MPN: OT120B

Similar experience

I was just reading a review by someone else who purchased the Omega Altise whose device also recently stopped working. I had a similar experience. I woke up tonight and using the remote, turned on the fan which had been working fine the day before and it literally started screeching. I had been very satisfied with the performance, and would have expected the fan to last longer than a year! It was only used last summer and then again in the last month.

Omega Altise fan (steel)

Hi

I have purchase Omega Altise fan (steel tower) almost 1 year ago and used couple of months in summer. Yesterday fan coil started making noise and stopped working all together. I have purchased through bing lee in Sydney but may have lost the receipt. I have a bank transaction to prove my purchase.

Is this covered under warranty. I have hardly used it. Can anyone suggest.

Thank you.

Regards,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Good afternoon, This product carries a two year warranty so please return it to your place of purchase for an exchange. If we can assist further please contact our customer care desk on 1300 739 033 .The team at Altise.Thank you. I have found copy of my bank statement shows purchase date as Jan 2018, will bring back today to Bing Lee.Thanks for letting us know ,if we can assist further please feel free to contact us. The team at Altise.

Excellent fan at good price

This fan is effective and very quiet on the low setting, which is more than sufficient even on a hot day. It has a timer so the fan can be set to turn off automatically eg at 4am when the temperature drops on a hot night. If you use the timer, the control lights go out, so there is no distraction from bright digital controls when the room is dark.. The fan can be set to oscillation for cooling of a larger space. I would highly recommend this tower fan.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there Kaz07, Great to here that the OT120 is meeting all of your requirements your feedback will be passed on to our marketing team. Thanks and kind regards the team at Altise.

Has some design flaws but does the job

Really quiet fan and a cheaper alternative to the Kambrook Arctic Air tower fans. The Omega also has a 2 year warranty.

Annoyingly on night mode it has the function of switching off intermittently to blowing fairly hard ; not a light change between speeds and thus is a bit noisy on this mode. The LED panel switches off in nightmode which is nice.

On regular mode it is a nice quiet breeze that can be felt from 4-5 meters away easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Good morning Rachel Macfarq, Thanks for the feedback we will pass it on to our marketing department. The team at Altise.

This is perfect & stylish

This is the perfect fan that fits the budget to make your house still look modern and not out of date with a chunky fan. Super quiet can’t even hear it while sleeping and I’m a light sleeper! I bought one and went back the next day to buy one for the lounge room! Even use the aircon less!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Nunu Great to hear that you are extremely happy with your purchase , if ever we can assist you please feel free to contact us. Thanks the team at Altise.

Great fan, but sleep mode is flawed

The fan provides great cooling ability. However, I have the following issues:
1. When in sleep mode, at the conclusion of the sleep period, it makes a loud beeping sound and then the display comes back on. It wakes me up and I have to get up and turn it off at the PowerPoint to get rid of the display.
2. It randomly turns itself off, it also makes a loud beeping sound when it does this too. This is when it’s in normal manual mode, not sleep.
3. No option to turn off the temperature display.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi, Great to hear that the fan is providing all of your requirements if ever you require assistance please feel free to contact us. The team at Altise.I don’t think you read the review properly!!! It’s definitely not meeting my requirements!Good morning Please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 so that we can discuss the problems that you are having with your fan. We will be able be able to resolve any issues you have. Thank you.

Does the job, but has a very bright display

Does the job a fan is supposed to do, all whilst taking up very little floor realestate. My only gripe is the annoyingly bright blue display that is always on when it is running, it lights up the entire room at night, and because it comes from the screen, you can't block it out with tape because its too large and displays all the information about fan speed, e.t.c...

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Cunny, If you have model OT120 this model should have a sleep mode where the lights turn off and the fan produces a soft breeze, please refer to your instruction manual , if you require further assistance please call our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will assist you. Kind regards the team from Altise.

Cool & quite ..

It gives very good airflow and it is very quite making it a perfect choice for bedroom.
Being tower options helps in space saving too.

