Optimum Puppy

Optimum Puppy

3.1

• Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten (6) · Adult (2)
  • Side Effects Yes (3) · No (6)
  • Smell

PammyGosford

Optimum puppy

Our 9 mo pup has just started the past few days having small amounts of the optimum puppy dry food,he seems to enjoy it. No change to stool (always good) happy,healthy and good weight. All the people saying made dogs sick possibly the dog was just sick? I don't believe the food was the culprit ps you weab them onto new food not just chuck a heap in the bowl from day 1.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles Online.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Pammy

Wean them onto new food slowly.

STINKS

The dry food stinks of crap and/or vomit ... repulsive .. . my 6 month-old refused to eat it ... SO AVOID ... don't understand how a dog-food producer can have the gall to present such fare to the dog community

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
check your can

check your canSouthwest, VIC

check your cans don't pay for air

680g can of optimum with chicken and rice light and healthy well the light was right opened the can of air the can was only 1/3 full so optimum may be a good idea to check your quality control if we but a 680g can we expect it the right weight the dog food seem good the dog ate it but there was not much in the can so everybody check your can

Purchased in July 2020 at portarlington for A$3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Find out how Optimum Puppy compares to other Dog Foods

Horrible stuff would not recommended for staffy pups itchy and diarrhea .

Make her skin dry flakly and runny poos my breeder had her on this 12 weeks problems started, my vet highly recommend to change her food to high quailty dry food she is so much better more active bright eyes no more flaky dry skin .

Purchased in June 2000 for A$17.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Lyn

LynSydney, NSW

can't recycle packaging

I was disappointed to see that the package for dry dog food products are not recyclable.

If they can be recycled through red cycle, this is not stated on the packet.

My policy is not to buy products which produce waste and I hope that the business will work to change its packaging very soon for the sake of the environment.

Purchased in June 2020.

Stephen I.

Stephen I.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible! Our poor fur baby :-(

Our Mini Foxie loves the food HOWEVER she has gotten so sick from it and has the runs and generally unwell :-( DO NOT BUY THIS FOOD! I feel so bad for feeding this POISON to our fur baby!

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for A$19.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Grey

GreySydney, NSW

Diarrhea and itch after consumption

My pup has been taking this product since he was put on solid food. He was fine until recently, he has diarrhea and itch every time he ate this. He does not have any other diet except this. Not sure what had changed in the content as this is the only food which I am giving him. Unfortunately I will have to stop this until it creates further damages.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Online store.

Helen

Helen

Great food at good price

We are raising our second Cavalier puppy on it. The 2 year old is on the small breeds one now. No problems whatsoever and it's easily available and a good price.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for A$15.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Diana

Diana

My puppy loves the food

My 9-month puppy loves the food. Due to her size, I've bought the "giant breed" option after having trialed the regular version. Mine prefers this one to the other options on the market due to its large kibble size. When she eats, I can hear the crunchiness. I have started building a collection of food for mine to rotate on a regular basis. This one is an inexpensive option that I will definitely keep coming back to. Highly recommended!

Purchased in May 2019 at Pet Circle.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Dee

DeeSydney

My puppy prefers these to Black Hawk puppy biscuits

My 6 month golden retriever puppy loves these bikkies.
We used to buy her the Black Hawk puppy bikkies which she ate but she would never eat them as soon as I put her food out. She would leave it for 20 mins until she was really hungry to eat. They are the smallest puppy bikkies I have found on the market.

She doesn't vomit or have diarrhea when on them.

Digbysmum

DigbysmumMelbourne

My dog loves these biscuits.

My dog is really fussy with what she will and won't eat, but these biscuits are one of her favourites. May not have as good nutritional value as more expensive pet food but you get what you pay for. It is a good inexpensive food that my dog enjoys.

0 stars!

I bought this for my 2 dogs. The first night they ate it and were vommiting, then the second night they barely ate any of the biscuits, which is not like them! Would not recommend!

Marijana

Marijana

Poison - Optimum should shut down!!!

Please do not give your puppy this rubbish food,
My poor poodle, she was so sick and vomiting.
She was not putting on weight. The vet was so concerned for her. She was always hungry, she would go and hunt for spider to eat because this food has no nutrition. The vet and pet store had confirmed that this food is the worst you can give your puppy, no protein or fats to help them grown.
As soon as I stopped giving her this rubbish she stopped vomiting. She had cooked turkey and rice with royal canin for poodles. In one week she put 100 grams of weight. Finally she is putting on weight. This product should be removed from the shelves.. I have made a formal complaint about optimum. Please do not give your dog this food!!!!

Loves his dinner

Loved it nothing left in his bowl thoroughly enjoyed it will definitely let my family know about this product thanks

AJx11

AJx11Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Our pups love it

Our Maremma pups love this food. We find it to be one of the highest quality from the super market. As we can't always afford 80-$100 for premium food from the vet or pet store.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Best value

Great value product, high in protein and fat, been using this for long time without any problems, my puppy is very healthy and grown well, is complete and balanced with all the needed nutrients, nice solid poop too.

Would definitely not recommend!

Recently changed my pup to this food and he got extremely unwell and had an infection, we assumed he may have eaten something he shouldn’t have. Had him on a plain diet of rice and chicken for a week and he got a lot better, started him on this food again 2 days ago and since starting this food again he’s got the runs and is also vomiting everything up. Never had a problem like this with anything else only this food. Definitely not worth it to make your dog sick.

Britt

BrittSydney

Swiss shepherd fav food

When I first got my Swiss shepherd I used optimum puppy and from day 1 she loved it.
I soaked it in warm water to stop bloat and to make it easy to chew and she found it great will keep on using it.

ami

amisydney

puppy love it

I reacently switch to this brand after some research. my Bichon puppy love it.
also the package has easy zip.

Susan & Bob

Susan & BobMelbourne

Heathy puppy

Our little fur child loves this product and is fit and healthy and growing up fast would highly recommend to anyone with a new fussy puppy.