Nissan Murano

Love! Big car without the sluggish feeling of a big car!

This is my daily driver and we love it! Have had our Nissan Murano for over 5 years now & am in agony that we can’t buy a new one!
We have 2 tall teenagers and a five year old in a booster and they have plenty of shoulder and leg room. Plenty of boot space also!
We recently hired a qashqai and were so shocked at how small they were in comparison to the Murano. We have not had any mechanical issues to date and get our car regularly serviced.

BadgeTi-L
Date PurchasedJun 2013

My Second Murano - A great reliable vehicle with tons of Room. The CVT problem was solved over 10 ye

This is my second Murano , plenty of room , very well appointed and a very strong Engine.
People refer to the CVT automatic problem , this was resolved by Nissan over 10 years ago .I'm on my second one and never had anything but perfect smooth operation from the gear box. The car is very reliable and has excellent passing on open highways and great for big families

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Don't be stupid. It's been discontinued for a reason.

CVT transmission. Do your research first. Unperfected transmission. Constantly failing. Costs approx 8-12 thousand to have it repaired. The cars damn ugly anyway so not sure why you'd further risk it. Hence being discontinued.

Legit don't take my word, Google, Murano/Dualis CVT transmission issues. These cars are trash. Buy a Kia Sportage.

BadgeTi-L
Date PurchasedJan 2016

So roomy!

The driving is so great, I feel really safe in it and all my mirrors show everything. The sun roof makes it have such a great feel about it and the boot is great for all the shopping. The leather inside & heated seats are an added bonus. Definitely recommend for a family car.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good looking and reliable car

Very good looking car, super comfortable and nice interior design. Very powerful engine. Didnt liked the CVT transmission, although it was super smooth with no troubles. The fuel consumption is relatively high for the its class. The leather quality is outstanding. The down side its that its front wheel drive (have part time 4wd) dont like the steering feel and handling. sometimes it feels like a hatch back front wheel drive.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

lovely to drive

brought my 2005 2 yrs ago from a car dealer in mt gambier was told it was perfect....was lovely when i got it it was perfect for me with a bad back the seats are like a lounge room recliner....took it for my first service and remember the car dealer said it was perfect...back shockers were shot..brakes needed replacing,boots on the front needed replacing and had a cracked head gasket,back diff is leaking..omg..ive had most fixed except the head gasket that will have to wait,but i love driving it love the stereo..just a pity the car yard which is huge in mt gambier were liars

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Absolutely heartbroken!

I had a lot of cars and came across Nissan Murano by true accident. Never looked back! Fantastic value for money. Phenomenal performance, great standard inclusions and most of all a very comfortable vehicle. With about 170000 km on the clock it is really difficult to pay 3 to 4 times more for similar qualities.

Date PurchasedJun 2011
Fortunately, still happily driving my Murano. We were approached by a stranger this morning telling us about his issues but we burst laughing as we never had any issues and still feel very reluctant to change this car for a new car. Just to make it clear, the biggest expense we has in all the years of owning this car was brakes replacement.and two globes.

Bargain of the century

2005 TI 71000kms. Full leather, with every gadget you could need. Not a scratch on it. Love the car drives like it just come off the factor floor. Haven't used 4x4 yet. That will be interesting.
Sunroof works well, no leaks. Stereo is a bit out dated but has great speakers

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The SUV Upgrade We Needed

We Just Upgraded Our Family Car To The 2008 Nissan Murano TI LZ50 & Haven't Looked Back! .. Size .. Space .. Durability .. Drive .. It's All There! .. Love The Leather Interior .. The 'Bose' Sound System .. It Has All The Key Features You'd Look For Without Blowing The Budget .. Highly Recommend It As First SUV!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Best car I have ever owned, even better than the Z50!

So far I have enjoyed 80,000km of trouble free driving with the Z51. This is my second Murano and its suits my life style down to the ground. Plush interior for when you have to take customers for a ride, huge boot and roof racks makes the weekend surf trips a snap. I love the comfortable interior and powerful smooth engine. I do a lot country miles and this car just eats them up without any fuss. Quiet cabin really allows me to enjoy the sensational Bose sound system which sounds incredible and commented on by my kinds whenever they are in it. Very sad to learn that Nissan won't be bringing the new model in. My lease runs out soon and I will need to replace the car but having a lot of trouble trying to find anything of similar quality, performance and comfort for the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Should have traded it in early

Bought new 2005. It was a great car, I loved it. Comfortable, classy, great ride, great rear passenger room, good handling, but a bit thirsty.

Car is mainly garaged during the week and only around 8-10,000km per year.

Then the warantee expired. :(

CVT packed it in and fitting second hand replacement cost over $6,000 (new CVT replacement quoted more than double that price).

Brakes constantly squeak, esp when reversing - dealer says nothing can be done.

Steering high pressure hose has been replaced twice, over $500 each time. Allegedly a "common" problem.

Couldn't put car in reverse, an electronic interlock module needing replacement $435. Dealer took 2 weeks to find problem, tried to charge days of effort to find which I refused to pay - google search shows common problem with the car and not many places, and obvious places, to look to find the problem.

Getting more and more fuel thirsty.

At 80,000, very very road noisy. Both front seats now squeaking while driving.

