Nutri Ninja Pro BL450

• Product is used
  • Safety
jimbojames
jimbojamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Should be named UNprofessional - a marvel of life limited design

Bought the 'professional' as it high powered and appeared capable of coping with multiple daily demands (3 per day). It replaced a 4 year old Kmart Homemaker brand $15 unit and that was amazing, but we figured 6x the price would get us an incredible unit.

The blades are good but it emits a smoke smell from time to time, now leaks and is nearly impossible to engage as it requires a push down to blend. The sensor or switch that connects to the motor is faulty. Not a fan at all of this system - better to have an on/off toggle switch.

Funnily enough this all went pear shaped at around the end of the warranty period.

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $89.00.

melc
melc

Great performance but a nightmare to keep clean

Performance is good, makes great smoothies and is used at least once a day. Have only had the product a couple of weeks. Really disappointed with the design from a cleaning perspective. After a couple of uses we noticed a really disgusting smell and a search online led me to remove the rubber seal. It is not easy to get the rubber seal out but I assume it needs to come out after every use as when I removed it there was food residue on it which was causing the smell. It is hard to remove the rubber seal as it is in a fairly deep recessed area but seems like a design issue. On this basis I am only giving the product a 2 star rating, great performance but is let down by hard to keep clean.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bing Lee for $99.00.

Crown
CrownSydney, NSW

2nd unit broke just after 12 months - not designed to last

This is now the 2nd unit that has had the motor seize up on me just after 12 months. These appliances are not built to last and be prepared to throw out after 12 months.

Both units failed in the same way with engine seizing and smoke coming out of machine.

Also found this unit difficult to use as you have to stand and press it down and cant just leave to blend. Don’t recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 for $99.00.

Happy little vegemite
Happy little vegemite Hunter Region, NSW

4 stars because of noise otherwise perfect!!

Great machine to blend smoothies, juices etc.
However- it's VERY noisy!! Also, make sure you clean the blending blades and containers immediately as cleaning can get a bit difficult with the intricate threads.
Otherwise, its a great little blender-very powerful!

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys.

Doesn’t blend

We have a magic bullet which stopped working so we thought we would upgrade. Unfortunately this blender just doesn’t work. It’s very powerful and loud, but you constantly have to shake it to get it blending the whole contents which takes a long time. It seems to be something in the way the blades sit as it blends the lower half of anything you put in Very well but not the upper portion. I guess it might be ok for items with more liquid in but that’s not any good if you want to blend thicker. Just disappointing I’m afraid and we hope to be able to return.

Purchased in April 2020 at Catch for $100.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments and Smoothies

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
nicknamebecauseihav2
nicknamebecauseihav2melbourne

I hate it

it's very loud, like embarrassingly loud and my ears always ring afterwards.
despite blending for a fairly long time (I've used several other blenders in the past, most of them cheaper than this one so I know how long blending should take) it still ends up with lumps.
I even take the cup out, shake it, blend more, keep blending. no matter what I get lumps. I'm only blending banana and frozen banana with milk and protein powder and it can't do a good job.
It's a piece of junk, very large as well. Tried blending frozen mango pieces with milk just now, same result as above. it just doesn't blend well, I think it must be related to the very wide opening. other blenders I've used and seen don't have such a wide cup.

J-Man
J-ManSydney

Not so good.

Had to change my review of this product.
The design is terrible. The blades are great it does a good job however you can’t clean under the gasket where food and liquids get trapped. After a few days I was noticing a distinct very foul smell from the inside area. You can’t clean that in any way. You can’t remove the gasket either. I have contacted the company only for them to tell me there is no way of removing the gasket and I would need to buy a new extractor blade assembly. Poor design, lucky for me I was able to get a refund and have now purchased a much better blender with a better design.
Shame it had so much promise to begin with.

Purchased in June 2020 at Catch for $88.00.

MhYara
MhYaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Every day love

my sister first bought ninja and Then I bought it the same one So happy I use it every day love using it so easy to clean and looks the same after two years

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman for $100.00.

Russell Pata
Russell Pata

Simple is best.

Had used the narrow version for quite a while but wanted a bit more versatility.
This is the perfect upgrade. It is a simple plug n play item. No buttons, speeds or timers. Just load it up with your ingredients, lock it into place and push down. It is powerful and does a very thorough job of blitzing everything to tiny fragments.

Purchased in February 2020 at Catch for $74.00.

LynM
LynMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Rubbish!

Purchased in January 2020 at Big W for $129.00.

Mega Bees
Mega BeesHunter Region, NSW

Power Power power

I have been loyal to the nutribullet for many years, but after reading many reviews about it failing after a year, I also experienced this myself. I investigated this ninja and must say it is noticeably different. More power for sure and I have confidence it will last much longer.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon.

teag
teagNorth ryde

Better than the competitor

Ive purchased two of the Nutri bullets previously and they both burned out within 12 months. Ive read that the ninja will last much longer and so far so good! Seems more powerful.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $82.00.

Lynda
LyndaMurray Region, NSW

Not as good as 700 watt version

I am disappointed with this blender. My old 700 watt was far easier to use. This one is harder to push down onto motor. Dont think I would recommend to others.

Purchased in September 2019 for $99.00.

Excellent blender.

I went from a cheap $20 blender to one of these. Bought it on sale $79. So far I haven’t had any issues. Does the job. No lumps. Great blender. Only downside is that it’s noisy but that’s to be expected from most of these high power blenders.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $79.00.

Dianne
Dianne

Amazing!!

Such a good blender. Used DAILY for icy smoothies for the last 3 years.

One time about a year ago it made a really funny noise when hubby turned it on. Turns out my husband left a spoon in there. The blender still worked WITH A SPOON IN THERE. It still works like new.

Definitely recommend!!