Novalac Allergy

Novalac Allergy

This is so perfecta because my baby needs this

Purchased in May 2019.

If anyone is looking for any formula let me know my daughter is having an allergic reaction to this formula :-(

Yes loved the taste but side effects extreme vomiting & hospitalised for it. So sad as we were so so hopeful that it would be ok. Very easy to prepare & make

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $35.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Truly the best option for cow milk allergy baby

Baby is so happy and I am glad we found this formula as the nights are less stressful now. The supply seem to be a problem as most pharmacy are now having shortage.

Purchased in February 2019 for $35.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Such a great product for dairy free babies

I am heartbroken that this is out of stock nation wide. This is the only product my son can tolerate without breaking out in eczema. His rash cleared remarkably since we introduced this to his diet. It has a thick consistency which helped with weight gain and he took to it like a duck to water. Hoping the next batch arrives in Australia soon.

Purchased in February 2019 for $39.95.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Great for dairy free babies

My baby girl LOVES this. She is still breastfed but occasionally we top her up with formula - this is the only one I will use as I really dislike dairy. She doesn't get any reaction, no tummy aches or changed bowel movements. And the taste isn't too bad for formula.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $35.00.

Very easy on the tummy

One of the very few products that’s doesn’t upset my sons tummy! Great option instead of soy base. It smells bitter but he never rejects his bottle. Would recommend to any mum with allergy baby. Esocally lactose

Purchased in January 2019.

The Product is FANTASTIC, but the availability is DISGRACEFUL

This formula is the ONLY product that my granddaughter can have. As she suffers from silent reflux and has an intolerance to salicylic acid, therefore breastfeeding was not an option, and foods are being introduced to her very slowly for this reason.
My poor daughter was so excited that she was able to breastfeed successfully with baby number 2, so was devastated when the little one had an intolerance and allergy to breastmilk. With all of the difficulties she experienced, with padeatricians, nutritionists and allergy specialists to help her baby digest and retain optimum nutrition, the Novalac Allergy Formula was an absolute blessing for both mother and bub, and she is thriving on this formula.
So the low rating given is not about the product itself, it is about the constant battle to obtain this product! The product always has a shortage in distribution, and there is no equivalent product in the market.
I am completely perplexed with the issue of supply of baby formula in Australia especially when breastfeeding is always repeatedly stressing young mothers, it is always the first option. The people in Australia that are exporting our baby formula for their own financial gains, is the cause of the demand/supply shortage overall, but apparently are not buying the Novalac Allergy formula to export, so the shortfall in supply can only be reflected on the manufacturer.
The ones that are suffering are all of those precious little bubba's and their mothers, who are at the end of their tethers trying every possible solution of formula available in the market. And when they finally strike gold and find Novalac Allergy formula is the only solution that works, it is cruel that there is nowhere that it can be purchased from.
All of the Research and Development that goes into making this product is completely destroyed if this fantastic product cannot be produced, distributed and readily available in the market place.
As a very concerned grandparent, any suggestions on where I could buy this product from, would be greatly appreciated. I would give anything so that my little grandbubba's would be happy and healthy

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Australia for $40.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Fantastic formula.

Loving this formula. I have been mix feeding since my daughter was 2 months, at first she just had a bit of reflux, nothing major. When we introduced formula it got slightly worse, but in the last month and a half it has gotten worse by the week. We tried Bellamy’s, S26 reflux and Novalac reflux with no success. We are waiting to see our pediatrician but in the mean time were desperate to find something to help with the reflux as both breastmilk and formula were being vomited up in huge amounts.
I decided to try Novalac allergy, we’ve had 2 feeds so far and what a difference. No vomits and a much happier baby all around. Until we find out what’s wrong this formula already seems to be helping, hopefully it continues.
Will post an update when we finish the tin to see if it’s continued helping.

Purchased in March 2019 at Priceline for $37.49.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Novalac has been a life saver.

After my grandson was admitted to hospital with bloody diarrhoea, cramps and general distress the hospital initially started him on soy formula.
Still not a good fit. Symptoms finally abated when we started using Novalac allergy. Complete turnaround within 24-48 hrs in symptoms and general interactions in him as a newborn.

Purchased in December 2018 for $34.99.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Good for combination feeding with cow’s milk protein intolerance

Baby seems happy drinking this formula, we use it as a final feed around 11 pm each night. It does seem to be on the heavier side and baby goes into a fairly deep sleep after drinking it for a couple of hours. It seems t have a fairly bland smell/flavour which is ok for a once a day feed but would probably mix things up if we were feeding formula around the clock.

Very good for dairy intolerance

Started this formula when baby was diagnosed with dairy intolerance. It is fabulous. My daughter loves drinking it and very easily digested. She didn’t even realise it was rice based formula. No side effects from it. Easily to prepare but does leave a greasy film on the bottles so have to wash the bottle instead of rinse before sterilising. It does have a bit of a different smell and colour to it and it is slightly expensive. Not all supermarkets sell it and not all chemist sell it. Overall, very happy with this product and do recommend it.

