Omron MC720

Omron MC720

See the Best Baby Thermometers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Omron? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2

Battery Eater

This is a great thermometer, however it does chew through the battery, have now replaced this unit with its 3rd battery in just 3 weeks, does become an issue when you need to use it and battery is flat. Very disappointed and after being passed off by Omron have decided to purchase Braun instead.

Purchased in August 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $79.00.

Mark P
Mark PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Garbage.

From Day 1 this thing has been absolutely useless. Every single time we've had to use it, all emergencies, it has failed us 100%.

There is 2 buttons, On/Memory & Start, you should simply push On then Start BUT NOOO! You have to read the instructions each & every time and takes about 20 minutes to actually get an actual reading, each & every time, it is also very inaccurate. Don't allow Chemist Warehouse to charge you $64+ to take their garbage away!

Purchased in March 2020 for $64.00.

D P.
D P.Sydney, NSW

Worst thermometer ever

Do not buy, waste of money.
Worst ive seen to date. Battery runs out so quick. it wont work most of the times. Thermometer is important when baby is suck this was nothing but disappointment. Total waste.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $110.00.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Unreliable, reads 'Lo'

I bought it for work as a nurse. Reads 'Lo' at least 80% of the time despite new battery or if it worked for last person by some miracle! No good.

T M.
T M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible product

Surprised because it’s an Omron. Worst product I’ve ever bought. Readings change between 38.9c to 36.7c if you try it 3 times on the same person. Totally unreliable and battery is wasted coz display is always on.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $70.00.

David C.
David C.Queensland

Wow, I got ripped off 100%

When my wife and I purchased this POC (piece of crap) our young son was sick so we didn’t think about the money it cost us, which was about $85.

Now we try to use it and it keeps showing Lo which means it’s not hot enough surface to read lol what a joke and waste of money.

When it does give a reading, we did another check and you guessed it, the reading was different.

*** DO NOT BUY *** this pathetic useless POC.

So angry we can’t get our money back.

Purchased in April 2019 for $85.00.

Poor usability, unreliable readings

The unit has poor usability, making it frustrating to use. The battery runs down too quickly and is not quick and easy to swap out. It's also not standard, so cannot use a re-chargeable battery. The readings are inconsistent. Overall, cannot trust the unit to work when needed or to give acceurate readings.

Purchased in August 2018 for $79.00.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Honest review
Honest reviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of crap rip off

The batter lasts only 2 days. This will cost a life because it is never ready to go when you need it. You cant turn if off so it burns through the battery. Hard to use. False readings. Never to be trusted. I have worked in pharmacy for 12 years and this is the worst product ever!

Purchased in February 2020 at Amcal for $90.00.

Gayle
GayleVictoria

Don’t be fooled by it’s convenience and good looks

The worst thermometer I’ve ever owned! Bought when I was going through chemo, it has never given a true reading. Don’t put your health at risk, buy an ear or mouth style thermometer and feel safe in knowing that it is an accurate reading.
Should be taken off the market.....

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Outlet for $79.00.

DO NOT BUY!

Complete waste of money. Giving different readings every time so completely inaccurate when you need to know if a child is ill or not. Loud beep that scares the kids and sat here now knowing I’ve got a high temperature with a virus but it still says 36.5! Do not buy.

Jeffy J
Jeffy JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Doesn't work

Poorly calibrated so gives very inconsistent readings. Also beeps loudly, so useless if trying to use with a sleeping child. No backlight, so good luck using in the dark without disturbing a sick little one. Also just completly stopped working after about 6 months. Probably the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on a child related product.

Purchased in April 2017 at Chemist Warehouse for $65.00.

A waste of Money!!

I would not recommend this product to anyone. It is highly inaccurate. I would take consecutive measurements on my child's forehead and they would vary by +/- 1.5 degrees C. Not the +/- 0.2 degrees as stipulated by the technical data sheet.

Purchased in September 2019.

Inconsistent

This is unreliable and inconsistent. It requires 20mins to adjust to the room temperature before attempting to take a reading. Cant be stored in a draw or cupboard, even harder if you have 2 or more kids in different rooms. For a $88.58 thermometer you would expect a lot more. The Discount drug store would not accept a return. Waste of money.

Purchased in July 2019 at Busselton Discount Drug Store for $88.58.

WT29
WT29Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Just rubbish - unreliable, battery waster

I bought this in about March 2019 from a local chemist. It was one of the more expensive ones on offer. Initially, I took it back as I didn't like the mode of operation and I couldn't hear any confirmation beep. The staff convinced me that it was Ok and I went away with it.

I've hardly used it since and when I did need it, the battery is flat. My wife is immune-compromised (spleen removed) and I need a reliable device so I can check for possible infections. I've had something to do with the Omron company in the past (Barcode readers) and they were pretty good in their day. It was one reason why I bought it.

Wish I hadn't.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.00.

Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW

Inaccurate and the auto-off does not work so the battery is always flat

Unusable. This thermometer is a piece of junk. Every time i use the thermometer I am always completely unsure whether the temperate is even remotely accurate. It gives very different readings right after one another. It is incredibly difficult to use and know what setting it is on. I am yet to be able to turn it off. The auto-off function does not work and eventually, the battery just goes flat. Do not buy. We got given this and i will probably throw it in the trash.

Purchased in June 2018.