Newegg

Newegg

See the Best Electronics & Computing Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never had a good experience

Newegg are an international corporation who will do everything they can to avoid refunding you after they send faulty goods. Made multiple purchases with them and while they are often the cheapest store, the items take forever to arrive and more often than not simply don't work.

Newegg are complete trash, Do not buy from them.

Ok so lets start with i'm from Australia, newegg just recently started officially doing business here, I was looking for an external HDD, 8TB or more, I found that the seagate backup plus was a good drive, I love seagate stuff so I went looking, local stores are charging over $300 for it but then newegg popped up and had it on sale for $230ish dollars, so I think bargain, watched and read reviews it all looked good so I ordered the drive, it took about a week to get here which was fast so I assumed they had their AU warehouse up and running, opened the box and was excited until I saw the US power brick, every review i'd seen either mentioned an international power brick or showed one, the specs on the seagate site were a little less clear but every other 3.5" external drive I've ever bought had one, most tech does, but this one didn't so I talk to newegg CS chat and they suggest an RMA, so I start one, it fails before it completes, I then email newegg CS and get a reply about a week later telling me I can't RMA it, after about a month of several useless emails from several different CS staff members telling me completely different things I decide to start a paypal dispute, if newegg can't help i'm not losing money becasue of their unwillingness to do anything. After about a month of waiting paypal sides with them(obviously coerced/paid off/whatever), so i'm out $230, I can buy a power supply for around $40-$50, and last week I get another email from another CS staff member telling me if I go out and buy a power supply they'll reimburse me the cost, after the way they've dealt with this I doubt it'd would happen, there would be some loophole where they'd claim I didn't do something right or becasue I used an after market power supply the drive is now uncovered by warranty and can't be returned, this is the state of mind they've put me in. There's is way more to this story but it's way too much to be typing here.

In conclusion newegg are complete untrustworthy trash, don't do business with them, there are plenty of reviews(maybe I should have done research on the site first, but i'd heard good things from people years ago, seems after new management newegg went to though), bad reviews, people having terrible CS issues, incompetent staff at all levels of the business, don't waste your money, literally any other tech retailer would be better, I know this now.

Order # 333906743

Very slow shipping

I bought 4 items during a sale and the first took 10 days to arrive . The second 12 days while the remaining 2 are yet to arrive over 3 weeks later . The DHL tracking shows they have been in the hands of Australia post for the last week .
I ordered 2 sticks of DDR4 separately one of which was cancelled due to no stock but when I checked on their site they were in stock but the price had increased . I had to reorder it at the increased price as I wanted 2 sticks of the same model . The prices were initially attractive but ultimately not worth it .

Scam

They go ghost when they send a faulty product. which is most of what they sent me, can not be chased as they are outside Australian consumer laws and they know it. Purchase anything from them at your own peril.

Update: New egg sent this email;

"We're sorry if you experienced any technical difficulties on our site recently. As a thank you for bearing with us, please use promo code: NEWEGG2018AUS for AUD$30 off an order of AUD$75 or more placed by November 25, 2018 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.

Promo code is only valid on a single order of AUD$75 or more placed on Newegg Australia and expires at 11:59PM on November 25, 2018. Limit one promo code per customer. Promo code NEWEGG2018AUS cannot be combined with other promo codes, gift cards or combos. Promo code may not be applied towards the purchase of gift cards. All returned orders/items will be deducted from the original purchase amount to determine whether the transaction qualifies for the promo code. Gift cards, taxes, and shipping are excluded in determining whether an order size is AUD$75 or more.

Sincerely,
Newegg Customer Service"

This is the first contact I have received from Newegg since complaining of faulty products, no mention of the failed product or why the return procedure has been withdrawn, just some rubbish about technical difficulties. Offering a discount on products that don't work and that are worth $0 is useless.