Noirot Spot Plus

See the Best Electric Heaters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great heater for whole room but high running cost.

Heater worked so well in our family/kitchen area that we brought another for the bedroom. Unfortunately our electricity bill has tripled. Will go back to gas ducted.
It will work out much the same cost but we can heat the whole house again.

Purchased in May 2019.

Excellent heater but castors have always been a problem

I have had this heater for quite a few years. It heats the home beautifully....even comfortable heat, silent and energy efficient. There are 2 issues I have constantly experienced with the heater though - one being a problem with the castors. I have never been able to fit them properly, even with the stores assistance and the help of friends. I have had to tie them on and carefully move the heater, usually having to lift rather than roll it. This is a bit of a safety issue.

The second problem is that if I turn the temperature down past 6, the heater switches itself off.

I am in the process of needing another heater and thinking of another noirot, with the only concern being the castors and settings??

Purchased in February 2011.

Warranty

Have had two of these heaters, both stopped being functional after a few years of minimal use. Now Noirot won't honour their "lifetime warranty" on a store receipt technicality because the store closed down. Have reported to ACCC

Purchased in July 2014 for $400.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom
SmellYes

Overall a good heater

I bought two of these recently and they have performed well. After some of the smell is burnt off which is normal, they turn on and heat quickly and silently. While the timer is good in the sense that it allows plenty of adjustment i.e. up to three individual heating time per day. I did find that it is a little finicky as the instructions are difficult to follow and the programming is not very user friendly. Also there is actually a firmware problem which doesn't display the correct time (to the next heating cycle) when it is after midnight. I rang Noirot and they all but admitted the fault existed but they don't know how to fix it and everything else it fine so don't worry. I didn't much like that approach, shipping something where they know an error exisits where it would no doubt be fixable with a firmware update. However in all other respects it seems good. We got 2x at a good price ($350 ea) and with the lifetime warranty and sooth operation it seems good.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $350.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom
SmellYes

Good heater but over-priced and not completely silent

This is actually quite a decent heater objectively speaking. It easily heats up my living area which is around 25 m2 and the thermostat appears to be quite accurate (so that there is minimum adjustment needed once you have found a suitable setting, regardless of the temperature). It is lightweight for the size so is easily moved around if necessary. It does seem to be quite economical relative to other similar heaters, though I really just put that down to the very accurate thermostat, the lack of any electric motors and its ability to retain heat. On the downside, this heater is not completely silent as Noirot appear to claim. Whilst there is almost no sound on account of thermal expansion / contraction, the heater is does exhibit a mains "hum" type of sound - presumably from some sort of internal transformer or similar component. This hum is actually objectively very quiet and for the most part, people would never hear it. However if you live in an otherwise very quiet house and you are in a quiet room late at night (especially if lacking soft furnishings), then you might be a little annoyed and disappointed with this particular noise. Other people have complained about the castors on these heaters and I concur. I cannot see any way to remove a fixed castor without breaking it or at least doing some sort of damage to it. This might make you think twice if you need to send it somewhere for repair or return in the original shipping box. My last gripe is the price. I honestly do not think this heater is worth the asking price relative to other brands, however you are apparently given a lifetime warranty on it. If this warranty really is a no quibbles lifetime warranty, then perhaps the price premium is worth it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $449.00.

I would buy it again

This is a great product. We have used it during 3 years now and it just do what it is supposed to do: warn the room in cold winter. No noise at all. We have three in the house. No impact on the electricity bill. It is the product you should buy if you want FAST warn up rooms, without any noise, and keeping the room warn. However, you should not buy if if you are thinking on moving it between rooms often (as it has no handle). Assembly and use is just simple.

Purchased in August 2016 for $250.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Small Bedroom
SmellNo

This is an excellent heater

I'm on third of these heaters since 2012. I'm confused re people reviewing saying that they've "purchased" again. With the lifetime warranty, I've only paid for the original heater. When the first two packed it in, The Good Guys replaced them. They tested them, which backed up that they were not working, and away I went with a brand new heater, at no cost. Performance is great; they heat a reasonable-sized living area efficiently, and with no noise. $399 original outlay has kept me happily warm for almost 8 years.

Purchased in April 2012 at The Good Guys Physical store for $399.00.

No noise at all - great

I love this heater. There is no fan and so no noise and yet it blows out heat from the top like it does have a fan. My friends are amazed when I tell them it does not have a fan. It has a lifetime warranty and I wheel it to wherever needed.
It is a little pricier than the competition but when you factor in the cost savings, quietness and lifetime warranty it is well worth the money.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Disappointed

Third winter and thermostat has packed up. Has no rhyme or reason to heat setting. Turn on full and it heats up to about half capacity. Turn on halfway and it comes on full, sometimes. Very disappointed in product I thought was good quality. Reading positive reviews leads down the garden path, as usual.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Not smart on energy and two have stopped working now

I have bought about 4 of these over two years and two have stopped working so they were replaced. Certainly they are not as claimed energy efficient and that is what sold me and these heaters are twice the price of a normal heater so I figure its best to check kwatts and then ring your electricity supplier to work out the cost to run on any heater. Will not buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Stupid French design and made

I bought it at The Good Guy. The installation of the wheel castor meant to be very easy but it damn hard to slide it in. After put on the wheels, they can not be removed. What kind of stupid design is that, I realized it from France. No handle to carry around. Nothing better than my old Dimplex ceramic heater. Expensive and normal performance. Could not recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

it is terrific

it is excellent in heating loungeroom and kitchen, the cost to run well might be expensive, but can't decide between Noirot or split system, everybody has a different opinion, the bill tells you the answer, but it gives a better heat rather than my split system. People say use the split because it's much cheaper but don't like the noise whereas the Noirot is quite you can't hear it

