2Novalac Sweet Dreams

Breastfed Child Yes · No
Easy to PrepareYes · No
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes · No
1.0
Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Bad constipation

Had my 4 month old baby on this for a week and caused him to be really constipated and caused a lot of pain for his belly, wouldn’t recommend, he was also still feeding quite regularly
G y y
G y y

Bad experience

used to give my baby novalic for colic was good then i try sweet dreams formula cause allergy to my baby her body became full of red spots bad experience  Show details
Cat T.Perth, WA3 posts

Made my baby screamed in pain and vomit

Unfortunately this formula didn’t agree with my baby’s stomach. I mixed two scoops of the sweet dream formula with 3 scoops of our original formula (As I heard it can cause constipation so I wanted to ease him into it instead of give a full bottle of it) and gave it to my 3.5month old in his bed time bottle. He started becoming very unsettled and cried 2 hours after drinking it. Another two hours later he woke from his sleep and screamed. As I picked him up to sooth him he let out a burp and then vomited. He was restless and uncomfortable for the rest of the night. The next day he was still uncomfortable (cry a lot more than usual), very very gassy and had poor appetite. We will not try this formula again. Show details
Cat T.

I just wanted to write a follow up review because a month after we tried this formula we found out our baby has cow’s milk protein allergy and that’s the reason he reacted so badly to it.

Dianne
DianneSydney, NSW8 posts

Melissa
Melissa5 posts

Great product

I started using this for night feeds mixed with novalac constipation and works well my baby only wakes 1x a night now for the last month she is 4 and a half months now so very happy keeps her fuller for longer and I saw a change within the week thank you novalac

Rache12
Rache12Sydney, NSW2 posts

Caused Tummy Upset

I really like Novolac so I didn’t want to leave a super bad review but unfortunately this particular formula has caused me quite a bit of grief with my Bub.

From day 1 of switching to this from the colic one it’s caused constipation and over the next few days it only went from bad to worse.

My babe was only having 1 or 2 bottles max and for the most part she is breastfed.

There is nothing else I have given her that could have caused this.

She’s been very difficult since and crying awake in pain and I’m going to go back to the colic one as she had no problem with that one.

It does keep fuller for longer, but I guess it just doesn’t agree with all babies tummies.

Lauren
LaurenAlbany Creek4 posts

Great for Reflux

Put my newborn on this after a few days on another brand because he was inconsolable. He was immediately happy after just one feed. I used it for the first 6 months of his life and extremely glad I found it when I did. It is an expensive one though.

Billy
BillySydney4 posts

Did really help with night waking

My son was waking up frequently at night until I discovered this formula when he turned 1. And ever since he wakes much less and most of the times would sleep through. Everytime this formula runs out I had to substitute it with a normal formula he would wake for a drink! So I really can’t do without it :) a life saver if you have issues with night feeding!

Celeste
CelesteHobart2 posts

Caused very bad constipation

We tried this formula introducing gradually and according to instructions. We were only using for last bottle of the night. First night I tried 2 scoops of this and 4 scoops of normal formula and LO was fine with three bowel movements the next day. The second night we tried 4scoops and 2 scoops of normal formula and had slightly extended sleep but following day LO was in severe pain on and off and really struggled with any bowel movements all day. Usually is happy all day and nothing fases her but she was constantly crying and straining. After this I won’t try again.

I do note a lot of people have had a good experience though so maybe just be wary of our experience if you are trying.

Grace
GraceTraralgon4 posts

Good formula

This formula is easy to prepare, you just follow the instructions on the tin. I have been feeding my baby her last bottle of the night with this formula and it keeps her fuller and more comfortable through the night. She is 9 months old now and had started to wake through the night again and this formula has definitely helped.

Emma29
Emma29Brisbane5 posts

1st night on SD bub slept through!

I came across this formula by chance and so glad i did. Seems to fill bub up and from the first night of using the formula bub slept from 10pm until after 6am. I have had friends also say their bubs wake up less/not at all on this formula. I heat water in bottle prior to mixing formula. I also give it to my bub at 3pm and then at bedtime at 6pm. Highly recommended!

Liz.alfie.baby
Liz.alfie.babySouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

What a relief!

After trying a couple of other formulas I have stuck with this one! Keeps my baby full and sleeps for 5-6hrs stretch overnight. Just find it does constipate him

But I add coloxyl drops into his bottle 2-3 times a day.

Bub brings up his wind easy and doesn’t spew it up.

Hayley30
Hayley30AU12 posts

Perfect for hungry babies

I couldn't live without this formula. I have a hungry baby that wants to feed all the time, especially through the night, however once we switched to this formula, the baby seemed full and satisfied and started sleeping through the night.

It's a lot thicker than other formula so you may need to adjust to a cross flow or fast flow teat but overall a top product.

Holly Edmunds .
Holly Edmunds .6 posts

perfect for mix feeding!

Easy to prepare and my bub had no issues swapping back and forth between breast milk and the formula, took the bottle first try with no taste issues. Has kept him regular and seems to keep him fuller for longer between feeds without "over feeding" him or causing him to vomit due to an overlarge quantity. Would definitely recommend!

lana
lanaNorth Queensland, QLD4 posts

This is perfect can't live with out it

This formula is very easy to prepare, my baby loves it. Wish I knew about it ages ago she was always hungry and irritable since putting her on this formula she goes four to five hrs without a feed with boiled water in between to keep her hydrated and sleeping is great wakes up once through the night don't hear from her till six or seven in the morning usually goes to bed around 6pm the only thing I can say negative about it is that it's not cheap but well worth the price for a happy full baby