Nutri Ninja with Auto-iQ BL480

Nutri Ninja with Auto-iQ BL480

MPNs: BL480 and BL480NZ

Blenders Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of blender would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (7)
    • Weekly (5)
  • Safety
Zearah McCracken

Zearah McCrackenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compact and easy to use

I love using my ninja for smoothies, pures, dips and dressings. Always blends foods exceptionally with no unpleasant chunks. Comes with a great amount of accessories to accommodate the amount of food you’re blending, and has handy take away cups!

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Juices, Smoothies and Soups
Holy Cannoli

Holy CannoliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Blades seized

That should be ZERO stars. One day (within 2 years of irregular use), we could start to smell a burnt rubber smell. A few days after that the blades seized and I couldn't even turn the blades by hand. I do not recommend this blender at all.

Purchased in October 2018.

Kylie FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great blender, very loud though

I had a nutri bullet years ago and the silicone ring kept falling out and breaking so was reluctant to buy this product.

I was gifted one for Christmas and it is fantastic. Sometimes have to stop and shake if i've filled it too much. Have to use it in the garage in the mornings as it's so loud but the smoothies are smooth and the power is great!

Purchased in December 2015.

Used for Cocktails and Smoothies

Happy Camper

Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Its very good, just very loud

This thing is really powerful, and is able to do as the claims say, including crushing ice. Use it mostly for milkshakes, and making soup/blending vegetables. The main issue is its loud, really loud, but thats ok for us. Would recommend buying in the kit that gives you a couple of containers.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer for $120.00.

Used for Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Smoothies and Soups

GayeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great but smells terrible when in use

The machine does a fantastic job, BUT, after about three months the smell, (that was minor when I first got it and I just thought it was because it was new), got worse., but I hardly used it over the next two years and today I used it for the first time for about 6 months and my husband (who is now retired so was home) came and turned it off because of the smell.
He said that it smelt electrical..
Unfortunately, we do not have a docket, and cant remember where we got it from so cant take it back.. Other than that it does a great job so it was hard to give it a score..
I think it must be three years old.. and sorry, but i do not have a proof of purchase..

Product is used Rarely
Used for Juices
Sabahn A.

Sabahn A.

Easy and quick blending

Excellent Machine. Everything gets blended perfectly. I use it for everything from smoothies, salad dressings, nut butters, yoghurt and soups. It has never slowed in 2 years since I bought it! Great value and quality!

Purchased in March 2018.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups
Gurkan O.

Gurkan O.

great product

previously had the ninja which was really good.. then purchase the Ninja - its a really powerful blender which gets plenty of use with making smoothies. easy to clean and the accessories are robust

Used for Smoothies
Mumm

MummPerth, WA

Works perfectly

Everything has been blended perfectly. I've used it for smoothies, cocktails and soups. It has never skipped a beat and I've owned it for 4 years.
Best appliance I've ever bought.

Purchased in May 2016 at BigW for $199.00.

Used for Cocktails, Juices, Smoothies and Soups
Nita R.

Nita R.North Queensland, QLD

Omg love this product

The nutri ninja has fantastic blending abilities. It's perfect for nutritious drinks of fresh fruit and veg. Very easy to man after, just wash under water.
I got extra cake mixing bowl and blades, absolutely fantastic! Use my nutri ninja everyday.
Also perfect to make fresh nutritious baby food.
It's a little bit loud.

Purchased in July 2017 at Show TV Shop for $65.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Ken

Ken

Does its job but becomes faulty over time

Had it since 2016 and works well for blending smoothies, drinks, making soups and juices. Loved using it at the start but it started leaking after using it for a while now. Liquids would now leak out of the blending cup when the machine turns on to blend. Also, it does not handle solids well at all, there has to be water or a liquid up to half the container in order to blend, otherwise the machine would be overworked and potentially break down.

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer.

Used for Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes (Made) a good smoothie but Extractor Blade Siezed!

Purchased in January 2018.

Used for Smoothies
noremac_22

noremac_22Perth, WA

Great blender but 2yrs later....

Was sceptical it would blend as smooth as it claimed to be but gotta say, it does blend really well. Disappointed though after barely 2yrs use the extractor blade component has seized! After just 2yrs!?! Wow! Everything is just not made to last anymore!