It has some of the cool features of swing and Ocilator control mode gives feel of real world.

Remote control is an added advantage with good distance range to cover.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Kumar , Glad that your fan is working well for you. Your feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. The team at Altise.

Awesome and well priced.

With a sweltering summer on us we already had 2 tower fans (one Kambrook Arctic 90cm and one Dimplex 70cm), however we found that the 70cm one was not adequately cooling our bedroom of a night as the fan outlet was level with the mattress.

After much research, reading and reviews, headed out to Good Guys Marsden Park (the less said about that pathetic shopping experience the better), as they were the only ones nearby with stock.

Had a look at a few other brands, but the reviews elsewhere for this fan were quite decent.

Bit the bullet and bought one.

Simple and easy to setup. Plastic stand is good, however I'm a little concerned how tight the power cable fits into the cable management slot in the base.

That aside, unit turned on and sprung to life. Airflow is strong and the outlet covers a decent area from about 30cm to 110cm, meaning you get consistent and constant airflow.

As a result of how tall the outlet is, noise is at a minimum (literally whisper quiet of a night).

The LED is not at all distracting and not bright, even if the display is on. Unless your face is literally right up against it that is.

Sure it might seem cheaply made, but compare it with every other manufacturer and brand, and they are all the same sort of thing across the board. Sure it could be made of aluminium, with stainless buttons and a premium remote, but then it'd cost 4 times as much!

Anyway a decent warranty period, a decent price, and decent airflow at a quiet volume make this one a no brainer.

Only downside if you might have to buy it at Good Guys, which if your shopping experience is like mine, it's still worth perservering to get this fan!

*Note: Shopping experience was 4 staff completely ignoring me, then finally one bloke asked if I was okay before bumbling about as he had to get stock from the upper storage area, only to leave me waiting for 20 minutes and finally come back complaining his warehouse guy was using the lift they needed and was angry and scared him. Finally he got it, then said he couldn't do a better price as "it was just on sale for Boxing Dale Sale" despite the sale ending on new years eve. As a consumer it left me shaking my head. I'll buy and recommend Omega appliances based on this, but will think twice before visiting GG Marsden Park. If I could have walked out and bought elsewhere I would have.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Good morning Mitch, Glad to hear that your purchase is working to your satisfaction, your feedback will be passed on to our marketing department. If you ever need assistance with your fan please contact our customer care team on 1300 739 033

Dangerous

After 2 days of use it made a very loud pop sound and ceased to turn on. I will no longer allow any products from this brand in my house. Appart from the electrical failure it looked and felt kind of cheap and the LCD was too bright for bedroom use and would only turn off if in sleep mode.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Good afternoon Leigh, As your product is only two days old it is still covered by your manufacturers two year warranty, so please return it along with your receipt to your place of purchase and they will issue replacement for you. If you require further assistance please feel free to contact us on 1300 739 033.

Quiet, cold and powerful and decent price

I bought this fan along with another a smaller sunbeam tower fan which is hopeless. This Omega one is a fair price for this type of fan. Its strong and air can be felt a long distance, I like to feel a breeze so this is good. It has rather bright lights but consider this minor when the fan works well and its quiet during even highest setting.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi there, Thank you very much for your review and glad to hear you are enjoying the Omega Altise OT120 Please don't hesitate to let us know if you needed any other info or tips. The team at Altise.

One of the best products I have ever bought

After reviewing the displayed tower fans at The Good Guys we settled on the Omega Altise 120cm Tower Fan. We needed something in our bedroom as we are unable to put in a ceiling fan for air circulation. It had all the features we needed especially the sleep mode. My Husband is an extremely light sleeper and has had no issues with the noise of the fan disturbing his sleep. I even had to ask to ask whether it was an actual air-conditioner as the air seemed to be colder in circulation. The remote is very handy and the display goes off when in sleep mode which you have control over how many hours you wish the fan to go for. We are very happy with this product overall

Good afternoon, Your valuable and positive feed back will be passed on to our Marketing team. Thank you.