Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

1.6

Tanmay

TanmaySydney, NSW

The worst product I have ever bought.

This is the worst product I have ever bought from priceline. Just in 2 washes my whole face became so dry, flacky, red and the area around my mouth was really dry and painful. This product should ideally be banned in Australia. My skin is looking pathetic and full face is hurting. Please do not buy this product at all as I don’t want anyone to go through this pain.
Pathetic product.

Purchased in September 2020 at Priceline for A$10.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Nishu

NishuSydney, NSW

How can this product be legal?

I got this product from Chemist Warehouse because I trust Neutrogena brand. After 2-3 washes I started getting irritation on my face. When I woke up next morning I got painful rashes on my face. Skin is swollen and it turned so dry that it is continuously wearing out. Vaseline or Aloevera gel would make no difference to dryness and it’s still painful after 2 days. Looks like I have to visit doctor. I am regretting to not read reviews before buying this product. This product should be banned.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$7.99.

Burning lips

This wash was okay at first, but by the next morning after using it the night before my lips were so painful and red. The corners of my mouth have scabs and are also very irritated and painful. It basically feels like intense dry lips that wont go away no matter what. I've used lip balm so many times while using this product and the painful red lips wont heal. Luckily the rest of my face hasn't experienced any redness/ other issues like the other reviewers here, but I cannot deal with the pain on my lips. It's a real shame because my mom was already starting to notice my skin clearing after just 2 days of using it.

Purchased in July 2020 at Safeway for A$10.00.

James F

James FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Was Fine At First

Purchased in July 2020 at Amazon for A$8.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Jamie

JamieSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible!

Bought this to try and help my face and ended up way way worse. The first day I used it I was fine, the second day I woke up the next morning with swollen eyes, red patchy bumpy skin around my mouth, nose and chin. I don’t know how to fix it! It feels horrible!

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$10.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes

Never again! Do not buy

Worse product I have ever come across one usage and I’ve woke up with my face on fire the itching feeling is so intense I wish I had read reviews now before buying face is swollen red and bumpy and the pain is unbelievable

Purchased at eBay.

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never thought this would happen to me!

I can’t believe I have also reacted to badly to this product. I have been using all different types of makeup for over 20 years and I have NEVER had a reaction like this.
My cheeks first puffed up all red with tiny bumps all over them which then spear to my entire neck. My neck and chin were so itchy with red patches all over them. I ended up seeing a doctor who couldn’t work out what was going on. I was going to ask for a referral to a specialist but 2 days after not using this product anymore I have completely cleared up.
I am completely shocked by this product and all the other reviews.

Purchased in June 2020 at Priceline for A$9.00.

Brielle K.

Brielle K.South East Queensland, QLD

Awful - itchy, bumps and dry flakey skin

Like almost all of the reviews below I’ve experienced a very similar reaction. My skin is oily/combination and not normally sensitive. After just two washes of this crap my skin is bumpy, itchy, irritated and sore. Just awful.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$10.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
FRUSTRATED!

FRUSTRATED!Sydney, NSW

Terrible ! This product should be banned

face burns and itch, my eyes are swollen after 2 washes ! Nothing seems working to reverse the reaction on my skin ! Do not you ever buy it, something definitely wrong

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$9.00.

bilie

bilieNorth Queensland, QLD

Never ever again!!!

Eyes are swollen, and it feels like a layer of skin has been ripped from my face.It’s constantly burning. I’m on day three after using,it appears to be getting worst! Never ever ever will use this again! Straight to the bin.

Purchased in June 2020.

Alana

AlanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BURNED AND SEVERELY DRIED OUT MY FACE! DO NOT BUY

After 4-5 uses of this product I developed a rash on my face, terrible breakouts and my face was so so dried out that it was peeling and flaking off. My face was BURNING, ITCHING and STINGING for 3 days straight and I had to go and get prescribed eczema moisturiser. DO NOT EVER BUY. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Conankez

ConankezGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT BUY

Burns my face after 2 uses. Icthy red swollen face. This is the first time a product reacts like this on my skin, and i use many drugstore products. The cream cleanser one doesn’t cause the same reaction. DO NOT BUY

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$15.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Amber

AmberGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible!!!! Do not use this product ever!!!!

This facewash is the worst facewash I have ever used. It has made my skin feel dry and burnt.
I have used it 2-3 times and my face is red, itchy and has little red bumps everywhere!!
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. I cannot believe this product is being sold.
Should be illegal!!! God knows what is in this product if it can do this much damage with 2-3 washes. Terrible terrible terrible. Cannot rate anything worse than this face wash.

Purchased in May 2020 at Priceline for A$14.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

This should be banned!!!

Horrible product. After first use the next my fave broke out a burning red rash along with itchiness and flaky skin. I then started getting pus spots. It was horrible. Worse feeling ever. Had to go to the doctors and go on antibiotics for this to go away. The people do not even care when u email them. So many bad reviews about this product I see now! It should be banned from selling.

Purchased in April 2020 at CountDown Deals for A$16.00.

Chris

ChrisNorth Queensland, QLD

has good claims, works fine

this cleanser is okay, didn't broke me out and it comes readily-available. One thing I noticed is that this gave dry patches on some parts of my skin. Acne is gone but my skin is noticeably dry. Therefore, a moisturizer is needed.

Purchased in January 2020.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Don’t use!!

Caused my skin to dry out so bad, had a reaction that made my skin so itchy . Woke up in the morning with a swollen face and scaly skin. Do not buy!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$19.00.

Brittany Grace

Brittany GraceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caused a huge eczema reaction on my face.

After using this for two days my skin was inflamed, itchy, stingy and very dry.
Very painful and extremely irritated from this cleanser. I only switched this in my routine, so it can be the only cause of this.
Do not buy, terrible dangerous product.

Purchased in March 2020 at Priceline for A$20.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Acne SeverityMild

Horrible, it should be banned from the stores!

It irritated my face straight after the first use. My face is full of blisters, itchy and irritated. I can’t believe this product is still sold after so many people had this severe side effects even after the first use.

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Acne SeverityMild

Chemical burns and blisters after two uses!!!!

Do NOT use this product!! After just two uses my face looks and feels like the worst sunburn ever! It is so red and now beginning to blister so painful. This stuff should not be on the shelves so many ppl have had chemical burns from this stuff!

Purchased in February 2020.

DON’T USE THIS

The day after using it I woke up with heaps of tiny bumps around my mouth and jawline. I didn’t connect it to this product, so used it again the next day. When I woke up the next morning my whole face had a rash!!!! My skin felt like it was burning!!!! And soooooo itchy!!!!! I then did some googling and came across this post. OMG!!!! Please DO NOT USE!!!!!!