Purchased in May 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Marta

Marta

Great blender

Great blender, it has an enormous power,yes. But it doesn't have an obstacle because whatever you'll blend for one minute will become hot, yes. So if you're making a milkshake, smoothies etc. You'll also new and ice cube. Another thing about this 'power beast': it is way too loud!!!
Looking for powerful blender? This is the one you need

Purchased in January 2017 for $120.00.

Used for Cocktails, Juices, Smoothies and Soups
Janey

JaneySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect gadget for healthy drinks!

Bought this one a year ago as a christmas present for myself and don't want to miss it. Great for quick healthy shakes. It crushes nuts and ice and having the 3 portable containers means you can take your smoothy with you straight away. You can even make whipped cream with it. Easy to clean and it is not too big to be stored away when not in use.

Purchased in December 2018.

MMM

MMMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent blender

I have had the Nutri Ninja IQ for over 12 months and have found that it suits our needs perfectly.
Great for smoothies etc. Handles ice cream, ice, fruits and veggies well.

No need for wasted fruit with this blender.

Cleaning cups etc easy however, not so easy when there is any overflow near the cog.

My only criticism would be that it is VERY loud however, it does the job so quickly it's not a big deal.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $120.00.

Used for Juices, Smoothies and Soups

Sherly

Sherly

Does Work -very Hard To Click It In.second Bought As The First One Was Trouble

Not at all blending. This is the third one I bought as the previous two was not working.
Blends ok. I liked it initially that's why kept buying the same item. Bu

Purchased in May 2018 at tugerranong for $250.00.

Used for Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices and Smoothies
Alan

AlanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Product

This unit's blending function is superb. Works a treat with friut and vegetables, the only drawback is the noise level which can "raise the dead": great if you need the kids to get up and out of bed - just to complain.
Haven't used the "sip & seal lids" so cannot comment.

Purchased in March 2019 for $138.00.

Used for Juices, Smoothies and Soups
Sandy

SandyPittsburgh

Exactly what I needed

I am very satisfied w/this blender. I can put raw vegetables/fruit and get a great consistency. I use it 2/3xs a day. I'm no longer losing all of the "good stuff" when I juice. Instead I just put it in the blender or save all the pulp from my juicer and use it for my smoothies. I give it a 4* just because it's loud (I know I disturb my neighbours in the morning)..You won't be disappointed when you bring this home

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Elly C

Elly CAU

Very good product

This product is good. our family love it so far. my husband uses for protein shakes and my kids use it for smoothies. easy to clean. but can be a bit noisy. comes with cups to bring out too.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Laura

LauraBerkeley vale

Perfect

Love it!! Blends everything perfectly! Doesn’t take that long and is easy to use. Can be noisey but that’s pretty normal for blenders. Easy and quick to clean. Haven’t had any dramas with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Davidasked

I have a Nutri Ninja Pro BL480D. It is plugged in but does not come on. Several times I could plug it in to the outlet and then plug it in again and it would work. Now, it does come on at all. What can I do to get it to work?

Hi David,

Have you pushed down and turned? When the base is securely plugged in then the LED screen will illuminate with 00

David

I have tried this and it still doesn't work. I wonder if there is a short in the motor. Thank You for getting back to me. David

oswaldo novaes

oswaldo novaesasked

ninja auto IQ 1000W - nutri ninja - pro BL482 70. The motor is fine but the blade assembly leaks into the motor base. I have bought new blades twice on Amazon and they also leaked. What can be done?
NOTE: I replaced the original blade assembly, which worked fine until it was not rotating freely any longer.

Gaye

oswaldo, yes, I had it leak sometimes, but found that if i put it on carefully and did it up tight that it was fine...

Cgm

Cgmasked

My Ninja Auto-iQ is showing 2 dashes on the LED display instead of a zero and the blades do not turn. Any advice would be much appreciated

Benjamin R.
Benjamin R.

The dashes seem to remain as part of a safety feature if the pressure mechanism isn't properly engaged. With the first model I had, the pressure sensors became increasingly faulty over time to the point that if it showed dashes, I had to apply pressure to and hold down the cup at just the right angle for it to blend. If that didn't work I would take the cup & blade assembly out of the base, rotate the plastic teeth and insert them into the next groove & try again. In the end it became too difficult to use so I returned and replaced it under warranty. Good thing I paid for the extended warranty because the replacement unit is beginning to act up in the same way.. Return the unit if you can

Get an answer from our members and Nutri Ninja representatives