Once Credit Card

Bad customer service.

I opened this card when purchasing an interest free item. I never received a card, and i may have had 3 or 4 late payments during the whole 2 year interest free period. If i was one day late, i would get a phone call from their accounts department and they were always rude to me. I paid my account of before time. I called them up and asked for a card, and they said no. I still get statements every 3 months telling me i have a huge credit limit that i can use at any time. I will never use this card again due to the way I was treated.

Rewards
Card Start DateApril 2008
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases
Hi Hazyb, Thank you for taking the time to alert us with the concern you are having. We would like to speak with you so we can assist you further. We would also like to be able to follow up on the way the call was handled and ensure we can resolve your concern to our service quality standards. We're sorry that it did not happen on your first call. Could you kindly send contact details via the email below? Review@flexigroup.com.au Regards, Once Team

It's very convenient

The use of the card was very easy with the free interest term and also the customer service was great , called about replacing the card and it get sent 4 days later very good

Card Start DateAugust 2017
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases
Hi Luky, We are glad to hear that your experience with us has been a positive one and we thank you for supporting Once Credit. Many thanks, Once Team

Very poor customer service and dishonest staff member.

Requested for details update several time, but fail to do it and yet charge you for late payment which was due to their staff negligence. Very unreasonable staff. Poor English communication.

Rewards
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases
Hi Bose, Thank you for making us aware of how you feel about your experience. We would like to be able to discuss this further and hopefully resolve your concern. If you could, please send contact details via the email below. We will look into this for you. Review@flexigroup.com.au Regards, Once Team

Once is once too many

I only got this credit card as it was the finance option when I had to replace my hot water system. Interest rate was high in comparison to some others and of all the finance companies I've dealt with Once were the least accommodating and empathetic, particularly In regard to financial hardship.
Their online login was a pain as besides the password you had to enter a sequence of letters/numbers each attempt which often wasn't successful. Can't change password either had to contact them and for a time was unable to access the online portal at all. When I paid out the card I was given about 3 different payout figures that of course increased the figure each time. I could go on but overall the experience was not a good one.
I would not recommend Once to anyone.

Application Process
Hi Kazza, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your experience and to assist you further. We would like to be able to discuss this further and hopefully resolve your concern. If you could, please send contact details via the email below. We will look into this for you. Review@flexigroup.com.au Regards, Once Team

Once is never enough

Our contract with Once Credit specified a termination date - that is, once the balance was paid, the account would be closed automatically. This didn't happen, even though it was stated in writing on the contract.

Fees continued to be charged until notice was given in writing to close the account. Apparently Once Credit can't even acknowledge their own contracts.

Now, after the account being actually closed for well over a year, they are again sending warnings that monies are owed on the account. They have no concept of customer service, contract obligations (including those that apply to the company) and no regard for Australian trading laws.

Whether you're an individual or a business, I strongly advise against having any association with Once Credit.

Hi Dave, We're sincerely sorry you have received this experience. We would like to fix things, if possible? If you could, kindly send contact details via the email below. Please add "Product Review" in the subject line. We will sort this out for you. Review@flexigroup.com.au Kind Regards, Once Team

Hard to deal with

I have to make many phone calls just to get my interest fees sorted out and up till present it is still not sorted out. I know that they have different departments and different operators to address different issues. However I have to repeat the whole story each time when I call once credit and nothing gets sorted out. As a customer I feel that the employees of once credit are not fully equipped with the knowledge and that the company itself is not giving the employees proper training and most importantly I think that the departments in the company are not even having a proper communication with one another.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to alert us with the concern you are having and we would like to speak with you so we can assist you further. We would also like to be able to follow up on the way the call was handled and ensure we can resolve your concern to our service quality standards. We're sorry that it did not happen on your first call. Could you kindly send contact details in the email below? Please add "Product Review" in the subject line. Review@flexigroup.com.au Regards, Once Team

So surprised other customers also have had fraudulent charges applied - seems a coincidence (Not)

Final payment of 12 months interest free then discovered fraudulent charges applied to the following month and checking this review found this seems to be common business practice (Thought there were laws against this), unfriendly claim back process with no time frames. Had to battle to cancel card, cancel account and cancel the un-capped direct debit I was not even aware of being in place but assured by the customer service this was standard practice - BE VERY AWARE OF ANY DEALINGS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Hi, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologise and we understand your frustration. We try to maintain the highest standards of service, but it's clear we fell short in your case. Could you kindly send contact details via the email below? We'd like to find out more about your experience and see if wecan help. Review@flexigroup.com.au Regards, Lombard TeamYou could help by emailing the forms as promised, apparently the investigation into the fraudulent charges will not commence until receipt of the paperwork with no time frame when my money will be refunded. Only two companies have ever had my account details so the question in my mind is who committed the fraudulent use?Hi, The forms has been sent. We look forward to speaking with you so we may address further queries. Regards, Once Team

