Sensitive Choice approved
Not especially energy efficient
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Simply the BEST!
Received my Noirot Spot Plus 2400W yesterday and used it immediately. Light weight and easy to move from room to room. I am impressed!! Heats the room up nicely and it is a comfortable heat.
Better than my zoned Aircon!
Purchased in April 2021 at eBay for $415.00.
Using this outside in a large greenhouse (8m x 4m) and it's been going for 9 years.
Using this outside in a large greenhouse (8m x 4m) and it's been going for 9 years. Very well built, no issues at all and it's consistent. I maintain the heat outside at 14C approx each night but this can vary if we get a frost which is rare. Keeps my tropical plants warm and never misses a beat. Not sure how anyone could go through 3 heaters with less than a month of life with each one. This is a high quality product that costs less to run than cheaper models. Maybe the cheapest heating available if you are on a budget (or need one for your tropical plants).
Purchased in October 2012 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $399.00.
- Spot Plus 7358-8T (2400W)
Great for our bigger master bedroom
We have three sizes of the Noirot. We use this 2400W for our master bedroom, which is considerably larger than our other rooms. So far it has been up to the job. I love how we just set the desired temperature on the LCD, and the heater adjusts its own heating to get what we want. I know for a fact it doesn't use 2400W all the time as I monitor our energy usage on our Solar energy consumption app. That is, sometimes it only uses 1000W, and only goes up to 2400W when the room is really cold and the heater is just starting up. I suppose this automatic variable heating is how Noirot can be economical. Love the lifetime warranty too.
Purchased in March 2021 at The Good Guys for $499.00.
- Spot Plus 7358-3T (1000W)
Perfect for our kid's room
We have a few different sizes of the Noirot Spot Plus. This 1000W is for our kid's room. We decided to pay the extra $40 to get the one with timer, not so much for the timer itself, but for the LCD screen which allows us to set the exact temperature. This is simple to use. No need to worry about different heat settings. Just set the desired temperature, and the thing does its work.
Purchased in March 2021 at Harvey Norman for $379.00.
Great for a 2 bedroom apartment
Can’t believe how good this is! Heats our entire 2 bedroom apartment up and keeps it warm. The timer lets us set it up for mornings & evenings - would recommend to anyone with a small house
Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.
Excellent for small or average size rooms
Well we have just moved into a new village retirement home and was looking for a heater that if used properly give us quality and service we went for this heater. We have a small computer room and a small tv room which does get cold besides it was just used to take the chill out of the room we already have a large heat pump that is enough to cover open plan of this house my sister in law has had one for 5 to 6 years and has not had a problem I will be buying a s cond one
Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $330.00.
- Spot Plus 7358-5T (1500W)
This is a great heater
- Absolutely no noise due to the monobloc heating element. No expanding/contracting crack/noise.
- Easy to use. Haven't yet used the timer setting due to the fact that it was easy enough to turn on and wait for a bit for the room to heat up. Room is about 10m2 so it is pretty quick to heat up.
- Very happy with the purchase
Purchased in May 2020.
Not happy sadly. I feel the Nobo which I had before beats it hands down. Why I did not purchase another Nobo beats me. Have to turn reverse cycle on to boost the heat. Not feel it heats as well as Nobo. We have blocked kitchen and small hallway off with curtains to keep heat in lounge
Purchased in June 2020 for $499.00.
Great product, expensive but lifetime way.
Does a very good job of heating, no noise just hot. I would certainly buy one again, had it for a couple of years now and it does get a work out.
Purchased in May 2018 for $499.00.
Heats room quickly and effectively Previously any heater I tried irritated my eyes. Only negative is that it is very hot to touch so not suitable if you have toddlers,although it can be mounted on the wall.
Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $368.00.
The Perfect Heater
This is the perfect wall heater for our apartment living room. It works quickly and efficiently with zero noise. We also have vented heating/cooling aircon. We use the Noirot to supplement the aircon during the depths of winter. It is on for around six hours per day and have noticed no particular increase in our power bills.
Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.
Great heat for electricity
Only had this heater for a short while, it's supposed to be economical to run but l can't vouch for that. I have it set to come on when the temp drops below a certain temp. It does that very well. Heats quickly and l like it, looks good, well made. The room is cosy of a morning while the others are chilly. It wasn't the cheapest to buy, but l have found cheap ones only last one winter and don't heat as well as this one.
Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $495.00.
We bought the Noirot to warm an awkward room and as an alternative heating source to our split system (used mainly for cooling) and our slow combustion wood burner, used mainly at might. We are using the Noirot daily and so far have not been disappointed. It works well heating up our open plan living area that adjoins large open space area with cathedral ceilings, so not an easy space to heat. It maintains temperature well keeping the room comfortable at all times.
Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $440.00.
Complex to operate, expensive to run
Repeated issues with Noirot panel heaters unnecessarily complex multi step programming, maintaining heat - frequently not turning back on after temperature reached - and affordability - misleading advertising, not economical, expensive to run and very high power load ( they also short circuit our downstairs floor when two are on at same time). Have decided to remove all three of our Noirot panel heaters.
- Spot Plus 7358-7 (2000W)
Warms up really quickly
Heater warms up very quickly and is very silent. The room heats up very quickly and it can get too warm. I think it is better to get the one with a timer because the heater is so quiet it is easy to forget to switch it off.
Purchased in May 2019.
Burnt plastic inside heater
Ive had this heater for about 4 years. Hardly used in an effort to keep the electricity. bill down, I figured the price and lifetime warranty would make this purchase worthwhile but noticed a foul smell when using the heater. On closer inspection i realised one of the brackets had melted and burnt inside the heater. Ive since stopped using it as it is unsafe and a fire hazard.
