good money for it but we definitely get the value.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Explorer

ExplorerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nighthawk a great router

The netgear nighthawk is a great router which provides excellent speed and safety. It can be connected to more than 10 person simultaneously and offers no loss of data and speed. It also covers a large distance. Even a 2 storey house is fully covered and also even if we are outside the fence

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Gavy

GavyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Quality Product

I bought this product last year and I am very happy with this product. Before this I had buffering problem with my TV Box and my laptop was running bit slow with old modem but this router solved every wifi problem and I can run multiple devices with no problem and Net gear is a trusted brand.

Nomi

NomiMelbourne

Not a bad router

Nice router, full of great features, more than what most home users would need or use.
Hardwares a little outdated.
Didn't live up to expectations, wifi signal strength wasn't all that great. Had a few drop out issues on multiple devices <10 meters away, one being a new AC adaptor each time fixed by a router reboot no other solution worked...
(So I returned it) - slight chance my ine was faulty

If you get it on sale for under $250 go for it otherwise, theres better!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dean

DeanCoffs harbour

Great for the gaming/streaming family

I brought one of these because I was timing out. I have two daughters and my wife who stream netflix while i game, this product allows everyone to stream while I game. Been using one for just under a year. Easy set up and the parental controls are great definitel purchase

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Astrid B

Astrid BMelbourne

Love it. What a beast.

Bought this to go with my new NBN connection. Whilst my NBN had issues, this router did not. It is robust, sends wifi all throughout my house and has lots of advanced features to play with in the settings. although it is on the expensive side I think it’s worth the money.

John

JohnAdelaide

Excellent, reliable and fast router.

I have had this router for a few years now and have had no faults whatsoever. The range is excellent and maintains and consistent speeds even being a few rooms away from the router in a double brick house. The user interface could do with some modernising, however it comes when a handy companion app that can be used remotely and locally. All in all a solid, reliable and fast router. Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Mickyy

Mickyymelbourne

Good all rounder

Awesome router. Have had it for about 3 years now I'm guessing and its been great. There has been a few issues with it randomly kicking iPads off the network and not allowing them to join (still not sure why). Other than that it's been great, awesome range, gets through 2 brick walls to reach the whole house where other routers couldn't.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Simon

SimonSydney, NSW

Secure, great range and fast.

I have had my router for well over a year now and not had a single problem. This is a great router, with heaps of features that allows you to you it in a number of ways. It is very easy to setup and secure, using built-in software.

The router is tri-band and handles multiple streams and gaming all at the same time.

Setting up restricted access via Mac address is very easy and complex passwords are supported.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Vicki B

Vicki BAU

Not all it's cracked to be

Date PurchasedDec 2017

MrKareem33

MrKareem33Hobart

Solid Modem, but extra aerials have not resulted in extra coverage

This is a good modem, with a relatively easy to use interface, and good (not great) Apps available.

I say 'not great', because I believe the Apps available for ASUS and D-Link modems are better, as is the interface.

Also, in comparison to the Wi-Fi distance I received with my D-Link DIR-865L AC1750 Cloud Router, despite the D-Link aerials being internal, I've received no extra coverage.

My ASUS RT-AC68U Dual Band Wireless AC1900 received better coverage than this Netgear, however it developed hardware issues, so I needed to replace it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

DaveDee

DaveDeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks and performs like a Lamborghini Huracan

Aggressive looks make it look like a real performer and it does not disappoint. This is a whole new level in performance with surprising range and wireless speed when 2 5g bands are merged. More difficult and time consuming to set up manually but the rewards are with the effort. A powerful piece of equipment worth the money

Date PurchasedMar 2017

allexiis

allexiisMelbourne

it works!!

A dependable performer, the R8000 passed our saturation test where we play a Netflix movie on an Android tablet, watch a TV show on a Windows PC and listen to an Internet radio, all while swapping data with a networked drive. There was more than enough throughout left over for a Hearhtstone gaming session.

At $300, the Netgear R8000 router is one of the most expensive routers in its class. And, while it doesn't provide the fastest overall speeds, it can securely blanket a home in data. Among other 802.11ac routers, the $249 Linksys WRT1900 and $220 ASUS RT-AC68U offer faster throughput for less money. Still, if you're looking for maximum range, the Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 (R8000) won't disappoint.

Varun

Varun

A friendly Monster

Bought the router for a decent price on sale. While I have tested range of the router I would not say it is that phenomenal. However it is really good at managing multiple Devices. Triple band and smart optimization to minimize congestion. Lots of features in the software for managing devices and guest accounts. Netgear Genie also allows you to remote login and check on your router health. I have had easy installations with different modems. In one of the cases I had to manually set up a bridge. However more recently Netgear Genie was able to mirror the router configuration setup page just by using a wizard.

Date PurchasedJul 2016