Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Brand Manager for Neutrogena? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Suitable for sensitive skin

• Fragrance-free

• Intensely moisturising

Cons

• Can be sticky and greasy

Lean Smith
Lean SmithGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product

One of the only hand creams that work for my hands. My hands are usually rough and dry prone to crack, I have used this product and it definitely improved a lot. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Purchased in August 2012.

Renee
ReneePerth, WA

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I had terribly cracked and dry sore flakey hands and after just one week of using this hand cream just once in the morning and once at night time it has made such an incredible difference! I prefer to use just twice a day as it is quite thick and you really need to rub it in thoroughly plus I am not that fond of the smell but it is so worth it for the results! It really is an extensive hand repair cream for very dry hands.

Purchased in January 2020 at Priceline for $8.00.

Harrison
HarrisonSydney, NSW

Fantastic

I have used this product for a long time, and I am very impressed with the way that it works. Being fragrance free, it will not irritate dry, fissured and cracked hands. This is a thick ointment, that hydrates and protects the hands and leaves a powder-dry touch finish- so you can continue on with your daily activities.
TIP: I recommend applying it onto DAMP hands- this way, it can work by sealing in the water into the skin and ensuring it stays hydrated.

Purchased in January 2020 at Priceline for $7.49.

Moisturisers

Find out how Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream compares to other Moisturisers

Melissa
MelissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great all rounder

Love this cream for everything else besides hands! I find it abit greasy and thick to use during the day on hands however love it on chapped lips and dry patches of skin and eczema. I’ve never had dry hands but if I did I’m sure this cream would repair!

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $5.00.

dazza
dazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aweful

Of all the hand creams I have tried over the years this one has to be the worse. I don’t have an issue with silcone based products which gives this product its concentrated consistency BUT the downside is it didn’t hydrate my hands at all but rather coated them in what felt like a protective barrier. It didn’t help with my dry cuticles either which made them feel drier in the morning. By far the best hand creams I’ve tried is Aveda and Kiehl’s.

Three questions to ask to find the best moisturiser for you

Avleen M.
Avleen M.6 July 2020
three-questions-to-ask-to-find-the-best-moisturiser-for-you
Jess B
Jess BNew South Wales, 2560

Love this, been using it for years!

I started using this hand cream about ten years ago after a friend recommended it. I love it! It can be a bit greasy but I think it works best when applied at night so it has time to do it's magic!

Laura1967
Laura1967Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best hand cream that actually works

No other hand cream works for me apart from this one. It absorbs so well and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. It works very quickly for very dry hands. It does wonders for the cuticles as well.

Sophia C
Sophia CSydney

Soooo good!

It cured my hand eczema after a couple of days application. After giving birth 16 months ago, my hands became very very chapped and so many open sores from all the bottle washing etc etc. I used steroid cream constantly and it would get better for a couple of weeks and come back but with this cream my hands are back to pre baby! Honestly can’t recommend it enough!

Natalie E
Natalie ESydney

love this

my hands are never dry anymore, used to get bad cracks and my hands were like sandpaper but this makes it A LOT better. Thankyou for creating such a great cream

Shadi
ShadiSydney

Best cream ever!!!!

Omgggg this cream is miracle... it changes back my hand skin to my childhood after 2 times use...
After giving birth my hand became so dry and this cream made the miracle very quick...

citychick176
citychick176Sydney

Best ever hand cream

Recommended to me by a dermatologist after the skin on my palms and fingers began cracking and splitting from using soap, detergent and other hand creams. This is the only one I use now. I keep a full sized one at home and a travel mini size in my handbag so I'm never without it! It's really moisturing and dries quickly without that sticky feeling.

Gillian S
Gillian SPerth

No more dry hands

This lotion works wonder. I have tried so many brands and I would say this is the best. Whenever my hands start to feel dry especially in the morning and during winter I would apply this on my hands and voila my hands are smooth again. I prefer the fragrance free and this is one of the things i always have in my handbag.

Jillybean
JillybeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product

Being a nurse my hands and nails are dry from washing & alcohol gels. Neutrogena cream is fabulous - economical and works much better than other hand creams I have tried. On the negative side, it is a bit sticky to apply but is worth overlooking this for the results you get. Definitely will keep buying this one.

Holly
HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The only cream that gets rid of my peeling skin.

For years I've had peeling skin just under my nails. I've tried countless creams trying to get rid of it. One application of this cream and they were already half gone. So pleased.

Other Moisturisers

Smells distinctly of foot odor/toe jam

As for the soft, smooth hands they claim you'll have, they're right. Unfortunately this hand cream absolutely wreaks of feet! I cannot get over spending £4.20 to make my hands smell of stinky feet.

Read more reviews - page 2

Elva
Elvaasked

Is the hand cream suitable for the face?

brianasked

Howdy - I bought some netragenia cream and used it and can't find it / when or if I find it has it got a use by date printed somewhere on the tube?

Michelle P
Michelle P

Hi Brian. The tube has a date of manufacture on the crimp, but no expiry date. I don't think it actually "goes off" but I remember reading somewhere on a product review page that it has a shelf-life of 3 years from manufacture. I think any kind of product like this that has no expiry date, is usually good for at least one year.

Howdy - ok thanks - cheers

Dee
Dee

Hi Brian, I agree with Michelle. Also, hand creams of this size don't usually have a use by date as they are used fairly quickly anyway. Dee

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream delivers effective relief for dry, chapped hands. It is so concentrated that only a small amount instantly leaves even dry, cracked hands noticeably softer and smoother after just one application. Used daily, it moisturises dry, chapped skin. Used overnight, it heals dry skin.

Features

• Relieves dry, rough skin
  • 24 hours of moisturisation
  • Glycerin-rich
  • Fragrance-free
  • Over 200 applications in 56g

What reviewers thought

This product is economical as a little goes a long way and relieves symptoms of dry hands. It is suitable for those with sensitive skin and eczema and is fragrance-free. It can be slightly greasy or sticky upon application.

CategoryMoisturisers