Nissan Navara D22

Nissan Navara D22 (1997-2014)

See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nissan

• Interior Design
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

When life gives you a lemon….sell it.

I had a secondhand 2008 D22 as my daily driver. The first 20k km it ran ok. Then with 180k on the clock…2x turbos,gearbox,diff,top end rebuild before 200k. Total lemon.

Purchased in April 2015 for $13,000.

Good soild ute

Chris B.
Chris B.South East Queensland, QLD

Built for purpose

Use it 4 times per week as a run-around-ute. It is not designed to be a luxury vehicle but a genuine no-nonsense do anything, go anywhere, reliable, blokes ute. Big tip, after 150k , get it serviced every 5k, mine now has 250k still going strong. Took it around Oz 6 months ago, no worries. Fuel consumption can get a bit much (12.5l / 100k in back blocks). Had a catch-can fitted recently, has dropped av fuel consumption back to 10.5l/100k. Have bullbar, snorkel, rear camera, buckets, alloy tray with slide-on camper. Have looked at trading in but will keep for a bit longer and give to a grandchild. Too good to trade and most newies are too technical.

Purchased for $25,000.

Daniel
DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Old school reliability

Purchased in February 2010 at Cricks Noosa for $36,000.

Dissapointed
DissapointedNorthern Region, NSW

Not happy with d22

Not real happy with navs its my own fault really bought n 03 bent chassis ...bought an 09 chassis cracked front to back ...wont be buying a 3rd so sad

Jack
JackMid North Coast, NSW

Not a god buy thought it was

Bought a Nissan navara of a dealer had it 8 mths the radiator blew I was driving along stopped it cooked the motor now Im up for a 7,000 motor I pd 10,000 for car unbeilable I had it service like they said I very dissapointed I was on a low income saved the money thats what I get for my trouble I thought I was getting a good car but no now I have to scrap it or pay loads of money

Purchased in May 2019.

Noise Level
Mike K.
Mike K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good o'l faithful

I have 03 Navara cab chassis turbo diesel 3ltr 4WD. Bought this 3rd hand late 2017.
I do courier work 200km every day.
Done some off roading last year in 2018 in the outback during a 8000km trip over 3 weeks. Never missed a beat.
Service twice a year.
Never had any problems.
This car has never failed me. Great off road and a great work horse during the week. Motor starts first time every time and still pulls hard.
Replaced the clutch soon after purchase and replaced battery early 2019.
Other than that i keep oil fresh and coolant levels up and the beast just keeps on going.
One of the last of the original Japanese made Navaras. Love my nifty Nav.

Purchased in October 2017 at Private for $7,000.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Very reliable ute ...

Own my 2004 D22 For 10 years now ,done 400.000 km ,and never missed a beat.Not most comfortable ,but keeps going ,tows the boat ,take me to work ,always long hot miles . service it myself every 10km,with good 15-50 semi or fully synthetic oil. Change diff /gear box & transfer case .
Nothing done to it other than tear &wear(brake pads/tyres ) .Cheap to run. only fault engine light comes on when push engine past 3000rpm ,but Nissan can t find fault ,neither can independent mechanic. bit small for space ,but had an unbelievable run .made in Spain ,has the Legendary 3.0l Renault motor.
Mike. NZ.

Purchased in March 2009 at private.

Diynamik
DiynamikPerth, WA

Reliable 3.2 diesel

Bought very cheap with the seller spending $3000 on the suspension springs . I was hesitant to buy one for so many years . The 3.2 is not as slow as what has been said , has a good amount of pick up but what can you expect? I see lots of people push these to a turbo but i will leave it stock .
The only problem is the instrument cluster , temp gauge works and rev counter at certain rpm abover 1300 . This is because of a resistor behind the panel , fixing this very soon . Turning circle is very good for a truck this size , heater / aircon perfect , no rust except for a small amount of surface in the rear tub . Not yet been off road but soon , im not a hard core offroader so this will just take me to the back beach ect.

Purchased in June 2019.

John
JohnSydney

She’s a beauty with a long life!

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Rick
Rick

Great Car

Great car, purchased new, I knew from the test drive back seat was cramped and power was low, but 6 years later, drives like the day I bought it, I think it will last another 10 years, only changed, oil, filters and tyres... Easy to service and work on, low tech, just the way I like it. Well built solid workhorse and weekend warrior.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Dazza
DazzaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cheap and nasty

Over the last 20 years I’ve had 3 Navaras and 5 Hilux’s as my work utes so I have a bit of background
The D22 was my first Navana and by far the worse and also the cheapest
It look good with the alloy wheels and colour match bars , but it rides very rough the seating position is terrible and the cabin noise is high
I did 100k in the car and had no problems! So it it’s reliable and got the job done , but I would buy another !
Power is low, but fuel economy is good
At the time I got a great deal from Nissan as it was the old model , but my resale was just as poor .
If money is tight then this car could work for you

BadgeST
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Find out how Nissan Navara D22 compares to other Utes

Nissan Navara is the best vehicle to buy. But the passenger area is less spacious

I have a Nissan Navara D22 2006, ST-R 3L. I bought it in Melbourne & drove to Cairns. Then I drove it to Brisbane. From Brisbane, I came to Esperance in WA. Each time I had a trailer with it. I bought it in 2016 and it is now 2018. In between, I have driven almost 30000kms. I regularly service the car by myself. change oil in every 5000kms. always use Penrite oil. Have change diesel filter a few times. This is the best vehicle to buy.

Engine Size3.0L Turbo Diesel
Date PurchasedNov 2016
Garren Pitt
Garren PittQLD, 4551

Amazing 4wd !!!

I have taken this to the cape and all over the beach side. The only thing I have had to upgrade is my suspension and tyres. Honestly love this car. Brings joy to my family plenty of space for work and fun on the weekends!!!
Great fuel economy as well!! 9litres to 100k's.

CabSingle Cab
Engine Size3.0L V6 Petrol
Date PurchasedJune 2015
brittb
brittbsydney

Perfect car

Very nice car to drive, interior could be a bit nicer but overall nice, good price to run but have a lot of problems with the paint chipping and the clutch playing up, very good sized tub looks great with ladder rack and after market bull bar over all would really recommended

Date PurchasedDec 2015