Novalac Allergy

Novalac Allergy

See the Best Baby Formulas in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Melissa

MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lumpy & grainy, doesn’t dissolve properly

I am surprised at the number of good reviews for this formula, we found it to be very lumpy & grainy, not dissolving properly and therefore the milk won’t flow through a normal teat because the grains get stuck and block the flow. Baby is usually very good with new flavours but rejected this one, probably because of the grainy texture. We wont be using this again unfortunately!

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $39.00.

Easy to PrepareNo

This is so perfecta because my baby needs this

Purchased in May 2019.

Vaniya

Vaniya

Truly the best option for cow milk allergy baby

Baby is so happy and I am glad we found this formula as the nights are less stressful now. The supply seem to be a problem as most pharmacy are now having shortage.

Purchased in February 2019 for $35.00.

Olivia

OliviaSydney, NSW

Such a great product for dairy free babies

I am heartbroken that this is out of stock nation wide. This is the only product my son can tolerate without breaking out in eczema. His rash cleared remarkably since we introduced this to his diet. It has a thick consistency which helped with weight gain and he took to it like a duck to water. Hoping the next batch arrives in Australia soon.

Purchased in February 2019 for $39.95.

Dr Carla Brion

Dr Carla BrionMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for dairy free babies

My baby girl LOVES this. She is still breastfed but occasionally we top her up with formula - this is the only one I will use as I really dislike dairy. She doesn't get any reaction, no tummy aches or changed bowel movements. And the taste isn't too bad for formula.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $35.00.

Mika

Mika

Very easy on the tummy

One of the very few products that’s doesn’t upset my sons tummy! Great option instead of soy base. It smells bitter but he never rejects his bottle. Would recommend to any mum with allergy baby. Esocally lactose

Purchased in January 2019.

Humpty

HumptySydney, NSW

The Product is FANTASTIC, but the availability is DISGRACEFUL

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Australia for $40.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Emma

EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic formula.

Purchased in March 2019 at Priceline for $37.49.

staraus1

staraus1Perth, WA

Novalac has been a life saver.

After my grandson was admitted to hospital with bloody diarrhoea, cramps and general distress the hospital initially started him on soy formula.
Still not a good fit. Symptoms finally abated when we started using Novalac allergy. Complete turnaround within 24-48 hrs in symptoms and general interactions in him as a newborn.

Purchased in December 2018 for $34.99.

AMTM

AMTMSydney

Good for combination feeding with cow’s milk protein intolerance

Baby seems happy drinking this formula, we use it as a final feed around 11 pm each night. It does seem to be on the heavier side and baby goes into a fairly deep sleep after drinking it for a couple of hours. It seems t have a fairly bland smell/flavour which is ok for a once a day feed but would probably mix things up if we were feeding formula around the clock.

Hannifinn

HannifinnMelbourne

Very good for dairy intolerance

Started this formula when baby was diagnosed with dairy intolerance. It is fabulous. My daughter loves drinking it and very easily digested. She didn’t even realise it was rice based formula. No side effects from it. Easily to prepare but does leave a greasy film on the bottles so have to wash the bottle instead of rinse before sterilising. It does have a bit of a different smell and colour to it and it is slightly expensive. Not all supermarkets sell it and not all chemist sell it. Overall, very happy with this product and do recommend it.

Bill

BillMelbourne

Life saver formula

After trying different formulas this is the best. My daughter has a milk intolerance and has a hernia due to constipation It is easy to prepare my baby like it a lot . She sleeps very well no issues at all this formula is a life saver i highly recommend it

Jacinta M

Jacinta MAlbury

Good product for babies with allergies.

This formula is quite pricey but it is a crucial part of a little ones fiet if allergies are an issue.
Gluten free rice based formula that is simple to use.
I like the leveller on the inside of the lid.
Bub is not convinced on the flavour yet.
The water does seem to need to be quite hot to fully dissolve the formula

So far, so good

This formula is a life saver. Bub has an allergy to cows milk protein and reflux. We've tried so many formulas- s26, S26 LI, aptamal allerpro, and most recently neocate with little success. We tried neocate for 2 days after a week on novolax allergy as we heard it might not have the same nutritional value but bub went back to his old self, choking and sick after feeds and generally unhappy. So we've reverted back to novolac, bub is alot happier and reflux is under control. Its early days but hoping he continues to improve.

Only downsides on this formula is he has one, fowl smeeling green cement like poo every day but doesn't seem to annoy him and the formula itself is most expensive on the shelves at $36

Becca

BeccaSydney, NSW

Had to write a review to help parents out there!

I dont usually write reviews but i would love to help others that went through a similiar situation after trying 6 different formulas and finding out my baby girl had a cows protein allergy i had her on allerpro aptamil she was ok on this but very gassy her poos were very smelly and her farts smelt like poos she was also vomiting and spitting alot and wasnt a sleeper i was convinced my baby just didnt like to sleep

After switching to allergy novalac (heard about it from a waiter at a cafe who swore by it) my little one was a different baby she sleeps so.well now shes so much calmer.no more smelly farts no more resettling over and over we are both sleeping alot better and she just is an all round happy calm baby thank you novalac!!!!

Deb

Deb

Finally found a formula bub can take

Peter Michal

Peter Michal

great formula jsut a little thick

my son is lactose intolerant and this formula was great when he was a new born but as we increased the formula amount i noticed it was too thick to go through the teat and i wasted loads of money on new bottles tryuing to find something that he could drink from. not only that but it was very difficult to find in my chemists so i had to change formula

skyla6161

skyla6161Bendigo

Great allergy formula.

Formula is easy to prepare as long as you use hot water as it can be hard to mix. Make sure you clean bottles straight away because formula can leave residue on bottles otherwise. Baby loved the formula however after 10 days was evident that baby was allergic to rice also so had to change to elemental formula.

Great product

After trying different formulas this is the best. My daughter has a milk intolerance and has a hernia due to constipation. Since changing to this her bowels are regular and she is a happier child. Took about 3 weeks to turn things around but she is much happier so we are happier

Life saver for me and my baby

My dd has allergic to dairy and soy and tried different non dairy and soy formula she couldn’t tolerate them but Novalac Allergy is the best she loved it and having it since then without any issue. I can’t express my feelings on words because it save my life. totally recommend to patent with dairy and soy allergic baby