Date PurchasedJul 2018

red light is on but nothing happen

i bought this heater 3 months ago and till yesterday it was working well.
but now when i turn on the power and red light is on, but nothing happens. no matter heat power change, no response. have no idea how to fix it. just it happens all of sudden. i did not put anything close to the heater, its bare;y moved. please let me know how to fix it. thanks

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Efficient and money saving

I bought one of these because the gas heater was leaking carbon monoxide. I was sceptical but have to say it's pretty damn good. With easy settings and nice and skinny to put up again a wall, I've found this to be excellent. My house isn't insulated well so it keeps the one room I need to heat at a constant temperature. Controls are easy to understand and it's lightweight if I have to move it.
Highly recommend

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very efficient and reliable heater

I bought this heater 5 or 6 years ago to use in a glass house outside for my tropical orchids.

I have to say that it has never missed a beat, easily maintains 14C in the glass house and is well designed so it's not in the way. I am not sure if Noirot promote this device for use outdoors but I can highly recommend it and it's much more efficient than other green house heating options on the market. Obviously don't spray water at it but if you can keep it out of the way in the growing environment then it will work just fine. If it ever breaks down I will replace it with the same model.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Good heater

Used for few weeks now and it has worked as ecpected. Quiet and easily heats up mid size bedroom in around an hour or so, bumping temp up a few degrees. Timer is not that intuitive, but not hard if you read the instructions. Can maintain a set temperature all the time, or come on up to 3 set periods per day in 30 min or greater times, and up to a set temperature within the period. Can set 3 different time periods each day, or just set same periods for every day. Seems reliable so far, build quality looks a bit flimsy for the price. Is very light and easy to move, but has no handles, so is best not to move when it's hot. Must be plugged directly and properly in to the wall socket, not to an extension cord or power board as that is a fire risk, as it draws up to the full 10 amps a single normal power point can handle. Cord is only about 1.5m long.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not happy

Did not heat up my room at all. Basically had to sitting right near it before feeling any heat. Expensive heater- should work better that this! Very disappointed in this heater. Would not recommend it. Had heat up high, still not feeling any warmth in room. Room not very large.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Fabulous Heater

Great heat and non drying. I have attached to wall avoiding the need for casters. Slimlined and modern looking producing a non skin drying heat with a lovely ambiance. I have now used this heater for five years and it has proven to be economical against other forms of heating.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Great when it actually works, otherwise........

I bought 3 Noirot panel heaters. One of them I bought a few years before the other two. After about 8 years the first one stopped working suddenly and I had to send it to Victoria (from Sydney) to be fixed, costing me time and money.
The other two stopped working after about 6 1/2 years and I now need to do the same, though they have a lifetime warranty. It will still cost money and effort to send. They also need to replace the castors each time as the plastic brackets usually split when taking the castors off. Not environmentally friendly in that respect and not reliable, though fabulous when they actually work. No heating/cracking noises, slim and sleek design and perfect ambient heat.
However, I would not recommend unless they didn't break and I certainly would not buy them again.

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Great heater which warms up the room fast - highly recommended.

I love this heater and it kept us warm in the middle of the sydney winter this year! Our flat is quite drafty and this warms up the front room lovely. We roll it in to the bed room about 30mins before we go to bed and switch it on for 5 mins to take the chill out of the room at night. Makes jumping into bed easier in the middle of the winter haha

Would recommend one of these

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Has anyone had this problem? All the dials have been turned to stand-by and effectively "off" on all dials but hot air is still churned out? We have to turn it off at the switch for the unit to completely turn off and cool down. Bought it from the Good Guys a week ago.

The plug (and wall socket) on my Noirot 2400w gets VERY hot after running at setting 7 or 8 for a couple of hours to the point of being barely touchable....no extension cord is used. This doesn’t seem safe so am taking it back for replacement as it has a lifetime warranty. Appreciate any comments/feedback on this “hot plug” situation. Thx Pete
Hi , we have one and it gets quite warm but never as hot as yours seems to be. You are right to return it for replacement.Hi Neville, ...many thanks for the advice/prompt follow-up. Cheers, Pete

Does the Noirot panel on castors need to be installed backing onto a wall or can it be wheeled into other positions ie perpendicular to the wall?

Spot Plus 7358-3 (1000W)Spot Plus 7358-3T (1000W)Spot Plus 7358-5T (1500W)Spot Plus 7358-7T (2000W)Spot Plus 7358-8T (2400W)Spot Plus 7358-5 (1500W)Spot Plus 7358-7 (2000W)Spot Plus 7358-8 (2400W)
Price (RRP) $329.00$379.00$429.00$459.00$499.00$369.00$399.00$449.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-MountableConvector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable
Max Room Size 1010152024152024
Colour / Finish WhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 440 x 420 x 80 mm440 x 420 x 80 mm440 x 585 x 80 mm440 x 745 x 80 mm440 x 900 x 80 mm440 x 585 x 80 mm440 x 745 x 80 mm440 x 900 x 80 mm
Construction Material Aluminium Aluminium Aluminium Aluminium Aluminium Aluminium Aluminium Aluminium
FeaturesThermostatThermostat and TimerThermostat and TimerThermostat and TimerThermostat and TimerThermostatThermostatThermostat
Additional FeaturesAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off
Power1,000 W1,000 W1,500 W2,000 W2,400 W1,500 W2,000 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty25 year(s)25 year(s)25 year(s)25 year(s)25 year(s)25 year(s)25 year(s)25 year(s)
Release dateOct 2008Oct 2008Oct 2008Oct 2008Oct 2008Oct 2008Oct 2008Oct 2008