Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series

• Product is used
  • Safety
Amy

AmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality blender at a great price!

Blender is optimum, easy to use. Quieter machine than most. Blends most foods well. I really enjoy being able to use my blender for a numerous amount of blends including sauces, smoothies and soups.

Purchased at Froothie for $500.00.

Mark V

Mark VSouthern and Hills, SA

Best blender we've had

This blender is easily the best we've had (and we've had a few). Ours gets a good workout daily preparing vegetable smoothies, etc. Highly recommended. And, as I've just discovered, if you leave the lid insert in the jug and "blend" it (!) you can easily get spares from Froothie who provide friendly and efficient service.

Purchased in January 2017 at Froothie.

StuCTownsville

Excellent replacement for my previous blender

I make smoothies every morning using frozen berries, bananas and fresh ginger with apple, orange and carrots, chia and pumpkin seeds, almonds, toasted oats, turmeric, ground black pepper and pomegranate juice. I was concerned that the blender was not fast enough to chop everything enough, but on the fruit/veg setting it produces a far superior smoothie than my old very high speed blender and handles all the ingredients with ease. Very easy to operate and clean. To make things even better it is so much quieter than the old blender.

Purchased in July 2020 at Froothie.

Super powerful

So impressed with this machine, have never had such beautiful smoothies. When researching I wasn't sure if it was going to be powerful enough however I find it incredibly powerful! Had a small issue with my rotating jug lid however the support team went absolutely above and beyond and couldn't have been more helpful. Cannot recommend enough

Purchased in July 2020.

Nora

NoraSydney Surrounds, NSW

So quiet!

This blender is so quiet! Really impressed by how quiet this blender really is, did not expect this.
What I also like is the extra small jug that was included for free. I use it especially when I make smoothies just for myself.
And I have also made some peanut butter today, worked great :)
I also want to thank the customer service team, they have been very helpful and responding quickly to my questions.

Purchased in June 2020 at Froothie.

Sarah S

Sarah SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Better than Vitamix

I really like this blender and I got it to replace my vitamix that quit after about 5 years. The g2.3 is also much quieter than any other blender I have had. This makes it easy for me to make treats at night when my roommate is sleeping as I tend to enjoy baking at night after work. Thanks to Froothie for bringing such a good blender out!

Purchased in March 2017 at Froothie.

Xavier

XavierSydney, NSW

So many uses!

Since getting my hands on this i have been nothing short of impressed with this product. I use it daily every morning for my smoothie's and it has no issue blending down things like kale, celery and spinach. Ive also made ice cream with it and in a pinch have used it to grind spice without any problem. I would reccommend this to anyone!

Purchased in February 2020 for $1,000.00.

Excellent machine.

This machine does way more than what we use it for. It handles everything we throw in it with ease. The only problem we had was when the lid wasn't held down during operation and covered the entire kitchen in blended gunk. Lesson learnt, always hold lid during operation. Otherwise can't fault unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tai

TaiBrisbane

blender

Great purchase value for money, handles all foods with ease give the best consistency. Very reliable product well built very impressive finish. Get all round product not very noisy easy to use and clean.

InformedShopper

InformedShopperAuckland

A little underwhelming, with needed improvements, but does a great job anyway

Purchased in December 2017 at Froothie.

the_smurf

the_smurfSydney, NSW

Had it for 2 months now, its great

I've been using this a few times a week now for two months to make nut milk and frozen banana ice cream, so not the two easiest jobs. Its been great so far! Just chuck in some frozen bananas, press the sorbet button, and the ice cream is ready in 90 seconds. So good to be able to eat ice cream everyday!! The machine seems solid.
I had ordered the optimum 9400 but they were waiting for the shipment to re-stock so was offered to upgrade to this one for free. It was scary spending so much on a machine so I read tonnes of reviews but I am happy.

JoJoSydney

Underwhelmed and disappointed

JoJo

UPDATE (26/11/17): Francois personally called me to have this issue resolved over the phone. He was very accommodating and friendly.

