See the Best Moisturisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nicole

NicoleSydney, NSW

A bit greasy, reasonable price.

I was looking for a moisturising cream to use all day. This product seemed perfect for me, because usually I prefer to have few products, i.e. instead of having two creams (day and night), I could use only one. I have been using it for less than a month, so it's a bit too early to say if it works for my skin or not.
However, I can tell that my skin feels less dry since I began using this product.
Cons: I don't particularly like the texture of Olay Moisturising Cream, because I find it a bit too greasy and heavy, so I don't think I could use it as a base for my make up routine.
Pros: The scent is pleasant and extremely light.
Probably I will use this product this time, but I would not buy it again.

melaleeSydney, NSW

Used to be the best - now changed

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $12.99.

Smell
Skin TypeSensitive Skin
Moot

MootSydney, NSW

The best ever

I have been using this product for at least 30 years. Since I married, and my wife tried it, she couldn't go without it. She has incredibly sensitive skin, but this Olay cream has never caused her any problems. The Doc had previously recommended other creams, but all caused her skin to flare up.
Between the two of us, we use a jar every 6 weeks or so, and at $11 a pot, that is pretty cheap. I use it after I shave, soothes the skin.

Bad Reaction

I had the same thing! Burning skin, red and puffy face (especially on my cheeks and eyes)! It was awful! I had been using this for years and never had a problem. I went online and saw these reviews!

Bebob56

Bebob56Fredericton, nb

Oil of Olay Active Hydrating Lotion - Original Formula

I am very disappointed in the change made to the formula of this product over the last year. It no longer has a nice fragrance, does not absorb well and leaves a waxy coating on my skin. I have been using this product since I was 18 which is over 35 years. My daughter will also no longer use it as she does not like the new formula. We called their customer service who advised the formula has not changed. When you use a product that long you can tell the difference. Very disappointed and will now have to try to find a new simple moisturizer.

No longer sensitive

The sunscreen causes irritation. I was really happy with the old formula. This feels greasy and uncomfortable. Doesn't make a good surface for foundation. May have to look elsewhere. Very disappointed.

Totally Agree

This has been a great product but to my horror the latest bottle that I opened took me back to the time of babies nappies - the new smell is disgusting and the bottle is in the bin. I don't know what to do given there was no warning of the odour problem on the packaging so I won't know if it is going to be fixed in the future.

Moisturiser for sensitive skin

I hate the new type which has sunscreen add to it. It is too perfumed, greasy & itches my skin. I was very happy before & have used this product for 20+ years.

Jaz

JazAdelaide

Why change a great product?

I can’t seem to buy the old moisturiser anywhere. They’ve changed the formula. My mum, my grandma and my great grandmother used this product for years! They had the most beautiful, wrinkle free faces. I loved it but it’s no longer the same. Very disappointed. In saying that I do love the 7 effects and the night regenerist. Maybe it was a ploy to make you buy the more expensive products.

pamut

pamutMelbourne

Old is the best

The new moisturizers lotion with sunscreen is more perfumed and makes my skin itch . I have been using the sensitive moisturiser for years in the white and black box fantastic but I cannot use the new one please do not get rid of the old formula it was great. Thanking you pam

gcc

gcc

Changed packaging, changed product and it smells horrible

I have been using Olay moisturising cream for over 15 years now and have been very happy with it. But last purchase I noticed the packaging had changed and I seriously hoped the product hadn't. But when I opened it it smelled very different and not particularly nice. The smell was one of the delightful elements of this product so it is a foolish thing to change. There was no indication of a formula change on the new packaging, again disappointing. I will no longer will be buying it as the formula has clearly changed and I could not sleep at night with this new very strong pungent smell.

Janga

JangaAU

Changed ingredients

I’ve used Olay for 30 yrs. now aged 62 I have really good skin thanks I believe to Olay products. I bought Regenerist thermal mini peel & moisturiser regenerist micro sculpting cream. My skin broke out in red spots. So I stopped using it. About 6mths later I tried again (it’s not cheap$) but same thing red spots. Iwas told its new formula WHY WOULD OLAY FIX A PRODUCT THAT WASNT BROKEN

Lyn

Lyn

Never used it again

Expected better

My skin is combination and therefore I need a moisturiser that not only soothes my dry and sensitive skin but also doesn’t clog oily acne prone pores. I have previously used a moisturisers by oily but decided I was going to try the sensitive skin moisturising lotion and was highly disappointed. There is no ingredients list and I found the lotion very thin. Also my skin had been clear for multiple months before I bought this moisturisers and since getting it im suffering from painful breakouts on my t zone, this is the only new product I bought at the time and it’s been weeks of breakouts since using the moisturiser.

Tina_Manser

Tina_ManserAU

My favourite moisturiser

I have bought this for years and love it I have tried other more expensive brands but always go back to my favourite
Great value for money easily absorbed by the skin and good for all skin types
Forget paying too much money for other brands give this a try

Kalirose

KaliroseGrand Forks

Great lotion

I've been using oil of olay original lotion for many many years,I'm 53& I have great looking skin,its soft and smooth,and I use it morning and night in pink bottle.

July 10th 2018 Update: Love it

I love oil of olay original facial lotion,I've been using it for many years,it moisturises my skin&keeps it soft smooth&a nice glow &has a nice fresh clean scent &I'm 50+

Disappointed

For as long as I can remember, we have always had Olay in the house. My mum used it, I used it my entire adolescence to now. Sadly, the product has changed dramatically recently I've noticed with my recent purchase - the product smells different, feels more watery and when applied near eyes makes them water, face feels tingly and red. No ingredients list anymore.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Olay Moisturizing Cream - Sensitive Skin. Very happy with it.

I have been using this moisturising cream for sensitive skin for two weeks and I am very happy with it. I use it morning and night, just enough to cover a 20 cent piece. It covers my skin well and seems to seep in nicely. I have very dry skin and it seems to have improved greatly since I began using it. Give it a try.

Cvdh

CvdhAU

I have used this for years

I have used this moisturiser for years. It is a thick cream, cheap and effective. The main point with moisturiser is consistency with regular use and because the price point is right with this one, I used it all the time. I like the one in the tub for sensitive skin the best.

Daisy G

Daisy G

They won't tell me what is in it - especially the preservative

This product used to list all ingredients. It no longer does. Not only has the formulation changed, but so has the disclosure. I was concerned that the preservative might be parabens, and contacted Olay to ask them what the full contents were. They treated it as a state secret and refused to tell me, and stopped replying to emails. I can only conclude they are hiding information they prefer not to disclose. I assume the preservative must be parabens. This secrecy is not good enough for a product you put on your face everyday. I have advised my daughters and female friends not to continue using it.