Sensitive Choice approved
Not especially energy efficient
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Doesn’t heat the room which is very small. Very disappointed. Paid $399 No warmth at all
We have a very small room and there hardly any warmth coming from the heater. Very disappointed especially for the cost of it. We are looking out for another heater to replace this one Wouldn’t recommend these.
Purchased in July 2020.
Expensive and ineffective
The heater never gets the room to the desired temperature. It’s more like an oil heater you need to stand net to it for warmth. Probably only good for a small bedroom if anything.
Purchased in May 2021 at The Good Guys for $465.00.
Waste of money
The people reviewing this heater must be getting paid,what a waste of money,had to literally sit on top of it to get warm.Not satisfied with the way it heated up the room,waste of money
Purchased in June 2021 at Bing Lee Physical store for $479.00.
NOIROT never misses a beat. Bought in 2009
This heater is a gem. We bought three in 2009 and none of them have missed a beat since. We work from home and our house is a three bedroom open plan. These keep the temperature at our comfort of a constant 21 degrees Celsius all winter which we have found is efficient regarding electricity cost. You don't even know they are running until you go outside and realise how cold it is. The best thing is no drafts from heated air blowing around the room or concentrated warm spots, just a subtle overall warmth. Excellent value. Compact slim design. Lightweight and easy to clean.
Purchased in March 2009 for $233.00.
Simply the BEST!
Received my Noirot Spot Plus 2400W yesterday and used it immediately. Light weight and easy to move from room to room. I am impressed!! Heats the room up nicely and it is a comfortable heat.
Better than my zoned Aircon!
Purchased in April 2021 at eBay for $415.00.
Using this outside in a large greenhouse (8m x 4m) and it's been going for 9 years.
Using this outside in a large greenhouse (8m x 4m) and it's been going for 9 years. Very well built, no issues at all and it's consistent. I maintain the heat outside at 14C approx each night but this can vary if we get a frost which is rare. Keeps my tropical plants warm and never misses a beat. Not sure how anyone could go through 3 heaters with less than a month of life with each one. This is a high quality product that costs less to run than cheaper models. Maybe the cheapest heating available if you are on a budget (or need one for your tropical plants).
Purchased in October 2012 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $399.00.
- Spot Plus 7358-8T (2400W)
Great for our bigger master bedroom
We have three sizes of the Noirot. We use this 2400W for our master bedroom, which is considerably larger than our other rooms. So far it has been up to the job. I love how we just set the desired temperature on the LCD, and the heater adjusts its own heating to get what we want. I know for a fact it doesn't use 2400W all the time as I monitor our energy usage on our Solar energy consumption app. That is, sometimes it only uses 1000W, and only goes up to 2400W when the room is really cold and the heater is just starting up. I suppose this automatic variable heating is how Noirot can be economical. Love the lifetime warranty too.
Purchased in March 2021 at The Good Guys for $499.00.
- Spot Plus 7358-3T (1000W)
Perfect for our kid's room
We have a few different sizes of the Noirot Spot Plus. This 1000W is for our kid's room. We decided to pay the extra $40 to get the one with timer, not so much for the timer itself, but for the LCD screen which allows us to set the exact temperature. This is simple to use. No need to worry about different heat settings. Just set the desired temperature, and the thing does its work.
Purchased in March 2021 at Harvey Norman for $379.00.
Great for a 2 bedroom apartment
Can’t believe how good this is! Heats our entire 2 bedroom apartment up and keeps it warm. The timer lets us set it up for mornings & evenings - would recommend to anyone with a small house
Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.
Excellent for small or average size rooms
Well we have just moved into a new village retirement home and was looking for a heater that if used properly give us quality and service we went for this heater. We have a small computer room and a small tv room which does get cold besides it was just used to take the chill out of the room we already have a large heat pump that is enough to cover open plan of this house my sister in law has had one for 5 to 6 years and has not had a problem I will be buying a s cond one
Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $330.00.
- Spot Plus 7358-5T (1500W)
This is a great heater
- Absolutely no noise due to the monobloc heating element. No expanding/contracting crack/noise.
- Easy to use. Haven't yet used the timer setting due to the fact that it was easy enough to turn on and wait for a bit for the room to heat up. Room is about 10m2 so it is pretty quick to heat up.
- Very happy with the purchase
Purchased in May 2020.