SewAuckland

Impressed...

Wow ! I am impressed with this blender. Got it today and first thing I did was soaked a cup of almonds for 5 hours ( can’t wait any longer) to make almond milk. I used top speed for the 60 seconds programmed, and the milk came out smooth and creamy . The pulp is so fine unlike the ones I got from my old ( spat the dummy) blender. Will try nut butter tomorrow.

The support service guys ( Paul , sorry only got one name), are really fantastic. They were very reassuring and calm and helpful on the phone, as well as live chat. Email response - not so prompt .

The delivery was super quick too in Auckland.

Sew

Had it for two months and today the blender has stopped working while making nut butter !, grrrrrr...I hope someone from Froothie reads this and get in touch. Not impressed ,,,

TIMOTHY

TIMOTHY

Good for making veggie drinks

We want a blender that can blend veggies as well as fruits. Not all of them do the work as some veggies are harder to blend. This one works well and you can separate the pulp easily. It's easy to assemble though the washing isn't such a chore because the machine dismantles easily and not too many parts to wash each time. The blending ability is good -- it does take some of the tougher fruits and veggies and makes a good job of it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Dean R

Dean RNelson, New Zealand

Was well worth the price I paid.

Date PurchasedJune 2011

JackieNSW

Short circuited the power in my house!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Love my G2.3 blender!!

I use it for everything from soups, smoothies, juices, nut butters to nut milk. Quiet and creates great products. Couldn't be happier with it!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
jimbo511

jimbo511

Quiet and Efficient

I originally purchased the G2.1 and though the results were good however the noise level was fairly extreme. Shortly after the purchase Froothie offered a discount on the G2.3. They made me an offer to do a switch and I accepted. The power, lack of noise and even the weight of the G2.3 is tremendous. I guess brushless electric motors for blenders is the way of the future. I use it quite regularly and the blender has stepped up on every occasion. If you catch it on sale buy it as it's well worth it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Linda K.

Linda K.asked

Hello,
I’m very interested in buying this blender but see that the jug is made of a type of plastic. It says it can crush ice and when I did that with my Nutribullit the plastic has gone cloudy. Will this jug do the same? Many thanks.

Mario N.Optimum Appliances

Hey Linda!

Due to the high speed of the blades and the powerful motor, glass is an unsafe option for high speed blenders like Vitamix and Optimum. If a spoon, or other utensil, were to be accidentally dropped in or left in the container during processing, the glass container could shatter or explode and cause serious injury. Glass jugs are usually only available with weaker less-expensive blenders, and high speed blenders cannot be approved for sale in Australia with a glass jug.

All Optimum jugs are made of high-quality commercial-grade Eastman Tritan copolyester material (BPA Free), and are virtually unbreakable. All jugs are heat proof, approved for health and safety by the US Food & Drug Administration, CE, Underwriters Laboratory and the European Laboratory Commission.

The Optimum jugs are very durable and will not break, great example in this video with someone slamming the jug with a hammer numerous times:

I hope that helps clear it up :)

Roger Chong

Roger Chongasked

Hi, I just bought G2.6 today. I thought it is a brushless motor like the G2.3 which bought for my sister. I make my own tahini. Does the G2.6 has just as much torque with a full load? My order # 124502638. I like the brushless because it is quieter and maintain torque under a full load.

StuC

I make homus and grind up frozen and fresh fruit and vegetables every morning for smoothies. Never misses a beat or even sounds like it is working hard. Very happy with it.

Julia

Juliaasked

Which is stronger, the g2,6 or the g2.3? Why is the g2.3 more expensive than the g2.6? Is the g2.6 on offer at the moment (31st May 2019)

Hey Julia!

The G2.6 gives the G2.3 a run for its money.
The G2.3 is more expensive as it has a brushless motor, however we've moved away from brushless motors for the moment.

What are you looking to use your blender for?
I can let you know the best option :)

See all Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series questions