Life saver formula

After trying different formulas this is the best. My daughter has a milk intolerance and has a hernia due to constipation It is easy to prepare my baby like it a lot . She sleeps very well no issues at all this formula is a life saver i highly recommend it

Good product for babies with allergies.

This formula is quite pricey but it is a crucial part of a little ones fiet if allergies are an issue.
Gluten free rice based formula that is simple to use.
I like the leveller on the inside of the lid.
Bub is not convinced on the flavour yet.
The water does seem to need to be quite hot to fully dissolve the formula

So far, so good

This formula is a life saver. Bub has an allergy to cows milk protein and reflux. We've tried so many formulas- s26, S26 LI, aptamal allerpro, and most recently neocate with little success. We tried neocate for 2 days after a week on novolax allergy as we heard it might not have the same nutritional value but bub went back to his old self, choking and sick after feeds and generally unhappy. So we've reverted back to novolac, bub is alot happier and reflux is under control. Its early days but hoping he continues to improve.

Only downsides on this formula is he has one, fowl smeeling green cement like poo every day but doesn't seem to annoy him and the formula itself is most expensive on the shelves at $36

Had to write a review to help parents out there!

I dont usually write reviews but i would love to help others that went through a similiar situation after trying 6 different formulas and finding out my baby girl had a cows protein allergy i had her on allerpro aptamil she was ok on this but very gassy her poos were very smelly and her farts smelt like poos she was also vomiting and spitting alot and wasnt a sleeper i was convinced my baby just didnt like to sleep

After switching to allergy novalac (heard about it from a waiter at a cafe who swore by it) my little one was a different baby she sleeps so.well now shes so much calmer.no more smelly farts no more resettling over and over we are both sleeping alot better and she just is an all round happy calm baby thank you novalac!!!!

Finally found a formula bub can take

I don't often write reviews but i wanted to share my experience with other parents who are having formula feeding issues, due to what looks like allergy-like symptoms (my bub had rash, congestion, wheezing, excessive bloating/gas, reflux sometimes projectile vomitting and diarrhea).
Over 8 weeks I've tried 5 formulas - Aptamil Gold Plus, Bellamys Organic, Nan Comfort, Aptamil Allerpro - all of these are made with Cows Milk protein. Now I'm trying Novalac Allergy which is rice-based
It's been a few days and I've already noticed a difference. Congestion has cleared, a lot less gas and no diarrhea vomitting or reflux. She also seems a lot more brighter / alert. She's been able to take a full bottle within a reasonable timeframe 20-30mins (feeds were taking at least an hour before due to fussiness / burping due to gas). She seems to like the taste.
It requires prepration with hot water (at least 40 degrees) - you can't prepare at room temp as it doesn't dissolve so something to be mindful of when on the go. It's also a bit more pricey at around $36 but it's worth it.

great formula jsut a little thick

my son is lactose intolerant and this formula was great when he was a new born but as we increased the formula amount i noticed it was too thick to go through the teat and i wasted loads of money on new bottles tryuing to find something that he could drink from. not only that but it was very difficult to find in my chemists so i had to change formula

Great allergy formula.

Formula is easy to prepare as long as you use hot water as it can be hard to mix. Make sure you clean bottles straight away because formula can leave residue on bottles otherwise. Baby loved the formula however after 10 days was evident that baby was allergic to rice also so had to change to elemental formula.

Great product

After trying different formulas this is the best. My daughter has a milk intolerance and has a hernia due to constipation. Since changing to this her bowels are regular and she is a happier child. Took about 3 weeks to turn things around but she is much happier so we are happier

Life saver for me and my baby

My dd has allergic to dairy and soy and tried different non dairy and soy formula she couldn’t tolerate them but Novalac Allergy is the best she loved it and having it since then without any issue. I can’t express my feelings on words because it save my life. totally recommend to patent with dairy and soy allergic baby

Can this formula assist with reflux?
Hi, I believe there is a specific Novalac reflux product too. The allergy one is for babies confirmed to have cow milk allergy. Currently there is major supplier shortage for allergy rice based formula.

the baby has been using this one, but will turn 1 year old soon, is there another formula that follows ??? THANK YOU
Follow on 'formula' products are usually either identical or identical or higher in sugar and lower in complexity and nutritional value. They are not as tightly regulated in many countries as infant formula, so they become 'drinks' instead of breast milk replacement with everything that means from a nutritional perspective. There's no reason not to stick with novalac allergy, apart from stock issues, as long as your child is adding other foods to their diet if/where medically possible.

Have been using novalac allergy 2 x a day for 3 days while mix feeding, after showing signs of milk intolerance when using nan comfort. Hoping to transition to formula full time but baby still seems to have tummy pains, really smelly farts and isnt pooing regularly on this formula. Is this normal?
Sounds like it isn't agreeing wonderfully with your child. This can be due to things like intolerance, underdeveloped guts or just a change of diet. If you've ruled out reflux, tried things like simethicone (infacol wind drops) and Zantac

Allergy