Date PurchasedNov 2005

don't trust Nissan CVT

I bought my Murano Ti brand new in 2011. Since then every service was done by nissan dealer. 5years and 100,000km later, 3 days after I paid $800 for 100,000km major service, CVT broke down. Towed to Nissan dealer, quoted $12,000 to replace it. Made a complaint to Nissan Australia, been told is out of warranty, nothing they can do. My advice to you, Don't buy a Nissan or get rid of it before warranty expires.

Great car!

I bought this car a year ago as a bargain (5k under every other Murano (the guy who sold it didn't know how much it was worth). It has been a pleasure to drive. The CVT transmission is brilliant. So smooth and easy. The engine is fantastic. A bit thirsty but it's worth it! There is plenty of power when needed and it sounds like a real V6.

Changed the old stereo with a brand new dvd/cd/Bluetooth unit that looks great. They connected it up to the steering wheel controls. Sounds brilliant. My wife loves the car so much so begged for me to let her use it for her car. The kids love the sunroof and the leather seats are great for families. Plenty of room to go away on trips, as it still looks great.

My mechanic looked over the car and told me it was spot on. The only issue I have had is with some bushes in the front end. They were replaced easily. Don't bother going to Nissan for servicing, find a good local mechanic.

Great Suv . CVT is great

Had it for 5 years now. Great features and love the leather seats. CVT hater could be ford salesman still selling convential 4 gear auto. premium paint, no rust. solid corner braking. absolutely love it. good ground clearance.
Service is not bad but avoid dealership service as it could be costly.

Lack of Nissan Murano Service in Gold Coast

I am a simple woman that using vehicle to drive to work and children. I bought Nissan Murano in 2006 from showroom brand new, The vehicle is beautiful of course CVT drama quite often spoil it, The reason that put me off the the Service department in my town. Over priced, charge anything they can even a pack of $1.50 for a sachet of liquid soap for washing my car after service, if the car is clean it's fine, which is not!, it's look like being hose with water and let dry on the site, leave water spot marks every where.
Every time I picked up my vehicle after service, I am not satisfied. My car is not being service, mechanic open the bonnet, connect the computer then cowboy wash and leave it on the site until I came to pick it up.
Now this Nissan is just another decoration in my lock up garage. Everyone complaining about the vehicle. I cannot sell it.
There is some issue with service department, when someone bring their Nissan for service it need to be service properly accordingly to the cost we paid.

BadgeTi

All the trimmings for 15k less than the badge!

I love this car. It is my third Nissan car (after a Maxima and an X-Trail and my favourite so far). Wonderful to drive, luxurious interior, powerful engine and all the trimmings of luxury cars. Love it and wouldn't change it for another. You get the full package without paying the price for overly expensive Japanese or European brands. Striking design, like nothing on the road. I paid 45K for an ex demo, when you look at 60K+ for the competitors. I take my hat off to Nissan for offering such a wonderful 4WD that sets you apart from the crowd.
Leather interiors, everything electric, enormous space for back seat passengers, integrated sat nav system, moon roof and power tailgate in the Ti model
Only minus I can think is that while the engine is a powerful 3.5L, the car is heavy and it does take a couple of seconds to feel the full power of the engine. Once it kicks in, it is a beauty and feels wonderful.

Love love my Nissan Murano Ti

Bought our TI brand new at Xmas 2011, and just love it. Love the leather interior, panorama roof, electric boot, the stereo just pumps, love the quietness on the road, heaps of leg room, love the memory seats, stylish interior, and the look of the outside is up there with the Lexus.
Look, feel, drive, stylish, stereo, so roomy for your legs, great boot size.

Major fault with Murano Z51 Series 2 MY10 at 80,000kms

When my 2010 model Murano's went in for its 80,000 km service the dealer told my I had a leaking head gasket that would have to be replaced. The total cost of repairs exceeded $3000 Australian. Of course the car was outside it's new car warranty. I'm 60 years old, drive the car like a 60 year old and keep the vehicle in immaculate condition. I had the issue checked by another mechanic from another garage and they confirmed there was a problem. Thankfully I had paid for an extended warranty with an insurance company when I bought the car and the repairs were completed at no cost to me. But seriously, a car of this value with a leaking head gasket at 80K? To make matters worse I previously owned a Nissan 350Z (2009). It's synchro mesh between 1st and 2nd gear failed around 40,000 kms. That car was still under warranty and the dealer replaced the gear box but i waited more than 6 weeks for the parts to come from Japan - no major parts of this nature were held forward in Australia. In summary, two new Nissans since 2009 both with significant mechanical failures. Would I buy another Nissan? No way.

Good SUV : Bad dealership and customer service

I purchased 2013 TI in September 2014 from Magic Nissan Mellvile Perth. Near new 11000 km one owner ex nissan Australia company car. The only issue I had was the SAT NAV didn't work the reason being the software had never been loaded. Long story short , dealer wanted me to spend an additional $400.00 to update the software to make it functional.Unexceptable, response from the dealership and after an exhauseable email exchange the dealership and Nissan Australia Paid 50%each.To put right what should have been sorted before the sale was finalised.
The suv other featuers work well, power boot , is handy, power front seat also an good idea.The engine has plenty of power, and is enconnomical .

BadgeTi

Perfect car, i love the sound system. I have Murano Z51 2009 162800 on clock mǎjor service done de

Perfect car, i love the sound system. I have Murano Z51 2009 162800 on clock, major service done.
Drivers like new.