Odyssey Financial

See the Best Financial Planning in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BAD advice - do not trust!

I was told investment would increase in value. Rubbish. Was sold at $530k would be lucky to get $400k if I sold it today. Rent was supposed to be $450 per week, has been falling and now at $350. Worst investment EVER! So angry. If anyone reads this please PLEASE AVOID using them. They are crooks.

Unreliable advice

I was referred to [name removed] by my mortgage broker, where I purchased a one bedroom apartment off the plan in Footscray. I was given an investment plan showing how my investment would pay itself after 7 years, but so far my investment property has not increased in price and the rent has not gone up ever since I bought the property in 2013.

On top of that, I was given an authority loan document to sign, and I was assured that I would lock into a fixed loan for 2 years only. However, the agency, assuming they get more commission from the banks, locked me in for 5 years instead at an interest rate of 5.5% over the past few years, which is ridiculous.

I would warn anyone considering investing with this company to stay away as they are not doing it in their clients best interest. Worst investment ever for me.

Top Service and attention to details

I have used Odyssey Financial for my loans and refinancing for the last 15+ years. Each and every time the service have been exceptional and first class.
I have recommended Nic Don to my friends and they have also have had excellent service.
They are a premium mortgage broker for me.

Not the best

What can i say very good morgage brokers. But at the end of the day purchased an appartment 8 years ago and would be lucky to get back what i payed for it

Nick sold me an investement property off the plan 9 years ago promised the world. Be lucky to get back what i played for it. Don't be fooled by this man his more interested in making money for him self getting commissions off developers rather then protecting your own interests. They sell overpriced shonky apartements in crap locations ripping off mum and dad investors. perfect examples are erantis apartements essendon north and high street Preston. If you were smart why would u buy in these areas when u could purchase for same price within 5 kms from city or even buy a house with land. Perfect examples look at purchase prices on realestate.com and look at today's values originally sold from this firm.. Make your own mind before this company makes any financial decisions for you.

Do Not Trust

We were looking for a Financial Planner, and were conned into buying an Apartment off the plan. We were told rent would attract 560 per week, but we are not even close. Plus, the value of the Apartment is significantly lower than the price we paid. DO NOT TRUST this company. Only out to swindle you and make money for themselves rather than offering "financial advice".

Not trust worthy

I was promised a $500 refund for completing statement of advice but never eventuates. They didn't bother explain to me the ongoing costs of super (eg commission), only found out thru statement. Very short sighted and greedy!!!

Paul and team are amazing

Paul has been our mortgage broker for about 4 years and has managed to secure us 3 home loans in that time. He has gone above and beyond for us each time, saving us money on fees and getting us a competitive product. We have recommended friends and family to Paul and they have given us similar feedback. He even managed to beat down our current lenders interest rate, which gives him no additional personal benefits but obviously makes a difference to us. Any issues or questions we simply call Paul or Linda and they sort it out.

Garbage.

I bought a property off this fern 6 years ago for 429 thousand it is now valued at 350. I was promised at the meeting this property will increase in value every year. I also was promised 430 dollars a week rent its only getting 330. As a novice property investor I am now struggling to continue buying as this property has set me back. And now been pushed out of the housing market. Never again.

Very Very bad loan broker in Victoria

We got very bad experience with this loan broker...We just have to be very careful and hopefully never happen to other clients. We signed up and got a home loan contract with one of loan the lender through this broker/Odyssey Financial.
After we signed up the home loan contract and did the settlement through this broker, suddenly, this broker sent an invoice to us in order to pay commission to this loan broker and we have to pay more money. We thought it was illegal and it was not right. We rang this broker to ask what's happening but they just don't care and they didn't want to explain to us. After one year later, we want to exit and change with other lender, but there was an exit fees or penalty fees for 2% from total home loan if we change to another lenders. We didn't realize that there was an high exit fees and we just been trap with home loan lender, because this broker/Odyssey Financial didn't explain to us and they just want to get client as much as they want and the didn't care much to clients/customers. We felt very upset and disappointed with this broker, but it was already too late. How an idiot we are. So, at the end, we have to pay an exit fees and we didn't want to deal anymore with this broker ever in life and we are not recommended to other people, too. Just be careful and read properly in the loan contract before signed it through this broker

Poor customer service, doesn't care with client/customer and giving wrong information