R51, WX, R52
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nissan

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Would not have purchased any other 4x4

Purchased the car new in 2011. The 2.5 engine has just ticked over 246,000 kms. Not a single issue other than normal maintenance. The car has been set up for towing. More than half the kms used was towing vans in excess of 2.5 tons. Brilliant car. Longevity in my opinion was determined by two factors, how the car was first run in and servicing every 5000 kms for the first 100,000 kms at least. The car was remapped at 140,000 kms. Best money I have spent on the car. The car is now ten years old and still looks and runs like new.

Purchased in October 2011 for $57,000.00.

Azza
AzzaSydney, NSW

Best Family Car Ever

This is our 3rd Pathfinder (I have leased them through work) and we just keep going back to them. A beautiful smooth drive, massive boot, 7 seats (with the back row big enough to fit 2 people, unlike most "7 seaters". Excellent for road trips - just so comfortable in every way.

Purchased in June 2017.

madles
madlesSouthwest, VIC

Good family car for less than 7 people

We were a family of 7 when we purchased our pathfinder in 2016. With the third row of seats there is very limited boot space so not practical if going on a picnic or beach outing, great boot space if you don't have 7 people in the car. I also found the service intervals excessive and felt like I was constantly booking my pathfinder in for a service.
We had issues with the moon roof leaking, however this was covered under warranty.

Purchased in December 2016.

Matthew P.
Matthew P.Hunter Region, NSW

Shuddering from front wheel

I purchased a 2nd hand Nissan Pathfinder R52 a year ago and within a few months i was experiencing shuddering in the front left wheel at low speeds and more oftern when turning. From my research this is a common Nissan Pathfinder problem. Do not buy a Nissan Pathfinder without first know the problem has been fixed

Purchased in July 2019 for $32,000.00.

Find out how Nissan Pathfinder compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

2008 pathfinder st d2.5lt changed dpf filter and it’s came back in 2 days. full tank gives me 550kms. Worst experience

Everyday transport use to got work and come back.
Everyday car most drive to work
Every 10000kms but when I bought it’s already been serviced so I need to service my car at 150000

Purchased in October 2020 for $13,000.00.

Just saying guys

Purchased for $16,500.00.

afdc
afdcSydney, NSW

Shuddering/Jitter - caused by faulty CVT/transmission

Purchased in February 2015.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Brett
Brett

Comfortable big car

Purchased in April 2016 for $36,000.00.

I was loyal to Nissan, then I bought this car ...

Purchased in May 2015.

mike
mike

This would be a 4 stars car if not for the repeating failure of the CVT

A good size, comfortable family SUV let down by major product defect of the CVT transmission.

Brought it brand new in 2015 for top dollars, well serviced and looked after.

Valve body of the transmion broken down before 3 years warranty. Replaced by Nissan.

Entire Transmission and transfer case failed in 5 years and 80,000km. So the previously replaced transmission last another 2 years or 30,000km. This time, Nissan only happy to cover the partial replacement cost.

Stay away from it.

Purchased in May 2015.

ajaysharma
ajaysharmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best family suv with lots of space, purchased 2017 model ST-L great features !!

Great family car. I was very confused regarding SUV then decide to test xtrail . Once I saw this huge monster test drive impressed me with the space and features great car !!

Purchased in June 2020 for $30,000.00.

Carol O.
Carol O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely worst and most expensive car I have purchased

After 100kmph, front wheel struts, windscreen, sun visor, boot electrics all failed!
Constant electronic issues with tail lift since 70k
Very expensive fuel consumption
Little attachments such is in car charger covers and rear window External sun shades snap off
Had paint protection done by Nissan - absolute waste of money
Service and customer service by Nissan UFTG and Berwick has been less than satisfactory.

Purchased in June 2015 at Nissan Dealers.

PAX62
PAX62Sydney, NSW

Solid reliable family car

Purchased in October 2015.

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far this is the best 7 seater family car

If you are a daddy or mom of a growing family, this is the best car so far under $50k.
Tilt and slide is the best part that I love in this car. It makes 3rd row access super easy while a child booster seat is still fitted on the 2nd row.
Performance wise its 3500cc engine is very powerful, it tows Jayco camper trailer like a breeze. Steering reaction is also very impressive part for me.
Very smooth riding while quiet and compy.
Some people complains about the CVT mission but I didn't experience any issue with this car including CVT since I own this car in 2016.

Purchased in April 2016 at Nissan Dealers for $42,000.00.

Harpreet S.
Harpreet S.

Perfect car for people looking for spacious car

7 adult seats.
Sensors are great.
360 degree view camera is a great advantage for parking
Smart cruze helps to manage car speed as per front car.
Smart braking system is also great

Spencer D.
Spencer D.asked
Pathfinder

Got a pathfinder 2.5 08 diesel take about 20 minutes granking it before it just about starts no warning lights showing and nothing showing on the diagnostics iv put diesel filter on. Done a full service noticed oil in turbo an pipes so I changed oil cooler. But still struggling to start an is rough. ANy ideas?

Foxie
Foxieasked
Pathfinder

Hi guys we found a pathfinder 2015 with about 85k. Excellent conditions, good price. It’s the base model st 2wd. After reading the reviews we are very scared to put in an offer. Can I hear more 2015 pathfinders owners? Thanks

Ronald M.
Ronald M.asked
Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

I recently changed suspension parts of my Pathfinder 2011 (at the back), but now it is swerving sideways when am cruising. What's the possible cause?

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Compare all 13 Nissan Pathfinder
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $41,990$46,490$49,022$55,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolHybridPetrol
Max Torque340Nm @ 4800rpm340Nm @ 4800rpm330Nm @ 3600rpm340Nm @ 4800rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,700 kg2,700 kg1,650 kg2,700 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Dimensions