Not happy sadly. I feel the Nobo which I had before beats it hands down. Why I did not purchase another Nobo beats me. Have to turn reverse cycle on to boost the heat. Not feel it heats as well as Nobo. We have blocked kitchen and small hallway off with curtains to keep heat in lounge
Purchased in June 2020 for $499.00.
Great product, expensive but lifetime way.
Does a very good job of heating, no noise just hot. I would certainly buy one again, had it for a couple of years now and it does get a work out.
Purchased in May 2018 for $499.00.
Heats room quickly and effectively Previously any heater I tried irritated my eyes. Only negative is that it is very hot to touch so not suitable if you have toddlers,although it can be mounted on the wall.
Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $368.00.
The Perfect Heater
This is the perfect wall heater for our apartment living room. It works quickly and efficiently with zero noise. We also have vented heating/cooling aircon. We use the Noirot to supplement the aircon during the depths of winter. It is on for around six hours per day and have noticed no particular increase in our power bills.
Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.
Questions & Answers
Hi. Our Noirot Spot Plus 7358-T5 won’t turn on. I have tried resetting by holding down the on button for 20 seconds but nothing. When I turn the power off and on again the digital screen lights up for about 10-15 seconds and displays 2.3
Does anyone have a solution please?
Does the 1500W run at this number of Watts all the time regardless of temperature setting? For example, if it was running at 20C would the watt power be at say 1200 watts.
Hi, my heater seems to be making a squeaking noise when it’s on. We have it set to 19 degrees overnight. It’s in my baby’s room and the squeaking is quite noticeable to the point it sometimes wakes her up. I spent ages in her room one night trying to work out what on earth was making the noise- thought it was an animal at first! Should it be doing this? Thanks!
Get an answer from our members and Noirot representatives
- This range of electric heaters from Noirot uses a patented heated element called Monobloc to promise a 100% silent operation.
- Designed with a child lock incorporated into an electric thermostat, for added safety.
- Awarded a Sensitive Choice butterfly, the Noirot Spot Plus range of heaters is approved by the National Asthma Council Australia as being safe to use for people with asthma.
- Streamlined design and the ability to be wall-mounted makes the Noirot Spot Plus a space saver, as it can unobtrusively sit in a living room.
- If you’d prefer not to have the heater wall-mounted, you can have it fitted with Easy Glide Castors on the bottom, which allow you to move your heater from room to room.
- Selected models feature an integrated timer or integrated thermostat. Some models are equipped with both, for added convenience.
Points of Praise
- This range of heaters by Noirot heats up a room effectively and quickly. It then maintains a comfortable heat, even on frosty nights and in awkwardly shaped rooms.
- A number of happy reviewers owned a few differently sized models - for example a 1000W Noirot Spot Plus for their child’s bedroom, and the 2400W version for their master bedroom. They found that the heaters were consistent in their heating performance.
- The brand was true to its claims about a silently operating heater, as many reviewers reported that their heaters produced zero noise while running.
Points to consider
- A lack of energy efficiency posed a concern for a number of reviewers, who noticed that their energy bills increased drastically after using the Noirot Spot Plus.
- Setting the temperature using the thermostat can be complicated, especially at first.
- Some reviewers who gave less positive reviewers noticed that some components in the heater deteriorated quickly - including plastic parts melting.
- There are gaps in the heater design large enough to poke little fingers or tails through and get burned.
- The wheels can easily become detached from the appliance, and are difficult to put back on.
|Category||Electric Heaters||Electric Heaters||Electric Heaters||Electric Heaters|
|Heater Type||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable||Convector & Panel, Portable and Wall-Mountable|
|Max Room Size||10 m²||10 m²||15 m²||20 m²|
|Dimensions||440 x 420 x 80 mm||440 x 420 x 80 mm||440 x 585 x 80 mm||440 x 745 x 80 mm|
|Features||Thermostat||Thermostat and Timer||Thermostat and Timer||Thermostat and Timer|
|Additional Features||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off||Anti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Thermal Cut-Off|
|Power||1,000 W||1,000 W||1,500 W||2,000 W|
|Manufacturer Warranty||25 year(s)||25 year(s)||25 year(s)||25 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||White||White||White||White|
|Release date||Oct 2008||Oct 2008||Oct 2008||Oct 2008|
Other Electric Heaters
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.