Nutri Ninja Pro BL450

4.4

• Product is used
  • Safety

Doesn’t blend

We have a magic bullet which stopped working so we thought we would upgrade. Unfortunately this blender just doesn’t work. It’s very powerful and loud, but you constantly have to shake it to get it blending the whole contents which takes a long time. It seems to be something in the way the blades sit as it blends the lower half of anything you put in Very well but not the upper portion. I guess it might be ok for items with more liquid in but that’s not any good if you want to blend thicker. Just disappointing I’m afraid and we hope to be able to return.

Purchased in April 2020 at Catch for A$100.00.

Used forDips & Condiments and Smoothies
nicknamebecauseihav2

nicknamebecauseihav2melbourne

I hate it

it's very loud, like embarrassingly loud and my ears always ring afterwards.
despite blending for a fairly long time (I've used several other blenders in the past, most of them cheaper than this one so I know how long blending should take) it still ends up with lumps.
I even take the cup out, shake it, blend more, keep blending. no matter what I get lumps. I'm only blending banana and frozen banana with milk and protein powder and it can't do a good job.
It's a piece of junk, very large as well. Tried blending frozen mango pieces with milk just now, same result as above. it just doesn't blend well, I think it must be related to the very wide opening. other blenders I've used and seen don't have such a wide cup.

J-Man

J-ManSydney

Not so good.

Had to change my review of this product.
The design is terrible. The blades are great it does a good job however you can’t clean under the gasket where food and liquids get trapped. After a few days I was noticing a distinct very foul smell from the inside area. You can’t clean that in any way. You can’t remove the gasket either. I have contacted the company only for them to tell me there is no way of removing the gasket and I would need to buy a new extractor blade assembly. Poor design, lucky for me I was able to get a refund and have now purchased a much better blender with a better design.
Shame it had so much promise to begin with.

Purchased in June 2020 at Catch for A$88.00.

MhYara

MhYaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Every day love

my sister first bought ninja and Then I bought it the same one So happy I use it every day love using it so easy to clean and looks the same after two years

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$100.00.

Used forSmoothies and Soups

Russell Pata

Russell Pata

Simple is best.

Had used the narrow version for quite a while but wanted a bit more versatility.
This is the perfect upgrade. It is a simple plug n play item. No buttons, speeds or timers. Just load it up with your ingredients, lock it into place and push down. It is powerful and does a very thorough job of blitzing everything to tiny fragments.

Purchased in February 2020 at Catch for A$74.00.

LynM

LynMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Rubbish!

Purchased in January 2020 at Big W for A$129.00.

Safety
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Mega Bees

Mega BeesHunter Region, NSW

Power Power power

I have been loyal to the nutribullet for many years, but after reading many reviews about it failing after a year, I also experienced this myself. I investigated this ninja and must say it is noticeably different. More power for sure and I have confidence it will last much longer.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon.

teag

teagNorth ryde

Better than the competitor

Ive purchased two of the Nutri bullets previously and they both burned out within 12 months. Ive read that the ninja will last much longer and so far so good! Seems more powerful.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$82.00.

Lynda

LyndaMurray Region, NSW

Not as good as 700 watt version

I am disappointed with this blender. My old 700 watt was far easier to use. This one is harder to push down onto motor. Dont think I would recommend to others.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$99.00.

Used forDips & Condiments and Smoothies

Excellent blender.

I went from a cheap $20 blender to one of these. Bought it on sale $79. So far I haven’t had any issues. Does the job. No lumps. Great blender. Only downside is that it’s noisy but that’s to be expected from most of these high power blenders.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$79.00.

Dianne

Dianne

Amazing!!

Such a good blender. Used DAILY for icy smoothies for the last 3 years.

One time about a year ago it made a really funny noise when hubby turned it on. Turns out my husband left a spoon in there. The blender still worked WITH A SPOON IN THERE. It still works like new.

Definitely recommend!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
JeanC123

JeanC123Far North Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Great little gadget, gets through most food. It can get a bit clogged due to the small bowl.
Doesn't take up a lot of room.
I've tried the Magic Bullet, small and larger versions. I prefer the Nutri Ninja.
Does breadcrumbs, cream and smoothies well. Sometimes is gets clogged though.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Bris30

Bris30

Obsessed! Love it sooooo much!

I have had my nutri ninja for 4 years! I love it so much, I made smoothies in it, nice-cream, blend fresh curry pastes, homemade pasta sauces, make crepe batter and my absolute favourite is making cocktails in it! I bought it on sale at Woolies for $89 and it's been my most used kitchen appliance by a long shot.
The only golden rule is to never ever blend anything hot in it, not even warm. Everything must be cold or room temp.
I don't get all the comments about it being loud? It's a blender? this literally does not bother me one bit.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
buro72

buro72Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Okay but not that durable

Purchased fro the Good Guys. Blends smoothies easily albeit very noisily! Purchased about three months ago. Recently, dropped the screw in cover which incorporates the blade onto a timber floor. The plastic lid broke. Replacement is $54.95. The whole unit including motor and attachment cost me $99! Not a very durable product as it only fell a distance of one metre onto timber floor.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
George

GeorgeBrisbane

Great little machine

I use this machine several times a day and it has been going strong for many months. It blends anything with great force and i never had any problem with the unit itself. The seals on the cups however have started to deteriorate after lots of use, but these can be replaced easily.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Mike

MikeBallarat

88 dBA - too loud!!

I can't recommend this product. Well one can't start one up in a store now can they? Purchased through JB Hi-Fi. The unit is extremely loud. I recorded the sound level 1 m from the noise source and it measured 88 dBA, which is similar to a lawn mower. We now wear industrial ear-muffs each morning when making smoothies. So it's just the motor noise, not the contents being processed that creates the noise - hence I can't give it more stars. Good alarm clock for the kids!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Margaret T

Margaret TQueensland, 4570

Best product ever.

Without a doubt best product ever.
I use mine all of the time.
Even take it with me when we go away.
This is like gold to me and I would die if it broke down.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Leggit

Leggit

Great blender

I haven't been in the blender game long, but I can't fault it. Never had any issues in using it. Seems to be well built, easy to use and easy to clean and it doesn't take up a lot of space in the cupboard.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Snowy

Snowy

I use this daily & it is very good
The button that's goes for 40 or 60 seconds makes life so easy
Looks good - nutri bullet is ugly
Very reliable but very loud
One of the best things I have ever bought & great for your health - love it

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Jonnerson

JonnersonAU

It has been my daily blend since I bought it

I have always been skeptical towards these branded "quick and healthy" blenders. Finally when the price came down at The Good Guys I decided to buy one to try it for myself. My life has never been the same since.
I had a $20 cheap blender and it was a nightmare to clean. It blends up whatever I put in with ease due to its powerful motor, and as a person who goes to the gym regularly, this is perfect for my daily protein shake. The best thing is that the blender container itself is your bottle and you only needed to wash the blades. Would 10/10 recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2017