Novalac Reflux

Novalac Reflux

4.1

• Breastfed Child Yes (13%) · No (88%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (94%) · No (6%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (44%) · No (56%)

Not worth the distress.

My baby is 1 month old and I have been mixfeeding her breast milk and Karicare formula from about 3 weeks old. Her reflux started recently and I was recommended to Novalac Reflux, and majority of reviews were good. I am sad to report that since the first feed she has been screaming straight after the feed, and it hasn't controlled her reflux symptoms at all. I understand you have to give something a go to see if it will work, but seeing my daughter in so much distress is not worth it. It also says it's supposed to thicken in the stomach and not in the bottle, which is not true at all. It can clog the teat and does not mix well. I will be going back to Karicare and will just wait for the reflux symptoms to subside naturally.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$32.49.

Easy to PrepareNo
Kels

KelsCanberra 2600, ACT

Worse than ever.

My bub was recently on aptimal AR and was working great then they changed the formula and she was back vomiting again. We heard about this formula and the chemist and doctor recommended it. I’ve never seen her this bad. She’s constipated and she vomits every feed. Sometimes she will vomit up an hour after a feed. You can see she is so uncomfortable after a feed.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$35.00.

K B D

K B DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Finally my baby is happy!

My baby had been suffering reflux for a while and was getting worse, he was upset after every bottle and spitting up so much milk, and he was so uncomfortable. Very hard to see!
Tried this formula and literally after the first bottle, he was smiling and cooing and he has had no discomfort since. So happy I made the switch!

Purchased in June 2020 at Terry White Chemmart for A$30.00.

hasan

hasanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Life-saving product

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.00.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Did not work for our family

Originally had my LO on Nan comfort but he developed bad wind despite being quite content on it. Switched to Novalac colic after advice from a relative who is a nurse and my LO’s wind settled but then started crying after every feed. GP determined that he likely has reflux so switched to this formula just so that I wasn’t switching brands as well as type. Settled his reflux a bit but still cried constantly and also begun to not sleep well. I have since switched him back to Nan and I am using the A.R. version with them and he is already much happier after a day. A bit disappointed that the novalac wasn’t effective given the price but glad that I have sorted out what is best for my Bub.

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Lily R.

Lily R.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Good for reflux

My six weeks old daughter developed silent reflux, I was on breaking point because we tried different formulas but couldn’t find one that would settle the problem. FINALLY found a formula that’s gentle for her tummy and at the same time settled her reflux. She drank it easily because the milk thickens in the tummy ‘not’ in the bottle. No problems with her bowel movement. The product is expensive but worth the money.

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Breastfed Child Yes
Ashlee

AshleePerth, WA

God sent!!!

My daughter screamed for hours in pain. It was a painful experience watching her in so much pain. I tried so many different formulas that did not work. I was at breaking point. My Dr suggested this formula and it was honestly amazing. Straight away it worked wonders. I honestly highly recommend this formula for reflux.

Purchased in August 2015 at Priceline for A$30.00.

A wonderful product.

Thrilled to have found it and bubs is settled and happy. She doesn't burp that easily but is not upset when you lay her flat and I'm so happy that she is well and content.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$30.00.

Charlie

CharlieMid North Coast, NSW

Only formula that worked and that my baby would drink.

My baby loves this formula. The only formula that he didn’t throw up. I have wasted many tins trying alternatives but this was the only one that worked for my baby.

Purchased for A$29.00.

Jess B.

Jess B.Gippsland, VIC

Saved myself and my baby

My baby looks forward to drinking his bottle every night.
He doesn’t have any side effects or reactions from drinking Novalac reflux.
It’s so easy to prepare....210mls water,microwave/heat the water, add 7 scoops of formula !
It’s amazing !

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$30.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Tyrone

Tyrone

Best baby formula for my baby

I first tried this formula when my baby had stomach symptoms such as wind and reflux and was recommended this product. I ve been using the same formula since then. He seems to enjoy this a lot so I have decided to stay with the same brand.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$30.00.

Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

Worst reflux product

We swapped bub from Aptamil AR to Novalac for higher nutritional content and he threw it up. We followed the water to scoop ratio and it came back up watery and did not thicken at all

October 7th 2019 Update: Terrible product. Do Not Buy

My son projectile vomited the formula. It did not thicken up as stated on the tin and he screamed in pain when drinking it. The product was recommended to me but I do not recommend it to others

Purchased in August 2019 for A$35.00.

Gungun

GungunSydney, NSW

Great for Reflux

My boy was very unsettled for a while then I tried this formula. He loved it. Easy to make. I will recommend this formula for any baby struggling with Reflux.

However my baby later diagnosed with CMPI. Switched to Neocate.

Purchased in September 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for A$39.00.

Dom

DomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Didnt work for us

I really wanted this formula to work for my sons reflux as I have read great reviews about it but unfortunately it has given him very bad stomach pains and after 3 feeds stopped giving it to him and since then we have found a brand that works for us.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$30.00.

Olivia R.

Olivia R.Sydney, NSW

Dosnt thicken fast enough

Although the formula is a AR and the only formula of it’s kind to thicken in the stomach not the bottle I found this “ feature” didn’t work for my baby . My 14wk old will stop drinking after 70 ml if the milks not thick as it causes him discomfort . I found a hour after his fed he was still having reflux vomiting .we tried novalac AR on recommendation from the chemist as I was transitioning my son from delac + thickner to a normal AR as he had outgrown his lactose intolerance. Thickening his prior formula he drank between 150-180 and was gaining weight on novalac his vomiting and refusal to drink past 70 ml has left him not putting enough weight on We will be trying another formula today

Purchased in June 2019 for A$30.99.

Amy M

Amy MSydney, NSW

Worked wonders!

This formaula is great! It’s helped get rid of my daughters painful reflux. She still spits up a bit but no more projectile vomiting!
Now we just need to find something to help with the wind!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$28.99.

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing

This is a great product is very gentle on babies stomach. It has helped alot with babys spewing and is very minimal now.
It also mixes so well no lumps.

Purchased in February 2019 at Friendly care pharmacy for A$29.49.

Bullion

Bullion

Finally!

After trying every type of formula available for my reflux baby I tried Novalac after a pharmacist recommended it. My daughter’s reflux has finally been managed and my baby is much happier! The formula is not too thick so she enjoys drinking it too! Her stool is thicker but she is not constipated like she was on Aptamil and S26. Highly recommended!

It worked for my son!

My son is now 1 and I’m soo upset we have to change him over as the age limit for this is 12 months. After a long 3 months as first time parents we finally realised our son had reflux. The pharmacist recommended this and we didn’t look back:
Our baby no longer cried with he’s bottle or stretched he’s body out, upset. He was a “happy spitter” meaning he spat out only little bits, not the full on reflux vomit.
He stopped the spit ups, made him full and was very happy on the formula.
Having a baby with reflux is the worst, to see them in pain. But I swear by this product.
We are now pregnant with baby number 2, and if they’re any signs of reflux, this will be the first formula I buy.

Dianne