Purchased in February 2015 at Harvey Norman Big Buys for $500.00.
Very good heater
Have had our heater for nearly 10 years now and would definitely recommend. One of the castors gave out about 5 years ago and we didn't do anything about it until recently when we purchased a replacement set online. Having trawled through many reviews, after the purchase and before fitting, it appeared there may be a problem with removal and fitting. However it turned out to be quite simple by using a rubber mallet for the removal of the old and also fitting the new. Also, before removing old castors, gave connection a precautionary spray with silicon to ease removal.
Heats our small family room/kitchen very satisfactorily to 19-20 degrees on setting 5-6.
Purchased in September 2010 for $380.00.
Worrying electricity bills
I have 3 Noirot heaters and love them however my last months bill was $553 for a 2 bed cottage and that was for a 31 day period!
I had 2 of them going for about 4 hours after work and the 3rd one going most of the night on mid range temp in bedroom. Consequently I’m not using them now and trying the split systems instead. I don’t believe the Noirot is efficient as it makes out to be. The heat is definitely good and there’s no noise but those bills aren’t sustainable. Probably ok for short amounts of time but can’t rely on them for only source of heating unfortunately.
Purchased in May 2018 for $499.00.
Great heater for whole room but high running cost.
Heater worked so well in our family/kitchen area that we brought another for the bedroom. Unfortunately our electricity bill has tripled. Will go back to gas ducted.
It will work out much the same cost but we can heat the whole house again.
Purchased in May 2019.
Excellent heater but castors have always been a problem
I have had this heater for quite a few years. It heats the home beautifully....even comfortable heat, silent and energy efficient. There are 2 issues I have constantly experienced with the heater though - one being a problem with the castors. I have never been able to fit them properly, even with the stores assistance and the help of friends. I have had to tie them on and carefully move the heater, usually having to lift rather than roll it. This is a bit of a safety issue.
The second problem is that if I turn the temperature down past 6, the heater switches itself off.
I am in the process of needing another heater and thinking of another noirot, with the only concern being the castors and settings??
Purchased in February 2011 at The Good Guys for $449.00.
Questions & Answers
Can you uninstall the casters from a Noiret Spot panel heater if you decide to mount it on a wall?
If the castors are already attached then you cant remove them without breaking them. However if you havent put castors on then you have no problem. They arent attached when you buy it.
Mine just slip on and then a small black bracket holds them in place. I think the castors can be easily removed.
- This range of electric heaters from Noirot uses a patented heated element called Monobloc to promise a 100% silent operation.
- Designed with a child lock incorporated into an electric thermostat, for added safety.
- Awarded a Sensitive Choice butterfly, the Noirot Spot Plus range of heaters is approved by the National Asthma Council Australia as being safe to use for people with asthma.
- Streamlined design and the ability to be wall-mounted makes the Noirot Spot Plus a space saver, as it can unobtrusively sit in a living room.
- If you’d prefer not to have the heater wall-mounted, you can have it fitted with Easy Glide Castors on the bottom, which allow you to move your heater from room to room.
- Selected models feature an integrated timer or integrated thermostat. Some models are equipped with both, for added convenience.
Points of Praise
- This range of heaters by Noirot heats up a room effectively and quickly. It then maintains a comfortable heat, even on frosty nights and in awkwardly shaped rooms.
- A number of happy reviewers owned a few differently sized models - for example a 1000W Noirot Spot Plus for their child’s bedroom, and the 2400W version for their master bedroom. They found that the heaters were consistent in their heating performance.
- The brand was true to its claims about a silently operating heater, as many reviewers reported that their heaters produced zero noise while running.
Points to consider
- A lack of energy efficiency posed a concern for a number of reviewers, who noticed that their energy bills increased drastically after using the Noirot Spot Plus.
- Setting the temperature using the thermostat can be complicated, especially at first.
- Some reviewers who gave less positive reviewers noticed that some components in the heater deteriorated quickly - including plastic parts melting.
- There are gaps in the heater design large enough to poke little fingers or tails through and get burned.
- The wheels can easily become detached from the appliance, and are difficult to put back on.
|Category||Electric Heaters||Electric Heaters||Electric Heaters||Electric Heaters|
|Heater Type||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable|
|Max Room Size||10 m²||10 m²||15 m²||20 m²|
|Colour / Finish||White||White||White||White|
|Dimensions||440 x 420 x 80 mm||440 x 420 x 80 mm||440 x 585 x 80 mm||440 x 745 x 80 mm|
|Features||Thermostat||Thermostat and Timer||Thermostat and Timer||Thermostat and Timer|
|Additional Features||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off|
|Power||1,000 W||1,000 W||1,500 W||2,000 W|
|Manufacturer Warranty||25 year(s)||25 year(s)||25 year(s)||25 year(s)|
|Release date||Oct 2008||Oct 2008||Oct 2008||Oct 2008|
Visit official website
- Noirot - 7358-3 - 1000W Spot Plus Heater
- Noirot - 7358-5 - 1500W Spot Plus Heater
- 1500W Spot Plus Panel Heater
- Noirot - 7358-3T - 1000W Spot Plus Heater with Timer
- Noirot - 7358-5T - 1500W Spot Plus Heater with Timer
- 2000W Spot Plus Panel Heater
- 1500W Spot Plus Panel Heater with Timer
- Noirot - 7358-7 - 2000W Spot Plus Heater
- 2400W Spot Plus Panel Heater
- Noirot - 7358-7T - 2000W Spot Plus Heater with Timer
- 2000W Spot Plus Panel Heater with Timer
- Noirot - 7358-8T - 2400W Spot Plus Heater with Timer
- 2400W Spot Plus Panel Heater with Timer
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.