. Limit Increase.Highly satisfied

I am very satisfied with the Company. They are very professional and got all my work done with one phone call. Limit increase was done soon after I sent my requested details. I am relay satisfied with them

Hi Sha, Thank you for your review. We appreciate when our customers take time to leave a note about us! We are glad you had a positive experience from our team. We are always striving to deliver an excellent service. Many thanks, Once Team

Worst company I’ve dealt with

I have had to call this company multiple times to confirm fees and charges that were incorrect among other things. I have called to confirm my interest rate on multiple occasions as well as I was told 4 different things by 4 different people. I shouldn’t have to call up a company so many times to sort information that should have been clear from the beginning. Am going to do my best to get out of their company as soon as possible because it’s ridiculous and doesn’t help anyone at all.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to alert us to the concern you are having. We would like to speak to you and follow up on the way the call was handled. We want to ensure we can resolve your concern to our service quality standards. We're sorry that it did not happen on your first call. Kindly send us your contact via our email address at, Review@flexigroup.com.au Regards, Once Team

Rip off

I’ve finished my loan contract months ago!! All paid out and find 40 dollars taken out of my account 1 day ago make sure if your not using it to cancel your account.

They are a big joke this company

These guys have charged me a late payment fee every month since I had back surgery i have emailed them told them the reason I have been 3 day's late on the monthly payments but they don't care the late payment fee of ,$35.00 and don't forget if you pay it on person you get stung $2.50 for that as well and it would be really good if you could get someone that spoke polighthly and that listened to you and didn't cut you off when your trying to talk to them. If there was a minus rating this company would truly deserve it

Good to see everyone else that has complained about this company ONCE is quick to jump on it if i really started on about an issue in may of last year and still continues today I've requested the audio recording from Once in Regards to this matter still have not received any thing . Ring from private numbers don't like to use voice mail so how can u ring them back if it is them ring of course I've be lied to was promised late payment charges would be suspended big lie the late payment charges still going on . 1 phone call about this matter i scrapped together half the amout said to this person I've got half of the amount i said i can pay hslf and once pay half i was told i was on drugs

Worst credit card ever

We used the ONCE card for an emergency and paid off whole amount within 33 days. Surprise surprise even after paying all the amount back they still charged nearly $150 interest and the customer care people don’t know to explain how they calculated the amount even the balance is zero. After two long phone calls still we have to pay the amount. PLEASE BE AWARE WHEN YOU USING YOURS.

Just don’t do it

Please read all of the reviews below before signing up to this company! It’s all so true! They confuse you with putting a much lower minimum monthly amount to pay so that you are left with a large balance at the end of the interest free period. Very sneaky. Never send you statements. My husband has just closed our account so I will be triple checking that this has been done!!! Then, the rude call centre operator “Jodie” (which is ironic as he was apparently male) said to my husband at the end of the conversation, so after all of questions asked, & account was closed “I just have to say that I thought you were a female”.
Whaaaaaaatttt?!?!? He asked to be put through to ‘his’ supervisor but funnily enough, he was taking several other complaints.

Once Credit

Too many stuff ups. I purchased a trampoline and only needed $1200 of the $1500 minimum. They sent my card and then rang to ask me to activate it. I said I did not want to activate it as I had no intention of using the remaining credit and the lady basically harassed me and gave me all the reasons why I should activate it. Then I made the monthly pay back at $50 but the statements came as having paid the minimum of $30, I rang several times and they adjusted it yet the statements keep coming at $30 - I can't help but feel they want you to go into debt and owe them. I defaulted on my last payment and have had about 30 miss calls! over 4 days (missed because I was working) Surely they can send an email. I plan to pay this off in full shortly and will never use them again, and I wouldn't want any of my friends or family to ever either. I really think it is more than just bad customer service, I do not trust this company at all.

Biggest Mistake Ever - Do Not Use This Company!!!

TERRIBLE customer service, Sloppy online account access, THREATENING demands for payment before a statement is provided,1 statement in 3 months and the list goes on.

I have been a customer for 3 months now and have never had this many problems before... They do not have an app to follow your account with and their online portal is sloppy and incomplete. I have only ever received one statement in a 3 month period and before receiving my first ever statement I had a rude call centre agent contact me at work (mymobile was in front of me and NOT contacted first) demanding payment and that my account is overdue... what the??? I don't even have an account statement! I requested that she NEVER contact me at work again as it is totally humiliating and her response was "well if you pay your bill i won't have to".

