Omron MC720

Omron MC720

Inaccurate and the auto-off does not work so the battery is always flat

Unusable. This thermometer is a piece of junk. Every time i use the thermometer I am always completely unsure whether the temperate is even remotely accurate. It gives very different readings right after one another. It is incredibly difficult to use and know what setting it is on. I am yet to be able to turn it off. The auto-off function does not work and eventually, the battery just goes flat. Do not buy. We got given this and i will probably throw it in the trash.

Purchased in June 2018.

Not commended

Bought this one a year ago. Not very user friendly. Keep showing error or low or low battery already Changed battery few times. Still not working properly. It seems like waste of money.

Purchased in September 2017 for $79.00.

Very Inconsistent, Not recommend

Purchased this as you could take measurement without touching, unfortunately doesn't provide accurate reading, not user friendly and drains battery. Hence gone back to conventional thermo..waste of time and money.
Chemists should not sell such piece of crap to consumers.
Looks professional and promising from outside but does nothing effectively.

Unreliable

After a series of false and inconsistent high temperature readings and an (unnecessary) trip to the emergency department for our newborn, we were advised by the doctors never to use this thermometer again. Apparently it doesn’t measure temperature directly. If you need a thermometer for your baby, just get an ordinary one and stick it under baby’s armpit.

This device is useless

To difficult to operate. I had a very sick child going through chemotherapy and needed a device that took temperatures quickly. This device never worked properly and put my child's life at risk until I bought a product that worked. I took this device and put it in the bin.

Hate it!

Makes a loud beep when you press the button to start taking a temperature which wakes the baby so it's useless at night. Also a bright light comes on while taking the temperature but then turns off the moment the temperature has been read so you can't read it at night without a secondary light. Poorly thought out functions!

piece of crap....... dont ever buy it

worst thermometer mistakly bought it doesnt give the correct reading . due to this crap had to rush baby emergency to hospital try to refund but denied . company ripping of with this product to customer. not happpy at all with this crap....and the company is very bad dealing with the customer asked for refund but said no.....

Good no touch forehead thermometer

I bought this as our other forehead Thermometer broke and was and Was no good anyway. I find that sometimes I can give a varying range of temperature but I found that if you try to keep it the same distance from the forehead each time you take the temperature it stays pretty much the same I tried this on as adults as well and by doing it this way gave the same reading when taken within the minute.

Don’t buy it

I bought this product today as my baby isn’t well and I wanted an easier way to measure his temperature. Well, it has given 5 different readings ranging from 37.7 degrees up to 39 degrees, all within the same minute. Not impressed at all. I am going to try to return it to the chemist I bought it from ASAP.

A pretty good "No Touch Thermometer"

This thermometer has been very useful for measuring the temperature of infants, children and adults. Previously I used a tympanic thermometer but wanted to avoid having to constantly replace the probe covers and also the "No Touch" thermometer is very handy for infants, or anyone with an aversion to having things pocked in their ears. Measurements are consistent with less than 0.4 degrees difference found due to operator technique, typically 0.1 or 0.2 degrees difference due to aiming technique. It is compact and easy to use. It is not the cheapest but definitely not the dearest of its' type. A drawback is that it uses a 'coin' battery instead of 'AAA', however, it is now over 12 months old and still going strong.

piece of crap

a little piece of crap. Don't waste your money and don't play with your bub's health. I wonder why this rubbish is still in shops. Inaccurate, unreliable and no way to find out how it works

Terrible

Does not give you accurate temp readings, or work half properly half the time. Thought this would be great for bub, but had trouble using it and giving different temps all the time.