Olay Regenerist

Eye irritant

Every time I apply this cream no matter how far I stay away from my eyes they become watery and very sore to the point that after three days I have had to stop using it as my eyes hurt so much

Purchased in February 2021 for $30.00.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Rash on neck, hives on face.

I used the cream and reacted with a rash and hives. After paying $24.00, I thought I should try it again, just in case. Immediately I rushed up. Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in February 2021 at Drugscreen for $24.00.

Maddie C

Maddie CSydney, NSW

Rash on Neck - Face is fine

Been using the night cream and the fragrance free Olay Regenerist creams. The night one so far is fine, my face hasn't had any reactions. I've been putting the fragrance free on my neck at night, and the following day my neck itches and flares up all day. Wouldn't recommend putting on your neck. (I'm 25 y/o)

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $25.00.

Skin TypeOily Skin

Facial rash

Noticed rash on forehead after my second night use.
Had to use ceravue soap and Hydrocortisone 2.5% for a week before it resolved.
Reintroduced the Regenerist product one more time and the rash came right back.
Will not use any more- I am done.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco.

Oily of Olay Retinol 24 Max

Been using for over a week now. Started noticing a few days ago that my skin was looking a little dry but didn’t think too much about it. Woke up this morning with these red, itchy hives and rash. It’s even spread to my chest. Highly disappointed. It’s going straight in the trash.

Purchased in January 2021.

Very sore red face

Purchase from my local Sainsbury’s . Thought it be a bargain as it was half price . Within 24 hrs my face was burnt , red sore patches , having just recently had a skin cancer removed from my face I am extremely worried . It looks dreadful and certainly feels very sore.

Bad Skin Reaction

Decide to purchase this product to help with winter dryness and after one use my face started blushing, and burning. Thinking perhaps I needed extra moisturizer I used even more the next day. My face was cover on red, burning patches and by night time my face felt scaly and rough. It made serious damage to my skin. Do not recommend!

Purchased in November 2020 for $25.00.

Skin TypeCombination Skin

OMG the Itching and swelling!!!

Bought for £33, couldn’t wait to try it as it was voted number 2 best anti wrinkle cream by the good housekeeping institute. The first time I used it fine no problem at all, second time I used it (not long before bed) i woke up with a swollen and very itchy face and neck. I’ve never had a reaction to anything before, my skins always been good as gold. Won’t be trying it again this is going in the bin! Thoroughly disappointed and annoyed. I’m 35 and have never spent that much on a face cream before, I feel robbed!!

Purchased in January 2021.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Started great, sudden burning rash.

I started using the moisturiser, serum and eye cream. I was loving it and had used regularly for a month. After showering i used as usual, but my skin flared up and was burning and itchy. How could i use it 20 times and now all of a sudden i have a reaction? Frustrated and sore.

Purchased in December 2020 at eBay for $48.00.

Cam

CamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Allergy to Olay Microscultping Serum

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $20.00.

horrible rash

my face was covered in a rash and swollen ,It felt like tiny razor cuts everywhere ,It took a week for go away Very mad at myself for falling for the hype and wasting my money.

Purchased in January 2021 for $45.00.

Causes IrritationNo
Skin TypeNormal Skin

Broke out in res splotchy raises bump rash

After using this product my face broke out in a red splotchy raised bump rash. I do not have sensitive skin. I’m sure not everyone breaks out in a rash, just my skin in this product don’t seem to get along.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco for $38.00.

Skin TypeDry Skin

My skin is red, itchy, and very hot to the touch

Was so looking forward to this cream! Very disappointed. Bought on monday 18th, applied tht evening, itching and redness started within several hours. Last night reapplied, to doublecheck, same results

Purchased in January 2021 for $34.99.

Bad reaction

I’m not going to bad mouth Olay because Olay has been around for years. But I’ll share my experience. I’m in my mid 50’s and have wrinkles under my eyes and neck. So I read on the top ten products and well Olay night cream was one. I went to Costco, purchased my Olay cream and came home ready to use it. First day made my face and neck feel smooth and look amazing. Second time I used it, I had burning on my check bones and got a very bad reaction to my neck. I’m sad that this product didn’t work on me. I was hoping to save money but will be going back to using Lancôme.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco for $45.00.

Burning oh the burning

This product caused my skin irritation and burning. I will not use it again. I’ve used retinol products before with success but there is something in this that is a severe skin irritant.

Purchased in January 2021 for $40.00.

Sssss

Sssss

This is the best!!!

I have been using this cream for many years and have never had any issues. It does exactly as it says on the tin. The cream is a great primer under makeup or on its own to really boost the skin. It provides sun protection and brightens the face. I could not be without this cream!

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $45.00.

Causes IrritationNo
Michelle V.

Michelle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Skin rash

My daughter got a rash all over her face after using this product and swelling
Was given as a Xmas gift with other Olay products so not sure price or where my mother purchased it.

Purchased in December 2020.

Caused a painful rash

Used for first time & woke up with my face stinging , red blotches and inflammation all over my face. Had to make a dermatologist appointment to get help! I’m returning this as it was $30 and dangerous for the skin!

Purchased in December 2020 for $30.00.

Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Allergic reaction

I got this as a gift. I was excited to try it because I love skincare. First night I thought it was nice, it smelled good and made my skin feel nice and look glowy. I used it again the next night and woke up with a red, itchy, bumpy rash on my face spreading down to my neck. I immediately discontinued use and washed it off my face. I guess it was too late because I woke up this morning and the rash had spread even more, and it hurts. Been using aloe vera, cortisone cream and Benadryl to try and clear it up. I will be taking it back to get a refund because there's no point in keeping it if I can't use it.

Purchased in December 2020 at Costco.

Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Horrible reaction to Retinol in this product

I used the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Cream two times. The first time it went on silky smooth, and I thought I liked it. The next night, I used it again. The next morning my face was splotched red, flaking, itchy, and swollen. I discontinued, and went to the Dr. She took one look at me and said, "you look ill". She put me on CeraVe with Hydrocortisone. After using the CeraVe for about a week, I was back to normal. I had bought the accompanying Olay products of Eye cream, and Night Serum. Never even used the latter 2 products.

Cas

Casasked

Regenerist

After using oil of Olay products for years I developed a rash which left me burning and red and flaky on my face. I bought this product at Target. It has been months of not knowing which product did this to me but at least today I know one of the problems is the daytime formula. After I heal I am going to see if it is also the newer purple jar also. I thought it was a food allergy or soap allergy and even went to a dermatologist. Is there something in the formulae that you changed? Cas

Lorie M.

Lorie M.asked

Regenerist

I had a terrible red rash on my cheeks on this product I used the 7 in 1 night lifting cream I broke out into a bright red rash I was very surprised and disappointed in the results of this cream. It was supposed to be for lessening wrinkles it made gave me a allergic reaction!!!!!!!!!

DALE WRIGHT

DALE WRIGHTasked

Regenerist

where on the packaging does olay display the use by dates and what is the shelf life of your products

Rachel
Rachel

Having just purchased it I didn’t think to check before using. But after looking now I can’t actually find a use by date on either the box or the product, which is very strange!!

Get an answer from our members and Olay representatives

Compare all 24 Olay Regenerist