VerifiedMPN:DTX4000

79% · 225 · 18%

Clive
CliveWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

We bought this uhf radio for our 4wd

We bought this radio for our 4wd and it works really good haven’t had a problem with it until now. The problem is with the cord for the microphone where the outer part of the cord has perished. I phoned oricom and a replacement has been sent out the lady I spoke to was very helpful and sorted out the problem I would like to say thank you Show details ·  1
StevePerth, WA3 posts

DTX 4000 Review

This unit is the second Oricom unit we have purchased, having a DTX4200 in our other vehicle.
The physical advantage of having a remote head is certainly a winner but the best feature is the dual receive function which is the prime reason for purchasing both units. The ability to listen to the truckies channel while also communicating with other convoy travelers makes life on the road a lot less stressful while being a safety feature. Show details ·  1
Kerry Dobinson
Kerry DobinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Feel a lot safer with Orion on board

Travelling around Aus and good safety comfort blanket and coverage Show details ·  1
Rudy
RudyHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Well worth it!

Over the years I've ve had a Oricoms in various 4WD'S. Always happy with quality, ease of use and performance; as with this unit...Easy intallation with the option of mounting as a complete unit or split head. I mounted the main unit under the pass seat and head on the dash. The speaker is clear and easily understandable down on the floor. The unit is easy to use and to adjust to personal preferences.
Quality and performance of this unit is superb! Show details ·  1
Lucas Burden
Lucas Burden
Blair
BlairNortheast, VIC2 posts

I’m disappointed

Speaker is terrible and hard to understand, insulation on hand piece is coming apart, I’m about to remove it and replace it with my old unit. Looks good and great size just not suited to a truck Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based team a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Peter S
Peter S2 posts

Brilliant UHF Radio

Was very easy to install and has worked well from the outset. On good days even getting 25+km coverage in hilly conditions. Easy to use and operate. Clear internal speaker.  Show details ·  1
Anthony Zettl
Anthony ZettlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality microphone cable

A good unit but the microphone cable insulation was cracked on receipt of the first unit. To their credit Oricom has supplied me with 5 replacement units. Each of these was either broken on receipt or failed within a fortnight of installation even with no use.
At each point of contact I requested whether there was a quality problem and by the 3rd occasion requested a refund. None of these requests were ever addressed. I am only too happy to tell people on the numerous 4wd forums and campsites of my poor customer relations experience with Oricom. Show details
Dan78
Dan78Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Excellent unit, easy to install and great customer service

Works well and easy to install. The cable on the hand unit frayed after 6mths. Submitted a claim. They called the next day and the replacement arrived the day after. Show details ·  1
Geoff
GeoffPerth, WA2 posts

The Company Oricom

Have had a small issue with the microphone lead and one email and some details, I now have a brand new one to replace it. Great product with first class product support. Awesome. Buy with confidence. Show details ·  1
Neil Muller
Neil Muller

Small and compact

Easy to install. Great features including the ability to use 2 channels at the same time. Clear sound and LED screen is a good colour. The additional head unit is an added bonus  Show details ·  1
Jordan Simpson
Jordan SimpsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product

Excellent product , easy diy install , been through mud dust water still works like brand new , the dual receive is handy for when ur on long road trips and filter through truck channels for over taking and convoy. Show details ·  1
Stefan Filip
Stefan FilipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great like an aircraft radio but

The product is really good, but I used the extension to have the box up top and the controls infront on the dash, it stopped working and when I took the controls out of the bracket it was warped, it melted and the places where your tighten it pulled up and formed a bubble, with the connection bit pushing into the unit making an indentation, I had to make a cover for the unit to protect it from the sun and remove the spacers.
I shouldn't have to do that.
Other then that good unit, I suggest not placing onto starter battery as with voltage fluctuations the unit flashes to different colours. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the review. We would like to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based team a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom.

Andrew O.
Andrew O.

Great radio

very compact, the Remote head looks great in its location...
can hear the speaker well from the mounting location
hand mic is easy to use Antenna was easy to install.
cabling that came with the kit is very well put together Show details ·  1
James Sandford
James SandfordMurray Region, NSW2 posts

Absolute piece of s**t

Terrible reception. Lots of static noise. Microphone cable has already cracked in two places and only 6 weeks old. Would not recommend anyone to buy. Wouldn’t even talk to escort vehicle in front Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi James, we back our products with a full 5 year warranty, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.