Oppo R9S

Oppo R9S

Busta

BustaGold Coast

Terribly slow, .

Faster cheaper phones are available. Terribly slow,especially running apps. Suspect search engine directing all searches through a built in tool, (China?). Touch screen membrane is solid but clunky. Thumbs down

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

xign123

xign123Sydney, NSW

Good cheap phone

This phone is very good value. The phone has very good specs compared to its competitors in the price range. It's nippy with plenty of processing power to run plenty of applications. The user interface is kinda bad. Would prefer to use stock android. In the box, the phone comes with an already applied screen protector as well as a basic transparent case. Also a special thanks to productreview for giving me a platform to voice my opinions.

Purchased in July 2018 at Mobileciti Physical store for $399.00.

Rebs

RebsCanberra

Oppo R9

great storage space
the add on O/S gives it a IPhone look
quick battery charging 3% to 75% in about 15 mins
batter charge not bat 2.5 days with a couple of calls internet usage an6 txt
good screen resolution and colour
uses standard mini usb cables
good size screen
light to carry
20 megapix camera

Purchased in December 2017 at virgin.

laurenk168

laurenk168North Western Region, NSW

The best phone.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Gab

GabSydney, NSW

"Best phone I've had"

Camera quality is great. Used it to get some great shots for all my holidays!
Display and brightness was very good. Dropped my phone a million times and the screen never broke until it got ran over by my car when i left it on the road and the screen was still usable for some time after until i repaired it.
Its a quickly responding phone in terms of browsing and using apps and for the price was easily the best phone I've owned compared to iphones, sony and more.

Purchased in May 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

lodz_au

lodz_auSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great phone for the price

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Deb

DebGeelong

Such a great phone, my brains trust!

I'm not a tech person, just an everyday user. I've had this phone for a couple of years now, and find it's the perfect blend of "useful" for me without being too complex. The screen is big enough to read maps and notes. The camera is great, with choices of resolution and settings. Love the Bluetooth to my car, calendar to remind me of things to attend, all my contacts, emails, internet to find info I need, music to listen to, calculator for checking stuff, weather reports, flashlight, games, notes, my movie collection, and so much more; in fact everything I could possibly need is right there. And if I haven't got it, I can get an app for it. The only thing missing is a cattle prod for protection!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Kerrie M

Kerrie MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome phone

I've tried apples, Samsung's and everything in between but this phone, id have to say, is the best phone I've had since the old Nokia's! The camera is great, has a beauty lease too, which is really handy.
I have dropped it numerous times, and the screen still hasn't broken..
It's really a good phone for the price.
Easiest way to describe it, is a cross between an iPhone and a Samsung!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Keira C

Keira CAU

Great

Great little device with a screen not too big but also clearly visible. Tough machine but still needs a case for extra protection. Features work great and loading time is excellent. Easy and understand layout of phone features. Great amount of storage and built in cache cleaner. Camera is of fine quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jack A

Jack A

Great phone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

david

davidmelbourne

Great everyday phone

Had this Oppo R9 for almost the last two years and it still works and functions great. Has never slowed down or got stuck. Looks just like an iphone and has plenty of amazing features. It has one of the fastest finger print scanners in the world, has a great battery which charge's up in no time and last a while.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Smurfy

SmurfyAdelaide

Perfect.

Best phone for price. Honestly these are so better compared to major brand names. Not had one issue ever, no problem and a hassle free phone. All members in our house now use oppo, from adults to fussy teenages who want the best. No issues running other 3rd party apps or accessories.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

swaggie1Melbourne

Great phone for the price

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gl1der

Gl1derMalvern

Quality phone - good battery life

I took some convincing to finally take the plunge and buy tis - I guess I a a bit of a brand conservative but four months ion I am a definite convert - this is a heck of a good phone for the money and a pleasure to use. Screen is just outstanding and camera is on point too. I got over dyas battery life and I am a heavy user. Dont think twice! This phone really is good.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Colin

Colin

Suprisingly good

Have been using it for more than a year, no issues really. Specifications are pretty good compared to most other quite expensive phones on the market. It receives regular updates for Android releases which are a bonus. Only downside would be the default home screen pretending to be Apple but still well worth the buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Kumar

KumarMelbourne

Best value for money

Have been using it for more than a year. Haven't had any issues. Specs are best and comparable to most other ridiculously expensive phones in the market. Gets regular updates for Android releases which is a major plus. Only downside would be the default home screen which mimics iOS but confusing for Android super users.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Richard4646Toowoomba

Repair Service

Bought this phone almost 2 years ago, and has been a really great phone best one I have owned by far, just lately the camera had been playing up. Sent the phone to repair place in Sydney Monday and will have it back Friday at no cost to me at all, Well Done. Excellent service for a near 2 year old phone

Date PurchasedAug 2016

JackieBrisbane

Excellent phone and online service

This was my first smart phone so I needed a little guidance. I found that when I emailed Oppo, I had a prompt and helpful answer. There were no problems with the phone, I just needed help with how to do various things, or where to find information. The online staff were always courteous and helpful. I actually tried them out before purchasing the phone. It is lovely and slim, and seems to me to be just as good as an iphone, only half the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Karrina

KarrinaAuckland

Love it!

Bought a year ago while upgrading the Huawei. Oppo still operates like new. Never want another phone - it has made life so much easier from printing, fitness alarms, wifi heater...I have added a few apps & it still runs fast. Wasn't loaded with unnecessary apps, charges within an hour, games run fast, video/ photos very clear, Im not a techie so if you want reliable, easy, compatible with other devices then this is great. I got the glass screen protector which doesn't fit properly & my techie friends said I didn't need it. Love the screen size too

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Mediocre phone with terrible software

Date PurchasedAug 2017

James

Jamesasked

When I got this phone I don't have an issue but now this phone have a bluetooth issue after while. Using a bluetooth earphone(LG), headphone(Yamaha) or car(Toyota Camry) I cannot hear the other end properly and The other end cannot hear me properly. The sound like from universe and disconnected. Then I have to fine a wired earphone. Anyone has any idea what is wrong?

One

Oneasked

How to turn off screen overlay from Oppo R9s?

Richard4646

I'm sorry I can't help, maybe thru settings or if you go to the Oppo website they might be something there

Taj M.
Taj M.

Why adroid phone ..message and cal can block ..pld remove tis frm the phone ...very urgent oso cant connect the person

Rafiuddin A

Rafiuddin Aasked

I am using this phone for almost 18 months.Oppo says it has dual sim but I can't use two sims. Only one sim is displayed. Any suggestions?

Richard4646

No I am sorry I can't help, think the way it's set would be if you travel overseas you can use the other sim on other networks, at least that is my understanding of it

Jackie

Hi Rafiuddin, Sorry but I don't know. Have never tried to use the second one. I bought mine at Vodafone, and I go into their store with any problems, or Oppo are very good at answering emails and have solved some of my problems. Their email address is support@oppomobile.com.au

swaggie1

Have you inserted the second SIM card? You do this via the sim tray where the first one is. You can have 2 sims or one sim and one micro sd card.

Get an answer from our members and Oppo representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Screen Size 5.5"
Screen Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
Display TechnologyAMOLED
Camera
Max Video Resolution 2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Front Camera(s)16MP Standard