Novalac Reflux

Novalac Reflux

See the Best Baby Formulas in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Novalac? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Breastfed Child Yes (3) · No (18)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (20) · No (2)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (8) · No (13)
Steph
StephSydney, NSW

Didn’t help my baby unfortunately

My 9 week old was taking Karicare with aptamil thickener and doing well spewing up very minimal whilst using his meds and doing the usual reflux management. I was recommended to try novolac reflux so I did and every time I gave my son a bottle he would spew the entire thing up and be uncomfortable. It just didn’t work for us unfortunately. It wasn’t hard to prepare and dissolved as stated.

Purchased in August 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $33.49.

Unsure

Our daughter has some pretty gnarly reflux so were trialing this formula out after reading mostly positive reviews. So far she seems to be taking it ok, but I super dislike how badly it mixes. Super clumpy no matter how much we shake it or what tempreture water we mix it with. This formula also doesnt work with the Dr.Brownes anti colic bottles, its too thick that it gets stuck in the air filter. Weve had to take the air filter out so now its like we might fix the reflux but replace it with trapped gas. So far seems to be helping but overall not too impressed with those negatives!

Purchased in July 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $34.00.

Tian
TianBerry

Highly recommend

My baby had colic/ reflux on a certain brand of formula, it was suggested by the community nurse that we try mixing both novolac and the other formula so 50/50 and it has been the perfect balance for my bubba, and reflux/wind/colic is definitely so much better! I’ll definitely keep buying novolac reflux.

Rosie
RosieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I’d tried this months ago!

After 5 months of breastfeeding and a very unhappy baby I decided I would try this formula. After one bottle she was a different baby. No throwing up, no crying and slept in the day for the first time! Easy to prepare, only minor downside is when you shake the bottle some of the formula travels to the top and gets stuck in the teat. Overall great product and I’d recommend to anyone who has a baby suffering with reflux to try it.

Purchased in May 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $33.99.

Ashleigh
AshleighMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Didn’t help my baby with he’s reflux

Sadly this formula didn’t work for My 4 month old boy however he was such a happy baby on this formula & he done a poo everyday.
Will try him on it again when I have my boy on losec(reflux meds)

Purchased in February 2020 for $33.00.

tt
ttSydney, NSW

Thank you for this awesome baby formula

Am so grateful to have tried this formula, after my baby was vomiting so much, and after trying so many different formula, nothing worked, until I checked all the reviews and tried it, amd it worked, no more vomiting for my baby.

Purchased in September 2020 for $32.00.

Not worth the distress.

My baby is 1 month old and I have been mixfeeding her breast milk and Karicare formula from about 3 weeks old. Her reflux started recently and I was recommended to Novalac Reflux, and majority of reviews were good. I am sad to report that since the first feed she has been screaming straight after the feed, and it hasn't controlled her reflux symptoms at all. I understand you have to give something a go to see if it will work, but seeing my daughter in so much distress is not worth it. It also says it's supposed to thicken in the stomach and not in the bottle, which is not true at all. It can clog the teat and does not mix well. I will be going back to Karicare and will just wait for the reflux symptoms to subside naturally.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $32.49.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Kels
KelsCanberra 2600, ACT

Worse than ever.

My bub was recently on aptimal AR and was working great then they changed the formula and she was back vomiting again. We heard about this formula and the chemist and doctor recommended it. I’ve never seen her this bad. She’s constipated and she vomits every feed. Sometimes she will vomit up an hour after a feed. You can see she is so uncomfortable after a feed.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $35.00.

K B D
K B DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Finally my baby is happy!

My baby had been suffering reflux for a while and was getting worse, he was upset after every bottle and spitting up so much milk, and he was so uncomfortable. Very hard to see!
Tried this formula and literally after the first bottle, he was smiling and cooing and he has had no discomfort since. So happy I made the switch!

Purchased in June 2020 at Terry White Chemmart for $30.00.

hasan
hasanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Life-saving product

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $29.00.

Lisa
LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Did not work for our family

Originally had my LO on Nan comfort but he developed bad wind despite being quite content on it. Switched to Novalac colic after advice from a relative who is a nurse and my LO’s wind settled but then started crying after every feed. GP determined that he likely has reflux so switched to this formula just so that I wasn’t switching brands as well as type. Settled his reflux a bit but still cried constantly and also begun to not sleep well. I have since switched him back to Nan and I am using the A.R. version with them and he is already much happier after a day. A bit disappointed that the novalac wasn’t effective given the price but glad that I have sorted out what is best for my Bub.

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Lily R.
Lily R.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Good for reflux

My six weeks old daughter developed silent reflux, I was on breaking point because we tried different formulas but couldn’t find one that would settle the problem. FINALLY found a formula that’s gentle for her tummy and at the same time settled her reflux. She drank it easily because the milk thickens in the tummy ‘not’ in the bottle. No problems with her bowel movement. The product is expensive but worth the money.

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Ashlee
AshleePerth, WA

God sent!!!

My daughter screamed for hours in pain. It was a painful experience watching her in so much pain. I tried so many different formulas that did not work. I was at breaking point. My Dr suggested this formula and it was honestly amazing. Straight away it worked wonders. I honestly highly recommend this formula for reflux.

Purchased in August 2015 at Priceline for $30.00.

Andrea
Andrea

A wonderful product.

Thrilled to have found it and bubs is settled and happy. She doesn't burp that easily but is not upset when you lay her flat and I'm so happy that she is well and content.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Charlie
CharlieMid North Coast, NSW

Only formula that worked and that my baby would drink.

My baby loves this formula. The only formula that he didn’t throw up. I have wasted many tins trying alternatives but this was the only one that worked for my baby.

Purchased for $29.00.