Nurofen Gel

Nurofen Gel

See the Best Muscle & Pain Relief Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nurofen

3.7
    Amethyst1912Mid North Coast, NSW

Helps with op site pain

I had a knee replacement a month ago & thought this might help with some of the sharp pain in the inside of the knee. The outside is usually numb after the operation, but not the inside. Oral medication works, but not quite enough, but this stuff seems to settle the sharp niggly pain to be expected after this major surgery. I waited until the wound had completely healed & was cleared by the gp & then gave it a go. Works very well. Am grateful to have another med. to use.

batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick relief for muscle pains in limbs

This is a popular product with injured junior basketballers. They apply it 15 minutes before their games. I also use it to address cramps in legs and feet. It works really quickly and is much more effective than taking tablets. It will not be suitable for all maladies (eg headaches), but for cramps and other muscle problems in limbs it works within 5 minutes and lasts several hours. Recently I bought it for my elderly mother who is having trouble with night cramps in her legs. She now gets 3-4 hours relief before awaking and reapplying the gel. Sometimes we also apply deep heat or voltaren (anti-inflammatory). The combined effect is even stronger.
    Quick working and effective for muscle pain
    expensive.

Lou.p
    Lou.pAshgrove, Queensland

Doesn't do much for me.

I was hoping for something that would provide more relief. I've used it on my knee, shoulder and neck when ive strained them working out. I find that I can't tell the difference before and after I've used it. Though I also dont get much effect from ibuprofen tablets either. I'll just be sticking with my trusty deep heat and continue to smell like a nursing home.
    Rubs in easily
    Doesnt work for me

Janice Joplinasked

Can neurofen gel be used in the mouth, i.e. on gum shrinkage exposing tooth

Amethyst1912

It is only for external use. Sprains, strains, sports injuries & arthritis. Not for use when patient has stomach, liver, kidney or heart problems. There are other preparations for mouth ulcers such as SM-33, don't know how it works on exposed tooth nerves, worth a try - tho I have no qualifications as a medical person. I had dental work for receding gums - exxy. Good luck.

bat

Neurofen gel external use ONLY (as Amethyst1912 says)
    Also for the gum issue, change how you clean your teeth. Be gentle around your gums. Vigorous cleaning is NOT better than gentle cleaning. Use a SOFT bristle brush.
    I recommend a sensitive toothpaste such as SENSODYNE. I have been using this for many years due to sensitive teeth (particularly gum line). It is VERY effective. Takes a few weeks to really settle the teeth. I now have very few issues with sensitive teeth.
    SM-33 is brilliant. It tastes FOUL so keep it away from your tongue (unless that's where the issue is). SM-33 will numb the area for up to two hours. It is used for mouth ulcers. Apply carefully with a cotton bud. NOTE it WILL permanently stain clothing as it is iodine based. Also you should NOT use excessive amounts, so NOT a long term solution.
    For milder pain try Bonjela, It is a gel for ulcers and works similarly to SM-33 but is not as bad taste. Bonjela is not as effective as SM-33. Both medications are available from your pharmacist without a prescription.
    However, if you have serious tooth pain, you MUST see a dentist. A tooth CAN Abscess if the structure is compromised (hairline cracks). And that is extremely painful, has wider health effects on the body, and typically requires the nerve to be killed off. Sometimes extraction as well.

Janice Joplin

Thank you both, most helpful!!

ken.forbes.7
    ken.forbes.7asked

How long after last using Nurofen Gel, will the effects where

bat

As per my review "but for cramps and other muscle problems in limbs it works within 5 minutes and lasts several hours" Typically 3-4 hrs

Get an answer from our members and Nurofen representatives

CategoryMuscle & Pain Relief Products