My partner and I again last night received a TXT message with demand for payment.. Again, I have not received my monthly statement. Anyway I made the payment this morning and contacted the accounts team questioning my statement only for someone to not understand my concern and tell me to look at my last statement!! Are you kidding me? He then proceeded to tell me that My statement was due yesterday (which I already told him 3 times) but it can take a couple of weeks to get to me, even though I receive them electronically!!! An emailed statement doesn't takes weeks, that was just an answer to try and shut me up because these people just do not know what they are talking about.

I never leave negative reviews however unless you are wanting to feel like you are smashing your head against a brick wall on a monthly basis I strongly encourage you not to use this company. Maybe once they invest some more time into building the foundations of the business properly and have customer support located in AUS or with agents who simply understand there might be hope for this company but for now, it just is not worth the headache!

Unhappy customer

My card was lost in the mail, with active pay wave, someone intercepted it and used it for spending. I made calls to Once Credit and lodged a dispute form when I received a statement with debt showing on my account. Despite numerous calls to Once credit, I have been harassed over the debt. They keep saying sorry promising to change things but to date nothing has changed. This is one company I will never deal with again.

Once you sign up get ready

I can’t believe so many people have written a review without swearing. God did I make a mistake getting this 55 month free interest with my new kitchen. Get ready for this complaint, all I want is once credit sending me my monthly bill by post before the due date and mind you I’m paying for the paper bill to be posted. I ring them by phone asking to please send my bill and they say we did. Well there is no mail and the person on the phone says have you checked your post box. After that reply I asked if I could speak to someone in a higher position, they couldn’t find anyone, this office is somewhere in the Phillipines, then I asked if I could speak to someone in Australia where I’m from, yes you guessed there was no hope. Staff need to be trained how to communicate, all I here is sorry sorry that’s all. How hard is it to send a bill notice prior to due date and not charge me a penalty because I didn’t pay by due date. This organisation needs a big change before more people see what’s behind the Curtin. Think twice before you choose.

Absolutely terrible

Absolutely terrible service. Signed up for a Thermomix deal for the 2 year interest free period same experience as everyone else on this page. Poor communication, additional fees charged, wanted to have the total paid in the interst free period but their monthly debits were selected as minimum. Between the Thermomix reps and Once credit -you need to take a good look at your service and communication to clients. rather than focusing on the sale and interest $$$

Account is inactive and charge a yearly fee

Account was closed 7 months prior though they apparently didn't get the call charges $99 for a yearly fee. The customer assistance is rude and not at all helpful and blocks us from escalating the complaint any further.

Dodgy charge

Had 1 payment to go on Thermomix. Called and asked how much and after that had been paid asked them to cancel card. They then charged $2.50 which we didn't know about, card was not cancelled because of this and then they charged $90 annual fee as card was still active with $2.50 owing!

I do have simlar concerns of a few unhappy customers in here, 1) if i make 2 purchaces of 250 + a couple of months between each purchase, do i get seperate 6 months interest free for both, or will it meter start ticking from the first purchase? 2) what is the point of approved providere, is it not the same 6 months from any dealer? I tried to making a booking from byojet (agreed 9 months interest free, they said they no longer deal with once, though it still on Once's website as a approved dealer, even today) 3) can I pay bills over 250 and get 6 months interest free? thanks Col
Yes you get 6 months interest free on each purchase you make and whenever you make your monthly payment it is allocated to the earliest purchase first. Not too sure what you mean in your second question? Like if another company is offering interest free (Byojet 9 months?) then they will have a provider who they are offering that through and you will need to sign up with them and not use your Once card. Yes you can pay a bill as long as it is over $250 it will show up on your next statement with 6 months interest free. Be careful when making extra purchases as your monthly repayment will increase but you will not be notified by Once about this and as direct debit is the only real option for making payment (they charge for any other form of payment) Once will just keep debiting you on the old amount and then they will charge you a $35 fee for not meeting your new monthly requirement. There are a lot better companies out there I would avoid Once at all costs!!!

Agile Card55 Day Card
Card TypeVisaVisa
Minimum Credit Limit$1,000$1,000
Maximum Credit Limit$30,000$30,000
Minimum Repayments3%3%
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate25.99% p.a.25.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%3%
Late Payment Fee$35$35
Annual Fee$99$99
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3$3
Interest Free Period 55 days55 days
Cash Advance Rate25.99% p.a.25.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 6 months6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%0%